10-22-2009, 11:46 AM
I need something, I just don't know what! I feel so "empty" :(

blizz
10-22-2009, 12:05 PM
some phad se ew from thai chili

Heath Ledger
10-22-2009, 12:10 PM

You are just opening yourself up to all kind of sexual innuendos.

mrsmaalox
10-22-2009, 12:14 PM
You are just opening yourself up to all kind of sexual innuendos.

I was leaning more towards something "chocolatey"!

Heath Ledger
10-22-2009, 12:20 PM
So you are into the blacks eh? Well we are all black when the lights go out.

mrsmaalox
10-22-2009, 12:26 PM

:lol

JudynTX
10-22-2009, 12:51 PM
some phad se ew from thai chili

WTF is that? :lol

:lol What's weird is that I never used to like chinese food, go figure.

I. Hustle
10-22-2009, 12:53 PM
What's weird is how that comment goes with that quote.

symple19
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM

how bout' some cock?

blizz
10-22-2009, 01:52 PM
a thai dish with wide flat rice noodles, beef, pork or chicken and broccoli

http://www.thaionhighlands.com/images/phad%20see-ew1.jpg

I. Hustle
10-22-2009, 01:57 PM
a thai dish with wide flat rice noodles, beef, pork or chicken and broccoli

http://www.thaionhighlands.com/images/phad%20see-ew1.jpg

That sounds good. Thai Chili is just down the street from me so I might have to hit it up.

Bigzax
10-22-2009, 02:06 PM
get it while you can!

http://www.dreyers.com/images/flavorImages/2766p.jpg

blizz
10-22-2009, 02:06 PM
That sounds good. Thai Chili is just down the street from me so I might have to hit it up.

oh it's fucking awesome..i get it at least once a week. i get it with pork and they'll ask what number you want it 1-10, 10 being the spiciest. i get 5.

I. Hustle
10-22-2009, 02:10 PM
I always try something different when I go. They have this dish with garlic and white pepper though that makes me cream my pants.

ManuTP9
10-22-2009, 02:13 PM
im craving some cookie dough ice cream right now.

JudynTX
10-22-2009, 02:18 PM
oh it's fucking awesome..i get it at least once a week. i get it with pork and they'll ask what number you want it 1-10, 10 being the spiciest. i get 5.

It looks good, but I don't know..........

What about Vietnamese food, you like it? How different is it compared to chinese food?

Please don't tell me they eat dog/cats.

I. Hustle
10-22-2009, 02:21 PM
They eat dogs/cats.

I used to go to Taste of Asia but once I tried other places I realized how crappy it is. I am Vietnamese/Ethiopian by the way.

I. Hustle
10-22-2009, 02:21 PM

tlongII
10-22-2009, 02:23 PM
I just had a Buffalo Chicken sandwich from Subway. Mmmmmmmm.

I. Hustle
10-22-2009, 02:26 PM
I just had a Buffalo Chicken sandwich from Subway. Mmmmmmmm.

Did you take your son or is he still in school?

blizz
10-22-2009, 03:32 PM
They eat dogs/cats.

I used to go to Taste of Asia but once I tried other places I realized how crappy it is. I am Vietnamese/Ethiopian by the way.

yeah that's what happened with me and thai food. i used to go to this place by marbach and 410 called asia kitchen and swore it was the best thai food. i tried thai chili and realized how crappy asia kitchen was. i went back to asia kitchen the other day just to be sure....crap. i'm starting to get tired of the phad se ew though so i'm thinking of going with something else next time.

I. Hustle
10-22-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm telling you, look on the menu for that dish with the garlic and white pepper. Throw down some of that sticky rice and coconut ice cream afterwards and that is a great day.

Summers
10-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Man, I'm craving me some PF Changs. :hungry:

Are you pregnant? I craved Chinese steamed dumplings all the time when I was pregnant.

Summers
10-22-2009, 06:51 PM
I was leaning more towards something "chocolatey"!

What about Vietnamese food, you like it? How different is it compared to chinese food?

The place in Austin I used to go to was really good and cheap and fast for lunch. The food is more simple, I'd say, than Chinese, like you can get just a big soup bowl of noodles in broth, and then there are variations on that, like thinly sliced meet, onions, whatever.

blizz
10-23-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm telling you, look on the menu for that dish with the garlic and white pepper. Throw down some of that sticky rice and coconut ice cream afterwards and that is a great day.

I'm assuming it's this?

Phad Gratium - Choice of chicken, beef or pork, stir fried with garlic sauce, white pepper and green onion.

That'll be lunch tomorrow.

Fpoonsie
10-23-2009, 12:24 AM
The place in Austin I used to go to was really good and cheap and fast for lunch. The food is more simple, I'd say, than Chinese, like you can get just a big soup bowl of noodles in broth, and then there are variations on that, like thinly sliced meet, onions, whatever.

