PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure Darrin was about to start this thread but... (Obama Poll Numbers)

MannyIsGod
10-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Ruh roh....

October 24, 2009

Obama Has Won Over More Than He's Lost (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/10/24/obama_has_won_over_more_than_hes_lost.html)

Public Policy Polling (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2009/10/obamas-numbers.html) notes President Obama's approval rating with people who didn't vote for him is 14% and his disapproval rating with people who voted for him is 6%.

"So he's won over twice as many people as he's lost since he got elected. Who in the national media is going to write that story? Not bad for someone whose support is supposedly falling apart."

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Well, the cynical part of me tells me that people who don't like him now are unwilling to admit they voted for him.

If I just did the simple math of 52.9% vote in the 2008 election - 6% + 14% he should have a 60.9% approval.

What is it now? I think the nice numbers are 53%.

Another angle to look at is... How many of those 14% who didn't vote for him even voted in the 2008 election?

Voter turnout for 2008 was 58%. How many of the 42% not voting were polled?

Have the poll data by chance?

I think it's irresponsible to post poll results without the actual questions.

George Gervin's Afro
10-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Well, the cynical part of me tells me that people who don't like him now are unwilling to admit they voted for him.

If I just did the simple math of 52.9% vote in the 2008 election - 6% + 14% he should have a 60.9% approval.

Another angle to look at is... How many of those 14% who didn't vote for him even voted in the 2008 election?

I think it's irresponsible to post poll results without the actual questions.

I guess another question arises from your post. Do you require the same amount of supporting data when a poll comes out that shows Obama in a more negative light?

PixelPusher
10-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Well, the mindlessly partisan part of me, which demands that I grasp for any straws, tells me that people who don't like him now are unwilling to admit they voted for him.

I think it's irresponsible to post poll results I don't like without the actual questions.

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I guess another question arises from your post. Do you require the same amount of supporting data when a poll comes out that shows Obama in a more negative light?
I don't trust any polling data that I don't see the actual questions, sequence of questions, etc. on.

Ignignokt
10-25-2009, 10:20 AM
What the?

So the way the blog worded it was, Obama has a 14 percent approval rating amongst people who didn't vote for him, and 6 % amongst people who did?

SO that brings his net approval rating at 20%! lol.

Shitty poll.

Ignignokt
10-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Here's an interesting little fact from our national poll this week:

Barack Obama's approval rating with people who didn't vote for him is 14%.

Barack Obama's disapproval rating with people who voted for him is 6%.

So he's won over twice as many people as he's lost since he got elected. Who in the national media is going to write that story? Not bad for someone whose support is supposedly falling apart.

LOLx infinity!

Shastafarian
10-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Do you know the difference between "approval" and "disapproval"?

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 10:28 AM
What the?

So the way the blog worded it was, Obama has a 14 percent approval rating amongst people who didn't vote for him, and 6 % amongst people who did?

Shitty poll.
LOL...

I noticed that too, but wasn't going to burst God's bubble that bad. After-all, we should be nice to those who think they are divine. Not nice to make fun of the mentally challenged.

Shastafarian
10-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Ruh roh....

October 24, 2009

Obama Has Won Over More Than He's Lost (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/10/24/obama_has_won_over_more_than_hes_lost.html)

Public Policy Polling (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2009/10/obamas-numbers.html) notes President Obama's approval rating with people who didn't vote for him is 14% and his disapproval rating with people who voted for him is 6%.

"So he's won over twice as many people as he's lost since he got elected. Who in the national media is going to write that story? Not bad for someone whose support is supposedly falling apart."
Better?

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Better?
It doesn't matter. The polling was about peoples approval vs. how they voted for him, but it didn't eliminate those who didn't vote.

32.65% of the registered voters voted for Obama. 67.35% didn't. If 52.92% those who didn't vote for him split, like him to start with, polled, he is at a loss of 26.46% of those who didn't vote for him.

Registered voters: 212,720,027

69,456,897 votes for Obama, 32.65% of registered voters
112,564,176 votes assuming 100% of registered voted
100,155,851 votes not for Obama

+52,999,057 difference between 100% vote to the 61.7% voter turnout.
-38,977,238 14% of those not voting for Obama
14,021,819, which represents a 26.46% loss of those who didn't vote for Obama.

