PDA

View Full Version : Girl found in NY doesnt know who she is

phyzik
10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7079278

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wabc/cms_exf_2007/_video_wn_images/7079314_600x338.jpg

Estimated to be between 14 and 17 years old
by Lakisha Bostick, Eyewitness News

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police and New York City Administration for Children's Services are asking for help in identifying a young woman who doesn't know who she is.

She's estimated to be between 14 and 17 years old.

The girl was found two weeks ago in Midtown and says she has no memory of her name, her home or her family.

"She is safe with us, and we are doing all we can to help her, but she needs to find her family," ACS Commissioner, John B. Mattingly said.

She says she just wants to know who she is and what happened to her.

At one point recently, she wrote down the name "Amber," and responded to the name on one occasion, but she says she has no idea whether or not it is her name.

More on Young woman:

The young woman is 5'6" tall; white, medium build, light complexion, short, straight blonde hair and blue eyes. She is very soft-spoken, likes to read and write, and has no discernable accent. She recently found herself recalling the words to what turns out to be an excerpt from a fantasy novel called "Fools Fete" by the author Robin Hobb. She says she has been writing a fantasy story featuring a heroine named Rian "who's been raised by the commander of the guard post on the edge of a fantasy kingdom. "

She has been reviewing materials designed to pass a GED exam for high school; she says she's able to do the math, and has no memory of previously reading the history and science materials but can easily retain the information.

If you recognize her, you're asked to call police at 212-694-7781, so she can be reunited with her family.

BacktoBasics
10-23-2009, 10:31 AM
I wonder if she's related to that dual gender runner.

phyzik
10-23-2009, 10:32 AM

:lol yeah, she's not exactly a looker.

clambake
10-23-2009, 10:34 AM
she looks like a young john candy.

rjv
10-23-2009, 10:34 AM
has she been diagnosed with any trauma disorder? have there been any attempts made to jog her memory?

ashbeeigh
10-23-2009, 10:56 AM
wow. That's pretty horrible. That has to be a horrible trauma to have lost every sense of who you are, whether it was a physical injury or a mental one.

phyzik
10-23-2009, 11:02 AM
I think I would probably be reduced to tears if I couldn't recall anything about myself. That's gotta be a scary ass feeling.

Soul_Patch
10-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I think she is really the Balloon Boy's dad, in costume, trying to get his show off the ground...
:hat

Trainwreck2100
10-23-2009, 11:58 AM
it must be confusing when she looks in the mirror and sees what is supposed to be a woman staring back

clambake
10-23-2009, 12:02 PM
she also looks a little like jon cryer.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-23-2009, 12:05 PM
He must have forgotten what sex he was, too.

SpursSecurity
10-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Is that the girl Steve Phillips slept with?

fatsack
10-23-2009, 04:11 PM
I bet she's got a balloon too.

Spursfan092120
10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
very sad...hope she finds her answers soon.

desflood
10-23-2009, 04:28 PM

:lol yeah, she's not exactly a looker.

she looks like a young john candy.

it must be confusing when she looks in the mirror and sees what is supposed to be a woman staring back

she also looks a little like jon cryer.

He must have forgotten what sex he was, too.
Make fun of a little girl with amnesia. That's nice.

I. Hustle
10-23-2009, 04:32 PM

Yeah real nice you a-holes! What if that was your daughter/niece? Huh? Would it be so effing hilarious then?!

I. Hustle
10-23-2009, 04:33 PM
:lol look at me acting like I care and stuff.:lol

Spursfan092120
10-23-2009, 04:33 PM
this....

that's pretty fucked up, guys.

desflood
10-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah real nice you a-holes! What if that was your daughter/niece? Huh? Would it be so effing hilarious then?!
Wow. I didn't realize that the phrase "oozing sarcasm" could be so accurate.

I. Hustle
10-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Wow. I didn't realize that the phrase "oozing sarcasm" could be so accurate.

It was in reference to them. I was pretending to be on your side.

WAIT! You're a chick?!

desflood
10-23-2009, 04:42 PM
It was in reference to them. I was pretending to be on your side.

WAIT! You're a chick?!
Yeah.

They and I have all been here long enough to know that if somebody makes an asshole statement about a kid, I'll call 'em out about it. I anticipate being the recipient of several AWOTW awards :lol

pkbpkb81
10-23-2009, 04:48 PM
very sad...hope she finds her answers soon.

she looks like your wife

Spursfan092120
10-23-2009, 04:50 PM
she looks like your wife
wow...sounds like an uncreative comment from a butthurt Sooners fan that can't handle honest criticism about his shit ass team..

dallaskd
10-23-2009, 04:51 PM
This bitch just doesnt know how to handle her LSD..

Heath Ledger
10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
That is Miami Heat! Don't worry Heat you will be back with your family soon.

pkbpkb81
10-23-2009, 06:15 PM
wow...sounds like an uncreative comment from a butthurt Sooners fan that can't handle honest criticism about his shit ass team..

it had nothing to do with collage football i just know you monitor spurs talk waiting for someone to say your name.......I don't know your wife so don't get all butt hurt again take a pill or something

symple19
10-24-2009, 02:05 AM
it had nothing to do with collage football i just know you monitor spurs talk waiting for someone to say your name.......I don't know your wife so don't get all butt hurt again take a pill or something

Dammit, how many times does this need to be said...It's not his wife, it's his sister!!

eyeh8u
10-24-2009, 02:09 AM
i wonder how this thread would have turned out if she was hot

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2009, 07:31 AM
wow this is random :/

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2009, 07:31 AM
i wonder how this thread would have turned out if she was hot

hm that is a good point

ashbeeigh
10-26-2009, 09:15 AM
We know who she is.

[18-Year Old Kacie Peterson Identified as Times Square Mystery Teen
By Caleb Hannan in News
Monday, Oct. 26 2009 @ 6:01AM

kacie peterson.jpg
Kacie Peterson was missing from her Washington home for three weeks.
​When an 18-year-old girl first showed up at the door of a Times Square shelter on October 9th she didn't know her name, where she was from or how she'd gotten to New York City. The Kitsap County Sheriff's office can now provide answers to two of those questions.

Working with New York police, Kitsap officials have identified the mystery teen as Kacie Peterson of Hanville, Wa. Peterson, whose apparently had previous bouts of amnesia, was reported missing by her family on October 2nd. They're now en route to New York to pick her up.

When Peterson showed up to the shelter she was wearing tattered clothes and didn't have I.D. Although she could tell Children's Services the name of the main character of a fantasy fiction novel she was writing, she couldn't tell them her own.

Peterson's father told the sheriff his daughter once disappeared from the family's home. When she was found hours later she was lying on a creek bank and couldn't explain how she'd gotten there.

Police say the tip that broke the mystery came from an as-yet-unidentified caller. We'll keep you posted when updates are available.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2009/10/18-year_old_kacie_peterson_ide.php

ashbeeigh
10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
jajajajaja la chica es patético.

Wow. I really don't like you.

She needs to see a neurologist to find out what is wrong with her. There is probably a lesion or something buried deep within her brain that needs to be fixed or removed. There is nothing pathetic about this. She needs help.