PDA

View Full Version : Cotto Paquiao 24/7

Yogurt210
10-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Pretty good episode.

seems like manny is being distracted though with weather and other activities. Not good for him.
Cotto is still content and dedicated and eating pinchos...yummm

Manny, I love you..you're a great boxer and person but Cotto will be a little too much for you.

rjv
10-26-2009, 09:43 AM
i see cotto as being able to give manny some problems early on but ultimately i would look for manny to prevail with a late round TKO>

hater
10-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Manny easily... easily

TheMACHINE
10-26-2009, 12:57 PM
DO2rlcdhRdU

Yogurt210
10-26-2009, 02:38 PM
seems like the whole forum is for Manny.....cept for me..

I..Cannot...Wait.... :)

I. Hustle
10-26-2009, 02:46 PM
I am just for a good fight. I have been following Manny since before he was with Freddie Roach so of course I am leaning towards him BUT Cotto is no push over and hopefully it turns into a good fight.

rjv
10-26-2009, 03:17 PM
i am not a big manny fan but i do think he can take cotto. i like cotto enough though.

TheMACHINE
10-26-2009, 05:33 PM
manny in 4

xellos88330
10-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Manny all the way.

bugoy
10-27-2009, 02:50 AM
im going to be in vegas that weekend...woooooooooooo

fmedrano1977
10-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Manny limited skills? Your an idiot!

bugoy
11-01-2009, 02:45 AM
Manny limited skills? Your an idiot!
are you pinoy with last name medrano? are we related? i dont know many filipinos with that last name...

TheTruth
11-01-2009, 06:49 AM
FILIPINO FILIPINO FILIPINO!!

I've never been so worried about a fight. Cotto has insane power for a guy his size.

TheMACHINE
11-02-2009, 01:35 AM
FILIPINO FILIPINO FILIPINO!!

I've never been so worried about a fight. Cotto has insane power for a guy his size.

dont matter cuz cotto wont be able to hit him

mexicanjunior
11-04-2009, 09:48 AM
After watching the first 2 episodes, it seems like the stay over in the Philippines really got Manny unfocused and he doesn't look good right now. That may change as we see more episodes of him training in LA but he seemed to be doing WAY too much farting around on TV shows and promotional tours. Cotto on the other hand looks really focused although I could do without all the pool shots of him and his chubby panda friend...

Yogurt210
11-04-2009, 04:49 PM
dont matter cuz cotto wont be able to hit him

yeah, you're right, since Manny has never been hit!, lmao!

/end sarcasm

TheMACHINE
11-05-2009, 04:02 PM
yeah, you're right, since Manny has never been hit!, lmao!

/end sarcasm

nice one...now come back and tell us the LAST TIME Manny hit the floor. ;)

Anyways...here's the latest from Mannys camp
6gilzWCtOQw

Yogurt210
11-06-2009, 11:13 AM
nice one...now come back and tell us the LAST TIME Manny hit the floor. ;)

Anyways...here's the latest from Mannys camp
6gilzWCtOQw

He has been hit plenty..but this time he will be hit by a real puncher. just wait.

TheMachine please sign in to here right after the fight.
I wanna hear your excuses after the fight, haha.

JoshO501
11-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I think its going to be a close fight. Manny wins by decision or cotto wins by KO.

TheMACHINE
11-06-2009, 05:26 PM
He has been hit plenty..but this time he will be hit by a real puncher. just wait.

TheMachine please sign in to here right after the fight.
I wanna hear your excuses after the fight, haha.

Once agian...i said tell us last time Manny hit the floor. THE FLOOR.

Yogurt210
11-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Once agian...i said tell us last time Manny hit the floor. THE FLOOR.

Manny has hit the floor just as much as cotto has.
He has alos been KO'd more than cotto :)

Kobulingam
11-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Manny has hit the floor just as much as cotto has.
He has alos been KO'd more than cotto :)

Manny has only been knocked down due to body shots (back when he was a skeleton in his early days). He has no problem with body shots these days.

