PDA

View Full Version : Cuban sees 'common sense' steroid use

duncan228
10-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Cuban sees 'common sense' steroid use (http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b15RW)
ESPN.com news services

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says steroids could have a legal and useful place in sports -- as long as they are administered under a doctor's supervision to help athletes recover from injuries and there's no risk of long-term health effects.

"I'm not an expert in the subject, but if we get to the point where there aren't long-term negative health impacts, why wouldn't you do it?" Cuban said, according to Pittsburgh-area media reports.

Cuban, speaking at a University of Pittsburgh forum on Tuesday, addressed the topic when asked about Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis' 10-game suspension during last season's playoffs.

Lewis, who was suspended after testing positive for elevated testosterone levels, said he had taken an over-the-counter supplement that included a banned substance.

"I'll get killed for saying this ... but I'm not so against steroids if they're administered under proper supervision and there is no long-term damage," Cuban said.

"We do performance-enhancing things all the time, just not steroids," Cuban added. "If you administer them properly and fairly and set the rules strictly, as long as in doing so we recognize there are no negative long-term health-impact issues."

"If somebody thinks it's controversial, fine. To me, it's just common sense. I'm sure I'll hear about it [today] that 'Cuban is for steroids.' "

Later, speaking with reporters, Cuban stressed he would support only the supervised use of steroids if they were proved to not have long-term health effects.

"You have to get to the point where that risk isn't there, and we're not there yet," he said.

Cuban, a Pittsburgh-area native, led his discussion at the forum by addressing a question he said he is asked every time he comes home.

"No, I'm not buying the Pittsburgh Pirates," he said. "I tried. [It's] not going to happen. We'll leave it at that."

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Yep. Still an ass-hat.

Findog
10-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Yep. Still an ass-hat.

How does that make him an "asshat?" Disagree with him with him all you want, but what is scorn-worthy of his position?

AussieFanKurt
10-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Meh, I don't care.
He's still a fuckwit
Always has been, always will be

Muser
I agree with Laka, Cubes just saying aloud what all Owners are secretly thinking.

Findog
If I'm an owner, I'm thinking just like Cuban. I don't know if there is a way to administer steroids without there being long-term health effects. You give a guy 50 mil to play for 5 years and he blows his knee in his first year, guess what, you don't really care how he regains his health. I'm sure most owners will privately agree with Cuban on this one.

I don't see what's the big deal about his comments at all. People use cortical steroids all the time to recover from illnesses. He also went on to say that as of yet he doesn't see how steroids could be reasonably guaranteed to be safely administered. What's the fucking big deal? Oh yeah, it's going to be twisted into "Cuban wants players to start taking steroids."

dirk4mvp
10-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Meh, I don't care.
He's still a fuckwit
Always has been, always will be

solid take.

Findog
10-21-2009, 04:12 PM
solid take.

That's a fucking rockstar take. I don't know where I read it, but recently some scout or rival executive said this about Cuban:

"His antics are often embarrassing, but as an owner he's off the charts. Everything you'd want as a fan."

dirk4mvp
10-21-2009, 04:15 PM
That's a fucking rockstar take. I don't know where I read it, but recently some scout or rival executive said this about Cuban:

"His antics are often embarrassing, but as an owner he's off the charts. Everything you'd want as a fan."

I don't care if someone on my favorite team's rivals says something intelligent. They're still fuckwits I tell you.

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 04:36 PM
How does that make him an "asshat?" Disagree with him with him all you want, but what is scorn-worthy of his position?

Because its completely asinine that someone has to explain to him why performance enhancing drugs such as freaking STEROIDS arent a good thing for organized sports, even if they are safe.

Im not surprised youre defending him though. Youre so completely predictable.

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't care if someone on my favorite team's rivals says something intelligent. They're still fuckwits I tell you.

I dont care if the owner of my team says something completely stupid. I'll defend him no matter what!

Dairy Queen employees ARE retards!!!!!!!

ooshmay
10-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Mark Cuban is a douche.. he shuld leave the nba. just like david stern.

Basketballgirl25
10-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm a big Mark Cuban hater, but I don't see anything wrong with what he said here. Now when he says something during or after a game. Then he is dumb

Findog
10-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Because its completely asinine that someone has to explain to him why performance enhancing drugs such as freaking STEROIDS arent a good thing for organized sports, even if they are safe.

He was discussing it in the context of using it as part of a rehab program. What's the big deal? I could care less either way.

Im not surprised youre defending him though. Youre so completely predictable.

I'm not surprised that you're kneejerked into bashing the guy anytime he opens his mouth. I'd rather have a quiet guy like Robert Sarver at the helm. Color me jealous.

Findog
10-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I dont care if the owner of my team says something completely stupid. I'll defend him no matter what!

I don't care if a high-profile controversial owner says something unremarkable. I'll bash him no matter what!

Findog
10-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Mark Cuban is a douche.. he shuld leave the nba. .

