PDA

View Full Version : Magic will come out of the East again

Donkeybong
10-24-2009, 12:06 PM
I know it doesn't sound as glamorous as the Celtics or the Cavs, but they will end up getting the best record in the East and face a worn down team from the Cavs/Celtics series. Of course the Lakers will take them out again in the Finals, but it will take them 6 or 7 games instead of 5.

:downspin:

Culburn369
10-24-2009, 12:09 PM
That'll go over like a fart in church first in Boston, then in Cleveland, after that in Media, especially at ESPN.

tee, hee.

pauls931
10-24-2009, 12:40 PM
I hope so, but you just know the advertisers, stern, etc are chomping at the bit to have a Kobe vs. Shaq final to see who gets the last word. (Yes, my prediction is after this year there will be a new power in the west, definitely not Pho...)

Culburn369
10-24-2009, 12:52 PM
I hope so, but you just know the advertisers, stern, etc are chomping at the bit to have a Kobe vs. Shaq final to see who gets the last word. (Yes, my prediction is after this year there will be a new power in the west, definitely not Pho...)

I don't think they want Shaq. That's a straw dog. They've made their peace. Once Kobe apologized for ratting Daddy out to Colorado authorities, AND Daddy got the missus away from Divorce Court it got settled for good.

They want Boston (for L.A.) &&&&&&& Cleveland (for James), but, they can't have both....and it's killin' 'em.

pauls931
10-24-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't think they want Shaq. That's a straw dog. They've made their peace. Once Kobe apologized for ratting Daddy out to Colorado authorities, AND Daddy got the missus away from Divorce Court it got settled for good.

They want Boston (for L.A.) &&&&&&& Cleveland (for James), but, they can't have both....and it's killin' 'em.

Get Cleveland and you get Lebron and Shaq, don't see how you can beat that for revenue generating purposes. They already cashed in their LA vs Boston series and it just ain't the same as the Magic vs. Bird days.

Culburn369
10-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Get Cleveland and you get Lebron and Shaq, don't see how you can beat that for revenue generating purposes. They already cashed in their LA vs Boston series and it just ain't the same as the Magic vs. Bird days.

Food for thought. I'd separated Cleveland/James & Shaq for some gd reason!

21_Blessings
10-24-2009, 01:12 PM

The Lakers would destroy Cleveland though (4-5 games in dominant fashion) and that will hurt Lebron and Shaq's legacy in comparison to Kobe. Stern and the media revile the day. At least the Witnesses can still claim Lebron's superiority with their old hat supporting cast talking points if Boston prevails to the finals.

Boston/LA would be a much more competitive series and the NBA can talk up the glory days of the Magic/Bird and Lakers/Celtics historic rivalry. The NBA, media and basketball purists love that shit.

pauls931
10-24-2009, 01:18 PM
The Lakers would destroy Cleveland though (4-5 games in dominant fashion) and that will hurt Lebron and Shaq's legacy in comparison to Kobe. Stern and the media revile the day. At least the Witnesses can still claim Lebron's superiority with their old hat supporting cast talking points if Boston prevails to the finals.

Boston/LA would be a much more competitive series and the NBA can talk up the glory days of the Magic/Bird and Lakers/Celtics historic rivalry. The NBA, media and basketball purists love that shit.

I think that's a risk they'd be willing to take. After this year, I'll say Shaq is done.

edit: Actually I take that back. They might want to give cleveland a year and let shaq retire, then get cleveland back to the finals to beat LA to officially hand the torch from Kobe to Lebron..

