PDA

View Full Version : who is out first?

mookie2001
10-24-2009, 09:51 AM
lee corso or lou holtz

i love the guy but corso has really slowed down after his stroke and its noticable and lou holtz is just a joke

do these guys have lifetime contracts?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-24-2009, 11:23 AM
how has lee corso slowed down

he used to talk about football
now he just talks about football

J.T.
10-24-2009, 11:30 AM
lou holtz is a dumbass

mookie2001
10-24-2009, 12:03 PM
you cant tell corso is different now?

he talks like i did when i was learning how not to stutter in the 4th grade

Cant_Be_Faded
10-24-2009, 12:08 PM
or that time pego knocked your teeth out with a bowling ball

Nah man he's still corso to me

mookie2001
10-24-2009, 12:10 PM
more like that time i shaq fu dunked and brought the fucking house down on your face

tlongII
10-24-2009, 12:44 PM
He has a baby arm.

IronMexican
10-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Lou Holtz has to go. He seems like a nice guy, but how much he spits while he talks is annoying.

symple19
10-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Neither. It's the Bobby Bowden syndrome. Their lifetime achievements will allow them to work until they decide they don't want to anymore.

Gotta love Lou spitting on people all the time, and the Corso "donning of the mascot headgear" will never get old

TFloss32
10-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Lou Holtz for Prethident!

The Gemini Method
10-26-2009, 11:57 AM
I would say Lou Holtz for his blatant ND homerism. The whole Notre Dame will be playing for the NC spiel he had at the beginning was pure comedy. Watching him blabber and spittle his way through a segment is hard on viewers and his constant bickering with Mark May is a tad bit overdone. I think Corso still has an edge on him and can still be somewhat entertaining. The old Golden Homer? Naw, he's got to go the way of the old-timers and given a show on South Bend public access.

TFloss32
10-26-2009, 05:25 PM
ND is two scores away from undefeatedness

They are also less than four scores away from having four more losses. Notre Dame could easily be 1-6 right now. I don't think I've ever seen a team squeak out so many victories (in one season) against so many underwhelming teams.

chode_regulator
10-26-2009, 06:32 PM
holtz has to go. that guy makes me cringe every time he opens his mouth.

DMX7
10-26-2009, 09:27 PM
That's the only thing it could be.

holcs50
10-27-2009, 02:46 AM
You want Corso to go after great stuff like this? Corso and Herbstreit are hilarious together, this clip is great, herbstreit can't stop laughing.

_gvej-TLJ-g

ginobili's bald spot
10-27-2009, 04:17 AM
Lou Holtz and his speech impediment need to GTFO. He's terrible.

Deion Sanders
10-27-2009, 10:07 AM
hahaha! oh, what a day!

TFloss32
10-27-2009, 02:52 PM
jealous? :lol

Jealous of the mediocrity that is Notre Dame football?

I was simply making a point that they're not good. Lucky for them that they have Jimmy Clausen and Golden Tate to keep them afloat.

That's the only thing it could be.

Huh? Just curious...where exactly do your loyalties lie DMX?

DMX7
10-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Huh? Just curious...where exactly do your loyalties lie DMX?

With my lord and savior, Barack Obama... I mean god.

mookie2001
10-27-2009, 03:19 PM
ohhh its funny because he ISNT the lord our god
yeah thats a good one

DMX7
10-27-2009, 03:34 PM
ohhh its funny because he ISNT the lord our god

Who said that?

BRHornet knows what I'm talkin bout.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-27-2009, 10:34 PM
that thing where you fuck or get fucked by toast?

musta been a dream i had

TFloss32
10-29-2009, 06:00 PM
jealous of ND's earthly and heavenly wealth

:lol Lou?!?!? Too bad I don't have a smiley that spits all over itself when it talks about Notre Dame like it's still 1988.

4cc...I graduated from and I'm a fan of a school, The University of Texas at Austin, that has the winningest record in the past decade (second all-time) and the largest athletics budget of any school not named Ohio State. I'm not jealous of ND's "earthly wealth." I wasn't aware they had any. Speaking of which, they should use some of that earthly wealth to spruce up South Bend a bit.

oh so they're NOT good they just are LUCKY they have two good players

I was at UT from 2003-2007. I know what good, and great, football looks like. Notre Dame is mediocre (at best). They've had to eke out four of their five victories against unranked teams and also lost to an unranked team. No, they're not good. Did you even go to Notre Dame, 4cc?

The Reckoning
10-29-2009, 06:57 PM
:lol

TFloss32
11-02-2009, 06:18 PM
So you didn't grow up a UT fan, but you became one out of convenience because they were nearby and good? :lmao

Whether or not I grew up a UT fan is irrelevant to the argument that I'm "jealous" of Notre Dame. But since you asked, yes, I did grow up a UT fan (many of those years UT was not a good team). In addition to that, people are usually a fan of the university that they attend and graduate from, 4cc. How did you conveniently become a Notre Dame fan?

You weren't aware that Notre Dame has wealth? :lmao

Couldn't sense the sarcasm in that one, huh? I know Notre Dame has wealth...just nothing like UT. Hence my comment that I'm not jealous of their "earthly wealth."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-02-2009, 07:53 PM
They are also less than four scores away from having four more losses. Notre Dame could easily be 1-6 right now. I don't think I've ever seen a team squeak out so many victories (in one season) against so many underwhelming teams.

Two years ago, they would have all been losses. People love to hate ND but Weiss has shown significant progress with that team considering this is the first year it's a team entirely made up of Weiss recruits.

The Reckoning
11-02-2009, 08:18 PM
In addition to that, people are usually a fan of the university that they attend and graduate from, 4cc. How did you conveniently become a Notre Dame fan?