Do you miss the good ol nineties when the Spurs used to wipe the floor with the Mavs??

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't care if a high-profile controversial owner says something unremarkable. I'll bash him no matter what!

:rolleyes

So "unremarkable" Cuban led into the comment with "I'll get killed for saying this..."

Its just Cuban being Cuban and Mav fan beig Mav fan.

Cane
10-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Ah good old Cuban and controversy walking hand in hand again and again. He's like the Glenn Beck of sports owners. Hate him if he's on your side and hate him if he's against it.

In any case I somewhat agree although like Cuban I'm no god damn medical expert. If it gets to the point that he describes then sports leagues will likely change some regulations although the stigma associated with steroids and baseball doesn't help jack shit.

Findog
10-21-2009, 04:56 PM
So "unremarkable" Cuban led into the comment with "I'll get killed for saying this..."

Because he's Mark Cuban and dipshits like you respond Pavlov-like anytime he says anything. He could say the sun will rise in the East and set in the West and you'd jump all over him:

So when he was speaking to several hundred University of Pittsburgh studends Tuesday afternoon, and somebody asked him about steroids in sports, Cuban took the opportunity to say that, someday, if chemists and doctors can alleviate long-term side-effects from steroids, he believes they should be OK'd for sports.

Sitting courtside before the game against Cleveland Tuesday evening, he clarified.

"How is it different than getting Lasik surgery so you can have perfect vision?'' Cuban said. "Or how is it different than Tommy John surgery so you can get a perfect elbow? If they can improve steroids to where they have no harmful long-term effects, I don't see the problem with wanting perfect muscles.''

Interesting thought, but Cuban acknowledged that modern medicine -- as great as it is -- hasn't reached that point yet.

I find that block quote utterly unremarkable.

Its just Cuban being Cuban and Mav fan beig Mav fan.

More like DSF being DSF. But you're right. Robert Sarver is so much better. He won't dare open up his mouth and opine about controversial topics. It must be so refreshing to be blessed with a guy like him while us Mavs fans are saddled with a guy like Cuban.

Findog
10-21-2009, 05:02 PM
I mean, what is your argument dsf? That steroids compromises the integrity of professional sports? If one day in the distant future it's safe and legal and then available to any athlete that wants it, then what is the problem?

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Because he's Mark Cuban and dipshits like you respond Pavlov-like anytime he says anything. He could say the sun will rise in the East and set in the West and you'd jump all over him:

Yep, saying the sun will rise in the east and set in the west is TOTALLY the same thing as saying professional athletes should be allowed to use banned subsances when properly regulated. TOTALLY!

You hear stuff like that fom other owners all the time! Just last week Paul Allen was stating that the NBA should just drop its drug policy all together! And how about Donald Sterling suggesting that we just do away with referees and fouls while were at it! Its just when Cuban says it that people like me make a big deal out of it.

More like DSF being DSF. But you're right. Robert Sarver is so much better. He won't dare open up his mouth and opine about controversial topics. It must be so refreshing to be blessed with a guy like him while us Mavs fans are saddled with a guy like Cuban.

Robert Sarver is as big of a douche as you and Cuban put together. I would never defend that guy. I wonder what horrible crime the franchise did to deserve hm.

btw - to the guy who said steroids dont matter in the NBA:

Picutre Dwight Howard......................on steroids.

Findog
10-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Yep, saying the sun will rise in the east and set in the west is TOTALLY the same thing as saying professional athletes should be allowed to use banned subsances when properly regulated. TOTALLY!

He's speaking in the context of one day when medicine has advanced enough to where anabolic steroids would be safe enough to be legalized. How can you regulate something that is illegal? Where are your comprehension skills? You think the NBA will ever allow or sanction the widespread use by trainers and team doctors of banned substances?

Findog
10-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Picutre Dwight Howard......................on steroids.

Picture opposing centers bodying him up.....on steroids. If steroids advance to the point that they are safe under medical supervision and are legalized, then any athlete that wants them can have them. Why does Kevin Durant not bulk up and add muscle with a weight-lifting program, while other players do?

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 05:11 PM
I mean, what is your argument dsf? That steroids compromises the integrity of professional sports? If one day in the distant future t's safe and legal and then available to any athlete that wants it, then what is the problem?

I know you are smarter than this, but I'll bite.

Sports are suppose to be about teamwork, hard work, sportsmanship, camraderie etc.

Its absoultely ridiculous to think it would be no big deal to have organized physical competition decided by which team doctor best administered "the clear". Or which trainer was able to get everyone in the proper cycle correctly during the playoffs. We would no longer use terms like "who wants it more". Instead we would switch to wondering whos on the best stuff and pretty much everyone would lose interest. It would basically ruin sports as a whole.

Yeah, nothing "unremarkable" about that at all. :rolleyes

spursncowboys
10-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Nothing good can come from roids for a basketball player. It'll make them slower, and more prone to knee injuries.

