PDA

View Full Version : Jordan’s son not free to wear Air Jordans

duncan228
10-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Jordan’s son not free to wear Air Jordans (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ys-cnbcairjordan102109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Darren Rovell, CNBC.com

The fight over the feet of Michael Jordan’s son is not over.

Last Thursday, Marcus Jordan, the Hall of Fame guard’s younger son, told the media that he’d honor the University of Central Florida’s contract with adidas by wearing all the apparel with adidas logos on it.

He would not, however, take the court in the shoes. Citing family pride, Marcus said he would be in Nike’s Air Jordans, named after his father, of course.

Soon after the comments were made, UCF athletic director Keith Tribble told AOL’s Fanhouse that the freshman could make the decision for himself since there had been a previous precedent set with a UCF football player who wore a different brand of shoe due to the fit.

But adidas spokesperson Andrea Corso told CNBC that no compromise had been reached with the school.

“We are in negotiations for a future relationship regarding the broader UCF athletic program,” Corso said. “What I can say is that these relationships are based upon agreed deliverables for both parties.”

Translation: The story that adidas had buckled on this one might be what UCF is saying, but it’s certainly not what adidas is saying. adidas officials won’t talk contract specifics, but it appears as though adidas might have the right to change the terms if they don’t get what they were promised.

While some might think this is all about Nike vs. adidas, it seems like it’s more about potential breach of contract. And although it’s bigger than Marcus Jordan, Jordan’s shoe defection is very public and could potentially be costly to the university.

We’re wondering in the coming days if Tribble is willing to take say, tens of thousands of dollars (maybe even hundreds of thousands) less on the shoe deal, to allow Jordan to wear his father’s shoes.

The Jordan brand doesn’t make softball uniforms like adidas does, but maybe Tribble is counting on the original MJ to bridge the gap in donations.

BRHornet45
10-21-2009, 08:20 PM
spoiled little brat. just wear the fucking shoes.

Spursmania
10-21-2009, 08:33 PM
What a little brat.

Morg1411
10-21-2009, 08:55 PM
lol

It's amazing what gets reported as fucking "news" sometimes...

TDMVPDPOY
10-21-2009, 08:59 PM
if he doesnt honor such contracts, in future marketing endorsements will not come knocking on his door

resistanze
10-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Who?

BlackSwordsMan
10-21-2009, 11:25 PM
kobe is jordan's favorite son anyways

ginobili's bald spot
10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Cut him and send him home, he's a scrub anyway.

This.

760Spursfan
10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
spoiled little brat. just wear the fucking shoes.

Exactly:bang, plus isn't he on a scholarship? So they should make his ass wear them.

Leetonidas
10-22-2009, 03:33 PM
“We are in negotiations for a future relationship regarding the broader UCF athletic program,” Corso said. “What I can say is that these relationships are based upon agreed deliverables for both parties.”

Am I the only one who laughed at that? Fucking Spurstalk...

PM5K
10-22-2009, 05:27 PM
How silly, maybe when you're as good as your pops people will bend the rules for you, until then put on those Adidas. They are MICHAEL Jordan shoes, not MARCUS Jordan shoes, get over yourself kid.

BRHornet45
10-22-2009, 06:11 PM
sons the sad thing is that I'm sure MICHAEL Jordan is setting a wonderful example and backing his son on this ... that egotistical asshole

Finperro
10-22-2009, 07:29 PM
sons the sad thing is that I'm sure MICHAEL Jordan is setting a wonderful example and backing his son on this ... that egotistical asshole
LOL son the same way Kwame Brown got mortified.

bugoy
10-23-2009, 01:31 AM
this shouldnt even be an issue, wear the fucking adidas

CubanSucks
10-23-2009, 01:49 AM
One would think he would recognize how douchey he looks right now. I wish I could see his reaction when he realizes he really has no leverage in this situation...at least he BETTER not hold any leverage on the school

Biggems
10-23-2009, 08:25 AM
I see it like this.....

I like the kid's loyalty to his father and his father's brand. That is cool.

However, the school and it's athletics dept. use a different brand. Athletics is a privilege, not a right. If they tell you to wear pink frillies on your uniform, you wear them. If they tell you to wear Chuck Taylor's, you wear them. Basically, if you want to participate in the athletics at that school, you must abide by their rules and their dress codes.

If you feel that strongly about the situation, there is a simple and easy solution. DON'T PLAY FOR THE SCHOOL. Wear your Jordan's in the intramural basketball leagues that the university offers. Wear your Jordan's to the pick-up games.

Why do people make this so difficult?

Biggems
10-23-2009, 08:27 AM

like gambling away millions, while staying out all night and neglecting his wife and kids.

like cheating on his wife and kids with floozy after floozy.

MJ is a complete turd. His sons have an excellent role model.

2Cleva
10-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I doubt the issue is with his son.

I bet Nike is the ones who don't want to see Jordan's kid playing in anything else.

CubanSucks
10-23-2009, 03:08 PM
I doubt the issue is with his son.

I bet Nike is the ones who don't want to see Jordan's kid playing in anything else.

Yeah, it's those dirty rotten corporations! There just turning jordan's son into a little eichmann!

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/littleeichmanns.gif

duncan228
11-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Adidas out at UCF after MJ’s son wears Jordans (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ys-cnbcjordan110509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Darren Rovell, CNBC.com

It might be the most expensive pairs of Air Jordans ever worn.

When Marcus Jordan took the floor Wednesday night for the University of Central Florida’s basketball team wearing Air Jordans, school sponsor adidas made it clear to the university that its deal with the school – a five-year contract set to expire next June – is now done.

“The University of Central Florida has chosen not to deliver on their contractual commitment to adidas,” the company said in a statement given to CNBC. “As a result, we have chosen not to continue our relationship with them moving forward.”

Last month, UCF officials said that an adidas official had agreed to allow Michael Jordan’s younger son Marcus to wear the Nike shoes named after his father even though the school had a deal with competitor adidas. But adidas officials, which were working on an extension on a deal with the athletic department, said that they never granted that exemption.

Shoe and apparel contracts with schools normally guarantee that all student-athletes will wear what is made by the contracted shoe and apparel company unless the athlete, for some reason, can’t wear that specific shoe because of medical reasons and a custom shoe can’t be made.

It is not clear how much the school could lose because of the breach of contract. It also is not apparent whether another brand, perhaps Nike or its Jordan brand, will step in to replace the deal, which covered all of the school’s sports.

UCF officials say they have not received any official statement from adidas on the status of the school’s contract.

symple19
11-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Rofl. Spoiled punk ass little scrub just ruined the contract. Now, he'll (Marcus) probably blow out a knee and not be able to play all year. Karma is a bitch, little Jordan

resistanze
11-06-2009, 11:12 PM
LOL @ the school allowing some scrub who'll be a car salesman in 5 years ruin their contract with Adidas.