PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NBA most improved player

in2deep
10-24-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.iupui.edu/spirit/_Assets/images/george_hill/hill_stockinghat.jpg????

DAF86
10-24-2009, 04:46 PM
He won't play enough minutes to get that kind of recognition.

duncan228
10-24-2009, 04:50 PM
He's getting some attention.

NBA’s Sophomore Slumps and Surprises

Biggest Improvement: George Hill

Hill steadily improved over his rookie campaign and played well for the Spurs when Tony Parker went down mid-season to injury spurts. Four games into the preseason and Hill is averaging a hair over 14 points with two assists per game. Look for him to make a push for more minutes and more productivity this year.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137019

hater
10-24-2009, 04:56 PM
He won't play enough minutes to get that kind of recognition.

ummm he's Pops favorite player and you don't think he'll get minutes? He'll average 20+mpg

thispego
10-24-2009, 04:58 PM
CROFL :lmao
funny ass picture of george

Leetonidas
10-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Yeah, he's gonna get big minutes this year. He's not just a rookie PG behind Mason, he's a legit backup PG/combo guard. He will not only be getting minutes while Tony is on the bench, but he will be getting minutes next to Tony at the SG position.

He has been incredibly efficient this preseason, so I really think he will make a nice jump this year. Maybe not MIP or 6MOY, but I think he definitely could average 12 and 3.

TIMMYD!
10-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah, he's gonna get big minutes this year. He's not just a rookie PG behind Mason, he's a legit backup PG/combo guard. He will not only be getting minutes while Tony is on the bench, but he will be getting minutes next to Tony at the SG position.

He has been incredibly efficient this preseason, so I really think he will make a nice jump this year. Maybe not MIP or 6MOY, but I think he definitely could average 12 and 3.

I agree, 12 and 3 are reasonable number. He could get to 14 and 4 if he gets enough minutes.

DAF86
10-24-2009, 05:55 PM
ummm he's Pops favorite player and you don't think he'll get minutes? He'll average 20+mpg

He's Parker's backup, Tony will play around 35 minutes per game, that leaves 13 minutes for Hill to play as a PG and let's pretend he will play some SG (I wouldn't be so sure about that though) how many more minutes would he get: 6-8? That makes a total of 19-21 minutes. The players that usually win this award are decent players that turn into very good players (some even into borderline all-stars) and play above 30 minutes per game.

I didn't check but I'm pretty sure that most of them were starters the year they won the award.

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2009, 06:01 PM
he better fucking get minutes. he's just what we need off the bench

Kori Ellis
10-24-2009, 06:32 PM
He's Parker's backup, Tony will play around 35 minutes per game, that leaves 13 minutes for Hill to play as a PG and let's pretend he will play some SG (I wouldn't be so sure about that though) how many more minutes would he get: 6-8? That makes a total of 19-21 minutes. The players that usually win this award are decent players that turn into very good players (some even into borderline all-stars) and play above 30 minutes per game.

I didn't check but I'm pretty sure that most of them were starters the year they won the award.

Exactly. Most players who win it are starters. There are a lot of guys who improve from their rookie season to the next season -- those guys aren't usually recognized for this award. It's mostly guys who have been in the league for a few years and then blossomed -- recently Danny Granger, Hedo, etc.

hater
10-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Exactly. Most players who win it are starters. There are a lot of guys who improve from their rookie season to the next season -- those guys aren't usually recognized for this award. It's mostly guys who have been in the league for a few years and then blossomed -- recently Danny Granger, Hedo, etc.

Boris Diaw

dallaskd
10-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Trying not to be bias, but im picking Marion..

Interrohater
10-24-2009, 07:17 PM
:lol I can't take this thread seriously with that really fruity looking pic at the top

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Trying not to be bias, but im picking Marion..

:lmao:lmao:lmao

are you serious

Allanon
10-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Tony Parker takes too many minutes for Hill to get MIP. MIP's usually come from starters or guys who backup borderline starters.

The only way for Hill to get MIP is if Tony gets injured or if Pop plays him extended minutes at SG.

Neither one is a good option in my opinion.

Kori Ellis
10-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Boris Diaw

Boris Diaw won it in 05-06 - his 3rd year in the league... starting 70 games and playing 36 minutes a night.

hater
10-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Boris Diaw won it in 05-06 - his 3rd year in the league... starting 70 games and playing 36 minutes a night.

Monta Ellis

your cousin :)

hater
10-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Tony Parker takes too many minutes for Hill to get MIP. MIP's usually come from starters or guys who backup borderline starters.

The only way for Hill to get MIP is if Tony gets injured or if Pop plays him extended minutes at SG.

Neither one is a good option in my opinion.

Except Hill will not only backup Tony

Solid D
10-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Hill will get minutes at the 2, cutting into Mace's, Fin's and Gino's minutes. He may get a couple of votes from the sportswriters and broadcasters. I mean, Von Wafer got a couple of votes last year. Danny Granger and Devin Harris were way out in front on the voting and they were playing big minutes. Granger was something like 6th in scoring in the NBA, so he deserved the trophy big-time.

Allanon
10-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Except Hill will not only backup Tony

If Hill was backing up the SF or Center position, I could see him having a good chance.

But aside from outright injuries, playing behind the likes of Tony, Manu and Pop's lover Finley, I don't see him getting enough minutes to show his stuff (and actually win).

I'd guess MIP this year to be one of these 3 guys:

1. Anthony Morrow
2. Andrew Bynum
3. Greg Oden

If there's going to be a regular season award winner on the Spurs, it's going to be Blair and that's a long shot, again due to minutes.

Mel_13
10-24-2009, 11:32 PM
ESPN predictions:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=Predictions0910-MIP

mexpurs21
10-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Few people notice him, but Anthony Morrow is a great player,
+50% from the 3pt zone
+50% from 2pt land
+90% from the FT line

22 PPG in the preseason

UNDRAFTED!!!
Im looking forward to watch him in action for next season.

LOL@MavsFan
10-24-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.iupui.edu/spirit/_Assets/images/george_hill/hill_stockinghat.jpg????

I just posted that in another forum! Crazy! I really think this guy is going to be a game changer.

AussieFanKurt
10-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Few people notice him, but Anthony Morrow is a great player,
+50% from the 3pt zone
+50% from 2pt land
+90% from the FT line

22 PPG in the preseason

UNDRAFTED!!!
Im looking forward to watch him in action for next season.

Yeah he will be a good player
Pity hes on a shithouse team
Dont know about his D though, maybe hes in the right place?