PDA

View Full Version : Does T-Mac make it into the Hall of Fame ?

Mavs<Spurs
10-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Do you think that T-Mac should make it into the Hall of Fame ?

I don't yet have an opinion.

I would like to hear your opinions !

BRHornet45
10-23-2009, 07:04 PM
LMAO hell no

DAF86
10-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Hell no.

Mavs<Spurs
10-23-2009, 07:05 PM
LMAO hell no

Do you think it was a stupid question ?

cobbler
10-23-2009, 07:07 PM
The American Medical Association HOF!

djohn2oo8
10-23-2009, 07:11 PM
No!!!!! Unless he comes back and wins 5 championships in a row, then no!!!

Mavs<Spurs
10-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Career average = 22.1 ppg , 6.1 rebounds per game , 4.7 assists per game.

ft 74.9 %, 43.9 pct,

scoring leader multiple times, consistent all-star, ..

DAF86
10-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Career average = 22.1 ppg , 6.1 rebounds per game , 4.7 assists per game.

ft 74.9 %, 43.9 pct,

scoring leader multiple times, consistent all-star, ..

Still no. There are lots of players with decent career stats that didn't make the HoF. To make the HoF without winning shit you have to be great, T-Mac isn't great.

dirk4mvp
10-23-2009, 07:21 PM
One of the most naturally gifted scorers of all time, but no.

djohn2oo8
10-23-2009, 07:28 PM
but nobody can forget this performance, the highlight of his career

kXlLib0Og-4&

DAF86
10-23-2009, 07:31 PM
When your team is better off without you, you're not HoF material.

sonic21
10-23-2009, 07:36 PM
2nd round virgins usually don't make it to the HOF.

Lars
10-23-2009, 07:39 PM
When your team is better off without you, you're not HoF material.

While my answer is no, this statement is just dumb.

DAF86
10-23-2009, 07:42 PM
While my answer is no, this statement is just dumb.

Rockets have proved in more than one ocassion that they play better when McGrady doesn't play.

Allanon
10-23-2009, 07:43 PM
I really liked T-Macs game but when you've never made it out of the first round, you don't get the call-up.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-23-2009, 08:01 PM
He should go to Europe for a few years and dominate some B-list players to improve his HoF resume.

DAF86
10-23-2009, 08:13 PM
He should go to Europe for a few years and dominate some B-list players to improve his HoF resume.

He would have to be able to stay healthy for an entire season first.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-23-2009, 08:13 PM
He would have to be able to stay healthy for an entire season first.

He'd be able to since they only play like 50 games every year.

DAF86
10-23-2009, 08:30 PM
He'd be able to since they only play like 50 games every year.

lol between Euroleague and each country's national league you have like 80 games and then you have to add the games from each country's cups and if you're good enough the games with the National Team.

Lars
10-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Rockets have proved in more than one ocassion that they play better when McGrady doesn't play.

Check the Rockets record with him the lineup vs. him sitting out.

djohn2oo8
10-23-2009, 08:46 PM
They are better without last year's version of him, but not a healthy McGrady (oxymoron), maybe the basketball gods will spare him this season

Danny.Zhu
10-23-2009, 09:09 PM
No way.

Mavs<Spurs
10-23-2009, 09:40 PM
One thing that has always kind of bothered me about his game- his jump shot is just flat, no arc too often. As a consequence, he is not a consistent outside shooter. His three point pct is pretty poor, although he has had one year with a decent 3 pt pct (better than 38% - not great, but not bad). Robert Horry has about the same 3 pt pct as McGrady does for his career. McGrady is a scorer, but not a shooter. I have a problem appreciating players who score a lot of points, but have poor shooting percentages. This is why I think that Allen Iverson is vastly overrated.

I don't value Shooting guards who can't shoot better than 45% and I prefer players who shoot near, at or better than 50%.

However, McGrady is a great athlete, his versatility, ball handling skills, vision, and ability to score were really good.

And he has the athletic ability / versatility to guard multiple positions.

My reservation is based like most of you in his inability to get out of the first round. He has had some great players playing with him, but Yao also got injured and had his limitations (defense, speed, injury prone, ) Battier is a nice player, but can't create his own shot, Artest played well for them but Yao and Tracy were injured frequently when all three of them were on the same team. It doesn't appear that the reason that he didn't get out was due to him.

Kobe Molested Me
10-23-2009, 10:48 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:r ollin:rollin:rollin

Austin_Toros
10-23-2009, 10:54 PM

I don't yet have an opinion.

I would like to hear your opinions !

Clearly he should be inaugurated in the HOF.
Why, you ask?
led the league in scoring, 62 point game, 13 points in 30-something seconds, numerous all-star selections, great all round player for years :)

DPG21920
10-23-2009, 11:01 PM
When is he expected to be back this year?

