PDA

View Full Version : Meteor shower tonight...

Phenomanul
10-20-2009, 11:45 PM
late notice... but if you're up... the Orionids are out there.. :toast

phyzik
10-20-2009, 11:50 PM
what time? right now?

Going outside for a smoke...

BlackSwordsMan
10-20-2009, 11:55 PM
watch it with me?

Alex Jones
10-21-2009, 12:21 AM
As you enjoy the show keep in mind the life span of comets and meteorites and remember your looking at proof the earth is not 4 Billion years old.

xellos88330
10-21-2009, 12:36 AM
As you enjoy the show keep in mind the life span of comets and meteorites and remember your looking at proof the earth is not 4 Billion years old.

:lmao

baseline bum
10-21-2009, 01:10 AM

Attention whore forum

Alex Jones
10-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Attention whore forum

What forum here at ST can you post in and not get attention?

Your Atheist ass is just upset since its still stinging from the Alternative design boot mouse stuck in your Darwin loving ass in the politics forum.

Comets All through our solar system we have what is called short period comets. They come around, like Haley’s [sic] comet; they come around every once in a while. They can predict how often they will be here. 76 years, I think for Haley’s [sic] Comet. Well, short period comets are constantly losing material as the solar wind blows the tail off of them. They have a life span of less than 10,000 years. So why do we still have comets in the solar system? They prove the solar system is not billions of years old. Now, the evolutionists have said well maybe there is (some guy name Ort [sic] ), said maybe there is a cloud out there that is producing comets and sending them in once in awhile and when a passing star comes by, it disrupts them and knocks comets into our solar system. Well nobody has ever seen that happen once. So that is religion, that is what they believe. Nobody has ever seen the Ort [sic] cloud, for that matter. It is all theory!

xellos88330
10-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Its fuckin raining and I cant see shit.

Alex Jones
10-21-2009, 02:34 AM
Its fuckin raining and I cant see shit.

http://www.examiner.com/x-8683-San-Jose-Tea-Examiner~y2009m10d20-Bring-along-a-tea-party-as-you-watch-the-Orionid-meteor-shower-tonight

baseline bum
10-21-2009, 04:24 AM

Your Atheist ass is just upset since its still stinging from the Alternative design boot mouse stuck in your Darwin loving ass in the politics forum.

Comets All through our solar system we have what is called short period comets. They come around, like Haley’s [sic] comet; they come around every once in a while. They can predict how often they will be here. 76 years, I think for Haley’s [sic] Comet. Well, short period comets are constantly losing material as the solar wind blows the tail off of them. They have a life span of less than 10,000 years. So why do we still have comets in the solar system? They prove the solar system is not billions of years old. Now, the evolutionists have said well maybe there is (some guy name Ort [sic] ), said maybe there is a cloud out there that is producing comets and sending them in once in awhile and when a passing star comes by, it disrupts them and knocks comets into our solar system. Well nobody has ever seen that happen once. So that is religion, that is what they believe. Nobody has ever seen the Ort [sic] cloud, for that matter. It is all theory!

LOL. Your anti-intellectual retard ass is getting murdered in that thread. You should stick with your 9-11 conspiracies as they're not quite as stupid your equating all of sciences with faith and speculation.

Wild Cobra
10-21-2009, 05:07 AM
I haven't enjoyed a good meteor shower in about 30 years. The only way to really get the full effect is on a clear night and at least 40 miles away from a city.

My God the Milky Way is beautiful when you can see it unobstructed with light pollution! See all the meteors also, not just the bigger ones.

Isn't tonight's because of a comet trail?

Cry Havoc
10-21-2009, 11:40 AM

:lmao

sabar
10-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I haven't enjoyed a good meteor shower in about 30 years. The only way to really get the full effect is on a clear night and at least 40 miles away from a city.

My God the Milky Way is beautiful when you can see it unobstructed with light pollution! See all the meteors also, not just the bigger ones.

Isn't tonight's because of a comet trail?

There is so much light pollution in NW San Antonio that you can't see crap on any night. Occasionally you can see the few brightest stars, but usually nothing. Doesn't help that overcast nights are really common too. I've never seen the Milky Way :lol

ploto
10-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Watched a meteor shower in the middle of the night in Big Bend National Park a few years ago. One of the coolest things I have ever seen!!

IronMexican
10-21-2009, 06:34 PM
LOL. Your anti-intellectual retard ass is getting murdered in that thread. You should stick with your 9-11 conspiracies as they're not quite as stupid your equating all of sciences with faith and speculation.

I'm pretty sure you know this but, you know you are talking to mouse, right?