Findog
10-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Instead we would switch to wondering whos on the best stuff and pretty much everyone would lose interest. It would basically ruin sports as a whole.

Which is why baseball experienced a surge in popularity during the late nineties when all records were shattered and we began witnessing feats that had never been accomplished before. :rolleyes It's why the Tour De France was followed like never before when Lance Armstrong won it 7 times in a row :rolleyes Please...if anything, steroids would increase the popularity of sports, and it would lead to athletes missing less time bc of injuries. Steroids can't create talent.

Steroids were ultimately bad for baseball because it was done under the table, some players played it clean while other players didn't, and it was done with substances that have long-term ill effects on health. It hurt baseball's credibility in the long-run because the integrity of the competition was compromised. In a theoretical world where steroids are safe and legal, this would not be the case.

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Which is why baseball experienced a surge in popularity during the late nineties when all records were shattered and we began witnessing feats that had never been accomplished before. :rolleyes It's why the Tour De France was followed like never before when Lance Armstrong won it 7 times in a row :rolleyes Please...if anything, steroids would increase the popularity of sports.

Yep...cuz people would have reacted the same way if they KNEW Mark McGwire was breaking the home run record on steroids. Same with Barry Bonds. No one would have cared about the crazy amount of crap he was on! They wont care! Juice em all up!

And no one would have cared if Lance Armstrong was winning the Tour De France on steroids. Everyone already assumed it! Its not like it was a big deal when he tested posetive or anything!

EPIC. FAIL.

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Baseball was ROCKING in the 90's.:toast

Cuz people were naive. Baseball sure did take a huge hit when star after star was revealed to have been doing steroids the whole time.

Findog
10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Yep...cuz people would have reacted the same way if they KNEW Mark McGwire was breaking the home run record on steroids. Same with Barry Bonds. No one would have cared about the crazy amount of crap he was on! They wont care! Juice em all up!

They wouldn't care if steroids were safe and legal. Last I checked, Cuban wasn't advocating that his players start getting bulked up on the down low on dangerous shit.

And no one would have cared if Lance Armstrong was winning the Tour De France on steroids. Everyone already assumed it! Its not like it was a big deal when he tested posetive or anything!

Not in a world where steroids are safe and legal.

EPIC. FAIL

You're right about that.

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 05:28 PM
I never knew steroids had an effect on a person will.

That went over your head. Screw a person's "will", theres no way a cornerback is going to be able to cover a wide receiver on certain steroids.

Findog says "well the cornerback will be on steroids too!". Of course, everyone responds differently to chemical in their body. The conversation will change from "who wants it more" to "whose body is best responding to whatever steroids theyre on".

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 05:31 PM
They wouldn't care if steroids were safe and legal. Last I checked, Cuban wasn't advocating that his players start getting bulked up on the down low on dangerous shit.

Not in a world where steroids are safe and legal.

You're right about that.

You TRULY are a giant douche.

Armstrong was a sensation because people thought someone was winning it year after just because he was BETTER and TOUGHER than everyone else. To think it wouldnt have made a difference if everyone knew he was taking steroids is so fucking stupid.

You. Are. Fucking. Stupid.

Or stubborn, I guess. I dont even think you really believe that. I think you'll just defend your asshat owner no matter WHAT he says. :lol

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Whats more naive is people who think that drugs have not played a part of sports history going all the way back to Babe Ruth, Ali, ect. I think the average baseball fan didn't really care whether the players were taking the drugs. At the end of the day people want to be entertained. People tend to be so hypocritical. You'll eat that Big Mac full of growth hormones and preservatives endorsing everything negative that comes with it health wise, but in the same breath castrate the person who uses the drug directly. Whats the difference?

Because it doesnt matter how many "big macs" you eat, youre never going to break the home run record.

People usually make that argument about "greenies" which is like drinking a couple of red bulls.

They say the cream and the clear are so strong they will make any average joe an olympic caliber athlete. Seriously.

I understand your point, but theres a huge line between STEROIDS and things like greenies (or the preservatives in a big mac).

Findog
10-21-2009, 06:08 PM
You TRULY are a giant douche.

"I'm losing the argument, so now on to the name-calling portion."

Armstrong was a sensation because people thought someone was winning it year after just because he was BETTER and TOUGHER than everyone else. To think it wouldnt have made a difference if everyone knew he was taking steroids is so fucking stupid.

You think the interest in LA winning the TDF was because he was BETTER and TOUGHER than everyone else? No, it was because of his performance coming back from cancer.

You. Are. Fucking. Stupid.

Or stubborn, I guess. I dont even think you really believe that. I think you'll just defend your asshat owner no matter WHAT he says. :lol

I'll call out people that kneejerk bash him no matter what he says. I don't even see a reasonable critique in your position, just a bunch of schmaltzy shit about how sports is about "team-building" and "character" and "overcoming adversity" and other United Way shit.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-21-2009, 06:31 PM

You basically summed up DSF perfectly.

