PDA

View Full Version : Bryant misses game to be with ailing wife

ducks
04-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Bryant misses game to be with ailing wife
April 15, 2005

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kobe Bryant missed the Lakers' game against Sacramento on Friday night to be with his wife, who had an ectopic pregnancy.

Vanessa Bryant has undergone several tests the last two days and Bryant was with her, the team said. He missed practice Thursday, a team charity event that night and practice Friday.

Bryant will remain with his wife, and his status for the final three games of the season is unknown, the team said. The Lakers didn't qualify for the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
``He's doing the right thing being with his wife,'' Lakers coach Frank Hamblen said.

The Bryants have a 2-year-old daughter.

The Lakers provided no details on Vanessa Bryant's condition.

An ectopic pregnancy occurs when a fertilized egg implants outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube. A small number of women die each year in the United States because of ectopic pregnancies, which can cause infertility.

missmyzte
04-15-2005, 11:55 PM
That sucks for them, best wishes to them both.

desflood
04-16-2005, 12:08 AM
I hope you're joking. If you are, it's not funny.

Kori Ellis
04-16-2005, 02:11 AM
That's horrible. I hope she's okay -- physically and emotionally.

alamo50
04-16-2005, 07:24 AM
WTF is this doing in the Spurs section?

ducks
04-16-2005, 09:10 AM
I think maybe kobe might be growing up

boutons
04-16-2005, 09:15 AM
Supermarket Tabloid Forum

Gerryatrics
04-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Well, I for one am more concerned with Mrs. Bryant's health then a misplaced post. I hope she makes it out OK with no lasting health problems.

bonesinaz
04-16-2005, 11:54 AM
This is the first time I have felt bad for Kobe.

I hope she wil heal quickly.

boutons
04-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Nobody should wish ill health on anybody, but this f'all to do with the Spurs.

I think we should shoot the messger. :)

Kori Ellis
04-16-2005, 12:09 PM
I think you should :stfu and stop policing my forum. If I want it moved, I'll move it.

SpursWoman
04-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I hope they caught that before it ruptured....those are scary indeed. :(

T Park
04-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Can a woman give us a clean, kind of description of what that is for us morons like me.

Once again, if its serious, I hope she is ok.

Gotta feel bad for Kobe in this instance.

SpursWoman
04-16-2005, 12:52 PM
It's when the egg is fertilized and plants itself in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus. The fallopian tube is tiny and not equipped to handle a growing fetus, so as it grows it stretches (which is excrutiatingly painful) and eventually will rupture....it can definitely be fatal to the woman from the hemorrhaging....and these babies have a zero mortality rate.

It's like when the appendix bursts X 100, and very sad.

:(

Shelly
04-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Tpark, the fetus attached itself to the fallopian tube instead of the womb.

Kori Ellis
04-16-2005, 12:57 PM
TPark, it basically means that her baby will die and there's a chance that a lot of different things may happen to her -- from becoming very ill to never being able to conceive again and in some cases even death.

whottt
04-16-2005, 01:00 PM
I knew a girl once that this happened too...and she did lose the baby, and her ability to have children. I think she had all sorts of long term abdominal problems from it also...It was awful.

Shelly
04-16-2005, 01:04 PM
A friend's wife had one and ended up having a miscarriage. She had two kids after that. I guess it just depends.

whottt
04-16-2005, 01:13 PM
This is also known as a tube pregnancy or something like that right?

This girl I knew didn't call it an ectopic pregnancy, she called it a tube pregnancy or tuber pregnancy, something like that...but it messed her up badly...really badly.

But she described it the exactly same way...the baby got caught in her felopian tubes, and I think they basically had to abort it or she was going to die. I didn't really ask her for the details.

1Parker1
04-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Wow, I wish them both well. Nobody deserves this, I can't even begin to imagine how painful it must be for Vanessa.

san antonio spurs
04-16-2005, 01:35 PM
best wishes for the bryant's family.
but does it matter if the lady is younger or not? cuz I thought this would matter in her ability to concieve again. any thought?
In this case,vanessa will have maybe babies again.
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

SpursWoman
04-16-2005, 01:53 PM
If it's caught early, they can give a shot that will basically dissolve the *blockage* from the tube...there may be a little scarring which could block any future eggs from being released, but she still has another one....so her chances of getting pregnant again are cut in half, basically.