Shastafarian
10-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Are you claiming you didn't misread it like Ignignokt did?

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Are you claiming you didn't misread it like Ignignokt did?
No, I did misread the quote. Didn't you get the hint when I said it didn't matter?

Shastafarian
10-25-2009, 11:39 AM
No, I did misread the quote. Didn't you get the hint when I said it didn't matter?

It doesn't matter. But this is funny.

Not nice to make fun of the mentally challenged.

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Not nice to make fun of the mentally challenged. It doesn't matter. But this is funny.
Yep, anyone who things he is God, has problems.

Shastafarian
10-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Yep, anyone who things he is God, has problems.

Nah I was laughing at your statement about the mentally challenged when you misread a simple statement. DISapproval rating lol

jack sommerset
10-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah and 70 percent of the people want the public option according to a ABC poll. :lol

Obama is a liar and is hurting our country everyday he is in office.

Ignignokt
10-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Ha! selfpwnage. I'll own up to it. :lol

Ignignokt
10-25-2009, 03:13 PM
So, im curious to know whether the camp of people who didn't vote for obama included people who didn't vote at all or was it just those who voted McCain.

THe poll is not specific. If it included those who didn't vote at all , then this poll is shit.

ChumpDumper
10-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Are you curious enough to look it up?

ChumpDumper
10-25-2009, 03:37 PM
I guess not.

MannyIsGod
10-25-2009, 03:40 PM
It doesn't matter. The polling was about peoples approval vs. how they voted for him, but it didn't eliminate those who didn't vote.

32.65% of the registered voters voted for Obama. 67.35% didn't. If 52.92% those who didn't vote for him split, like him to start with, polled, he is at a loss of 26.46% of those who didn't vote for him.

Registered voters: 212,720,027

69,456,897 votes for Obama, 32.65% of registered voters
112,564,176 votes assuming 100% of registered voted
100,155,851 votes not for Obama

+52,999,057 difference between 100% vote to the 61.7% voter turnout.
-38,977,238 14% of those not voting for Obama
14,021,819, which represents a 26.46% loss of those who didn't vote for Obama.

Why can't you just admit you fucked up instead of pulling completely irrelevant numbers out of the air in attempt to make it look like you actually know what you're talking about?

PS. The poll information is readily available on PPP's site.

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 03:44 PM
So, im curious to know whether the camp of people who didn't vote for obama included people who didn't vote at all or was it just those who voted McCain.

THe poll is not specific. If it included those who didn't vote at all , then this poll is shit.
That's exactly my point.

The poll is shit!

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Why can't you just admit you fucked up instead of pulling completely irrelevant numbers out of the air in attempt to make it look like you actually know what you're talking about?

PS. The poll information is readily available on PPP's site.
I couldn't find it. Care to link it please?

ChumpDumper
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM
That's exactly my point.

The poll is shit!How can you conclusively say that when you are ignorant of the polling questions?

I couldn't find it. Care to link it please? googlefail.

MannyIsGod
10-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Jesus fuck how can you not find it?

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/

On the left side of the page under Obama Approval Ratings on Oct 21.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-25-2009, 03:51 PM
mmmm. mmmm.mmmmm
barack hussein obama

ChumpDumper
10-25-2009, 03:51 PM
mmmm. mmmm.mmmmm
You're an idiot.

MannyIsGod
10-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Out of those who voted for McCain - Obama maintains 10% approval rating. Those who voted for him of course he still maintains a 6% disapproval rating. We should call those the Darrins, btw. Among those who voted for someone else or "don't remember" his approval rating is 32%.

hope4dopes
10-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Ruh roh....

October 24, 2009

Oh hell yeah manny,.... the people LOVE the LEADER that's why ron emmanuel, and obama are in smoke filled back rooms taking a rubber hose to congressional democrats to get on board and show a united front.
Yeah for some reason the DNC doesn't share your rosy outlook for the future....and it's only going to get worse for them.

