PDA

View Full Version : 1997 WCF Game 6

KidCongo
10-21-2009, 06:40 AM
It's on a ONE HD in Australia right now. Drexler looks old as but hes on fire got 13 just into the 2nd Q.

I got a feeling this is gunna come down to the wire :lol

P.S I like these Rocket jerseys better.

KidCongo
10-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Malone hits buzzer beater at the half. Rockets got the 6 point lead 49-43.

I have not seen this many post-ups in sooooo long. Dream, Charles and Malone all doing work where they do best.

AussieFanKurt
10-21-2009, 07:07 AM
Yeah i'm watching it right now too. Malone is going freeeeak

KidCongo
10-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Why do I picture Derek Fisher every time they zoom in on Elie's face?

Malone is hot right now.

MI21
10-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Ostertag monstered Hakeem that game. 16/14/3 from big Greg and those man on man blocked shots he was getting on Dream were huge. That had slipped my memory.

It was very frustrating watching Malone shoot fadeaway after fadeaway with the imposing frame he has. People give Dirk shit for shooting jumpshots, Malone was no different except he does actually have the strength to bully people but chose not to.

Stockton and Hornacek were great. Fuck I hated those guys.

(Btw, Spurs vs Blazers Game 2 WCF on Sunday, memorial day miracle. OH YEAH.)

AussieFanKurt
10-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Why'd you hate Stockton and Hornacek, they arent dirty or bad players.

Oh really?? I'm so excited for that one

KidCongo
10-21-2009, 07:39 AM
People say LeBron has Karl Malone size but Malone is just...bigger.

MI21
10-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Stockton and Hornacek (particularly Stockton) are as dirty as they get. Great players, don't get me wrong, but as a Spurs fan I seen one to many beatings by those pricks. Utah will always be my most hated team.

My greatest satisfaction as an NBA fan other than San Antonio winning 4 rings is seeing Karl Malone fail trying to piggy back his way to a ring. Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

Culburn369
10-21-2009, 07:59 AM
My greatest satisfaction as an NBA fan other than San Antonio winning 4 rings is seeing Karl Malone fail trying to piggy back his way to a ring. Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

Yer lucky, I was pretty flat earred seeing Glen Robinson piggy back successfully with you.

tee, hee.

MI21
10-21-2009, 07:59 AM
People say LeBron has Karl Malone size but Malone is just...bigger.

Agreed. He was so broad. The fact that LeBron is even near him in body size; combined with his speed and jumping is ridiculous!

Amazing how Malone didn't really use his bodyto his advantage once he lost some of his athleticism he had in his younger years. Fallaway jumpshots 80% of the time. All the way to a career with no championships :blah

AussieFanKurt
10-21-2009, 04:00 PM
I feel sorry for someone like Sir Charles though, he deserved a ring