PDA

View Full Version : Need help regarding NBA LP and broadband!

Crookshanks
10-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm moving the end of November, and I just found out TWC doesn't cover Ft. Worth. I thought I'd go with AT & T uverse, but I found out they don't offer League Pass. :bang

So, if I buy the NBA LP broadband, can I hook my computer up to my tv and watch the games that way? I can't go without watching my Spurs!!!!!

I'm not very technical - so I don't know what internet speed I'd need to get good pictures and how would I hook up the tv to the computer.

So okay guys - come to the rescue of this Spurs fan damsel in distress.

bobby4germany
10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137122

This should help.

Crookshanks
10-21-2009, 01:41 PM
I read that thread before posting this new one but it didn't give me the answers I needed. I was hoping for some more technical advice - such as what speed do I need and how to hook up the computer to the tv.

completely deck
10-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Get the fastest connection you can afford to be safe and depending on what your video card has for video out is what you can use. If your TV has HDMI you can buy a USB to HDMI connection, or if you want to be a little more extreme, a new video card with HDMI. Or if your TV doesn't have HDMI you could use, depending on your video card output, S-Video or DVI.

It all depends on what your video card has on it for outputs.

SpursFanATL
10-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Is satellite an option for you? You can get LP on DirecTV and most of the games would be in HD, if that matters to you.

Crookshanks
10-21-2009, 02:04 PM
My tv is a few years old, so it's not HD. I don't really want a dish because so many people I know that have it say it goes out every time the weather is bad. Besides, the apartment complex says you have to have a southern exposure to get a signal and my patio faces north.

So I just have to figure out what video card I have and then what connection I need to hook up the tv.

Thanks for the help!

mexpurs21
10-21-2009, 02:34 PM
My tv is a few years old, so it's not HD. I don't really want a dish because so many people I know that have it say it goes out every time the weather is bad. Besides, the apartment complex says you have to have a southern exposure to get a signal and my patio faces north.

So I just have to figure out what video card I have and then what connection I need to hook up the tv.

Thanks for the help!

If you have a TV of 10 years or younger use the S-Video
its cheap and you will find it in any electonics store

I use that cable to watch games on my screen

Crookshanks
10-21-2009, 02:46 PM
If you have a TV of 10 years or younger use the S-Video
its cheap and you will find it in any electonics store

I use that cable to watch games on my screen
Thanks - that helps a lot. The TV is only 3 years old. Now I'm just waiting to talk to my son that built my computer so he can tell me about the video card.