Findog
10-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Whats more naive is people who think that drugs have not played a part of sports history going all the way back to Babe Ruth, Ali, ect. I think the average baseball fan didn't really care whether the players were taking the drugs. At the end of the day people want to be entertained. People tend to be so hypocritical. You'll eat that Big Mac full of growth hormones and preservatives endorsing everything negative that comes with it health wise, but in the same breath castrate the person who uses the drug directly. Whats the difference?

Steroid use and abuse is rampant and widespread in the NFL. Any knowledgeable observer of the league is well aware of that. And guess what? Fans don't ultimately care. And this is a system under which many players are taking banned substances that aren't entirely safe. And for all of that, the NFL is far and away the most popular spectator sport in the United States. The NBA or MLB, take your pick, is a very distant second. If DSF thinks concerns about steroid use would turn fans off from professional sports, he's got another thing coming:

http://www.keeperleaguegm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nfl-logo.gif

duncan228
10-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Mavericks owner Cuban takes pro-steroid stance - report (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=afp-basketnbacubanmaverickssteroids&prov=afp&type=lgns)

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told a group of American university students that he is in favour of supervised steroid use for athletes.

Speaking at a student forum at the University of Pittsburgh, Cuban said his "common sense" tells him that athletes could benefit from using steroids if they were made legal, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Wednesday.

Cuban said athletes could use steroids to recover from injuries as long as a doctor is supervising the programme and it could be insured there were no long-term harmful side effects.

"I will get killed for saying this … but I'm not so against steroids," Cuban said. "We do performance-enhancing things all the time, just not steroids.

"If you administer them properly and fairly and set the rules strictly as long as in doing so we recognize there are no negative long-term health impact issues.

"Sometimes, you just put the blinders on because it came from underground. Rather than saying, 'what's the best way to do this and is there a positive out of it?' We just dismiss it."

The controversial Cuban also boasted to the students that he has been fined more than 1.5 million dollars by the National Basketball Association.

"Maybe because I don't have to deal with it that it is an uninformed comment," Cuban said. "but I think my position is common sense."

Cuban said he doesn't expect any of the American professional sports leagues to abandon their steroid-testing programmes anytime soon.

"You have to get to the point where that risk isn't there and we are not there yet," he said.

Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis was slapped with a 10-game suspension in August for violating the NBA's drug policy.

NBA players are randomly tested four times each season under the league's Anti-Drug Agreement.

The first positive test for steroids results in a 10-game suspension.

The second positive test is a 25-game suspension and the third positive test is a one-year suspension.

ginobili's bald spot
10-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Nothing good can come from roids for a basketball player. It'll make them slower, and more prone to knee injuries.

You are a fucking idiot. Don't speak on subjects that you obviously know NOTHING about.

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 10:37 PM
You are a fucking idiot. Don't speak on subjects that you obviously know NOTHING about.

Damn.....whos the chick in ur sig?

ginobili's bald spot
10-21-2009, 10:37 PM
And Cuban is right BTW. Steroids are not dangerous when used properly. Contrary to what ridiculous media propaganda tries to tell people testosterone is a good thing not a bad thing. The problem is with people like "spursncowboys" who don't know jack shit about hormones and have ignorant beliefs like "steroids will just make you slower". WOW. Olympic sprinters are gonna be really pissed when they hear about this news!

The fact is that testosterone is what makes us men. It's a hormone we all have. It can make you bigger, faster, stronger, leaner or just have more energy and feel better. Those were all healthy things last time I checked. Why people chose to randomly villainize ONE of the hormones our body creates is a mystery to me. It's not illegal for any high school girl to go to the Doctor and get estrogen whenever the fuck they want. It happens all the time, it's called birth control. Where is the outrage and congressional investigations about those "drug addicts"? People need to get off of their high horses and at least read a book before you form an opinion on the subject.

da_suns_fan
10-21-2009, 10:47 PM
And Cuban is right BTW. Steroids are not dangerous when used properly. Contrary to what ridiculous media propaganda tries to tell people testosterone is a good thing not a bad thing. The problem is with people like "spursncowboys" who don't know jack shit about hormones and have ignorant beliefs like "steroids will just make you slower". WOW. Olympic sprinters are gonna be really pissed when they hear about this news!

The fact is that testosterone is what makes us men. It's a hormone we all have. It can make you bigger, faster, stronger, leaner or just have more energy and feel better. Those were all healthy things last time I checked. Why people chose to randomly villainize ONE of the hormones our body creates is a mystery to me. It's not illegal for any high school girl to go to the Doctor and get estrogen whenever the fuck they want. It happens all the time, it's called birth control. Where is the outrage and congressional investigations about those "drug addicts"? People need to get off of their high horses and at least read a book before you form an opinion on the subject.

