PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered NBA League Pass Broadlband..

mfanatic
10-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Sup guys, just ordered NBA League Online, can anyone who has had it before tell me some information about it. Thanks guys!

completely deck
10-20-2009, 07:34 PM
What do you need to know? You just turn it on and watch.

mfanatic
10-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Are there lags?
How is quality?
Can I go anywhere and use it on my computer?

completely deck
10-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Lag is usually based on your connection speed, but from the experience I've had with it, the lag was zero. never had a problem with it.

Quality was as good as you'd see it on tv.

I'm not sure I get your last question, but I think you meant if you're anywhere in the world can you use it, and I cannot answer that question because I've only used it locally.

VI_Massive
10-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Worst experience I've had with it is that you can't watch the nationally televised games with it -- anything on NBA TV, TNT, ABC, ESPN, etc. All it involved for me was paying another $4 a month to add NBA TV to my cable package but if you don't have cable/satellite it could be a pain.

urunobili
10-20-2009, 11:45 PM
just ordered the regular one on DirecTV...

braeden0613
10-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Lag is usually based on your connection speed, but from the experience I've had with it, the lag was zero. never had a problem with it.

Quality was as good as you'd see it on tv.

I'm not sure I get your last question, but I think you meant if you're anywhere in the world can you use it, and I cannot answer that question because I've only used it locally.
It senses your IP address so I assume if you go out of the country it would stop working. I know I could watch Spurs games out here in College Station, but then when I went home to SA they were blacked out.

Fdawg07
10-21-2009, 01:27 AM
im currently in college station and my internet is running at a speed of .8 mbs...it says the minimum is 1mb...does anyone know if itll still be worth getting it? do you think mine will lag? i need to watch spurs games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdev82
10-21-2009, 01:48 AM
just ordered the regular one on TWC, supposed to have LPB free, but cant activate, nba's server for activation is convienently down

Spurs Brazil
10-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Yesterday I ordered the ILP.
I hope it works well

MaNuMaNiAc
10-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Suppose I wanted to split the cost of League Pass Broadband with a friend. Could we both watch the game at the same time on different IP's?

phxspurfan
10-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Suppose I wanted to split the cost of League Pass Broadband with a friend. Could we both watch the game at the same time on different IP's?

Doubt it...

phxspurfan
10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
I can't order until Nov 3 but I had it last year and LP the year before and it has gotten decent. The online streams have a new interface and apparently you can watch games from earlier in the season from the archive. Not that I would do that but it's an interesting feature.

mexpurs21
10-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Last year i bought International League Pass for the playoffs but could not watch any game it was always laggy.

But it was probably because i have a connection with 1 MB of download
Do any of you guys think that 2 MB of download would work to watch ILP?

Also, is there a big difference between Standard Definition and High Quality??

THANKS GUYS

VI_Massive
10-21-2009, 08:53 PM

I'm not certain it would work, but I've tried logging in on two different computers with the same user name and it has worked. When I tried this however, both my friend and I were on computers in the same office, so maybe there was an IP similarity that allowed it, or maybe you and your friend would be OK. I'm not sure, but based on our little experiment, I think its possible. Although the NBA may have improved their technology to prevent this.

VI_Massive
10-21-2009, 08:54 PM
just ordered the regular one on TWC, supposed to have LPB free, but cant activate, nba's server for activation is convienently down

I bought LP on TWC as well and when I asked them about the online package they had no idea what I was talking about. I talked to the NBA customer service and they said it might not be activated until Oct. 27th and to contact TWC then and ask them for a supervisor if the person with whom I speak initially can't help me.

NASpurs
10-21-2009, 09:11 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136133

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136736

spursncowboys
10-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Does it work on Linux?