ChumpDumper
10-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Oh hell yeah manny,.... the people LOVE the LEADER that's why ron emmanuel, and obama are in smoke filled back rooms taking a rubber hose to congressional democrats to get on board and show a united front.
Yeah for some reason the DNC doesn't share your rosy outlook for the future....and it's only going to get worse for them.
micca goes straight to meltdown mode and free associates, almost 100% of the time.

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Jesus fuck how can you not find it?

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/

On the left side of the page under Obama Approval Ratings on Oct 21.
OK, I was looking for a 10/24 poll, but 10/23 was the last date listed.

Still, the poll has 49% voting for Obama, 42% voting for McCain and 9% other. The poll didn't limit itself to those who actually voted. Only 33% of the registered voters voted for Obama.

spursncowboys
10-25-2009, 05:17 PM
19% <65?
That's not accurate. Especially when BHO is trying to take their healthcare. Thats the largest voting bloc in elections.

RandomGuy
10-25-2009, 05:18 PM
What the?

Shitty poll.

Your lack of both reading comprehension and ability to think logically is painful to watch.

Please stop posting stupid things like this, my brain can't take the exposure to your brand of stupidity.

spursncowboys
10-25-2009, 05:21 PM
PPP conducted a national survey of 766 registered voters from October 16th to 19th. The
survey’s margin of error is +/-3.5%. Other factors, such as refusal to be interviewed and
weighting, may introduce additional error that is more difficult to quantify.

How did it poll? If you look at the 2004 election map, by counties, Conservatives get their base from mostly small towns. Did they do a poll at a popular corner of a big city? Was it by phone?

MannyIsGod
10-25-2009, 05:24 PM
OK, I was looking for a 10/24 poll, but 10/23 was the last date listed.

Still, the poll has 49% voting for Obama, 42% voting for McCain and 9% other. The poll didn't limit itself to those who actually voted. Only 33% of the registered voters voted for Obama.

You seriously fail at looking at cross tabs. You continue down this path when I gave you the information you needed from the poll which was located in the cross tabs and you continue to use irrelevant information of how many registered voters voted for Obama.

Here, I'll hold your hand

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_1021.pdf

Page 3. Top left corner.

MannyIsGod
10-25-2009, 05:26 PM
How did it poll? If you look at the 2004 election map, by counties, Conservatives get their base from mostly small towns. Did they do a poll at a popular corner of a big city? Was it by phone?

:lmao

MannyIsGod
10-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Your lack of both reading comprehension and ability to think logically is painful to watch.

Please stop posting stupid things like this, my brain can't take the exposure to your brand of stupidity.

He owned up to the self ownage which makes it fine imo. We're all allowed to make stupid mistakes.

Whats funny is when people don't own up to when its obvious like WC.

RandomGuy
10-25-2009, 05:41 PM
He owned up to the self ownage which makes it fine imo. We're all allowed to make stupid mistakes.

Whats funny is when people don't own up to when its obvious like WC.

He did indeed. Almost makes me feel bad for my post.

Almost.

spursncowboys
10-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Why is that funny?

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 06:05 PM
He did indeed. Almost makes me feel bad for my post.

Almost.
Stupid mistake? By not seeing the poll until pointed out it was an earlier date than the article by 3 days?

Or do you mean by pointing out it didn't exclude those who didn't vote in the election? The PDF file has no question asking if they voted or not.

ChumpDumper
10-25-2009, 06:44 PM
How did it poll? If you look at the 2004 election map, by counties, Conservatives get their base from mostly small towns. Did they do a poll at a popular corner of a big city? Was it by phone?If you're really curious, you would have looked it up by now.

hope4dopes
10-25-2009, 06:57 PM
whine holes bitch

ChumpDumper
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
whine holes bitch
You certainly are.

MannyIsGod
10-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Stupid mistake? By not seeing the poll until pointed out it was an earlier date than the article by 3 days?

Or do you mean by pointing out it didn't exclude those who didn't vote in the election? The PDF file has no question asking if they voted or not.

Actually it does. Reading it hard. I fucking spoonfed you the info and you still can't get it. Not much else I can do. You can lead the clueless poster to the info but you can't make him drink.

Ignignokt
10-25-2009, 07:16 PM
You certainly are.

jealous?

ChumpDumper
10-25-2009, 07:18 PM
jealous?There you go again.

