PDA

View Full Version : Richard Seymour smoking too much decriminalized weed in Oakland

monosylab1k
10-21-2009, 06:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/21/seymour-sees-playoffs-for-raiders-in-2009/

Seymour sees playoffs for Raiders in 2009
Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2009 2:23 PM ET
This week's episode of Two Deep Zone on 1530 Homer with former NFL players Artrell Hawkins and Charles Fisher included not only some eye-opening remarks from Seahawks receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, but also a jaw-dropping prediction from Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour.

Seymour says that the Raiders are going to the playoffs.

"You can mark it down," Seymour said. "The Raiders will be in the playoffs in 2009."

(Upon hearing the prediction, the NFL asked Seymour to submit to reasonable-cause drug testing.)

It's really not a completely ridiculous suggestion. At 2-4, the Raiders are only a game behind the logjam of teams jockeying for the No. 6 seed. Currently, the Ravens, Jets, Jaguars, and Texans are 3-3. The Dolphins and Chargers are 2-3.

IronMexican
10-21-2009, 06:21 PM
:)

Been talking about it most of the morning on the Raider forum I post on. I like the optimism.

IronMexican
10-21-2009, 06:27 PM
And I'm surprised this picked up as much media attention as it did.

PGDynasty24
10-21-2009, 08:05 PM
raiders suck. they shouldn't guaranteed 8 wins nonetheless making the playoffs

Udokafan05
10-22-2009, 12:33 AM
I thought they would win 7 or 8 this year, but now i only see 5. Russell is to inconsistent.

MajorMike
10-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Could easily happen; there are some bad teams at 3-3 or 2-3 (jax, Texans, fins, imploding chargers). Just win, baby.

It wasn't like he was saying something incredibly stupid, like, Dallas will be in the playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-22-2009, 11:28 AM
They'll finish with a better record than San Diego. Take that to the bank.

IronMexican
10-22-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm hoping SD mails it in and the Raiders manage to finish with a better record.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm hoping SD mails it in and the Raiders manage to finish with a better record.

San Diego seems like they're ready to implode. I know last year they started 4-8 and managed to salvage their season, this year the vibe just seems different. Looking back on it, their window shut when the Patriots beat them after being out played and needing a few lucky, preventable turnovers. They beat New England that year and they probably win it all. That team needs a coaching change and needs at least a semi-rebuild.

dirk4mvp
10-22-2009, 12:26 PM
The Raiders have some pretty good talent on both sides. If they just had a competent QB to deliver the ball better than 45%

symple19
10-22-2009, 01:16 PM
They're talking about it like crazy here in the bay area. I, for one, just don't see it. The defense can be good, but I think the Philly game was more of an aberration than anything else. The offense is so freakin' bad. No way they catch Denver so they'll have to vie for a wild-card spot with the likes of Cincy/Pitt/Balt, Jacks/Hou, NYJ/Mia. I'm penciling in the Pats and the Colts for div crowns. The Raiders aren't better than any of those seven teams I just mentioned so far, and offensively they're much worse than all of em, especially at the QB spot.

If they had Garcia I would give them a shot, but no way with JR. Does anyone remember that Giants game?!

IronMexican
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Its all about the scheme. Raiders have talent on D. its all about playing the right scheme. Sending 4 and dropping 7 every play won't work. a top 5 DB core and a D line who is playing good. if the offense just manages the game, this could be an 8-8 team. its kinda tough playing the AFCN and NFCE, though, but its possible

J.T.
10-22-2009, 01:53 PM
lol raiders