PDA

View Full Version : NBA forum roto league needs 4 players

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi all - want to play a 12-team roto league? I was going to keep it to regulars of the NBA forum, but now I'm opening it up to all. We have 8 players and are looking for 4 more. If you aren't interested in participating until the end, don't bother (i.e. if you are a fantasy bandwagoner who abandons their teams at the first sign of trouble, please do it elsewhere).

Here's the league address:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...gue/stnbaforum

password: spurstalk

Sign up any time. Here's the thread in the NBA forum in case you have trouble signing up (follow lakaluva's post on page 1):

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136068

The draft time is 9am (Australian time) on Monday 26th, which is 6pm Sunday (Eastern), 5pm Sunday (Central). Hope that suits everyone.

Note - it is a roto league, not h2h, and I haven't gone with the standard settings because Yahoo is far too lax about giving players multiple positions when they don't deserve them, which means that if you have G, F, and 2 utilities, positions become meaningless. I think it's a bit more of a challenge to effectively have to build 2 starting 5s, and that's why I added a bench of four, which also makes the free agent market slimmer and more challenging. Hope no-one objects to those changes too much - if you do we can debate it in this thread. On vetoing trades, popular vote decides. I will use my commissioner powers as little as possible - the only thing I would block would be lopsided trades from a team out of the playoff race to aid a team in the running, as that is against the spirit of the game.

PS Please make your team name your ST handle so that we can easily identify each other for smack talk and such!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-20-2009, 05:54 PM
3 spots left.

The Great Fantastic
10-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm in.

Drewlius
10-20-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm in

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-20-2009, 08:25 PM
It's full now. Thanks for joining. :)