Mavs_man_41
10-24-2009, 02:27 PM
I like how everyones speculating what's going to happen based on Stern's motives. I see we now all officially acknowledge that the NBA is a rigged league. Nice :tu

eyeh8u
10-24-2009, 02:32 PM
miami is coming out of the east, wade is going to average 45ppg in the playoffs, but fizz out in the finals.

sook
10-24-2009, 03:23 PM
i know preseason doesn't really count but the magic had me baffled with how easily they ass raped the hawks last night.

j.dizzle
10-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Honestly i also feel like the Magic have a better chance then the Cavs to come out of the East..Cle just doesnt match up well with Orlando..We all know that they brought in Shaq to guard Howard but his old big ass will get torched on pick n rolls like its always been..Rashard Lewis, Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson, Matt Barnes, JJ. Reddick, etc..This team is gonna be damn hard to beat will all these three point shooters plus a beast in the middle. Plus they also added brandon bass who is very underrated.

Bukefal
10-24-2009, 04:15 PM
They wont, the Cavs will, or maybe the Celtics.

tlongII
10-24-2009, 04:34 PM
It will be the Cavs versus the Blazers in the Finals. No doubt about it.

Def Rowe
10-24-2009, 04:52 PM
It will be the Cavs versus the Blazers in the Finals. No doubt about it.

It's cool how you like to take a time out from being homer cheerleader once in a while just to talk basketball in a rational, unbiased manner.

cobbler
10-24-2009, 05:05 PM

Yeah... but Lebron's free agency aside. This is the Celts last shot and the whole rematch of healthy teams scenario. Lebron will get plenty more chances providing he doesn't make a silly decision in the off season. And the Lakers are primed for a good 3 to 5 year run.

Allanon
10-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Vince Carter in Orlando is much better than I thought he would be.

Magic are gonna be a scary ass team.

cobbler
10-24-2009, 05:08 PM
it will be the cavs versus the blazers in the finals. No doubt about it.

all talk no walk

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Vince Carter in Orlando is much better than I thought he would be.

Magic are gonna be a scary ass team.

Thank you. At least someone sees that Carter is a huge upgrade over Turkachoke.

tlongII
10-24-2009, 05:54 PM
It's cool how you like to take a time out from being homer cheerleader once in a while just to talk basketball in a rational, unbiased manner.

I can't help it if I'm always right. Not my fault.

Culburn369
10-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Thank you. At least someone sees that Carter is a huge upgrade over Turkachoke.

& thank you, DUNCAN. I said it first months ago.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-24-2009, 06:29 PM
& thank you, DUNCAN. I said it first months ago.

I remember you and I both did. From the beginning I laughed when people acted like losing Turk and getting Carter would kill Orlando.

Culburn369
10-24-2009, 06:42 PM
I remember you and I both did. From the beginning I laughed when people acted like losing Turk and getting Carter would kill Orlando.

Don't try being nice to me now, DUNCAN. You insulted me, my neighborhood and my amigos, the Mexican population which surround, I mean which are my favorite neighbors.

anakha
10-24-2009, 07:01 PM

Lanny is WACK if he thinks the Lakers are going to the Finals next year. It's all about the Blazers now.

resistanze
10-24-2009, 07:01 PM
The Carter trade should be an upgrade, at least for this year. A motivated VC is a deadly VC. Just like the year he left for NJ, but this time he's in his hometown.

iggypop123
10-24-2009, 07:27 PM

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/theprimo_2006/lemonoftroy.jpg

wijayas
10-24-2009, 07:31 PM

I can't deny that the run and gun Phoenix is fun to watch. Too bad Phoenix's talent level has not matched up with the rest of the elite team this season....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Don't try being nice to me now, DUNCAN. You insulted me, my neighborhood and my amigos, the Mexican population which surround, I mean which are my favorite neighbors.

I wasn't being nice. I was stating fact Maryvale man. Go eat some Filibertos.

Culburn369
10-24-2009, 07:56 PM

I accept your apology.

duhoh
10-24-2009, 09:19 PM
i think it's funny when they consider POR to go deep. they got a deep, hard whooping from a houston team that finally made it passed the 1st round in the yao era. I know that if they hav to play LA or SA, it's gonna be another early ending for their season. I'll even throw DAL and DEN too.

in a few years, though we'll be talking.

pauls931
10-25-2009, 06:35 AM

in a few years, though we'll be talking.

Do you mean Portland getting better, or other teams getting older/worse?

