PDA

View Full Version : dude shawn = BADASS

mattb_25
10-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Really, we got this guy for barely anything. He is playing incredible. He has an astonishing fg% for the preseason and is basically all OVER the court. This is a huge acquisition for the Mavs'.

I can't believe all the so called "sport analyst" are looking over him so bad just because of one bad year, which basically consisted of being traded.. This team only lost A wright and bass for Marion, Gooden, Tim thomas, Q ross, and Hump. Seriously, we almost tied the series in the nuggets playoffswith WRIGHT as a starter for fuckin cryin out loud. This year is gonna be awesome overall because everyone is better but man I'm just excited about the potential this team has.

The only worry I have is if he will have a possible nagging injury, but if he can get past that it's going to be an impressing team. :wow

Fpoonsie
10-24-2009, 12:46 AM
[curiously looks at "Team" and avatar]

We? Er...wait. Huh?

badfish22
10-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Marion looked like he was 25 tonight. Seriously, I was as optimistic as anyone about Marion, but so far he has even impressed me.

The scariest part is that Josh wasn't even playing.
And he seems motivated and actually happy now. You can tell in his interviews at training camp. He is actually smiling and saying how excited he is for the new season. A lot different than he was last year

dirk4mvp
10-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Perfect compliment to j-kidd

xellos88330
10-24-2009, 02:02 AM
The scariest part is that Josh wasn't even playing.
And he seems motivated and actually happy now. You can tell in his interviews at training camp. He is actually smiling and saying how excited he is for the new season. A lot different than he was last year

Must be the new reefer he is smoking.

TJastal
10-24-2009, 02:40 AM
This poster defenitely seems confused. His name is MattB (Matt Bonner?), his team is listed in his avatar is Oklahoma City, yet he's raving about the mavericks. :lol

Culburn369
10-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Marion's shot release point becomes a huge concern come playoff time. He is going to make you sorry.

But, hey, till then? Knock yerself out.

DPG21920
10-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Marion is a very good fit so far. I am just interested to see what having J-Ho starting next to him does.

badfish22
10-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Marion's shot release point becomes a huge concern come playoff time. He is going to make you sorry.

Your saying slashing to the basket and getting easy shots doesn't work during the playoffs? Isn't it usually the other way around, with just shooting jump shots the thing that doesn't work in the playoffs?

Marion's shooting close to 80% (24-31) this preseason. If that's not getting easy baskets I don't know what is.

My Fault
10-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Your saying slashing to the basket and getting easy shots doesn't work during the playoffs? Isn't it usually the other way around, with just shooting jump shots the thing that doesn't work in the playoffs?

Marion's shooting close to 80% (24-31) this preseason. If that's not getting easy baskets I don't know what is.
Yeah he keeps that up and he'll make the preseason all-star team for sure.

dirk4mvp
10-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah he keeps that up and he'll make the preseason all-star team for sure.

This is funny considering spur fans are ready for Blair's HOF acceptance speech for his preseason play.

anakha
10-24-2009, 04:44 PM

In past games against the Spurs, just having someone stay at home on Marion was enough to knock his scoring down quite a bit, and that was with Nash being both a great distributor and a scoring threat. Until he can show he's actually improved to the point where his production isn't dependent on having a good PG on the floor with him, I'll choose to remain a bit skeptical.

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2009, 05:39 PM
This is funny considering spur fans are ready for Blair's HOF acceptance speech for his preseason play.

i'm ready for it no doubt :flag:

poop
10-24-2009, 05:44 PM
marion = empty stats king

BlackSwordsMan
10-24-2009, 05:51 PM
mavs 2009-2010 champions

Donkeybong
10-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Marion can put up all star numbers when he has a legit point guard spoon-feeding him the ball.

My Fault
10-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Not me....

ulosturedge
10-25-2009, 01:59 AM

We know who Marion is. What or who Blair is is still yet to be known.

dirk4mvp
10-25-2009, 02:01 AM

1st ballot hof'er, mutiple time mvp, top 10 greatest of all time. We know who he is.

ulosturedge
10-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Yeah and Marion is gonna be MVP of the finals this year...

badfish22
10-25-2009, 02:12 AM
We know who Marion is.
Ya but we don't know if its gonna be the Phoenix Marion or the Miami Marion.

Right now its looking like the Phoenix Marion

MI21
10-25-2009, 02:58 AM
The Mavs are going to be very good this season, barring any decline from Dirk. If they can get a good bigman at the deadline for Dampier, sky is the limit.

NZ Spurs
10-25-2009, 03:52 AM

Spurs fans know who Marion is to. Hes the guy who continuously disappeared in the playoffs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Marion will have a bounceback year running with J Kidd, but why make it into a bitch about Blair? :rolleyes

...and cogency from Culburn! :wow