Yeah yeah great....so who's the chick in ur sig? :lol

cobbler
10-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Regardless of the arguments for or against limited use of steroids under a doctors supervision, allowing them would be inviting disaster. Injuries would be faked, doctors would skirt the rules to support thier athlete patient, and the system would be abused.

da_suns_fan
10-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Regardless of the arguments for or against limited use of steroids under a doctors supervision, the abuse would occur. Injuries would be faked, doctors would skirt the rules to support thier athlete patient, and the system would be abused.

Yep. Even the idea of only having it be used for injury recovery, you have to expect players would milk "injuries" to get extra benefits from the roids.

Cuban obviously doesnt think too much before opening his mouth.

Findog
10-22-2009, 09:03 AM
. Contrary to what ridiculous media propaganda tries to tell people testosterone is a good thing not a bad thing.

Well, if my body didn't produce so much of it naturally, I wouldn't be balding.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-22-2009, 09:29 AM
It's a slippery slope. Even if they could create a steroid without the long term health effects I think introducing them for limited use would be inviting abuse of them. Even if the league did closely monitor it they could end up with the same credibility issue that baseball has now where a player can have a huge improvement and the first thought is no longer, "Wow, he must have busted his ass in the offseason," but "Dude's probably juicing and didn't get caught." They could end up with a situation where the moderate, measured solution brings all the backlash of completely opening the floodgates. In the end I think it has to be an all or nothing affair. Either keep them banned totally or turn the chemists loose on the league.

hater
10-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Fuck cuban

Culburn369
10-22-2009, 09:33 AM

EPIC. FAIL.

"They" knew....they/Media was justing hurrying before they/us knew. Though we knew. We was just hurrying before they/Media ratted us out.

tee, hee.

Findog
10-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Fuck cuban

Great take :tu

I bet you wish a "classy" guy like Ross Perot Jr. still owned the Mavs, right? Well guess what. It's 2009, not 1999. We pitch and you catch in this relationship now.

hater
10-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Great take :tu

I bet you wish a "classy" guy like Ross Perot Jr. still owned the Mavs, right? Well guess what. It's 2009, not 1999. We pitch and you catch in this relationship now.

Fuck cuban regardless

Findog
10-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Fuck cuban regardless

Spurs fans would know a thing or two about getting fucked at the hands of a Cuban-owned enterprise.

Culburn369
10-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Spurs fans would know a thing or two about getting fucked at the hands of a Cuban-owned enterprise.

Whoops-e-daisy!

z0sa
10-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Leave it to Cuban to make a controversial opinion while being uninformed

hater
10-22-2009, 09:40 AM

yeah, the way he's been paying Finley while he helps us win a ring is disgraceful :)

4 rings slut

Findog
10-22-2009, 09:44 AM
yeah, the way he's been paying Finley while he helps us win a ring is disgraceful :)

Yeah, he was the missing piece, wasn't he? There wasn't like 50 role players that could've filled in for him? And Cuban saved $50 million in luxury tax payments on that.

4 rings slut

The correct nomenclature is Quatro Anillos, Puta!

Culburn369
10-22-2009, 09:45 AM

4 rings slut

But, he did beat ya's, duder. Just take the beat down like a man.

tee, hee.

Culburn369
10-22-2009, 09:46 AM

The correcter nomenclature is:::3 regular rings + that strike 1.:ihit

Findog
10-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Michael Finley was on the losing end of every Mavs-Spurs playoff series: 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009.

hater
10-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah, he was the missing piece, wasn't he? There wasn't like 50 role players that could've filled in for him? And Cuban saved $50 million in luxury tax payments on that.

Still Cuban couldn't get Finley a ring so he had to come to Spurs to get his.

Let's see how bad Cuban owns the SPurs he spent tens of millions building a Spur-beater team, and he finally does, and what does he have to show for it?

a Wester Championship banner and 2 1st round exits :lmao

yeah, Cuban got the last laugh on that one.

and you are right

4 anillos Puta!!

hater
10-22-2009, 10:11 AM

tee, hee.

let's see, would you pick
A) 2 beatdowns by mavs and 2 rings in the last 4 years
B) no beatdowns by mavs and no rings in the last 4 years

I pick A 100% of the time. what would you pick?

hater
10-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Michael Finley was on the losing end of every Mavs-Spurs playoff series: 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009.

and yet he still has more rings than the entire Mav organization

Agloco
10-22-2009, 10:13 AM

And Cuban knows a thing or two about being fucked by franchises who have no business fucking anyone.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: puto.

Agloco
10-22-2009, 10:14 AM

tee, hee.

Equal opportunity takers.

Beatdown, 4 anillos, etc.......

Findog
10-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Still Cuban couldn't get Finley a ring so he had to come to Spurs to get his.

No, it was more like Finley was no longer earning his contract and Cuban got a get out of lux tax free card to set him loose. Who cares where he went after that? It certainly didn't hurt the Mavs whenever they ran into his new team.

