PDA

View Full Version : Ramirez showered instead of watching 9th

ducks
10-20-2009, 08:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=ArMFg2XPgX.m.isZzapbYl8RvLYF?slug=jp-mannyshower102009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
one sorry sob

ducks
10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
“The way it turned out,” Torre said, “it probably doesn’t look good.”

You think? Randy Wolf(notes), the Dodgers’ starter, made it back to the bench after getting pulled in the sixth inning. Other Dodgers waited there to join in the celebration. It wasn’t too much to ask. Not even close. And yet even the littlest thing with Manny turns into an ordeal. Boston got it right. The Red Sox got sick of Ramirez’s selfishness and shipped him off.

The Dodgers are stuck with Ramirez, their $20 million diva. He undoubtedly will not exercise the opt-out clause, leaving the Dodgers on the hook for another year. And you know what it feels like?

A cold shower.

JamStone
10-21-2009, 01:09 AM
So what?

TheMACHINE
10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Ducks obessesed with Ramirez?

MajorMike
10-21-2009, 11:51 AM
He had some poo on his finger; he had to do something.

chode_regulator
10-21-2009, 12:47 PM
So what?

Exactly. Anyone other than Manny and this wouldnt even be a story. From what Torre says he does this quite often.

resistanze
10-21-2009, 01:03 PM
2004 World Series MVP

ducks
10-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Exactly. Anyone other than Manny and this wouldnt even be a story. From what Torre says he does this quite often.

what other baseball player would do it

ducks
10-21-2009, 02:23 PM
So what?

you should stay and cheer on your teamates
that is what players do
unless you are to good for that?
only excuse he has to leave is a family emergency and in that case he should not played all game

lefty
10-21-2009, 02:48 PM
2004 World Series MVP
On steroids?

dirk4mvp
10-21-2009, 02:59 PM
On steroids?

You're a Yankee fan talking about steroids? :lol

dirk4mvp
10-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Ducks obessesed with Ramirez?

It's long documented that ducks has voodoo dolls of Manny, LeBron, and Jay Cutler in his room.

IronMexican
10-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Eh, who cares. Manny's been pissing me off with his play, but this doesn't bother me.

gaKNOW!blee
10-21-2009, 03:18 PM
What is the point of leaving early? IMO it shows that you dont care about the outcome of the game.

I dont remember any NBA players leaving the game after they foul out...perhaps im wrong tho.

JamStone
10-21-2009, 03:32 PM
If the Dodgers won, it wouldn't have been a story. If it wasn't Manny, it wouldn't have been a story. I don't think it's the best example of supporting your teammates and your team, but I also don't think it's much of a big deal at all. Starting pitchers leave the dugout early to go back into the clubhouse to get their post game treatment. Probably some relief pitchers as well. Look at it like that. Manny was replaced for defensive purposes and he was taking his post game shower early.

Sure it's not necessarily the best thing to do, but since when is Manny known to be the perfect teammate or the best professional? This is a case where the played out and cliche phrase "Manny being Manny" actually does apply correctly.

It's a story because detractors and journalists want to find anything they can to shed bad light on a guy they like to bash. And fans want to bitch about anything and anyone in order to cast blame for the loss.

Man, you can criticize a hell of a lot of things about Manny, but bashing him for this seems more like a stretch and just doing it for the sake of bashing him.

chode_regulator
10-21-2009, 04:43 PM
what other baseball player would do it

not sure. dont really care eitehr. i bet most of the time when it happens no one notices.
see post above mine for someone who bothered to actually right out what i was pretty much thinking but didnt really care to.

its a non issue.

EricB
10-27-2009, 12:23 AM
What other players do it?

Try 95% of the damn players you fucking retarded halfwit.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-27-2009, 01:05 AM
You're a Yankee fan talking about steroids? :lol

:lmao lefty's a Yankees fan :lmao

The Yankees/Spurs fans on this site crack me up.

EricB
10-27-2009, 02:31 AM
who are spurs fans supposed to root for from SA?

That home grown MLB team?

Eh?

ducks
10-27-2009, 08:29 AM
What other players do it?

Try 95% of the damn players you fucking retarded halfwit.

in the playoffs?
name one other then a pitcher and most pitchers when they are done showering they come and watch the outcome of the game