Summers has the right idea. Pho (pronounced "Fuh") is tha muthaPho-kin bomb.

TDMVPDPOY
10-23-2009, 12:50 AM

its vietnamese food man, dont get it mixed up with chinese food

Fpoonsie
10-23-2009, 12:56 AM
its vietnamese food man, dont get it mixed up with chinese food

I know. PS had asked about Vietnamese food. I assumed that's what Summers was alluding to...even if she DOES mention "Chinese food". :shootme

JudynTX
10-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Are you pregnant? I craved Chinese steamed dumplings all the time when I was pregnant.

No Summer!!!!!! I'm not. :lol

ATRAIN
10-23-2009, 08:01 AM

Kim Phung?

ATRAIN
10-23-2009, 08:02 AM

Yeah I had some Pho the other day with rare steak, damn that shit is good.

I. Hustle
10-23-2009, 08:03 AM
If you want Chinese food in Austin then hit up First Wok on Stassney and 1st. That place is the BOMB

I. Hustle
10-23-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm assuming it's this?

Phad Gratium - Choice of chicken, beef or pork, stir fried with garlic sauce, white pepper and green onion.

That'll be lunch tomorrow.

That sounds like it. That stuff is awesome. I never go too hot though so I just do a 5 or 6.

ATRAIN
10-23-2009, 08:10 AM
If you want Chinese food in Austin then hit up First Wok on Stassney and 1st. That place is the BOMB

LOL one of my buddies made it a point to stop there when he was in town, its good but I wouldnt make a special trip to go there.

I. Hustle
10-23-2009, 08:19 AM
LOL one of my buddies made it a point to stop there when he was in town, its good but I wouldnt make a special trip to go there.

What are you talking about?The Lo Mein is probably the best I ever had!!!

JudynTX
10-23-2009, 08:20 AM
What do you all think of egg rolls? :lol Love 'em, hate 'em?

blizz
10-23-2009, 08:32 AM
love em....but again..thai chili has these summer rolls with this peanut sauce that is fucking amazing. damn i'm already hungry but now need to decide between thai food and five guys

I. Hustle
10-23-2009, 08:34 AM
love em....but again..thai chili has these summer rolls with this peanut sauce that is fucking amazing. damn i'm already hungry but now need to decide between thai food and five guys

NO! You have to get Thai since I can't.

TDMVPDPOY
10-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Yeah I had some Pho the other day with rare steak, damn that shit is good.

rare steak as in beef or buffalo? both are nice anyway...

you should learn how to cook it, its fkn easy and cheap as the price you spend at a shop eating you can cook it at home for a family of 4-5 to last for a 2-3 days....

TDMVPDPOY
10-23-2009, 08:48 AM

if you cbf purchasing the peanut sauce or making it urself when making them rolls at home, you can use peanut butter spread...trust me it taste the same with the peanut butter spread

blizz
10-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Thai it is...but i'll have to hit up the one on stone oak cuz i hit the one on thousand oaks yesterday.

Dex
10-23-2009, 09:26 AM
There is this place by my work that has this awesome chicken sandwich: the Ragin' Cajun. It's a spicy fried chicken breast w/ bacon, cheddar, and ranch on a jalapeno bun. The damn thing is outrageous. I've tried to duplicate it several times, but can never get it quite right. I think it's the bun that sets it off.

That's the one thing I still get really get a craving for, and it's bad. If I ever leave Austin or if that place shuts down, I'm gonna be an unhappy camper.

mrsmaalox
10-23-2009, 09:39 AM
I've got to head to Target in a while and I will definitely stock up on some of their Choxie Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt bars----I've definitely had that craving.

tlongIII
10-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Earlier today my dad said he was craving some young Asian clams.

robino2001
10-23-2009, 12:00 PM
There is this place by my work that has this awesome chicken sandwich: the Ragin' Cajun. It's a spicy fried chicken breast w/ bacon, cheddar, and ranch on a jalapeno bun. The damn thing is outrageous. I've tried to duplicate it several times, but can never get it quite right. I think it's the bun that sets it off.

That's the one thing I still get really get a craving for, and it's bad. If I ever leave Austin or if that place shuts down, I'm gonna be an unhappy camper.

sounds good - where at?

Dex
10-23-2009, 12:41 PM
sounds good - where at?

Riata Bar & Grill. Northside, off of Riata Trace Pkwy.

http://www.riatabarandgrill.com/

Nice little sports bar with great eats. Also a good place to catch Longhorns games or other NFL/NBA games. Lots of TVs and pretty good visibility.

robino2001
10-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Riata Bar & Grill. Northside, off of Riata Trace Pkwy.

http://www.riatabarandgrill.com/

Nice little sports bar with great eats. Also a good place to catch Longhorns games or other NFL/NBA games. Lots of TVs and pretty good visibility.

Nice - I work probably a half mile from there but never been back in there before. Will have to check it out sometime.

