PDA

View Full Version : J.R Rider trying to make a comeback?

xellos88330
10-24-2009, 01:54 PM
The old NBA player walked into the high school gymnasium for his first day of work Monday night wearing a Cleveland Cavaliers’ long-sleeved T-shirt and practice shorts. The gym at Trimble Tech High in Fort Worth, Texas, hardly resembled the packed 18,000-seat arenas in which he used to play. On this night he wouldn’t be matched up with Kobe Bryant(notes) or Michael Jordan – only unheralded former small-college stars. No more charter flights or Four Seasons suites. These days, it’s Best Westerns and long bus rides.

This is where 38-year-old Isaiah “J.R.” Rider now finds himself, preparing for his first season with the North Texas Fresh, one of more than 50 teams in the American Basketball Association. Sixteen years ago, Rider was the fifth overall pick of the NBA draft, a promising rookie for the Minnesota Timberwolves who would go on to win the All-Star dunk contest. Nearly two decades of self-inflicted drama and personal pain – including several arrests and a 3½-month stay in jail – have now dropped Rider to the low minor leagues, desperate to revive his career and rewrite a different ending to his troubled story.

Read the rest here http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-rider102309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Culburn369
10-24-2009, 03:18 PM
& he's 1 & forever.

jag
10-24-2009, 06:13 PM
I need to make sure to sign him for my ABA fantasy team.

lefty
10-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Cool

cobbler
10-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Hide your cell phones!!!!!

Allanon
10-24-2009, 08:52 PM
What a waste of a talent. I used to watch him I was a kid and he had the coolest name ever "J.R".

Talented guys like JR Rider, Starbury, JR Smith and Smush Parker really wasted great opportunities with their stupid atititudes.

cobbler
10-24-2009, 09:09 PM
What a waste of a talent. I used to watch him I was a kid and he had the coolest name ever "J.R".

Talented guys like JR Rider, Starbury, JR Smith and Smush Parker really wasted great opportunities with their stupid atititudes.

He was just an idiot... plain and simple.

Making millions playing in the NBA and get busted toaking in your car with a trunk full of stolen cell phones. Classic!!! :bang

Findog
10-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Ha Trimble Tech. They were in our district when I was in high school. TT is the vocational high school where all the Mexicans in Ft Worth go to learn a trade since they won't be going on to college.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-24-2009, 09:39 PM

:wow:wow:wow

Allanon
10-24-2009, 09:57 PM
:wow:wow:wow

Smush Parker was an extremely talented player, he just had a brain the size of a peanut.

Culburn369
10-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Smush Parker was an extremely talented player, he just had a brain the size of a peanut.

Al, yer wrong. Parker is not a professional basketball player.

Allanon
10-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Al, yer wrong. Parker is not a professional basketball player.

Smush is not a pro player because his brain's the size of a peanut. He has more size/talent than you'd want from an NBA player.

Allanon
10-24-2009, 10:31 PM
¿còmo estan?

¿escribes que no elegante es Smush?

Sorry blade, I don't speak japanese and too lazy to look it up in Google.

I'll just agree with you.