PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge says he will beat Oct. 31 deadline to sign extension with Blazers

tlongII
10-19-2009, 09:13 PM
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2009/10/lamarcus_aldridge_says_he_will.html

http://media.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/photo/lamarcus-tatsjpg-13111e5f557039ed.jpg

Forward LaMarcus Aldridge on Monday said he thinks he will beat the Oct. 31 deadline to sign a contract extension with the Trail Blazers.

“I can’t say when, but I know it will get done,’’ Aldridge said after Monday’s practice. “I think both parties are really trying to get it done now. My agent (Arn Tellem) said they have been talking everyday, so that’s good.’’

Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard declined to comment on the negotiations on Monday.

Aldridge is in the fourth and final year of his rookie contract. He is eligible to sign a one-to-five year extension, but must do so before Oct. 31. If the two sides don’t beat the deadline, he will become a restricted free agent on July 1. The Blazers, however, will have the right to match any offer.

Aldridge, who missed Sunday’s exhibition with a bruised shin, said he will play in Tuesday’s preseason game against Utah.

Fernandez has a first: Blazers guard Rudy Fernandez, who has missed the last two preseason games with back spasms, underwent an acupuncture treatment on Monday.

Fernandez said it was the first time he has ever had the pin-pricking treatment, and he proudly showed a band-aid on his ear, showing where one of the pins was inserted into his body.

“They put them in my back, legs, ankles, hands,’’’ Fernandez said of the pins. “I’m OK. Feeling better. For sure, I want to play. But it’s better in the preseason to rest, because the regular season, it is long.’’

Fernandez said it is up to McMillan whether he plays in the final two preseason games.

Other bumps and bruises: Both Blazers centers – Greg Oden and Joel Przybilla – did not practice Monday. Oden has a bruised adductor (inner thigh) and Przybilla has a sore back.

Przybilla said he will play Tuesday against the Jazz. He said the soreness is nothing new – he has been experiencing chronic back pain since Shaquille O’Neal – then with the Miami Heat – bowled him over, then fell on top of him last season.

Coach Nate McMillan said Oden will be a game-time decision.

Also, guard Jerryd Bayless rolled his left ankle and was held out of practice.

New slogan: Pritchard has always taken pride in developing a slogan that the team adopts for each season. Last season, for example, the team wore practice T-shirts that said 15+16=committed, which meant 15 guys on the roster, plus 16 playoff games (the number of playoff wins required to win an NBA title) equals commitment.

On Tuesday, a few of the players unveiled the new T-shirt slogan: T.E.A.M.

The shirts are black, with the Blazers pinwheel on the front. On the back, in gold writing, states:
Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

TDMVPDPOY
10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
wonder whats his askin price? 10m a season or more?

Chieflion
10-19-2009, 10:55 PM
wonder whats his askin price? 10m a season or more?
The max is 12 million or about there. It would be nice if he could command 10 million per year to make up 50 million.

TDMVPDPOY
10-19-2009, 11:22 PM
The max is 12 million or about there. It would be nice if he could command 10 million per year to make up 50 million.

thats what most teams are offerring anyway to their players once of the rookie scale contracts....

his not a max contract type player anyway, not atm...same with all the players on the blazers....

i think he should take a short deal say 30/3 years and see how he goes b4 commanding a max....

iggypop123
10-19-2009, 11:41 PM
the more he played the worse his demands got so he had to sign

KidCongo
10-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Damn LMA getting some ink done.

Lars
10-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Non issue

angelbelow
10-20-2009, 02:27 AM
i hope he takes up the maximum allowed amount.