TDMVPDPOY
10-24-2009, 01:04 AM
him and his cousin aint makin it into any hof....

cherylsteele
10-24-2009, 01:04 AM
If he gets in, then Artis Gilmore should in (should be in anyways IMHO)

badfish22
10-24-2009, 01:11 AM
him and his cousin aint makin it into any hof....

I think Carter will. Hes just been such a exciting player for years.
Plus putting on one of the top three best slam dunk competitions cant hurt.

dirk4mvp
10-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Carter's a bigger loser (if you want to call it that) than T-Mac is. McGrady's playoff numbers are pretty incredible.

Chieflion
10-24-2009, 03:41 AM
When is he expected to be back this year?
If everything goes smoothly, which rarely does, he will be back just before all star break.

Lars
10-24-2009, 04:54 AM
If everything goes smoothly, which rarely does, he will be back just before all star break.

McGrady says he is ready to come back now.

The team has set an MRI for Nov. 23rd. We will know more once that date arrives. I'd say "just before the all star break" would probably be worse case scenario.

Culburn369
10-24-2009, 06:36 AM
At that time, just a fore McGrady is ready to take the floor once again, we'll poll the Houston Fandom as to whether they're better off WITH......or......WITHOUT McGrady. The results of that poll will be kept in an undisclosed location...somewhere in Maryvale, Arizona. tee, hee.

Lars
10-24-2009, 07:37 AM
You're fucking strange

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2009, 07:39 AM
T-Mac does not make HOF

djohn2oo8
10-24-2009, 10:23 AM
As far as his return goes, he is supposedly lobbying hard to come back early, and the Rockets might be considering it, but I would also let him take his time and not rush

Chieflion
10-24-2009, 11:00 AM
McGrady says he is ready to come back now.

The team has set an MRI for Nov. 23rd. We will know more once that date arrives. I'd say "just before the all star break" would probably be worse case scenario.
Last season, McGrady also pulled the same shit. He ended up having two surgeries. I think one of them was a microfracture so he is probably not going back on the court that early to screw himself up again. I am sure the training staff will make sure of that.

dude1394
10-24-2009, 01:58 PM
I do not think he will deserve it, but.. ..I expect he will be. There has always been some sort of superstar love in the league to Tmac. It will carry over into the HOF voting.

Lars
10-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Last season, McGrady also pulled the same shit. He ended up having two surgeries. I think one of them was a microfracture so he is probably not going back on the court that early to screw himself up again. I am sure the training staff will make sure of that.

I think you are a little confused.

McGrady came back early and out of shape after off season surgery (two surgeries I believe?), because Battier was injured. Some argue he didnt put effort into rehabbing, others believe it was the fault of his trainer Wayne Hall, and even others argued he couldn't get into shape due to the limitations set forth by his procedures. What the truth is, who knows? I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt, while others do not.

He kept playing because the team doctors said there was nothing wrong and he couldnt hurt it any further. Despite playing in a great deal of pain, he was labeled as a player with no heart and "on the decline", because he was very inconsistant and was unwilling to play aggressive. He was on again off again until finally he could barely even move. Unfortunatley, since the state of his injury was unknown while he was playing, his trouble dealing with the pain appeared as a lack of effort or as him being a quitter. The emotions fans had toward the apparent "quitter" stuck with them, probably due to the high expectations of the team with the addition of Artest, despite the obvious physical challenges he was encountering.

wijayas
10-24-2009, 07:28 PM

Yes, because he broke the record of being bounced off the first round in seven consecutive seasons. :lol

wijayas
10-24-2009, 07:45 PM
I think Carter will. Hes just been such a exciting player for years.
Plus putting on one of the top three best slam dunk competitions cant hurt.

I think so too, especially with him on as a good team as Magic now. Carter was never on a good team. Maybe he can fully realize his other "Half Man" now....

Besides rooting for the Spurs, the Magic is my #2 team. If the Spurs can win it all, I'd be just as contented (slightly less) if Magic can get it.

duhoh
10-24-2009, 09:30 PM
the rockets are in NO way better off without him. they are only good as a defensive team when he's not on the floor. however, outside of him and yao no one can consistently create their own shots.

yes, he did do the team dirty last season, but working with tim grover has always produced amazing results:
- MJ's trainer
- Kobe's trainer
- DWade's recovery back into the elite

the first result alone is amazing. if they let jerry sloan into the HoF, why not T-Mac? Sloan is the most consistent never-did-and-never-will-win-a-championship coach ever.

T-Mac has worked his rear-end off time and time again, to only have the worst supporting cast fail him again and again. it's an extreme version of lebroom.

now that he has a great supporting cast though, no more excuses. if he can't do it when he returns, then yeah, I'd agree that he should be kept outta the HoF for sure.

DaDakota
10-25-2009, 12:26 AM
No...not as of now.

DD