PDA

View Full Version : Almost there

spurspokesman
10-24-2009, 03:04 AM
First off I would like to say I am happy with our team and know damn well we our more than capable of given any team more than they can handle. We are stacked offensively and its been a while since we've been able to say that. Add a savage of a rookie to the equation and that's a recipe for success. But I'm going with the cliche of defense wins championships. And as optimistic as I am I must admit that our team has a glaring hole. A defensive minded player that comes in and gets underneath the other teams best perimeter players skin. This used to be bruce and we always had at least one player that set the tone defensively. Looking at our lineup (despite the offensive nucleus) I can see us being consistently shredded on the perimeter. No disrespect to rj but he's not that type of player though his d is respectable. I feel we need someone that breathes defense. Raja bell truly comes to mind. Dahntay jones and courtney lee also. I feel we can survive the frontcourt with tim cause he's great and dyess is good but we may need to make that perimeter move and trade a lil offense for great defense if it is possible. This would put us over the top in my opinion. I know its still early but this is what I've observed and LA has this in ron artest and kobe plays great d.All the other contenders have this in some form or another like denvers bigs block shots so the perimeter sort of gets a lil slack and boston blocks shots and there guards our a lil more defensively geared. We don't really block shots at the pace of those teams and with that being said we could use a spoiler of our own. Someone to consistently compromise a component of the other teams operation. Feel free to share your takes my fellow spur fans.

TJastal
10-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Hairston might be an option here, but yah if RJ proves incapable, they might need to explore trades.

Just might be tempted to give ol Bruce a call and see how he's doing. :toast

timtonymanu
10-24-2009, 03:32 AM
it's a good thing i have alot of work to do before the opener. ive had the fastest two weeks since the Jefferson trade. only 5 days left.

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2009, 07:30 AM
this season will be an interesting one no doubt

TIMMYD!
10-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Interesting, but none of it matters unless we win a ring.

spurspokesman
10-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Interesting, but none of it matters unless we win a ring.
Agreed but I feel this would get us there. The lakers have someone to bother our operation. Can we really say the same.perimeter wise of course