PDA

View Full Version : Rahm Emanuel put a horse’s head in Roger Ailes’s bed.

DarrinS
10-23-2009, 10:47 AM
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZTNhZGQxYzVmMjU4NjY3NTIwMWFjMDQ0ZjJlODM0MzA=

Rahm Emanuel once sent a dead fish to a live pollster. Now he’s put a horse’s head in Roger Ailes’s bed.

Not very subtle. And not very smart. Ailes doesn’t scare easily.

The White House has declared war on Fox News. White House communications director Anita Dunn said that Fox is “opinion journalism masquerading as news.” Patting rival networks on the head for their authenticity (read: docility), senior adviser David Axelrod declared Fox “not really a news station.” And Chief of Staff Emanuel told (warned?) the other networks not to “be led (by) and following Fox.”

Meaning? If Fox runs a story critical of the administration — from exposing White House czar Van Jones as a loony 9/11 “truther” to exhaustively examining the mathematical chicanery and hidden loopholes in proposed health-care legislation — the other news organizations should think twice before following the lead.

The signal to corporations is equally clear: You might have dealings with a federal behemoth that not only disburses more than $3 trillion every year but is extending its reach ever deeper into private industry — finance, autos, soon health care and energy. Think twice before you run an ad on Fox.

At first, there was little reaction from other media. Then on Thursday, the administration tried to make them complicit in an actual boycott of Fox. The Treasury Department made available Ken Feinberg, the executive pay czar, for interviews with the White House “pool” news organizations — except Fox. The other networks admirably refused, saying they would not interview Feinberg unless Fox was permitted to as well. The administration backed down.

This was an important defeat because there’s a principle at stake here. While government can and should debate and criticize opposition voices, the current White House goes beyond that. It wants to delegitimize any significant dissent. The objective is no secret. White House aides openly told Politico that they’re engaged in a deliberate campaign to marginalize and ostracize recalcitrants, from Fox to health insurers to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

There’s nothing illegal about such search-and-destroy tactics. Nor unconstitutional. But our politics are defined not just by limits of legality or constitutionality. We have norms, Madisonian norms.

Madison argued that the safety of a great republic, its defense against tyranny, requires the contest between factions or interests. His insight was to understand “the greater security afforded by a greater variety of parties.” They would help guarantee liberty by checking and balancing and restraining each other — and an otherwise imperious government.

Factions should compete, but also recognize the legitimacy of other factions and, indeed, their necessity for a vigorous self-regulating democracy. Seeking to deliberately undermine, delegitimize, and destroy is not Madisonian. It is Nixonian.

But didn’t Teddy Roosevelt try to destroy the trusts? Of course, but what he took down was monopoly power that was extinguishing smaller independent competing interests. Fox News is no monopoly. It is a singular minority in a sea of liberal media. ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, NPR, CNN, MSNBC vs. Fox. The lineup is so unbalanced as to be comical — and that doesn’t even include the other commanding heights of the culture that are firmly, flagrantly liberal: Hollywood, the foundations, the universities, the elite newspapers.

Fox and its viewers (numbering more than CNN’s and MSNBC’s combined) need no defense. Defend Fox compared to whom? To CNN — which recently unleashed its fact-checkers on a Saturday Night Live skit mildly critical of President Obama, but did no checking of a grotesquely racist remark CNN falsely attributed to Rush Limbaugh?

Defend Fox from whom? Fox’s flagship 6 o’clock evening news out of Washington (hosted by Bret Baier, formerly by Brit Hume) is, to my mind, the best hour of news on television. (Definitive evidence: My mother watches it even on the odd night when I’m not on.) Defend Fox from the likes of Anita Dunn? She’s been attacked for extolling Mao’s political philosophy in a speech at a high-school graduation. But the critics miss the surpassing stupidity of her larger point: She was invoking Mao as support and authority for her impassioned plea for individuality and trusting one’s own choices. Mao as champion of individuality? Mao, the greatest imposer of mass uniformity in modern history, creator of a slave society of a near-billion worker bees wearing Mao suits and waving the Little Red Book?