TJastal
10-25-2009, 09:33 AM
I agree with OP and think Orlando will prevail once again in the east. Boston is gonna be dangerous as always, if healthy, but the mileage on their big 3 and Sheed is going to work against them. Cleveland does have a shot too, but only because the old trusty (crooked) refs are back. Lebron is guaranteed to get 10-20 extra free throws per game in the post season with his buddies calling the game. So the cavs don't actually have to be as good as Orlando to beat them, they just need to be almost as good.

In the west after watching Ty Lawson scorch the lakers for 28 I defenitely think he's going to tip the scales in the nuggets favor. He's just the type of point guard that gives the lakers fits. I had been leaning Portland's way, but I think they are going to have issues with newly appointed player/coach Brandon Roy.:lol

Of course if the spurs are healthy this year I give them a legitimate shot and will be rooting for them, but right now the nuggets seem like the best team.

Prediction: 2010 NBA Finals Orlando vs Denver.

pauls931
10-25-2009, 09:40 AM
I agree with the OP too. Orlando looks fantastic. They'll be my #2 team to rout for this season. They were good last season and even have a better lineup this time around and with any luck, a healthy Nelson going into the playoffs this year. These guys are BIG.

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2009, 09:48 AM
I agree with OP and think Orlando will prevail once again in the east. Boston is gonna be dangerous as always, if healthy, but the mileage on their big 3 and Sheed is going to work against them. Cleveland does have a shot too, but only because the old trusty (crooked) refs are back. Lebron is guaranteed to get 10-20 extra free throws per game in the post season with his buddies calling the game. So the cavs don't actually have to be as good as Orlando to beat them, they just need to be almost as good.

In the west after watching Ty Lawson scorch the lakers for 28 I defenitely think he's going to tip the scales in the nuggets favor. He's just the type of point guard that gives the lakers fits. I had been leaning Portland's way, but I think they are going to have issues with newly appointed player/coach Brandon Roy.:lol

Of course if the spurs are healthy this year I give them a legitimate shot and will be rooting for them, but right now the nuggets seem like the best team.

:lmao:lmao

Just give your money to charity...they need it more than Vegas

Allanon
10-25-2009, 09:54 AM

I agree with the Orlando part, they're not my pick because I'd rather see Boston come out of the East. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Magic make it.

it's funny how the Magic players say they get no respect. They got no respect last year and they're not gettin' any respect this year. It's really easy to overlook the Magic and I'm not really sure why.

As for the Nuggz, they got a fast little PG in Ty Lawson who tore the Laker PG's a new one. This is the same old story for Lakerfans. Lightning quick PG's like TP, Aaron Brooks, Lawson, CP3 all give Lakers a hard time.

That said, the Nuggets are prone to bonehead moves at important times that preclude them from real contention.

TJastal
10-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I agree with the Orlando part, they're not my pick because I'd rather see Boston come out of the East. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Magic make it.

it's funny how the Magic players say they get no respect. They got no respect last year and they're not gettin' any respect this year. It's really easy to overlook the Magic and I'm not really sure why.

As for the Nuggz, they got a fast little PG in Ty Lawson who tore the Laker PG's a new one. This is the same old story for Lakerfans. Lightning quick PG's like TP, Aaron Brooks, Lawson, CP3 all give Lakers a hard time.

That said, the Nuggets are prone to bonehead moves at important times that preclude them from real contention.

Everyone makes mistakes. You do. I do. We all learn. They too will learn from their mistakes and be a more mature team this year. For most of them getting that far in the playoffs was a brand new experience, with the exception of of the playoff veteran Billups. Speaking of whom, with a year under his belt should be even more effective this year.

I think Anthony as a legitimate shot for MVP this year, in fact I will say it now, Carmelo will be MVP. His numbers so far this pre-season are astronomical, he is scoring at will on teams. Artest is really going to have his hands full trying to contain him, because he is going to be driven with one goal in mind - beat the lakers.

