PDA

View Full Version : where was MAHINMI tonight?

sanjingsho
10-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Don't tell me he was been get fired,i'am he's fans,oh!no!

TDMVPDPOY
10-21-2009, 01:49 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/joshuapentel/gwar.gif

someone should tell the messiah we been waiting for 2yrs now and hasnt done much to warrant a spot on this roster....If he cant even outplay the veterans on this team like ratliff, mcdyness or even rookie blair or the crap bonner brings, then it looks like his out of the building

Darkwaters
10-21-2009, 01:50 AM
False Messiah.

Blair has arrived now.

xellos88330
10-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Ian is really starting to get on my nerves. He has the tools, but he just has no idea how to use them.

WAKE THE FUCK UP IAN!!!

symple19
10-21-2009, 03:25 AM
Ian sucks. Let him go

Riverwalkman
10-21-2009, 03:37 AM
He was definitely on the bench, watching rookie Blair's highlight performances, that's kinda bitter feeling, I suppose.

TDMVPDPOY
10-21-2009, 03:37 AM
maybe the spurs should sign that troll in the pic i posted, at least he has more game at beating the messiah mahinmi

bigbendbruisebrother
10-21-2009, 07:01 AM
FWIW, I take Pop's decision to not play him as a sign that he is a lock to remain on the team and that Pop is trying to decide who to cut.

BronxCowboy
10-21-2009, 07:07 AM
FWIW, I take Pop's decision to not play him as a sign that he is a lock to remain on the team and that Pop is trying to decide who to cut.

Along those lines, how do you interpret the benching of M. Williams?

Bukefal
10-21-2009, 07:24 AM
We dont need Ian, he should go

Spursmania
10-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Pops is letting Jerrells go next.

dbestpro
10-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Ian is really starting to get on my nerves. He has the tools, but he just has no idea how to use them.

WAKE THE FUCK UP IAN!!!

Damn, Ian gets called out for his play last night and he didn't even get into the game. That's rich.:wakeup

buttsR4rebounding
10-21-2009, 12:53 PM

Better break open that Rosetta Stone program again...

Darkwaters
10-21-2009, 12:57 PM

I'm sorry, but your response make me laugh pretty hard.

Interrohater
10-21-2009, 01:06 PM
:lmao

Spur|n|Austin
10-21-2009, 01:25 PM
It's time to save time and money and let him loose.

spurtilldeath
10-21-2009, 01:30 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

EricB
10-21-2009, 01:34 PM
save time and money?

Who are you gonna play instead?

Please, Mahinmi has been fine in the minutes given this preseason so far.

You guys as usual are overreacting...

wildbill2u
10-21-2009, 01:41 PM
I think Mahinmi is goin to make the team simply because of his contract. But he isn't gonna get many minutes--as you can see from the rotation of big men so far.

Marcus Bryant
10-21-2009, 01:57 PM
...or the Spurs could drop Haislip and realize more immediate cap savings. I'm still not sure why Spurs fans are ready to see Mahinmi, who hadn't played in about a year up until the summer leagues, run out. Then again, Spurs fans wanted to drop TP for Beno the wonder Slovene and Manu for Giricek.

Parker2112
10-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm still not sure why Spurs fans are ready to see Mahinmi, who hadn't played in about a year up until the summer leagues,

Egg-fuggin-zactly.

Parker2112
10-21-2009, 02:33 PM
This ^^^ would make a good thread!:lol

HarlemHeat37
10-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm surprised people are still on the Haislip bandwagon..

he doesn't have any injury excuses or "rust" from injury, and he's played severely worse than Ian has so far..

he also has limited upside at his age..

you would think Haislip would be the guy getting all this negative attention instead of Ian..

like others here have said, Ian has been fine in his minutes so far..he hasn't been great, but he's shown flashes..Haislip on the other hand, has shown nothing at all, not even flashes..btw, making a shot once in a while doesn't count as showing flashes, and that's pretty much all Haislip has done so far..

Mel_13
10-21-2009, 02:38 PM
...or the Spurs could drop Haislip and realize more immediate cap savings.

Unless all the reports on the status of Haislip's contract are wrong, cutting Haislip or Ian results in the exact same immediate cap savings: zero.