The White House communications director cannot be trusted to address high schoolers without uttering inanities. She and her cohorts are now to instruct the country on truth and objectivity?

clambake
10-23-2009, 10:52 AM
thats weird. a fox commentator (thats on fox every day) complaining about the white house.

what do you think. DitheringS? you forgot the latest catch phrase.

DarrinS
10-23-2009, 10:57 AM
thats weird. a fox commentator (thats on fox every day) complaining about the white house.

what do you think. DitheringS? you forgot the latest catch phrase.

What did you think about this part, you stupid fuck?

The other networks admirably refused, saying they would not interview Feinberg unless Fox was permitted to as well. The administration backed down.

clambake
10-23-2009, 11:06 AM
you think its unusual for them to want to maginalize fox news, DitheringS.

it looks like the other networks have integrity......unlike the "he's an arab terrorist anti-christ" network.

DarrinS
10-23-2009, 11:55 AM
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/blogs/index.php/rubin/138612

In its mindless war against Fox, the White House tried to ban Fox News from the White House press pool that was to interview the “pay czar,” Kenneth Feinberg. (Yes, it was a nice touch of imperial irony that the effort to cut off access to a particular news outlet came in the context of an interview of an administrative official who is not subject to congressional confirmation or oversight and whose job it is to dictate compensation rules to private firms that were bullied into taking government bailouts.) The mainstream media’s collective spine stiffened, and the administration was forced to back down.

This is hugely revealing for several reasons. First, the administration is digging in and doubling down even though its conduct has invited scorn from pundits of every political persuasion and become the object of ridicule. The belligerence is remarkable and suggests that the White House behaves in illogical and self-destructive ways. (Attention pundits: stop looking for rational explanations for the Obamis’ irrational behavior.)

Second, the administration is doing the impossible — offending the mainstream press and forcing some of Fox’s toughest critics to ride to its defense. Nice work, fellas.

Third, it’s disturbing that at a time when we still lack a strategy decision on Afghanistan, unemployment is sky high, and health-care reform is in disarray, this is what consumes the White House. For an administration that was supposed to transcend petty partisanship, it has become, yes, the spitting image of the Nixon White House — defensive, vengeful, and self-destructive.

It’s a cringe-inducing moment, both for those who oppose the White House on policy grounds and those who cheer its every move. As surely as Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton allowed their personal flaws to erode the office of the presidency, Obama seems bent on allowing his own flaws (thin-skinnedness, hubris) to do potentially grave damage to the office as well. And over what? Not some grand policy matter or some key personnel matter, but over the desire to exclude a news network that has criticized him. For those who suggested that Obama’s main selling point was his “superior temperament,” we anxiously await an admission of grave error. It seems they were terribly mistaken

clambake
10-23-2009, 11:59 AM
thanks for posting another hate rag, DitheringS.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Darrin thinks this is really important.

boutons_deux
10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Typical dickless right-wingers, like Faux, they love to sling the shit, but when somebody slings it back, they bitch and whine and whimper and claim persecution and foul play.

DarrinS
10-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Typical dickless right-wingers, like Faux, they love to sling the shit, but when somebody slings it back, they bitch and whine and whimper and claim persecution and foul play.

:sleep

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 12:23 PM
The Washington Chief Bureaus think this is really important.

fify.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
fify.What do you think is important?

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 12:27 PM
What do you think is important?

God
Family
Country
Big 12 football
Spurs.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 12:28 PM
God
Family
Country
Big 12 football
Spurs.So how does God work in your life to guide your posting on the internet?

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 12:30 PM
So how does God work in your life to guide your posting on the internet?

God is sovereign.. He allowed my post to occur, just like he allowed you to get pwned by your initial statement and your grammar problem in the other thread.

God works in obvious ways.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 12:31 PM
God is sovereign.. He allowed my post to occur.So he has no real influence on your life.

I can believe that.

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 12:34 PM
So he has no real influence on your life.

I can believe that.