Let's see how bad Cuban owns the SPurs he spent tens of millions building a Spur-beater team, and he finally does,
what does he have to show for it?

Every team in the league has a payroll in the 8 figures. It stings, doesn't it?

Findog
10-22-2009, 10:17 AM
And Cuban knows a thing or two about being fucked by franchises who have no business fucking anyone.

Warriors suck! :lol They have a drunk coach and won't make the playoffs this year! :lol. Warriors suck! :lol

Spurs fans that trashtalk the Mavs are basically dildos.

in2deep
10-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Let's see how bad Cuban owns the SPurs he spent tens of millions building a Spur-beater team, and he finally does, and what does he have to show for it?

a Wester Championship banner and 2 1st round exits :lmao

:lol so true. I remember Mav's entire focus was on building a Spur beater. oops

hater
10-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Every team in the league has a payroll in the 8 figures. It stings, doesn't it?

I see you are still in denial that Mav's organizaiton and owner was more worried about beating the Spurs than winning it all. that's where they went wrong, get it?

they even got Avery Johnson to coach for christ sake :rolleyes

Findog
10-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I see you are still in denial that Mav's organizaiton and owner was more worried about beating the Spurs than winning it all. that's where they went wrong, get it?

That may just be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site.

they even got Avery Johnson to coach for christ sake

Because Nellie was drunk and phoning it in, and Avery had a history with the Mavs and wanted to have more of an emphasis on defense, something Nellie paid no attention to. Do you have frontal lobe damage?

hater
10-22-2009, 10:23 AM
That may just be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site.

Because Nellie was drunk and phoning it in, and Avery had a history with the Mavs and wanted to have more of an emphasis on defense, something Nellie paid no attention to. Do you have frontal lobe damage?

mavfans in denial are basically dildos

Findog
10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
mavfans in denial are dildos

Your position is that the Mavs were content to beat the Spurs and nothing more, and hiring Avery was solely for beat the Spurs considerations. That is beyond retarded. Which is why they got swept in the next round by Phoenix and didn't even try, and then coasted through the next season and didn't gun for the #1 seed in the West. :blah

hater
10-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Your position is that the Mavs were content to beat the Spurs and nothing more, and hiring Avery was solely for beat the Spurs considerations. That is beyond retarded. Which is why they got swept in the Finals by the Heat and didn't even try, and then coasted through the next season and didn't gun for the #1 seed in the West. :blah

Findog answer this question:
would you pick
A) 2 beatdowns by spurs and 2 rings in the last 4 years
B) beating spurs twice and no rings in the last 4 years

Culburn369
10-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Warriors suck! :lol They have a drunk coach and won't make the playoffs this year! :lol. Warriors suck! :lol

lmao! Fin is on a major tangent this morn.

Findog
10-22-2009, 10:29 AM
would you pick

A.

Now answer me this. Would it not be beyond ridiculous for Mavs fans to trashtalk Warriors fans*? After all, we have 1 more Conference Championship banner this decade than they do, we have 8 more 50-win seasons than they do, and we have 8 more series wins than they do.

* Fortunately there is no such thing as Warriors fans.

Culburn369
10-22-2009, 10:30 AM
would you pick

or...

C) ToD

hater
10-22-2009, 10:33 AM
A.

Now answer me this. Would it not be beyond ridiculous for Mavs fans to trashtalk Warriors fans*? After all, we have 1 more Conference Championship banner this decade than they do, we have 8 more 50-win seasons than they do, and we have 8 more series wins than they do.

It would be ridiculous for either one to trashtalk.

now answer this. If mavs had won 2 rings and got beatdown by spurs twice. what would you say to a Spur fan that keeps trashtalking about those 2 beatdowns?

Culburn369
10-22-2009, 10:34 AM

now answer this. If mavfans had won 2 rings and got beatdown by spurs twice. what would you say to a Spur fan that keeps trashtalking about those 2 beatdowns?

They're insecure?

Findog
10-22-2009, 10:35 AM

now answer this. If mavs had won 2 rings and got beatdown by spurs twice. what would you say to a Spur fan that keeps trashtalking about those 2 beatdowns?

You'd have to take it. Just like if a Heat or Warrior fan wants to rub our nose in beating us in the playoffs. Just like if a Laker fan wants to bring up their 29-year-ownage of the Mavs franchise.

hater
10-22-2009, 10:36 AM
You'd have to take it. Just like if a Heat or Warrior fan wants to rub our nose in beating us in the playoffs. Just like if a Laker fan wants to bring up their 29-year-ownage of the Mavs franchise.

bullshit. you'd take that trashtalking? be honest. you would just shut up and take it?

Findog
10-22-2009, 10:45 AM
bullshit. you'd take that trashtalking? be honest. you would just shut up and take it?