Yogurt210
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Manny has only been knocked down due to body shots (back when he was a skeleton in his early days). He has no problem with body shots these days.

we shall see, wont we?

hater
11-07-2009, 11:40 PM
we shall see, wont we?

yogurt, 1 more week. please make sure you come back to post once cotto get's his ass beat down.

Yogurt210
11-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Ill be here win or lose ,lmao.

But I know for a fact..its going to be for a win..

BWS-1994
11-09-2009, 08:22 AM
No disrespect to Cotto, but right now, I'm more worried about the distractions surrounding Manny.

He must be really confident though to even have a mini-concert after the match, regardless of the outcome.

TheMACHINE
11-09-2009, 11:11 AM
No disrespect to Cotto, but right now, I'm more worried about the distractions surrounding Manny.

He must be really confident though to even have a mini-concert after the match, regardless of the outcome.

Manny always has distractions...every fight.

Whisky Dog
11-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Critics: Cotto mentally unprepared for fight with Pacquiao
17 hours ago by Leo Reyes.
Listen to this article (by ReadSpeaker)

bendjsf
Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto pose for the cameras with Top Rank's Bob Arum during the San Francisco leg of their press tour last September
Barely a week before Miguel Cotto climbs into the ring to face Manny Pacquiao in their "Firepower" match on Nov. 14, in Las Vegas, boxing critics say the Puerto Rican boxer is unprepared for the biggest fight in his boxing career.
WBO Champion Miguel Cotto seems unprepared for his Nov. 14 date with Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas, Nevada, critics say.
Barely a week before fight night, Cotto is struggling with a number of major distractions while his handlers are doing the finishing touches for his last leg of training before he collides with the pound for-pound king.
The latest of these distractions is a report by popular sportswriter Joaquin Henson of Philstar.com regarding the case filed in court by Evangelista Cotto, the boxer's uncle and former trainer, for damages amounting to $7.5 million.
Tempers flared when Cotto wanted to move his training camp from Caguas to Tampa, Florida, against Evangelista’s wishes. They scuffled, leaving Cotto’s uncle with a broken nose and busted ribs. Evangelista said he was “brutally attacked” and suffered “serious injuries.” He filed a $7.5 million suit for damages, mainly for breach of contract, secondarily for injuries and “emotional stress” from the brawl.
The case stemmed from a near-violent encounter between Miguel Cotto and his uncle Evangelista which led to a bloody ending. It was reported that trouble started when Cotto started to move his training to Tampa Florida against the wishes of his uncle Evangelista. Cotto's actions led to the termination of the services of his uncle.
Another distraction which made boxing fans believe Cotto is ill-prepared for the Nov. 14 encounter with Pacquiao is recurring news Cotto has become a damaged fighter after his brutal defeat against Antonio Margarito of Mexico who inflicted so much punishment on the Puerto Rican boxer. A former member of Team Cotto who is now working in Team Pacquiao was quoted to have said, "Cotto is a damaged fighter." Cotto is denying that his devastating loss to Margarito badly affected his performance as a boxer. The handlers of Margarito were reported to have allegedly inserted illegal wraps into the gloves of the Mexican boxer, which caused his devastating loss.
There are also persistent reports Cotto is struggling with his Tampa team led by Joe Santiago who took over from his uncle Evangelista as trainer and coach.
And still another distraction concerning the boxers ex-wife (now reconciled) and children appeared to be affecting the psychological preparedness of the Puerto Rican boxer. It was earlier reported that Cotto's uncle resented the boxer's way of handling his family affairs. Cotto has a daughter by another woman.
Miguel Cotto has fought twice since his devastating loss to Margarito and won both fights. He was sluggish in his fight with Joshua Clottey of Ghana and nearly lost the fight, prompting critics to say that he is no longer the same powerful puncher that he was before his fight with Margarito.
Miguel Cotto and Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines will collide in their "Firepower" match on Nov. 14 at the GM Grand garden arena in Las Vegas Nevada.

