PDA

View Full Version : Question about firearms and people

Cant_Be_Faded
10-20-2009, 10:13 PM
I have a question for the spurstalk community.

Do you think it's ever okay to point a loaded firearm at a human being without an intent to use the firearm? In other words, is it ever justified to point a loaded gun at another living person, then pull it away and say, "Just a joke, don't worry I'd never shoot you"?

Recently had a debate over this.

My position is rule number 1 about guns is don't point them at people unless you intend to use it.

The other side was saying it's funny that someone would get mad at a loaded firearm pointed at them, when they know theres no chance the holder of the firearm would ever shoot the person being aimed at.

What is yalls opinion?
Provide justification via logic where needed.

mookie2001
10-20-2009, 10:15 PM
never, never, never, like shaking a baby

cornbread
10-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Sounds like your friend is an idiot.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Sounds like your friend is an idiot.

This

tlongII
10-20-2009, 10:20 PM
That is never okay. In fact, it's probably a crime. You need new friends.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
10-20-2009, 10:25 PM
No way, way too risky and these days you never know peoples intentions.

Spurminator
10-20-2009, 10:26 PM
I always think it's best not to needlessly put yourself in a situation where an accident can kill someone. I like to set all variables as far from "potentially fatal" as possible.

Blackjack
10-20-2009, 11:05 PM
My position is rule number 1 about guns is don't point them at people unless you intend to use it.

Good position. :tu

The other side was saying it's funny that someone would get mad at a loaded firearm pointed at them, when they know theres no chance the holder of the firearm would ever shoot the person being aimed at.

Those people would be morons and the type of people that have unintended, and sometimes fatal, incidents.

Anyone who pulls that kind of garbage deserves to be whipped with said pistol and/or shot in protest...

phyzik
10-20-2009, 11:10 PM
If you point a gun at someone, you first better have a dammed good fucking reason and second, you better be willing to pull the trigger.

I think the stigma of fire-arms is the use of them in wars... be they gang, military or militant wars. Guns are not the problem, they are just a tool. A deadly tool, for sure, but still just a tool just like a hammer or a saw.

Its people as a whole that make them so deadly.

Look at today..... Swords are, for the most part, collector items... yet not too long ago they where considered the staple weapon of warfare.

bottom line, I wish there was a way to moderate who gets the guns.... unfortunately thats not possible. Those idiots that are voting to make ANY type of firearm illegal are delusional. When and if that happens the only people that will have access to those weapons are the very criminals we are trying to limit their access to.

CubanMustGo
10-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Your position is the proper one. If one does something that stupid one should not be surprised when the other mofo whips out his loaded revolver and does shoot.

monosylab1k
10-20-2009, 11:23 PM
don't do it

krotvejfBvQ

BlackSwordsMan
10-20-2009, 11:32 PM
if your friend needed to debate having a loaded gun pointed at him is just for fun you need new friends

thispego
10-20-2009, 11:38 PM
lol, y'all pussies

Udokafan05
10-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Unless your trying bullet catch.

The Reckoning
10-21-2009, 12:32 AM
lol, y'all pussies

pego pistola?

xellos88330
10-21-2009, 12:42 AM
I don't like guns being pointed at me. Not a good feeling at all. All it takes is a sneeze.

baseline bum
10-21-2009, 01:13 AM
The answer to this one is obvious: of course guns aren't toys, and should be treated with respect and caution.

balli
10-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Obviously, you should never point loaded guns at people. At the same time, I've been around some overly-zealous gun safety douches and that shit's annoying.

Wild Cobra
10-21-2009, 05:10 AM
If you point a gun at someone, you first better have a dammed good fucking reason and second, you better be willing to pull the trigger.

No kidding.

If I have mine with me, and someone does that to me, they're dead!

The hand is faster than the eye, and I will shoot in self defense!

Heath Ledger
10-21-2009, 06:11 AM
I had a friend in High School who was playing around like this and the gun went off and he killed his best friend. He spent a few years in the juvenile justice system at a school for boys, but man did the guilt mess this kid up. He turned out all right though.

DieMrBond
10-21-2009, 06:33 AM

How anyone could find that funny, or even use that as an 'excuse' is beyond me... Does your friend have three names?

AussieFanKurt
10-21-2009, 07:19 AM
We dont have this problem is Australia

ginobili's bald spot
10-21-2009, 07:51 AM
I had a friend in High School who was playing around like this and the gun went off and he killed his best friend.

+1

Except it was elementary school and a BB gun. And he didn't die obviously... He's just had a crossed eye ever since.

BacktoBasics
10-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Exactly why the general public shouldn't handle firearms without a series of classes (6 months), longer wait periods (same 6 months) and regular re-testing and certifications(every 2 years).

You don't point a fucking gun at someone.