What is there to say back to a Warrior fan? What is there to say back to a Laker fan when he brings up how the Lakers have always dominated the Mavs? You don't pick fights with Warrior and Laker fans. If they want to be dicks, that's one thing, there are rhetorical tricks for talking back to fans of teams that have owned yours, but you don't pick fights with Laker or Warriors fans is my answer.

hater
10-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Bullshit. you'd say

Dos anillos Puta!

dont lie

Unforgivable
10-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Bullshit. you'd say

Dos anillos Puta!

dont lie

No not really, it's only bandwagon bitch made beaners like yourself constantly feel the need to bring up rings whenever they're losing an argument. You're comment that their only goal was to beat the Spurs was beyond retarded.

Agloco
10-22-2009, 11:56 AM

Um, ok.

Truth = Trashtalk I suppose. Convenient terms.

Doesn't change the fact that the Mavericks have beaten the Spurs the last two times they've met in the playoffs. :toast

It also doesn't change the fact that the Mavericks don't win when it counts. It's kinda like getting through the foreplay only to see your dick go limp right before you go up in it. You think your partner is gonna give you brownie points for that kind of piss poor performance? :rolleyes

Agloco
10-22-2009, 11:57 AM
No not really, it's only bandwagon bitch made beaners like yourself constantly feel the need to bring up rings whenever they're losing an argument. You're comment that their only goal was to beat the Spurs was beyond retarded.

Lol at any Hornets fan talking shit, period.

Agloco
10-22-2009, 12:00 PM
What is there to say back to a Warrior fan? What is there to say back to a Laker fan when he brings up how the Lakers have always dominated the Mavs? You don't pick fights with Warrior and Laker fans. If they want to be dicks, that's one thing, there are rhetorical tricks for talking back to fans of teams that have owned yours, but you don't pick fights with Laker or Warriors fans is my answer.

There's always the glory days of Mark Aguirre and Rolando Blackman. Take a valium and let the good times roll.

Findog
10-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Um, ok.

Truth = Trashtalk I suppose. Convenient terms.

There's a difference between defending your team and starting something. It just amuses me to no end when Spurs fans initiate trashtalk with Mavs fans.

Findog
10-22-2009, 12:01 PM
There's always the glory days of Mark Aguirre and Rolando Blackman.

Or 2000-present.

da_suns_fan
10-22-2009, 12:02 PM
A.

:lol

Who's "we"?

Findog
10-22-2009, 12:03 PM
:lol

Who's "we"?

The team I am a fan of. Are you really going to go through the whole pedantic "You don't play for the Mavs or work in the front office, so why are you using 'we'?"

Thanks for the tip, Captain Obvious.

Culburn369
10-22-2009, 12:05 PM
[[[Are you really going to go through the whole pedantic "You don't play for the Mavs or work in the front office, so why are you using 'we'?"]]]

I thought that was DUNCAN's pet peeve? Da too?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-22-2009, 12:07 PM

Solely using we is not my pet peeve. Acting like the team's accomplishments are your accomplishments are what bothers me. Something like, "We won tonight cause so and so played well," doesn't bother me at all.

Agloco
10-22-2009, 12:09 PM
There's a difference between defending your team and starting something. It just amuses me to no end when Spurs fans initiate trashtalk with Mavs fans.

Sooooo......

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: is only useable when Mavfan decides to tread on my dick? Noted.

Culburn369
10-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Solely using we is not my pet peeve. Acting like the team's accomplishments are your accomplishments are what bothers me. Something like, "We won tonight cause so and so played well," doesn't bother me at all.

Just checkin' assholes, DUNCAN.

Agloco
10-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Or 2000-present.

The evolution, or regression. Kinda depends on your perspective now doesn't it?

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/o_DIRK_NOWITZKI_ROOKIE.JPGhttp://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/steve-nash-dirk-nowitzki-2-drunk-pictures1.jpghttp://nimg.sulekha.com/Sports/original700/dirk-nowitzki-2009-9-28-17-10-25.jpg

da_suns_fan
10-22-2009, 12:21 PM

Not really. I just feel like Findog is taking it too personally. You would think Mark Cuban was his DAD the way he feels the need to defend him.

Findog
10-22-2009, 12:23 PM
The evolution, or regression. Kinda depends on your perspective now doesn't it?

Dorky pictures of Dirk? Awesome Burn! :toast

Hmm, the decade Before Dirk:

28-54, 22-60, 11-71, 13-69, 36-46, 26-56, 24-58, 20-62. No playoff appearances.

Since the arrival of Dirk:

19-31, 40-42, 53-29, 57-25, 60-22, 52-30, 58-24, 60-22, 67-15, 51-31, 50-32. 9 playoff appearances, 9 series wins, 1 conference championship.

Posting dorky pictures of Dirk =

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1398/542389855_811a187e7b.jpg

Findog
10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Not really. I just feel like Findog is taking it too personally. You would think Mark Cuban was his DAD the way he feels the need to defend him.

