PDA

View Full Version : Question for you ladies.

xellos88330
10-25-2009, 05:27 AM
What is your definition of a man? (Aside from the fact that we have different genitalia.)

To further clarify the question, I have been getting flamed for my refusal to fight a woman under most circumstances. The only exception to this rule is if my life or the life of someone I care about is immediately threatened.

My personal idea of manhood is in the ability to provide for and protect those who are most important to me.

What are your opinions?

Cry Havoc
10-25-2009, 09:29 AM
RenaldoBalkman thread.

mrsmaalox
10-25-2009, 11:26 AM
My definition of a man is less about social/cultural expectations, i.e. provider/protector as you mentioned, than it is about broader humanistic characteristics. More specifically, the characteristics I value the most in any human being are honesty, compassion, and benevolence. So a male human who possesses/practices those is a true man, in my opinion.

The Reckoning
10-25-2009, 12:01 PM
machismo

Spursfan092120
10-25-2009, 12:09 PM
This question will get about a million different answers. As a guy myself, a real man is someone who loves his family, takes care of them, is an honest and real person who doesn't play games. Someone who will put his loved ones before himself. He knows his limits, but isn't afraid to test them.

Bambililos
10-25-2009, 01:59 PM
A real man, for me, is a man who feels man enough inside not to feel the need to prove to the others he is a man.
That is, a guy who will not fight to show off his masculinity (fight to protect is something different), who will not fear to cry when he feels sad, who will not get angry if someone else questions his masculinity.
Basically, you're a man when you feel like you're one. It's that simple.

Trainwreck2100
10-25-2009, 04:05 PM
you should have swept the leg

SWEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marini martini
10-25-2009, 04:07 PM
They wrote a book about it. "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche".:lol

xellos88330
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
i think you have to be a veteran in order to be a real man

I am a veteran. :toast

xellos88330
10-25-2009, 04:19 PM
you should have swept the leg

SWEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

ploto
10-25-2009, 04:36 PM
A real man would not feel the need to get involved in the altercation at all, especially over a basketball team. You can not claim to be so noble and above it all when you escalated the situation in the first place by what you said.

thispego
10-25-2009, 05:46 PM
A real man would not feel the need to get involved in the altercation at all, especially over a basketball team. You can not claim to be so noble and above it all when you escalated the situation in the first place by what you said.

i dont read alot of ploto's posts because she can be a downer but this is the smartest thing she's said in a while

Frenzy
10-25-2009, 05:55 PM
This question will get about a million different answers. As a guy myself, a real man is someone who loves his family, takes care of them, is an honest and real person who doesn't play games. Someone who will put his loved ones before himself. He knows his limits, but isn't afraid to test them.

:tu

Summers
10-25-2009, 06:13 PM
I agree with most of what's already been said. For me the word "man" implies a combination of putting away childish things (man vs. boy) and having refined sensibilities (honesty, respect, responsibility, compassion, modesty, etc). As far as the OP, I'm of the (perhaps old-fashioned) opinion that a man should never hit a woman, except under dire situations in which his safety is truly threatened, and I realize that's a double standard.

xellos88330
10-25-2009, 06:25 PM

I love a knee slapper once in a while. I couldn't help myself. It just so happened that she was in the right place and the wrong time. :lol

I am surprised that noone said sense of humor yet.

BacktoBasics
10-26-2009, 07:56 AM
This thread is a complete load of horseshit. You women are real quick to define what a man is in your eyes but the reality is that you probably wouldn't be attracted to a dude who just takes shit from anyone....including women.

AmericanPsycho
10-26-2009, 08:04 AM
This thread is a complete load of horseshit. You women are real quick to define what a man is in your eyes but the reality is that you probably wouldn't be attracted to a dude who just takes shit from anyone....including women.

^This is a definition of someone who wants to be a man but can only play one on the internet. :lol

BacktoBasics
10-26-2009, 08:17 AM
^This is a definition of someone who wants to be a man but can only play one on the internet. :lolDid I actually define what I view as a man?

Answer: NO

I simply pointed out the shortcomings of others.

to21
10-26-2009, 08:38 AM
This thread is a complete load of horseshit. You women are real quick to define what a man is in your eyes but the reality is that you probably wouldn't be attracted to a dude who just takes shit from anyone....including women.Church!

mrsmaalox
10-26-2009, 09:22 AM

To be fair B2B, I don't see where in this thread any woman defined a man as someone who won't stand up for himself. Also our definition of a true man, and who we are actually attracted to, can easily be 2 different things :)

BacktoBasics
10-26-2009, 09:24 AM
A real man, for me, is a man who feels man enough inside not to feel the need to prove to the others he is a man.
That is, a guy who will not fight to show off his masculinity (fight to protect is something different), who will not fear to cry when he feels sad, who will not get angry if someone else questions his masculinity.
Basically, you're a man when you feel like you're one. It's that simple.