Ofcourse he does.. just not in the way you intend to.:lmao

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Ofcourse he does.. just not in the way you intend to.:lmaoSounds like he almost has an influence on your life. :lol

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Sounds like he almost has an influence on your life. :lol

:toast

I'll take whatever close to a compliment, even though sarcastic, i can get from you.

One day.. maybe all of us can almost have a genuine interaction with you.

Or maybe one day you could almost take a position on something.

Heck! you're almost over Yoni. Good job! LOL!

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 12:46 PM
One day.. maybe all of us can almost have a genuine interaction with you.Are interactions here with you genuine?

Do you really want a genuine interaction with me?

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Are interactions here with you genuine?

1. Depends on the subject.

2. That's a deep philosiphical and yet very comical question.:lol Sure i'd like to meet a pitbull that doesn't bite.

DarrinS
10-23-2009, 12:57 PM

Yikes! :wow

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Maybe Chump is holding back all this deep and life changing insight.. if only we'd have faith in him and humankind and understand his nature, he'd reveal it to us.... Pffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!! !!!!!!! :lmao :lmao x10000

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Perhaps gtown can relate the "genuine" online experiences he has participated in on this forum. Surely his faith in God led him to do so several times here.

:rollin

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Do you want a deep and personal relationship with me? I promise to be genuine.

:nope

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 05:30 PM
What does my faith have to do with your horrible credibility. Other than God allowing it?:lolIt has everything to do with yours. :lol

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 05:36 PM
It has everything to do with yours. :lol

I have my enemies, and don't mind. But at least i do stick to defending an argument when i see fit ,and i have been genuine. I don't know how much God plays into this, anyway or why that matters to you greatly.

Believing in God doesn't mean i can point out your stupidity, it's way too much fun.:lol

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I have my enemies. And I don't mind. But at least i do stick to defending an argument when i see fit ,and i have been genuine.:lmao Genuinely what?

I don't know how much God plays into this, anyway or why that matters to you greatly.You put God first, tell us how.

Believing in God doesn't mean i can point out your stupidity, it's way too much fun.:lolAs I can point out your latent homosexuality. :lol

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
:lmao Genuinely what?

That's a good title for your autobiography.

You put God first, tell us how.

Kind of forced to when you asked what i believe in? I thought maybe you were being...gasp.. genuine.

As I can point out your latent homosexuality. :lol

As always, you whine when someone brings up the gay angle, and then you resort to use it. So now you have no principles.:lol

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 05:46 PM
That's a good title for your autobiography.It's your claim.

Kind of forced to when you asked what i believe in? I thought maybe you were being...gasp.. genuine.You did?

As always, you whine when someone brings up the gay angle, and then you resort to use it. So now you have no principles.:lolNah, I just reverse the whip on you when you start it, and you start to cry. :cry

If you don't want it turned on you, don't start it.

:lol

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 05:51 PM
It's your claim.

You did?

Nah, I just reverse the whip on you when you start it, and you start to cry. :cry

If you don't want it turned on you, don't start it.

:lol

You had the first post crying about me thinking you were gay. Call it a genuine concern.:lol

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 05:53 PM
You had the first post crying about me thinking you were gay. Call it a genuine concern.:lolI was concerned why you bring it up immediately in every thread.

You shouldn't be so ashamed. God will still love you even though you're gay.

The Franchise
10-23-2009, 06:09 PM
I was concerned why you bring it up immediately in every thread.

Ouch. :lol

Ignignokt
10-23-2009, 06:35 PM
I was concerned why you bring it up immediately in every thread.

He will.. you're right.. but since i'm not.. He'll have an easier job at it. :lol

I thought you hated the gay angle. You seem to not only use it frequently but even made an advancement towards me in the other thread.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2009, 06:47 PM
He will.. you're right.. but since i'm not.. He'll have an easier job at it. :lolYou think it's easier for God to love people if they aren't gay?

I thought you hated the gay angle. You seem to not only use it frequently but even made an advancement towards me in the other thread.I turn it on people who use it first like you. You tend to squeal like pigs, if you know what I mean.

