PDA

View Full Version : Parker Interview

Kori Ellis
04-16-2005, 02:21 AM
http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=53

03/15/05

Tony, Utah does not bring you luck this season as you lost yet another outing against them, 93-91.

Frankly, the NBA was not too keen with us. It was our 6games in 8 days ! We are all tired, had heavy legs and could not develop our game; we did not defended well. Despite Tim Duncan’s return, he played well for us, it was not enough. Okur was blocked on the game’s final action but no one went for the rebound. We did not move, me being on the court. It is big mistake on our par. It is disappointing as I think we battled well to victory at the Clippers and Golden State. This loss spoils it all.

With the loss, you can waive goodbye to the top spot in the West.

It is disappointing. We went to work to try to get that top spot and finally, even if I believe that it is not bad to end the regular season second, I think we let go of our chance. Mathematically, we can still do it but we would need a miracle to attain that goal.

What did you think about Tim Duncan’s return ?

He played a good game for someone who has not played for a month; he was in the rhythm. He did not needed to force anything and this is the reason why Pop only played him in 3 to 4 minutes periods. I think he will start to play some thirty minutes on Saturday. Pop will most likely start his playoffs rotations in the next couple of games.

You first round opponent will either be Denver or Houston. Any thoughts ?

Whatever will happen, it will be tough. Denver is the team to beat right now and I say to myself that it might be good to avoid them. With what they are doing right now, I would not be surprised if Denver earns the 6th spot and that we play against Houston in round One. Personally, it would like that as we always play well against the Rockets.

Any news about Rasho Nesterovic’s injury ?

He is supposed to come back for the last game of the regular season against Minnesota. Regarding Devin Brown, it should be back at practice this Friday and we will see what will happen. As of now, we cannot say anything.

Al Sharpton
04-16-2005, 02:29 AM
That is so cool is it from ESPN?

Kori Ellis
04-16-2005, 02:30 AM
No it's from Tony's website.

Al Sharpton
04-16-2005, 02:38 AM
Hey Kori ! if the Spurs go to the semi finals does your press pass still work?

Kori Ellis
04-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Yes.

alamo50
04-16-2005, 07:31 AM
03/15/05

Any news about Rasho Nesterovic’s injury ?

He is supposed to come back for the last game of the regular season against Minnesota. Regarding Devin Brown, it should be back at practice this Friday and we will see what will happen. As of now, we cannot say anything.

Always a little bit more news from Tony than we get from Pop.

:)

stéphane
04-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Always a little bit more news from Tony than we get from Pop.

:)
because most of the time Pop just doesn't want to say "this" will happen if it's not 99.99% sure... Tony just give the last news not really caring if this is what will happen or not... It's quite easy to understand :)

alamo50
04-17-2005, 09:25 AM
"Rasho Nesterovic is eligible to come off the injured list after Monday's game against Memphis, but Popovich said he would not play before the playoffs"

Sounds like 99.9% sure to me.

timvp
04-17-2005, 09:28 AM
CIA Pop.

Rasho will play.

T Park
04-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Rasho will get a few minutes of tune up during that game.

Good enough to shake some rust off of himself.

way to blow CIA Pop's cover Tony lol.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Not sure about Tony's statement that they "play well against the Rockets". It seems like the games are almost always ugly. Even before Van Gundy that was the case. The Spurs put together some good fourth quarters in the last couple of games to make it respectable.