I. Hustle
10-21-2009, 08:21 AM
http://www.i-mockery.com/winky/arms-on-fire.jpg

LnGrrrR
10-21-2009, 08:37 AM

Do you think it's ever okay to point a loaded firearm at a human being without an intent to use the firearm? In other words, is it ever justified to point a loaded gun at another living person, then pull it away and say, "Just a joke, don't worry I'd never shoot you"?

What is yalls opinion?

Your friend is an absolute retard. I can't count how many accidents I've read about where people were "playing around". If he wants to point a loaded gun at someone for kicks, let him do it to himself.

DarkReign
10-21-2009, 09:19 AM
The answer lies not in what rationale your "friend" stands on while pointing the loaded gun at you or someone else, but in your "friends" level of consciousness after he lowers the weapon.

101A
10-21-2009, 09:21 AM

What is yalls opinion?

No. Never.

Loaded guns are far killing/destroying what they are pointed at. You don't point ANY real gun at a person - even if you THINK it is not loaded, unless you intend to kill that person. Accidents happen, trauma happens; don't need an example; don't do it.

Kermit
10-21-2009, 09:47 AM
stop hanging out with tyrell gatewood dude.

mrsmaalox
10-21-2009, 10:28 AM
My kids have all been raised to never point any gun directly at anyone--even toy guns and paintball/airsoft guns if they aren't in a game in full blown battle rattle. My dad always taught us that the most dangerous kind of gun is an "unloaded" gun.

SAGambler
10-21-2009, 12:20 PM

What is yalls opinion?

Rule number 1.....Always and forever.

Wonder how "funny" those others would find it if that firearm accidentally discharged while if was being pointed at them? Or maybe they just never heard the "gun just went off" excuse before. Stupid people should be allowed to live anyway I guess.

Mavs_man_41
10-21-2009, 12:46 PM
If you pull a gun on me just joking im gonna laugh it off nervously and say "cmon put that thing down man" until you put it away then i will proceed to beat the everliving shit out of you, i dont care who you are

chode_regulator
10-21-2009, 01:01 PM
even if you THINK it is not loaded,

What if you KNOW it's not loaded?

I won't lie, I've done it, I've had people do it to me. I've even had a 240D pointed at me before, unloaded of course.

Smart. Hell no, but it happened.

of course the number one rule is and should always be " never point a weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot"

thispego
10-21-2009, 01:18 PM
lol, yall all must have just taken gun saftey 101

thispego
10-21-2009, 01:18 PM
voice of reason

thanks chode reg for regulating these chodes

chode_regulator
10-21-2009, 04:22 PM
voice of reason

thanks chode reg for regulating these chodes

haha not trying to regulate. just saying ive done it many times. i got a good laugh, so did everyone else. i guess maybe it depends on who you are around. if i was at CBF's house i wouldnt do it but that's because i know where he stands on it.

thispego
10-21-2009, 04:30 PM
yeah you do now
i thought he wanted me to point the gun at him

thispego
10-21-2009, 04:30 PM
rofl

chode_regulator
10-21-2009, 04:39 PM
yeah you do now
i thought he wanted me to point the gun at him

really i can only htink of one person who would find that funny that i'm friends with here. that would have been mookie who is also the one i figured pointed the gun.
it was you? thats even funnier...:rollin

thispego
10-21-2009, 04:46 PM
well the only part that was funny is that he didn't remember it happening and that he was the one who was all like "shoot me breh, shoot me." He was wasted. :drunk

chode_regulator
10-21-2009, 04:48 PM
well the only part that was funny is that he didn't remember it happening and that he was the one who was all like "shoot me breh, shoot me." He was wasted. :drunk

:lmao

THAT is hilarious. Was it only a .22 or 9? Everyone knows those can't hurt you. :blah :rolleyes

atxrocker
10-21-2009, 04:50 PM
he was the one who was all like "shoot me breh, shoot me." He was wasted. :drunk

thispego
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM

THAT is hilarious. Was it only a .22 or 9? Everyone knows those can't hurt you. :blah :rolleyes

lol, i dont know, .38? its mookies gun

baseline bum
10-21-2009, 06:48 PM
People who are irresponsible with guns just give the opponents of the second amendment more ammo (I know, bad pun) to go after our rights every time some poor kid gets capped by his friend / brother / cousin / etc due to treating them like toys.

760Spursfan
10-21-2009, 06:59 PM
My half sisters cousin was killed by his little brother who was playing with a gun and it completely screwed him up. I think he was 12 at the time and his bro as 14 or 15. Pretty sad.

chode_regulator
10-21-2009, 09:11 PM
lol, i dont know, .38? its mookies gun

40 I think. Was being facetious though as a lot of people bitch about how 9's and 22's are useless.

760 that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I'm not really advocating doing it or anything but it does happen. Loaded ornot though unless you pull the trigger nothing will happen.

thispego
10-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Loaded ornot though unless you pull the trigger nothing will happen.

CROFL :lmao exactly

thispego
10-21-2009, 09:22 PM
this guy is good!

Cant_Be_Faded
10-22-2009, 12:32 AM
sad