I think the story would have been a lot different if it actually had ruptured...that's a very big deal. She should be fine. :)

dcole50
04-16-2005, 02:03 PM
this is awful news. i hope all is well for mrs. bryant and her family.

Sonia_TX
04-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Of course I'm not a Kobe fan, but I wouldn't wish this on anybody. It's sad. I hope everything turns out well for them.

EasilyAmused
04-16-2005, 03:40 PM
That is awful! Hope everything will be fine.

but does it matter if the lady is younger or not?

It doesent matter how old you are, what matters is that they caught it on time. I have a friend who lost the baby and lost the ability to have another child because of that. She was only 24.

flacoflee
04-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Kobe has had a ruff couple of years. I hope everything turns out okay for his wife. They will be in my prayers.

King
04-16-2005, 04:48 PM
With an ectopic pregnancy, I believe the mortality rate for the woman is something like 1 in 2000. Prayers to them.

desflood
04-16-2005, 06:09 PM
This is also known as a tube pregnancy or something like that right?

This girl I knew didn't call it an ectopic pregnancy, she called it a tube pregnancy or tuber pregnancy, something like that...but it messed her up badly...really badly.

But she described it the exactly same way...the baby got caught in her felopian tubes, and I think they basically had to abort it or she was going to die. I didn't really ask her for the details.
Yes, it's called a tubal pregnancy.

pjjrfan
04-16-2005, 06:19 PM
My prayers go out to him and his wife, this is a very scary thing, I've never heard of it, but just from what people are posting this is a bad thing for any person to have to go through.

Rummpd
04-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Prayers to both of them.

desflood
04-16-2005, 07:50 PM
My hat's off to her. I doubt I could ever have another child with a man I knew had slept outside of our marriage at least once. She's a much bigger person than me.

Dre_7
04-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Prayers with her and her fam!

ducks
04-17-2005, 03:10 PM
• Bryant returns to Lakers
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kobe Bryant returned to the Los Angeles Lakers' lineup Sunday after missing a game to be with his wife, who had an ectopic pregnancy.

Bryant called Lakers trainer Gary Vitti early in the day to say he'd be playing against the Dallas Mavericks. The team had no further information and Bryant wasn't available before the game.

Bryant is also expected to play in the regular-season's final two games -- Monday night at Golden State and Wednesday night at Portland. The Lakers, who entered having lost 16 of 18 games to fall out of playoff contention, won't be playing in the postseason for the first time in 11 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
Bryant sat out Friday night's 115-106 loss to the Sacramento Kings. He also missed practice Thursday, a team charity event that night, and practice Friday and Saturday to be with his wife, who underwent several tests during that time period.

The Bryants also have a 2-year-old daughter.

An ectopic pregnancy occurs when a fertilized egg implants outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube. A small number of women die each year in the United States because of ectopic pregnancies, which can cause infertility.

vincerodriguez23
04-17-2005, 03:57 PM
wow, i hope everything goes ok. God must be punishing Kobe for cheating on his wife.

Dre_7
04-17-2005, 04:01 PM
God must be punishing Kobe for cheating on his wife.

I strongly disagree!!

Thats a cold thing to say man.

whottt
04-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Seriously...this problem is hurting the wife more than it is Kobe.

Dre_7
04-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Seriously...this problem is hurting the wife more than it is Kobe.

Exactly.

Its very sad.

50 cent
04-17-2005, 07:28 PM
My older sister had 2 of these after having her first child and can no longer conceive.

I hope Vanessa has no long term problems - she has gone through a lot at her young age.

iminlakerland
04-17-2005, 07:30 PM
So God punishes Kobe by having this happen to Vanessa? Ummm ok...interesting.

Anywho im glad that Vanessa is ok. Very sad situation, wouldnt wish it upon anyone.

vincerodriguez23
04-18-2005, 03:17 AM
wow, i hope everything goes ok. God must be punishing Kobe for cheating on his wife.

I didnt really mean it like that. I heard on Sports Sunday that Vanessa is expected for a full recovery, but she lost the baby. Im glad Vanessa will be ok, but its unfortunate that they lost their child. Im happy things are turning out ok for both Kobe and Vanessa. God bless them.