Culburn369
10-25-2009, 10:17 AM
I think Anthony as a legitimate shot for MVP this year, in fact I will say it now, Carmelo will be MVP. His numbers so far this pre-season are astronomical, he is scoring at will on teams. Artest is really going to have his hands full trying to contain him, because he is going to be driven with one goal in mind - beat the lakers.

& win that MVP for TJ.

tee, hee.

tlongII
10-25-2009, 11:30 AM
I see very little chance for the rest of the league this year. Portland is just too dominant.

blink
10-25-2009, 05:16 PM
boston takes the east if theyre not out of gas yet. if theyre anything like the spurs, i wouldnt count them out just based on age. if not, magic comes out on top.

10-25-2009, 06:18 PM
boston takes the east if theyre not out of gas yet. if theyre anything like the spurs, i wouldnt count them out just based on age. if not, magic comes out on top.
i agree with this but i think the magic, unlike the cavs, have a good chance against a healthy celtics. magic with a healthy nelson is just downright dangerous. i believe they actually improved their starting lineup by adding VC. but i think their downfall in either the conference finals or the finals will be a lack of depth on the perimeter. when you have to depend on a johnson/reddick backourt bench, then there are some problems. it's a significant downgrade from a potential alston/lee backcourt.

Kill Yourself
10-25-2009, 06:33 PM

hi

My Fault
10-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Filibertos is crap... I miss Taco Cabana

TC>>>>Filibertos

Culburn369
10-25-2009, 06:57 PM
It's all too authentic Mexican for me. I need mine processed thru Taco Bell. tee, hee.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Filibertos is crap... I miss Taco Cabana

TC>>>>Filibertos

Any of that trashy Mexican food is good with me. Carne asade fries = amazing

http://static.px.yelp.com/bphoto/ew1mz42k3_rhhPxfe7GYvQ/l

Culburn369
10-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Any of that trashy Mexican food is good with me. Carne asade fries = amazing

http://static.px.yelp.com/bphoto/ew1mz42k3_rhhPxfe7GYvQ/l

Those do look tasty. Where do you get those, DUNCAN?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Those do look tasty. Where do you get those, DUNCAN?

Any of the 'bertos should have them.

KSeal
10-25-2009, 08:15 PM
I'd love to see the Magic win the east again, I really like their team. But I think it will be the Celtics.

Basketballgirl25
10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
GO Magic, hopefully Magic make it to the finals at win. Sorry Laker fans, like they team, but want to see Magic win.

And who isn't excited to see Howard and Vince on the same team. I know I'm excited. I'm more excited then I found out the Nets traded them bum Kidd lol

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2009, 09:48 PM
GO Magic, hopefully Magic make it to the finals at win. Sorry Laker fans, like they team, but want to see Magic win.

And who isn't excited to see Howard and Vince on the same team. I know I'm excited. I'm more excited then I found out the Nets traded them bum Kidd lol

the same bum that took your irrelevant franchise to back-to-back NBA Finals?

lil_penny
10-25-2009, 10:20 PM
I like the magic in the ecf again this year, vince is a big addition to that team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-25-2009, 10:22 PM
the same bum that took your irrelevant franchise to back-to-back NBA Finals?

basketballgirl25 is someone's troll who acts as Spurs/Nets fan just to piss Mavs fans off about trading Devin Harris. Don't take her posts seriously.

Ghazi
10-26-2009, 12:00 AM
She's actually a nets fan who has bitterness toward the Mavs since she was run off of d-m.com for sounding/posting retarded.

kromediablo
10-26-2009, 02:47 AM
vc looks nice so far!!! would have rather taken him over RJ. I would like to see the magic vs spurs this year finals....or maybe spurs celtics!!! or a spurs cavs rematch!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-26-2009, 03:02 AM
She's actually a nets fan who has bitterness toward the Mavs since she was run off of d-m.com for sounding/posting retarded.

Probably someone's troll on that site as well.

Ghazi
10-26-2009, 03:11 AM
perhaps :lol