PDA

View Full Version : Bradford to adress future tomorrow

IronMexican
10-21-2009, 01:55 AM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/20/bradford-to-address-nfl-future-tomorrow/

Think he's gonna shut it down and just wait for the draft?

The Reckoning
10-21-2009, 02:32 AM
he still has a year left. my bet is that he stays.

bugoy
10-21-2009, 02:49 AM
best thing for him to do is play football and finish school and then enter the draft, no reason to leave early with the possibility of ending up like graham harrell, he might as well soak up the best days of his life and all the glory with it, if more football days come afterwards then good for him, if not its time to move on

The Reckoning
10-21-2009, 03:03 AM
if he heals, he'll be a damn good prospect.

imo he has more nfl potential than harrell and mccoy combined...

symple19
10-21-2009, 03:32 AM
he still has a year left. my bet is that he stays.

this

J.T.
10-21-2009, 03:33 AM
imo he has more nfl potential than harrell and mccoy combined...

yeah his durability this season has probably impressed the fuck out of nfl scouts

redraiderinfiji
10-21-2009, 06:34 AM
he is gone....goodbye indian man

MajorMike
10-21-2009, 08:59 AM
I think he shuts it down, gets a little 'fix-er-up' surgery and enters draft. He just doesn't have anything to prove and has seen the REAL effects it cuold have on his future. Enough chivalry, he's had enough. He gave back to the school once by coming back, and a 2nd time by trying to return to the field.

He leaves to become the highest native American ever drafted in the NFL and its biggest splash on the sport since the 1st NFL Pres/greatest athelete ever/fellow Okie Jim Thorpe. He ends up not being as good as Thorpe, however, and is relegated to life as the punching bag for the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Trainwreck2100
10-21-2009, 09:10 AM
for sure he's shutting it down? I think he better served waiting a year there is no way he's taken above Tebow and he could possibly be the #1 pick in '11.

IronMexican
10-21-2009, 12:06 PM
No way taken above Tebow? Clausen and Locker are his competition to get taken above him. I think Bradford would have to look pretty bad in the combine for Tebow to get drafted above him.

chode_regulator
10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
there is no way he's taken above Tebow

:lmao

Only way Teblow goes in first round is if jville drafts him as a publicity stunt, which their owner has been talking about doing.
Teblow might not even go second round. I hope that guy doesn't even get drafted to be honest. You think he will run over NFL defensive players teh way he does in college? Doubtful. He will have to actually man up and play like a qb otherwise he won't do shit.

DBryant88
10-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Tim Tebow=Troy Smith

MajorMike
10-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Troy Smith was the 2nd coming of Jesus, too?

DBryant88
10-21-2009, 01:33 PM
No but Troy Smith was great in college but hasn't done crap in the NFL
Tebow will be the same

leemajors
10-21-2009, 02:06 PM
i hope he lets himself get healed, coming back was stupid. I wonder if any OU QB recruits think twice now.

monosylab1k
10-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Best bet is to shut it down and enter the draft this year.

Sticking around OU for another year is pretty high risk/reward. If he stays and plays great, he's back to being a top 3 pick, possibly #1 overall. If he stays and gets hurt again, he's totally screwed.

MajorMike
10-21-2009, 02:30 PM
i hope he lets himself get healed, coming back was stupid. I wonder if any OU QB recruits think twice now.

Why? I mean I hate darth visor as much as anyone, but I don't for one minute think he was pressured to get back on the field by the coaches. He is a football player and wanted to play football. I don't see it as a negative on the staff, by any means. All indications were he was ready, looked able during the BU game, and docs said him playing could not injure it further. He isn't any worse off physically than he was before he got hurt again, it is just a re-injury.

Lightning struck twice, if you will.

IronMexican
10-21-2009, 04:23 PM
ESPN just said he's likely to choose season ending shoulder surgery. I don't think it's smart for him to coem back next season. OU aren't Title contenders anyways. He's still a top 15 pick right now.

dirk4mvp
10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
ESPN just said he's likely to choose season ending shoulder surgery. I don't think it's smart for him to coem back next season. OU aren't Title contenders anyways. He's still a top 15 pick right now.

Sounds like the smart thing to do. He'll probably still be the first QB taken.

stretch
10-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Sounds like the smart thing to do. He'll probably still be the first QB taken.

agreed. as long as he lights it up in the off-season workouts and combine, he will still go really high. it explains why stafford went #1, even though he sucked balls in college

chode_regulator
10-21-2009, 04:47 PM

Seems like the prudent thing to do. If it was me I'd rather take a small hit in draft stock, if any, this year than potentialy lose it all by coming back another year.

IronMexican
10-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Seems like the prudent thing to do. If it was me I'd rather take a small hit in draft stock, if any, this year than potentialy lose it all by coming back another year.

Yeah, he'd be a 5 year Senior and that would most likely hurt his stock since he'd be like 23.

Losing McCoy, Murray and Williams wont make them contenders, even if Bradford comes back. Take the money and go to the pros.

JamStone
10-21-2009, 05:58 PM
With what he showed last year, it's still extremely likely a team will take a chance on him in the first round, early second round is probably the latest, as long as he doesn't look like a complete wreck at the combines. It will all come down to how convinced teams are that his shoulder is healed well enough and will be durable enough. Major injury and surgery didn't hurt Adrian Peterson's draft stock. I agree that he has nothing left to prove in terms of being able to play, so it's all about his health and durability. Playing another year only increases the chance of getting injured again with very little advantages.

Don't think he'd slip way late in the draft like Graham Harrell. I don't believe Harrell was ever considered a high draft pick anyway. I think Tebow could jump him, however it would require Tebow having basically a perfect season the rest of the way showing more and more improvement on his throwing mechanics and accuracy and/or Bradford just not looking right or durable at the combines.

His best move is to get that season ending surgery, declaring for the draft, and working his ass of in rehab to make sure his arm and shoulder are right by the time the personal workouts and the combines roll around.

IronMexican
10-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Wow, he postponed it. Hmmm. This is pretty interesting. Be a dumb move for him to come back next season. Try to come back and play this year, fine. Stay for next season? Dumb.

coyotes_geek
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Bradford's love for his school is commendable, but if he does anything other than get the surgery asap and declare for the draft then he's an idiot.

IronMexican
10-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Only way I see this as a good idea is if Clausen, Mallet and Locker all really do come out. Pike is a late first early second and the other 3 are probably all top 15. If all do come out, I think it would be in his best interest to possibly spend another year in school. He could probably still get picked above all of them though.