David Bowie
10-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I am always craving Thai food. :) I go to Dok Bua Kitchen (in Boston, MA) about once a week. I have also learned how to make a few Thai dishes myself. I don't really have a favorite, but I dotend to get Mango chicken curry quite a bit.

katyon6th
10-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm craving the mozzarella ball appetizer from Dough. Total mouthgasm.

Dex
10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Nice - I work probably a half mile from there but never been back in there before. Will have to check it out sometime.

That's cool, I highly recommend it. They also have good burgers and nachos.

Whereabouts do you work? I'm over by Parmer and Riata Vista at the big Apple complex.

AmericanWoman
10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm craving a Reese's peanut butter cup.

robino2001
10-23-2009, 06:32 PM
That's cool, I highly recommend it. They also have good burgers and nachos.

Whereabouts do you work? I'm over by Parmer and Riata Vista at the big Apple complex.

On Technology Blvd, 183 between Oak Knoll and McNeil... that place looks like a good option for lunch next week. I'll have to drag a few coworkers along.

Dex
10-23-2009, 06:53 PM
On Technology Blvd, 183 between Oak Knoll and McNeil... that place looks like a good option for lunch next week. I'll have to drag a few coworkers along.

:lol You really are just a long stones throw away.

Beware the lunch rush; place is usually pretty busy from 12-1. They're pretty good about it and are used to accommodating the workers, but it can definitely take a little longer to get your food. Fortunately the big rush seems to clear out mostly after 1 though.

baseline bum
10-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Man, I'm craving me some PF Changs. :hungry:

The Kung Pao scallops there are incredible.

Please don't tell me they eat dog/cats.

Pho is awesome, as are Vietnamese sandwiches. Can you even get that stuff in San Antonio? Man, there's an awesome Vietnamese sandwich place called Lee's Sandwiches down in Westminster that's also cheap as hell for anyone in the LA area. Also, one of my Vietnamese friends tells me dog is a great drinking food back in Vietnam. I'll take his word on that though. :lol

According to my friends from Vietnam, it's pronounced more like "Fu-uh"

As for food near SA, I could go for some fatty brisket and some sausage from City Market in Luling.

TDMVPDPOY
10-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Pho is awesome, as are Vietnamese sandwiches. Can you even get that stuff in San Antonio? Man, there's an awesome Vietnamese sandwich place called Lee's Sandwiches down in Westminster that's also cheap as hell for anyone in the LA area.

you talkin about them cheap pork rolls? those sort of businesses clean up alot of money man, and they are cheap to make....what they charge like? $3-$5, cheaper than subway, fresher....doesnt make you take a shit, hey just make sure you dont get a salmonella roll lmao....

you should try out there 3-4 color drinks its really nice, its more like a desert while eating ur main lol....
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/2917451227_d81983d233.jpg
its coconut meat juice + red beans + green jelly + meshed ice, mixed it all up..
or try vietnamese blend black ice coffee...it very addictive

http://www.homehints.com.au/images/articles/sml/2184.jpg
another great export from the french to vn is their caramel custards...lol i got a dozen in the fridge, i know this chef who makes them we just taxed it off him free lmao.

Fpoonsie
10-23-2009, 10:32 PM

As for food near SA, I could go for some fatty brisket and some sausage from City Market in Luling.

:lol Really? Huh.

If I go to one of my Pho places and they look at me like I'm a ruh-tard...

:ihit

RashoFan
10-23-2009, 11:09 PM
sushi....

mrsmaalox
10-23-2009, 11:20 PM
OMG you people crave some weird ass crap. What about normal stuff like ham sandwiches or a strawberry shake?

xellos88330
10-24-2009, 12:23 AM
OMG you people crave some weird ass crap. What about normal stuff like ham sandwiches or a strawberry shake?

Ham sandwiches and Strawberry shakes?

That is wierd. :D

I prefer Ghim-Bab from korean grocery stores. Or shrimp chips. Those are tasty.

baseline bum
10-24-2009, 12:25 AM
:lol Really? Huh.

If I go to one of my Pho places and they look at me like I'm a ruh-tard...

:ihit

I think it's really hard for an English speaker to say pho correctly. It has this kind of weird raise in tone when you say it that I have only heard native speakers get right, and it's not exactly fu-uh (but that's the closest approximation I can come up with).

TDMVPDPOY
10-24-2009, 01:00 AM
I think it's really hard for an English speaker to say pho correctly. It has this kind of weird raise in tone when you say it that I have only heard native speakers get right, and it's not exactly fu-uh (but that's the closest approximation I can come up with).

dude they usually just say special beef, large plz

i remember i had a international chinese student living at my place, we would always go special beef, lets just say that was one expensive special beef i ever had, fkn car parking fine + special beef = $150....

not craving anything atm, but havin another ham cheese tomato crosaint.....got 3 more to chow down

Summers
10-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Kim Phung?

Yes! I couldn't think of the name. I used to work about a block from there.