Mel_13
10-21-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm surprised people are still on the Haislip bandwagon..

he doesn't have any injury excuses or "rust" from injury, and he's played severely worse than Ian has so far..

he also has limited upside at his age..

you would think Haislip would be the guy getting all this negative attention instead of Ian..

like others here have said, Ian has been fine in his minutes so far..he hasn't been great, but he's shown flashes..Haislip on the other hand, has shown nothing at all, not even flashes..btw, making a shot once in a while doesn't count as showing flashes, and that's pretty much all Haislip has done so far..

Completely agree, the only difference is that the decision on Ian's option for next year must be made in 10 days and the decision on Haislip's contract for next year does not need to be made until next summer.

Bruno
10-21-2009, 02:59 PM
The most likely reason why Ian has been DNP-CD yesterday is that Spurs have given up on him. They won't pick his option and he will spend the year in the doghouse or be traded to save some luxury tax money.

You can always imagine other scenarios like Pop wanting to see more of Ratliff and Haislip but these aren't the most likely ones.

Manufan909
10-21-2009, 03:08 PM
The most likely reason why Ian has been DNP-CD yesterday is that Spurs have given up on him. They won't pick his option and he will spend the year in the doghouse or be traded to save some luxury tax money.

You can always imagine other scenarios like Pop wanting to see more of Ratliff and Haislip but these aren't the most likely ones.

What's the reasoning for MW then? I hope it means he'll be cut. I want Hairston over Williams, and Blair over Ian. I had a fucking nightmare that MH was cut instead of Marcus "mediocre at 2 positions" Williams. Thank god I woke up.:p:

ElNono
10-21-2009, 03:12 PM

Maybe Pop didn't want Ian to foul out in 7 minutes...

Mel_13
10-21-2009, 03:16 PM

You're probably right, but I hope you're wrong.

Bruno
10-21-2009, 03:19 PM
You're probably right, but I hope you're wrong.

I also hope I'm wrong.

SpurNation
10-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Hopefully not getting down on himself and being mentally persistent at becoming better.

Xevious
10-21-2009, 03:44 PM
I don't think we'll be seeing much of Ian this year. It's starting to look like Duncan/Bonner will start with Mcdyess/Blair coming off the bench, Ratliff will pick up a few minutes here and there depending on the need.

Parker2112
10-21-2009, 03:48 PM

I would think it more likely that they have given up on him in the short term. I could be wrong, cuz Pop's opinion is shurely forged in practice where we can't sit in, but I don't see how the organization would demand that he be a polished gem after the season long injury last year.

I could see them getting impatient, but given up is a harsh statement.

Parker2112
10-21-2009, 03:56 PM
I don't think we'll be seeing much of Ian this year. It's starting to look like Duncan/Bonner will start with Mcdyess/Blair coming off the bench, Ratliff will pick up a few minutes here and there depending on the need.

This is the best summary of the front court situation I've seen yet.:toast

TIMMYD!
10-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Trade his ass!

bluebellmaniac
10-21-2009, 04:09 PM

I have to agree, it doesn't look good. Seems to me though that since there will be no luxury tax savings this year on Ian regardless of what happens, the team should pick up his option for next year. Even if he is in the dog house for this whole season, he can easily be traded during next summer given the cheapness of his contract. I would think several teams would take a chance on a 23 yr old, 6' 11", very athletic big man. If he continues to develop this year and things change, at least we already have him under contract.

venitian navigator
10-21-2009, 04:19 PM
imho ther's no sense in not picking up the option...his contract is in any case a bargain.
Cheap contract for a young guy with skills... I think that any team would take it!
Better "develop" a player with a cheap contract and for the years after the warrantyes of the nba rules than make a free agent...
However, it's really too soon to give up on him...

spurtilldeath
10-21-2009, 04:36 PM
What are the chances of him playing with the toros while spurs pick up his tab for next year and see how he develops. If he is good, they could always get him back to SA. Tell me if I'm wrong

barbacoataco
10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
There are 2 reasons why I think the Spurs need Mahinmi and Haislip on the 15 man roster.
1- Ratliff has not played anywhere close to a full season in years. Judging on the past several seasons, he is good for 40-50 games max.
2- Pop has said that Duncan and/or McDyess will be sitting out some b2b's.

