PDA

View Full Version : If the Rockets end up with a top pick, who should they take?

djohn2oo8
10-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I am a big fan of the Rockets, and want to see them succeed, however this season would not be lost if they ended up with a lottery pick, a consolation prize if you will:

John Wall - 6' 4 PG

QHL3A76xW70

Derrick Favors - 6' 9 PF

99Od-U5IF4s

Unholy Turkey
10-21-2009, 08:35 PM
If I was the Rockets, I would try to and go as high as they can if they get either because we are already stacked with undersized players, and try to prepare for a championship run in the 10-11 season.

Or, we can trade one of our big 2 and use our draft pick instead of that pick.

kamikazi_player
10-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Try to get another 7'6 man from China who can stay healthy.

Allanon
10-21-2009, 08:42 PM
I think it's too early.

For PG, John Wall's by far the biggest prospect. But the Rockets already have Brooks and Lowry..couldn't see Wall making much more of an impact over those two guys; especially in the next 2-3 years.

I'm not familiar with Derrick Favors but he looks pretty raw.

Houston's biggest problem is when Yao goes out, they need to get rid of Hayes or Landry and bring in some size at Center.

badfish22
10-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Wall is probably the most exciting player to come into the draft since James. Not saying hes more talented than say Derrick Rose, but he is definitely more exciting. Plus add a year of tutoring from the same guy who taught Rose, and you got a damn good player.

Depending on how he does this year at Kentucky, id say you pick him.
But I dont think the Rockets are gonna finish low enough to get the #1 pick. Id say the 9th or 10th seed is were they will fall. I wouldnt be surprised to see them make the Playoffs at the 8th seed.

SouthTexasRancher
10-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Huh? Didn't we just get through a draft and the summer league for all them college kids! Let's get through the All Star break first. Hell, Houston may end up surprising everyone....again!

Darthkiller
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
get john wall, trade brooks or use him as a bench guy.

Lars
10-21-2009, 10:15 PM
While it would be great to land the #1 pick, there isnt really one guy that would fit right in. Things would need to be restructured through trades, etc.

noob cake
10-21-2009, 11:02 PM
If we get #1 pick, trade the hell down for a starting SG and draft a nice PF/Center combo. No homo but I think Greg Monroe is magical.

Watching him play is amazing; he possesses a lot of intangibles for a PF/center.

DaDakota
10-21-2009, 11:31 PM
The Rockets will make the playoffs...come on now....let's not overeact.

DD

mystargtr34
10-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Neither of those clips was that special. John Wall looks pretty good, but Favours looks pretty stiffish. He doesnt really move with much agility and fluidity.

But its hard to tell how good a player will be playing against HS scrubs.