PDA

View Full Version : Redskins news

SpursFanFirst
10-19-2009, 08:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation

Tough task for Sherm Lewis

October 19, 2009 5:03 PM

Posted by ESPN.com’s Kevin Seifert

You never like to see people put in an impossible position to succeed, but that’s my overwhelming feeling after seeing longtime NFC North/Central friend Sherman Lewis named Washington’s new playcaller.

Lewis has been the offensive coordinator in Green Bay (1992-99), Minnesota (2000-01) and Detroit (2003-04). For all the good things he did during his career, especially in Green Bay, many people would agree that play-calling wasn’t one of them.

Packers coach Mike Holmgren called plays during most of Lewis’ tenure there. Lewis’ brief role as a playcaller under Ray Rhodes in 1999 did not go well, as Jason Reid of the Washington Post points out. And a few of you might remember that in 2001, then-Vikings coach Dennis Green once stripped Lewis of play-calling duties in the middle of a game at Chicago.

And as crazy as it sounds, those situations were much more conducive to success than what Lewis is stepping into now. Taking over an offense after two weeks as a consultant -- and as a result of a front office ultimatum to head coach Jim Zorn -- is a recipe for disaster. I just hope Lewis doesn’t catch the brunt of the blame in Washington if (and when) this experience turns sour.
NFC East, NFC North, Ray Rhodes, Dennis Green, Mike Holmgren, Jim Zorn, Sherman Lewis

Poor guy!

Bigzax
10-20-2009, 11:31 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/redskins_hold_press?utm_source=onion_rss_daily

Redskins Hold Press Conference To Announce They Are Still Sort Of A Football Team

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Jim-Zorn.article_large.jpg

WASHINGTON—Washington Redskins head coach Jim Zorn held a press conference Sunday to reassure fans that, despite an inability to effectively execute their offense, defense, or special teams, the Redskins were still somewhat comparable to a real football team. "It's been a tough season so far, and even though we are 2-4, we still have players, uniforms, Motorola headsets—all the components that technically constitute an NFL team, sort of," Zorn said while grimacing and making a "so-so" gesture with his hand. "Sure, I was stripped of play-calling responsibilities by team management, and I really don't have any clue who will play quarterback for us this Sunday, but I swear to you, in a weird, very convoluted way, we are in the NFL." Placing his hand over the microphone, Zorn then spoke briefly with an unidentified man near the stage, and announced that, for what it's worth, the organization owns the Internet domain name washingtonredskins.com through 2010.

MannyIsGod
10-24-2009, 05:29 PM
So hard to be a skins fan right now.

Spursfan092120
10-25-2009, 11:35 AM
I heard somewhere that Sherm was going to call the plays off a sheet, but wasn't familiar with the plays...wow...

Bigzax
10-26-2009, 09:41 AM
ZTqk4Du4-wM

this one makes me a bit sick.

i've been a JC supporter all the way, but it is what it is.

you want a QB that avoids the INT, but got damn, throw the rock!

IronMexican
10-26-2009, 07:04 PM
What a low blow by ESPN. Going to the retirement center? Classless.

SpuronyourFace
10-26-2009, 07:24 PM
So hard to be a skins fan right now.

Should of never jumped that bandwagon huh?

Bigzax
10-26-2009, 07:32 PM
so hard to be a skins fan right now.

hope

Bigzax
10-26-2009, 07:45 PM
and so it begins...7-0

Bigzax
10-26-2009, 07:49 PM
B-3, B-3...hut hut...for 18 yards!

Bigzax
10-26-2009, 07:55 PM