Cuban doesn't need me to defend him, he can do that himself. I'm making fun of you for your knee-jerk bashing.

Agloco
10-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Dorky pictures of Dirk? Awesome Burn! :toast

19-31, 40-42, 53-29, 57-25, 60-22, 52-30, 58-24, 60-22, 67-15, 51-31, 50-32. 9 playoff appearances, 9 series wins, 1 conference championship.

Posting dorky pictures of Dirk =

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1398/542389855_811a187e7b.jpg

1) Dorky pictures? Someone at Associated Press or Fleer might be offended by that.

2) Sarah Palin = Hottie. Looks like my dick might actually fit in her mouth, albeit a bit snug.......

3) Evolution vs Regression -----> More to the point this time I suppose:

2000-------------------------------------------------------------------- 2009

http://wertfixture.com/ProductImages/jdw_uc4.jpghttp://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09L13KcgBj5Vp/340x.jpg

It appears that Cuban has put in money to upgrade your trophy case. Too bad it's still empty though.

Goran Dragic
10-22-2009, 01:17 PM
2) Sarah Palin = Hottie. Looks like my dick might actually fit in her mouth,

Considering the fact your dick could fit in a pencil sharpener you didn't need to post this.

Findog
10-22-2009, 01:27 PM

19-31, 40-42, 53-29, 57-25, 60-22, 52-30, 58-24, 60-22, 67-15, 51-31, 50-32. 9 playoff appearances, 9 series wins, 1 conference championship..

Go ahead and keep making fun of Dirk dumbass. You're right, the Mavs have plumbed to new depths with him.

Agloco
10-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Go ahead and keep making fun of Dirk dumbass. You're right, the Mavs have plumbed to new depths with him.

Sure..... just like the Stockton-Malone teams of the 90's are so revered today. :rolleyes

Um...morale check dumbass. You can't possibly believe that the psyche of the franchise is anything near intact. At least you could say that the Mavs had an identity before Dirk, even if it was as doormats. Now? You're a joke, quite literally in most cases, and that pretty much sucks.

People are beginning to jump off Cubans ship. Stupid remarks like ""common sense" steroid use only serve to drive things off the cliff more quickly.

Agloco
10-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Considering the fact your dick could fit in a pencil sharpener you didn't need to post this.

Cute......random, but cute.

Goran Dragic
10-22-2009, 01:39 PM
At least you could say that the Mavs had an identity before Dirk, even if it was as doormats. Now? You're a joke, quite literally in most cases, and that pretty much sucks.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

That's one of the dumbest thing Spurfan has ever said on this site. Are you seriously saying the 2000-2009 Mavs are more of a "joke" than the 1990's Mavs?

Greg Oden
10-22-2009, 01:45 PM
I love it when spur fan gets this holier than thou attitude because the team they have nothing to do with other than rooting for them has won more titles than a fan of a team they have nothing to do with. It's quite funny and for spur fan to call someone a dumbass after those posts is pretty ironic.

Findog
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Sure..... just like the Stockton-Malone teams of the 90's are so revered today.

You are such a dumbass.

Um...morale check dumbass. You can't possibly believe that the psyche of the franchise is anything near intact. At least you could say that the Mavs had an identity before Dirk, even if it was as doormats. Now? You're a joke, quite literally in most cases, and that pretty much sucks.

How it must sting to get owned by a 'joke.' Wow, you are really butthurt.

So let me get this straight: it's better for the Mavs to be a perennial lottery team than a perennial 50-win team. Um...okay. I guess you would think that if you were a Spurs fan. Ross Perot Jr. was so kind to you guys. :lol

Findog
10-22-2009, 01:47 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

That's one of the dumbest thing Spurfan has ever said on this site. Are you seriously saying the 2000-2009 Mavs are more of a "joke" than the 1990's Mavs?

Well, it might make sense if he's speaking from the perspective of a Spurs fan. If I were a Spurs fan, I would certainly prefer the 90's Ross Perot Jr Mavs to the 00's Mark Cuban Mavs. As a Mavs fan, however, I'll take what the oughts hath brought.

Goran Dragic
10-22-2009, 02:03 PM
I love it when spur fan gets this holier than thou attitude because the team they have nothing to do with other than rooting for them has won more titles than a fan of a team they have nothing to do with.

It's always Mexicans/Argentinians doing it too. They have to use the 4 championships SA won to compensate for the fact they smell like the inside of a Los Betos.

Greg Oden
10-22-2009, 02:05 PM
I always thought it was cuz of the fact that they're 70 lbs. overweight and couldn't pass their remedial high school classes.

Goran Dragic
10-22-2009, 02:06 PM
I always thought it was cuz of the fact that they're 70 lbs. overweight and couldn't pass their remedial high school classes.

That too......or that their HS grades were so bad they're going to UTSA.