PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin not endorcing the Republican Candidate

Wild Cobra
10-22-2009, 10:22 PM
... in the 23rd district of NY.

She is endorsing the conservative Party candidate, Doug Hoffman.

NY-23: Palin Endorses Conservative Party Candidate Hoffman (http://www.swingstateproject.com/diary/5774/ny23-palin-endorses-conservative-party-candidate-hoffman)

Sarah Palin: Support Doug Hoffman (http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=157794838434):

Support Doug Hoffman
Today at 5:28pm
The people of the 23rd Congressional District of New York are ready to shake things up, and Doug Hoffman is coming on strong as Election Day approaches! He needs our help now.

The votes of every member of Congress affect every American, so it's important for all of us to pay attention to this important Congressional campaign in upstate New York. I am very pleased to announce my support for Doug Hoffman in his fight to be the next Representative from New York's 23rd Congressional district. It's my honor to endorse Doug and to do what I can to help him win, including having my political action committee, SarahPAC, donate to his campaign the maximum contribution allowed by law.

Our nation is at a crossroads, and this is once again a "time for choosing."

The federal government borrows, spends, and prints too much money, while our national debt hits a record high. Government is growing while the private sector is shrinking, and unemployment is on the rise. Doug Hoffman is committed to ending the reckless spending in Washington, D.C. and the massive increase in the size and scope of the federal government. He is also fully committed to supporting our men and women in uniform as they seek to honorably complete their missions overseas.

And best of all, Doug Hoffman has not been anointed by any political machine.

Doug Hoffman stands for the principles that all Republicans should share: smaller government, lower taxes, strong national defense, and a commitment to individual liberty.

Political parties must stand for something. When Republicans were in the wilderness in the late 1970s, Ronald Reagan knew that the doctrine of "blurring the lines" between parties was not an appropriate way to win elections. Unfortunately, the Republican Party today has decided to choose a candidate who more than blurs the lines, and there is no real difference between the Democrat and the Republican in this race. This is why Doug Hoffman is running on the Conservative Party's ticket.

Republicans and conservatives around the country are sending an important message to the Republican establishment in their outstanding grassroots support for Doug Hoffman: no more politics as usual.

You can help Doug by visiting his official website below and joining me in supporting his campaign:
http://www.doughoffmanforcongress.com/donate3.html.

- Sarah Palin

This ought to be good. Gingrich is supporting the Republican.

Wild Cobra
10-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Wow... No hits on this thread yet?

Well, he will be getting a check from me.

clambake
10-23-2009, 12:04 AM
why don't you write us a check for keeping you alive?

Winehole23
10-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Sarah who?

baseline bum
10-23-2009, 02:59 AM
So she's finally doing something positive for the Republican party?

PixelPusher
10-23-2009, 03:03 AM
Sarah who?
She's on Facebook.

fyatuk
10-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Still think someone running for office should not be allowed to receive donations from people and organizations that are not part of the area they'd represent.

101A
10-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Still think someone running for office should not be allowed to receive donations from people and organizations that are not part of the area they'd represent.

I agree.

Obama should have to give back all that international money he received.

BTW, don't look for politicians to go shutting down that gravy train anytime soon.

I think it is a very good thing that a national political figure would endorse a third party candidate. Mock Palin all you wish, but 12 months ago she was the Republican candidate for vice-president, now she is specifically NOT endorsing a Republican. Anyone still think she is going to run for a shot at the Republican ticket in '12; probably NOT how to get there, this.

Much as I admire Ralph Nader for his consistent left stance - not a partisan, an idealogue, I admire Palin for this.

Along with the Tea Party movement trying to eschew ties to the Republican party, this is a good thing. Hopefully a beginning.

101A
10-23-2009, 08:03 AM
:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

Stop the presses Bernstein!

Foreigners aren't supposed to give money to POTUS candidates!

Where did you receive this information?! Can you verify it!? PM me and I'll make sure this is front page news in the Houston Chronicle!

Allegedly; just getting in my partisan chuck of the day. NOT the main point of my post, btw; need to remember that such things are too distracting to ignore.

Here's a link, btw (RNC allegations, fwiw):

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE4942Z720081005

Other news accounts suggest that roughly 11,500 donors who gave a total of $34 million to the campaign may be citizens of foreign countries, who are not allowed to contribute to U.S. elections, the RNC said.

Wild Cobra
10-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I generally agree, but there's nobody in my home state I want to give to. I'll gladly support a conservative third party candidate that has a chance.

clambake
10-23-2009, 10:06 AM
why did you have to wait for palin to endorse this guy?

SnakeBoy
10-23-2009, 11:05 AM
I'll gladly support a conservative third party candidate that has a chance.

That has a chance? They won't have a chance unless people support them and if people won't support them unless they have a chance then...well you get the point.

spursncowboys
10-23-2009, 11:06 AM
That has a chance? They won't have a chance unless people support them and if people won't support them unless they have a chance then...well you get the point.
That same kind of thinking is what got us Bill Clinton.

MannyIsGod
10-23-2009, 11:16 AM
I agree.

Obama should have to give back all that international money he received.

BTW, don't look for politicians to go shutting down that gravy train anytime soon.

I think it is a very good thing that a national political figure would endorse a third party candidate. Mock Palin all you wish, but 12 months ago she was the Republican candidate for vice-president, now she is specifically NOT endorsing a Republican. Anyone still think she is going to run for a shot at the Republican ticket in '12; probably NOT how to get there, this.

Much as I admire Ralph Nader for his consistent left stance - not a partisan, an idealogue, I admire Palin for this.

Along with the Tea Party movement trying to eschew ties to the Republican party, this is a good thing. Hopefully a beginning.

Funny as hell you bought up Ralph Nader because he and Palin have something very much in common:

They're both in it for themselves.

MannyIsGod
10-23-2009, 11:16 AM

Bill Clinton as in the best president in the past 20 years Bill Clinton?

spursncowboys
10-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Bill Clinton as in the best president in the past 20 years Bill Clinton? Ross Perot would have been better.

Wild Cobra
10-23-2009, 11:40 AM
why did you have to wait for palin to endorse this guy?
Because I don't look at all 435 house or the 33/34 senate races. I wasn't aware of his conservative 3rd party status until I read the article.

Have any in Texas I should send a check to?

Wild Cobra
10-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Yes it did. That's why we need runoff elections when a candidate doesn't get a majority.

Wild Cobra
10-23-2009, 11:42 AM
That's a matter of perspective and standards. I disagree with your assessment.

MannyIsGod
10-23-2009, 11:42 AM
That's a matter of perspective and standards. I disagree with your assessment.

I'm shocked.

Wild Cobra
10-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Ross Perot would have been better.
Yes, absolutely better.

clambake
10-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Because I don't look at all 435 house or the 33/34 senate races. I wasn't aware of his conservative 3rd party status until I read the article.
thinking he is just because palin said so is laughable.

Have any in Texas I should send a check to?

i don't follow texas politics.

101A
10-23-2009, 02:24 PM

Bar ain't that high.

exstatic
10-23-2009, 10:23 PM

Bill 8 years of unbroken prosperity Clinton?

ducks
10-24-2009, 12:39 AM
computers made clinton
he was to busy getting blown

DMX7
10-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Yes, absolutely better.

LMFAO. :lol

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Sarah Palin is an irrational hillbilly bitch

symple19
10-24-2009, 01:48 AM
Funny as hell you bought up Ralph Nader because he and Palin have something very much in common:

They're both in it for themselves.

Sarah who?

Sarah Palin is an irrational hillbilly bitch

+999999999 :tu