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Actually it does. Reading it hard. I fucking spoonfed you the info and you still can't get it. Not much else I can do. You can lead the clueless poster to the info but you can't make him drink.
Well then please point out the paragraph I missed. Polling registered voters is not the same as polling those who voted. When only 9% answered they voted for someone else, or didn't remember, I see the fallacy I pointed out earlier. Since 23% of the registered voters didn't vote, shouldn't question #5 reflect that? Please show me where they narrowed down registered voters to voters who actually voted. I must be stupid enough that I need my hand held.

MannyIsGod
10-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Well then please point out the paragraph I missed. Polling registered voters is not the same as polling those who voted. When only 9% answered they voted for someone else, or didn't remember, I see the fallacy I pointed out earlier. Since 23% of the registered voters didn't vote, shouldn't question #5 reflect that? Please show me where they narrowed down registered voters to voters who actually voted. I must be stupid enough that I need my hand held.

Ok. Then obviously the poll is completely fucked and has nothing of value to be seen because it doesn't meet WC's arbitrary benchmark that no one else cares about. PPP is an extremely reputable polling agency and they conduct accurate polls but you feel the need to pick apart this just the way you tried to do with party identification in the other thread (which you're absolutely wrong on also).

Its not even a big deal and all any of you have to say is "its one poll" because thats all it is but I find it absolutely telling how afraid you guys get and how quickly you rush to discredit it with bullshit. When your bullshit is refuted you move some goal posts and just keep the game going.

Its insanely amusing watching you scramble for anything that will make things fit your point of view instead of taking an objective look at the situation.

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Ok. Then obviously the poll is completely fucked and has nothing of value to be seen because it doesn't meet WC's arbitrary benchmark that no one else cares about. PPP is an extremely reputable polling agency and they conduct accurate polls but you feel the need to pick apart this just the way you tried to do with party identification in the other thread (which you're absolutely wrong on also).

Its not even a big deal and all any of you have to say is "its one poll" because thats all it is but I find it absolutely telling how afraid you guys get and how quickly you rush to discredit it with bullshit. When your bullshit is refuted you move some goal posts and just keep the game going.

Its insanely amusing watching you scramble for anything that will make things fit your point of view instead of taking an objective look at the situation.
LOL...

I'm only pointing out the flaws, and you go apeshit...

My God man, get a grip!

spursncowboys
10-25-2009, 08:36 PM
If you're really curious, you would have looked it up by now.
was that in there? I didn't see it. You do not have to be presumptuous.

ChumpDumper
10-25-2009, 08:43 PM
was that in there? I didn't see it. You do not have to be presumptuous.I'm sure they asked people on the street corners to press 1, 2 or 3.

spursncowboys
10-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm sure they asked people on the street corners to press 1, 2 or 3.
They do have technological advances that allow portable hand-held computers.

MannyIsGod
10-25-2009, 09:27 PM

Wild Cobra
10-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Yes, but I think it is safe to assume this was a computerized telephonic poll.

Cry Havoc
10-25-2009, 10:48 PM

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 12:59 AM
mmmm. mmmm.mmmmm
barack hussein obamammmm. mmmm. mmmmm.

One note Johnny.

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 01:41 AM
There you go again.

There you cry again.

ChumpDumper
10-26-2009, 03:20 AM
There you cry again.I understand you can't help it, just like your latent homosexuality.

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I understand you can't help it, just like your latent homosexuality.

WHy do you resort to homo jokes right away Chump? It's not a good way to deflect from your blatant homosexuality.

ChumpDumper
10-26-2009, 12:01 PM
WHy do you resort to homo jokes right away Chump? It's not a good way to deflect from your blatant homosexuality.Just my cynical plot to appeal to your demographic.

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Just my cynical plot to appeal to your demographic.

:lol, i see you like my putdown in the other thread. Glad you're not all sore about it and is a good sport.

DarrinS
10-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Ruh roh....

October 24, 2009

Sure looks that way to me.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/6wqthng2oekhprni8ll1ea.gif

Viva Las Espuelas
10-26-2009, 01:09 PM
mmmm. mmmm. mmmmm.

One note Johnny.

Just blending in, Socrates.