For these reasons I see Haislip and Mahinmi making the roster, but spending a fair amount of time on the IR.

bigfan
10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Trade him heads up for Elson or Nazi.

spurtilldeath
10-21-2009, 04:57 PM
There are 2 reasons why I think the Spurs need Mahinmi and Haislip on the 15 man roster.
1- Ratliff has not played anywhere close to a full season in years. Judging on the past several seasons, he is good for 40-50 games max.

For these reasons I see Haislip and Mahinmi making the roster, but spending a fair amount of time on the IR.

I think that makes sense and I could see that happening.

mountainballer
10-21-2009, 05:35 PM

Spurs currently have 7 bigs.
the big rotation will be 4 players, the 5th man doesn't play more than 10 MPG AND will see DNP-CDs in at least every 3rd game.
ad 1: Ratliff will be this 5th man, you can't further reduce his workload without risking to not keep him in game shape and lose chemistry with the team.
ad 2: Pop won't sit both. if one of the two in fact will sit, players 2-5 will compensate for that.
a team might take the luxury of a 6th big, to be prepared for injuries or for practice.
a 7th big is absurd. you don't need Ian AND Haislip. and believe me, if we need both to survive the season, Spurs would be in much worse shape than most believe.
Spurs won't waive either of them, because of their guaranteed contract. but I'm pretty sure they will try to get rid of at least one of them, be it a 2 for 1 trade, or a trade for a TE.

Agloco
10-21-2009, 05:54 PM

Damm Bruno....

You're right unfortunately. Talk about a dose of reality. I'd rather you'd peed on my back and told me it was raining......:depressed

Scola
10-21-2009, 06:05 PM
I've pretty much given all hope of ever seeing Mahimi contribute to the team. I've lowered my expectations so I won't be disappointed. :\

PDXSpursFan
10-21-2009, 06:06 PM
the most likely reason why ian has been dnp-cd yesterday is that spurs have given up on him. They won't pick his option and he will spend the year in the doghouse or be traded to save some luxury tax money.

You can always imagine other scenarios like pop wanting to see more of ratliff and haislip but these aren't the most likely ones.

+1

BronxCowboy
10-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Just a thought... if the Mavs were able to get a 2012 secound-rounder for Nathan frickin' Jawai, what do you think the Spurs could get for Mahinmi? What about Haislip?

mountainballer
10-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Just a thought... if the Mavs were able to get a 2012 secound-rounder for Nathan frickin' Jawai, what do you think the Spurs could get for Mahinmi? What about Haislip?

the pick is somewhat like top 55 protected, this was just symbolic, because they needed to send back something.
(much like the protected 2nd round pick we got for Beno from the Wolves)
and Haislip can't be dealt before December 15th.
for him Spurs get: absolutely nothing.
(more likely they will need to include money to cover the whole salary to get a TE from another team. otherwise they need to take back the Haislip of the other team)

Mel_13
10-22-2009, 10:48 AM
the pick is somewhat like top 55 protected, this was just symbolic, because they needed to send back something.
(much like the protected 2nd round pick we got for Beno from the Wolves)
and Haislip can't be dealt before December 15th.
for him Spurs get: absolutely nothing.
(more likely they will need to include money to cover the whole salary to get a TE from another team. otherwise they need to take back the Haislip of the other team)
:lol

I'll trade you my Haislip for your Haislip:lol

TDMVPDPOY
10-22-2009, 10:52 AM
mahinmi in english dictionary definition is BUSTS

Darkwaters
10-22-2009, 11:42 AM

1-2 second rounders by himself. Nothing more.

Now he could be included in a package with a player like Finley for a reasonably good player. That might be a desirable package for a developing team. You get an expiring contract (Finley) that would also give you some vet leadership for a season and then a young big that you can look at throughout the year but will come off the books shortly if he continues to underwhelm.

Darkwaters
10-22-2009, 11:43 AM
What are the chances of him playing with the toros while spurs pick up his tab for next year and see how he develops. If he is good, they could always get him back to SA. Tell me if I'm wrong

No can do. A player can only be assigned to the D-League during his first two seasons in the league. And yes, last year does count even though he was injured all season.