SouthernFried
10-23-2009, 07:41 PM
White House is doing the right thing...going after people who dissent with them. That's what the IRS is for and maybe we can even using Homeland Security against Fox.

Fox is a radical element that needs to be extinguished once and for all.

Once Fox is destroyed, we can then bring over all the babes to NPR. It goes without saying...NPR needs more babes.

PixelPusher
10-23-2009, 07:49 PM
It goes without saying...NPR needs more babes.
...and you would know, cause you watch NPR all the time.

hope4dopes
10-23-2009, 08:12 PM
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZTNhZGQxYzVmMjU4NjY3NTIwMWFjMDQ0ZjJlODM0MzA= OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH SHIT I guess the emperor's new clothes have lost their sheen.:lmao

Winehole23
10-23-2009, 08:15 PM
^^^imagining Obama in his birthday suit again. micca is obsessed.

hope4dopes
10-23-2009, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=Winehole23;3766684]^^^imagining Obama in his birthday suit again. micca is obsessed.[/QUOTE Wasn't that the DNC's entire platform for the election.

Winehole23
10-23-2009, 08:33 PM
In your mind, yes.

hope4dopes
10-23-2009, 08:46 PM
In your mind, yes. :lmao:lmao:lmao
Yeah this is a serious statesman we got us here:lmao:lmao:lmao

Nbadan
10-23-2009, 09:07 PM
bang!

LfREWQYWmD4

Ignignokt
10-24-2009, 01:27 AM
^^^imagining Obama in his birthday suit again. micca is obsessed.

You made gay joke.. You're gay yourself according to Chump. He wants you "in".

Winehole23
10-24-2009, 03:02 AM
You made gay joke.. You're gay yourself according to Chump. He wants you "in".You're such a silly gossip. Playing cupid now?

Dream on, dude. :blah

Winehole23
10-24-2009, 03:03 AM
You made gay joke

Ignignokt
10-24-2009, 09:53 AM
You're such a silly gossip. Playing cupid now?

Dream on, dude. :blah

Gossip? You need a dictionary my friend.

Cupid? I didn't imply there was gonna be love in your relationship.:lol

Winehole23
10-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Gossip? You need a dictionary my friend. You told me Chump told you I'm gay. That's either gossip, or something you just made up.

ChumpDumper
10-24-2009, 12:39 PM
gtown's still projecting, I see.

Winehole23
10-24-2009, 12:45 PM
The pattern is consistent. Gay baiting is his ace in the hole. gtown seldom fails to go there.

Winehole23
10-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Cupid? I didn't imply there was gonna be love in your relationship.:lol

He wants you "in". Then what are the scare quotes for?

Winehole23
10-24-2009, 12:49 PM
It's like you think people can't remember what you said two posts ago.

Ignignokt
10-24-2009, 11:42 PM
You told me Chump told you I'm gay. That's either gossip, or something you just made up.

If i said.. according to the BMI chart, sally is overweight, does that mean that the BMI chart took on a personified form and physically told me Sally was overweight? No. It means, judging by the criteria set by the BMI, or whatever health graph..yada yada yada... hold on! Do i really have to explain these things to you? Are you really that slow?

Clearly i meant, according to chump's criteria, "u gay bash, u gay" that means you're gay.

You're a lot smarter when you post articles.

Ignignokt
10-24-2009, 11:43 PM
gtown's still projecting, I see.

:lol, I take it you're too stupid to notice how much you project.

Winehole23
10-25-2009, 01:30 AM
If i said.. according to the BMI chart, sally is overweight, does that mean that the BMI chart took on a personified form and physically told me Sally was overweight? No. It means, judging by the criteria set by the BMI, or whatever health graph..yada yada yada... hold on! Do i really have to explain these things to you? Are you really that slow?There's no BMI for gay.

Clearly i meant, according to chump's criteria, "u gay bash, u gay" that means you're gay. Why do you like tell people they're gay so much?