To be fair B2B, I don't see where in this thread any woman defined a man as someone who won't stand up for himself. Also our definition of a true man, and who we are actually attracted to, can easily be 2 different things :)

Pretty fucking close.

mrsmaalox
10-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Pretty fucking close.

You're right, that ONE is close, but still not enough for the "you women" generalization! Also, considering the thread is titled "Question for you ladies", and only 5 of the 22 posts in it are from women, I did not assume that particular poster was a woman :)

BacktoBasics
10-26-2009, 09:46 AM
You're right, that ONE is close, but still not enough for the "you women" generalization! Also, considering the thread is titled "Question for you ladies", and only 5 of the 22 posts in it are from women, I did not assume that particular poster was a woman :)

ALRIGHT FINE. I WAS JUST TRYING TO BE A SARCASTIC ASSHOLE. Now knock it off.....leave me alone.

mrsmaalox
10-26-2009, 09:48 AM
ALRIGHT FINE. I WAS JUST TRYING TO BE A SARCASTIC ASSHOLE. Now knock it off.....leave me alone.

:lol "trying"

BacktoBasics
10-26-2009, 09:51 AM
:lol "trying":angryfistpump:

Supreme_Being
10-26-2009, 11:09 AM
A no-bullshit, cut-the-crap, let's-not-beat-around-the-bush person.

Sancha
10-26-2009, 11:20 AM
My definishun of a man is a guy that likes to be all romantic and shit. You know a guy that waches off his pinga before we make love because he just slept with his wife. That is a gentleman. You know a guy that likes to switch it up and not just do it in his car but sometimes in a motel 6.
Someone who isn't afraid of my baby's daddy Chuy. Most of them say they aren't scared but I think it's because Chuy is locked up right now.
To me that is a real man.

angel_luv
10-26-2009, 11:51 AM
My definition of an admirable man is someone who loves and serves Jesus, first and foremost.
Also important is a man who prioritizes his family- is tender to his wife and who nutures and properly instructs his kids, and who strives to live at peace with all his relatives. In addition, a man is someone who has a good work ethic, a kind heart, and generous nature.
A sense of humor is an incredible plus. Talent is also great, but talent alone does not a man make.

For a visual aid of the best man ever, see my husband.
Sorry Ladies, he's taken! :)

BacktoBasics
10-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Sancha makes me laugh.

JoeChalupa
10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
I would answer but I'm a man.

IronMexican
10-26-2009, 12:16 PM
My definishun of a man is a guy that likes to be all romantic and shit. You know a guy that waches off his pinga before we make love because he just slept with his wife. That is a gentleman. You know a guy that likes to switch it up and not just do it in his car but sometimes in a motel 6.
Someone who isn't afraid of my baby's daddy Chuy. Most of them say they aren't scared but I think it's because Chuy is locked up right now.

:lmao

The Gemini Method
10-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Man, Sancha does have a point...it's always nicer when Chuy is locked up. That way, you don't end up dealing with that bullshit.

It is also not a surprise she enticed a moment of laughter from IM...cuz you and I both know there are a million girls like that out here in LA.

thispego
10-26-2009, 01:02 PM
A no-bullshit, cut-the-crap, let's-not-beat-around-the-bush person.

what would you know about being a real man, gay guy? :lol

IronMexican
10-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Man, Sancha does have a point...it's always nicer when Chuy is locked up. That way, you don't end up dealing with that bullshit.

It is also not a surprise she enticed a moment of laughter from IM...cuz you and I both know there are a million girls like that out here in LA.

Lol, pretty much. You go to a party and there's those girls who are not that good looking who are just waiting for the guys who didn't bring their girl with them or don't have one. And they really don't care where they fuck.

ginobili's bald spot
10-26-2009, 01:19 PM

:lol Nice troll.

CuckingFunt
10-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I kept trying to think of an answer to this question, but none of the characteristics I came up with were gender specific. I don't think of people in terms of "real man" or "real woman" so much as I think of people in terms of their being a decent human being or an interesting person. Honesty, strength, humor, kindness, vulnerability (but not weakness), consideration, etc., are all characteristics that I value in everyone, regardless of gender.

Rappin' Raptor
10-26-2009, 04:20 PM
I kept trying to think of an answer to this question, but none of the characteristics I came up with were gender specific. I don't think of people in terms of "real man" or "real woman" so much as I think of people in terms of their being a decent human being or an interesting person. Honesty, strength, humor, kindness, vulnerability (but not weakness), consideration, etc., are all characteristics that I value in everyone, regardless of gender.

What about extinct species? What do you look for in a prehistoric carnivore?

xellos88330
10-26-2009, 04:29 PM
What about extinct species? What do you look for in a prehistoric carnivore?

I read somewhere that scientists are thinking that the Raptor species was a matriarchal society.