Couldn't sense the sarcasm in that one, huh?

looks like you need to spruce up on your sarcasm detector as well

TFloss32
11-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Looks like TFloss 32 shot his wad a few posts ago, Corso!

Herbstreit: "Can you say that on TV?"

looks like you need to spruce up on your sarcasm detector as well

Reckoning...when a guy puts "burr burr!" at the end of his post, I know he's just stirring things up. I just couldn't resist arguing with a Notre Domer (or wannabe, whichever).

The Reckoning
11-03-2009, 12:04 PM
using the old "you probably have never set foot on your supported school's campus" argument never works and has failed miserably several times in this forum.

i hate to ruin the fun but 4cc went to notre dame for undergrad and UT for grad school.

i thought that was general knowledge in the forum by now.

when a guy puts "burr burr!" at the end of his post, its sarcasm.

TFloss32
11-03-2009, 12:22 PM
using the old "you probably have never set foot on your supported school's campus" argument never works and has failed miserably several times in this forum.

i hate to ruin the fun but 4cc went to notre dame for undergrad and UT for grad school.

i thought that was general knowledge in the forum by now.

Despite me not knowing 4cc's educational background, that argument is extremely relevant and has it's place (especially when people shoot their mouth off about a school they know nothing about).

when a guy puts "burr burr!" at the end of his post, its sarcasm.

Yes, I know. See my previous post below.

Reckoning...when a guy puts "burr burr!" at the end of his post, I know he's just stirring things up. I just couldn't resist arguing with a Notre Domer (or wannabe, whichever).

TFloss32
11-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Two years ago, they would have all been losses. People love to hate ND but Weiss has shown significant progress with that team considering this is the first year it's a team entirely made up of Weiss recruits.

Yes, they've vastly improved over the past two years. How could they not, though? Unfortunately for them, their schedule is not an accurate indicator of how good (or bad) they are. Isn't Charlie Weis (statistically) the worst coach Notre Dame has ever had?

This doesn't just apply to Charlie Weis...but IMO, the whole "these aren't my recruits" is such a cop out and an excuse for underacheiving. For example, Weis went to two BCS bowls in his first two years, with Ty Willingham's recruits, and has been bad or mediocre ever since.

The Reckoning
11-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Despite me not knowing 4cc's educational background, that argument is extremely relevant and has it's place (especially when people shoot their mouth off about a school they know nothing about).

im sure there are atleast 10 other chodes who post here and have never taken a class at UT that know more about UT athletics than i do.

truth is, college education and athletics have nothing in common.

TFloss32
11-03-2009, 12:47 PM
im sure there are atleast 10 other chodes who post here and have never taken a class at UT that know more about UT athletics than i do.

truth is, college education and athletics have nothing in common.

Very true, but if you read the posts between 4cc and myself you would see that it had nothing to do with the correlation between knowledge of college athletics and where you happened to receive your education.

He said that I was jealous of ND's "heavenly and earthly" wealth. I asked if he even went to Notre Dame because this is something he would know nothing about unless he attended ND. Hence my comment that the argument has its place.

The Reckoning
11-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Very true, but if you read the posts between 4cc and myself you would see that it had nothing to do with the correlation between knowledge of college athletics and where you happened to receive your education.

I was at UT from 2003-2007. I know what good, and great, football looks like.

TFloss32
11-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Reckoning...you don't have to be an alumnist of UT, a statistician or have a great knowledge of college athletics in order to recognize that Texas was a great team during that time frame. For example, I know the names of about three players on Florida's team and hardly anything about their program. I do, however, know they're a great football team because I've watched them play.

I was arguing with 4cc that I know what great football looks like because I got a chance to watch those teams in person while living in Austin (for the sake of my argument). Not simply because I attended UT and automatically transformed into UT's version of "The Schwab" and now know everything there is to know. It's not like we were spouting off player statistics, info about future recruits or how many pounds Charlie Weis has lost since his gastric bypass.

I was basically saying ND is a mediocre team in a roundabout way and now know that 4cc is a joker.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Yes, they've vastly improved over the past two years. How could they not, though? Unfortunately for them, their schedule is not an accurate indicator of how good (or bad) they are. Isn't Charlie Weis (statistically) the worst coach Notre Dame has ever had?

This doesn't just apply to Charlie Weis...but IMO, the whole "these aren't my recruits" is such a cop out and an excuse for underacheiving. For example, Weis went to two BCS bowls in his first two years, with Ty Willingham's recruits, and has been bad or mediocre ever since.

By no means am I saying Weis has them where their fan base wants them to be, but if anyone is willing to make a half-decent effort looking at who to blame for Notre Dames horrible stretch, they'd see blaming Weis is retarded. I agree that in some cases, the "they aren't my recruits" card is bullshit, but in this case it's perfectly legit.

Weis's first season was when the 2003 recruits were juniors and 2002 recruits were seniors. Notre Dame's 2002 recruiting class was 13th in the country in 2002, and 5th in the country in 2003, so Weis had a very talented junior and senior group to work with.

The next year he still had a really talented recruiting class as seniors, and he managed to once again put together a respectable team.

Now his 3rd year, the year everyone criticizes him for, he had the 2004 and 2005 recruiting class as juniors and seniors, Willingham's last two classes. Notre Dame's 2005 recruits were ranked 27th in the country, and the 2004 recruits were ranked 30th in the country. Given Notre Dame's schedule and cruddy junior and senior classes, that team was gonna suck, regardless. Weis however managed to reel in the 2nd best recruiting class that year, and has shown improvement ever since.

I still don't get why Weis gets so much blame for Notre Dame's shitty period.

TFloss32
11-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Well now that we know I'm a joker, which one's that funny guy? and who's the clown?

I'm the clown because I'm supposed to know you went to Notre Dame? I don't know you from Adam, 4cc.