You're a lot smarter when you post articles.Nobody's making you read anything. You don't have to read anything you don't like. :hat

Winehole23
10-25-2009, 01:31 AM
:lol, I take it you're too stupid to notice how much you project.Turn it around on yourself, tough guy. Notice the resemblance?

Ignignokt
10-25-2009, 02:34 AM
There's no BMI for gay.

Oh i get it.. You couldn't see how i was using the BMI as an example of a criteria and not as a particular indicator of gayness? Nm, The hell? Are you taking your meds. That or you're playing dumb and doing a lame job of trolling.

Why do you like tell people they're gay so much?

I like telling them as much as they like telling me, the post numbers and counts back that up. Same people whine about it, like to use those same insults. Cry me a river.

Nobody's making you read anything. You don't have to read anything you don't like. :hat

It's as if you never run out of cheap token wisdom phrases.

Ignignokt
10-25-2009, 02:36 AM
Turn it around on yourself, tough guy. Notice the resemblance?

Where do i start? Did you read CD's post, he was accusing me of that thing first. Why do you hate reading?

Winehole23
10-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Where do i start? Did you read CD's post, he was accusing me of that thing first. Why do you hate reading?Disingenuous. You have to consider your body of work in these pages. You have a history around here.

Why do you hate memory?

Ignignokt
10-25-2009, 02:48 AM
Disingenuous. You have to consider your body of work in these pages. You have a history around here.

Why do you hate memory?

I do have a history around here. I distinctly remember.."pound sand bitch!". Memory serves me well in this case.:lol

Winehole23
10-25-2009, 02:57 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pound%20sand

Winehole23
10-25-2009, 02:59 AM
Still got sand in your ears?

Ignignokt
10-25-2009, 03:04 AM
yeah, nobody was asking for the definition of pounding sand. I'm glad you found urban dictionary. Maybe you can join a social networking site, that'll improve your cool points.

Winehole23
10-25-2009, 03:22 AM
Ho hum. How lame. I don't need a fake mean daddy. I don't really care who thinks I'm cool, let alone you.

Winehole23
10-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Why don't you make yourself useful, and go pull wings off flies or something?

Ignignokt
10-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Ho hum. How lame. I don't need a fake mean daddy. I don't really care who thinks I'm cool, let alone you.

Glad i could help you realize.

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Saying that Chump said it first in this thread is a hypertechnicality. Wherever you post, you bring it up.

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Saying that Chump said it first in this thread is a hypertechnicality. Wherever you post, you bring it up.

Total lie. I didn't bring up any of your homo status when i made you meltdown, that was an honest hardworking troll effort by yours truly.

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Total lie. I didn't bring up any of your homo status...You just brought it up. Again.

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 11:39 AM
You just brought it up. Again.

It was in context.. don't get so touchy.

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I notice you excused yourself this time. Feeling touchy?

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
You just brought it up. Again.

I notice you excused yourself this time. Feeling touchy?

more like sorry for Winehole, he needs a wet nap.

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 11:45 AM
How touching. You care.

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 11:47 AM
How touching. You care.

Just my cynical plot to appeal to your demographic.

Obstructed_View
10-27-2009, 02:33 AM
At least the members of the press still recognize attempts by the state to silence dissent when they see it. Strange that so many citizens don't. I guess they're still in the post-election afterglow.

Winehole23
10-27-2009, 08:14 AM
At least the members of the press still recognize attempts by the state to silence dissent when they see it. Strange that so many citizens don't. I guess they're still in the post-election afterglow.On the contrary, what the WH did only made the dissent more strident; no one at all was silenced.

DarrinS
10-27-2009, 08:17 AM
On the contrary, what the WH did only made the dissent more strident; no one at all was silenced.

They increased Fox' ratings by 10% and made themselves look whiny.

Way to go, team Obama. :lol

Winehole23
10-27-2009, 08:34 AM
So much for the canard that the WH stifles dissent.

Yonivore
10-27-2009, 08:38 AM
So much for the canard that the WH stifles dissent.
So much for this White House doing anything...

Who knew "Hope and Change" meant going back to the Carter presidency with Kennedy flair.