The Gemini Method
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Cotto was simply obliterated by Margarito...what makes anyone think that he'll be able to improve against a fighter who is better than Margarito in all aspects of pugilism? Cotto also has a brand new corner man who has no experience in a huge fight of this magnitude. This is old hat for Pacquiao as he has quite possibly the best corner man in Freddie Roach--who is Bill Belichick in his prepartions. He has a huge advantage over Santiago with his ability to coach Manny and exploit his opponent's weaknesses.

However, the ascending of Pacquiao's star is quite concerning going into the fight. I don't know if I were worrying about my singing career and doing too many extracurricular activities so close to the fight. That may prove to be a distraction for Manny in this fight, but as it has obviously been stated above, Cotto has his own issues that may influence how this bout will unfold.

I've got to say that it'll be a good fight, but Pacquiao will win...

dbreiden83080
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
The loss to Maragarito i can buy has hurt Cotto badly. All it can take is that one bad loss to damage a fighter to the point where he is no longer the same. Oscar did it to Vargas, he looked shot after that fight in 2002. The whole plaster in the hands thing is fucked up. Was Margarito really getting away with this for a long time?? The commisions need to be shot dead if they never caught this until the Mosley fight, i mean seriously..

hater
11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
LMAO still remember that puerto rican day gift Cotto received in form of a win vs. Clottey. what a joke of a fight.

Cotto is gonna get demolished

Whisky Dog
11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
"Cotto was simply obliterated by Margarito...what makes anyone think that he'll be able to improve against a fighter who is better than Margarito in all aspects of pugilism?"

If Pac fights with loaded gloves he'll definitely win.

TheMACHINE
11-10-2009, 06:55 PM
DLH was washed up
Hatton was past his prime
Cotto was damged goods

The excuses continues when Manny whoops Cotto.

Yogurt210
11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
just wait folks...wait and see manny get rocked like never b4.

TheMACHINE
11-10-2009, 08:01 PM
just wait folks...wait and see manny get rocked like never b4.

thats cuz he really never got rocked.

Cleveland Steamer
11-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Pac Man via brutal KO.

TheMACHINE
11-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Fighters make their Cotto-Pacquiao picks

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 | Print Entry

So, who do you like in the big Miguel Cotto-Manny Pacquiao welterweight title bout on Saturday night (HBO PPV) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas? It's the question all boxing fans are talking about as we are just a few days away from the year's biggest, most anticipated fight.

You can read my official pick on our Fight Credential page, but how about some predictions from some famous fighters and former fighters?

• George Foreman (Hall of Famer and former two-time heavyweight champ): "I think there would have been a good opportunity for Pacquiao to win if he faced Cotto before he fought Clottey, but now Cotto is thinking defense. I think Cotto is going to pull out a decision, and now because of the terrible beating he took against Margarito, he knows he can't get into a knockdown, drag-out brawl. He's going to be smarter, and I think Cotto wins in a 12-round decision. Pacquiao has been riding high and has beaten some of the best in the world. And it leaves you kind of complacent when you're winning. And even if you don't want it to, sometimes you can't get up for a big fight. And that's a plus for Cotto."

• Mike Tyson (former two-time heavyweight champ): "I pick Manny Pacquiao by knockout. I think he will knock him out in [Rounds] 7 or 8. Manny just has too much for Cotto."

• Bernard Hopkins (former middleweight and light heavyweight champ): "Pacquiao is going to chop Cotto up. Out of respect, Cotto will get some rounds, but Manny is the Bruce Lee of boxing. His basketball and martial arts background give him that speed agility. You can't tell where his shots are coming from. Unlike Rocky, Bruce Lee was a real dude and so is Manny."

• Joe Calzaghe (former super middleweight and light heavyweight champ): "I think Manny Pacquiao is going to be too quick for Cotto. I was ringside when Cotto fought Clottey. He seemed to struggle a bit in that fight and it is hard to say what he will do against a faster, quicker Pacquiao. I know people say Cotto is the bigger guy but I still think Pacquiao beats him in a decision."

• Chad Dawson (interim light heavyweight titlist): "Manny Pacquiao, he's the best, he's on top right now."

• Sugar Shane Mosley (welterweight titlist, who has a decision loss to Cotto): "It's going to be an interesting fight, and I think Pacquiao better take it very seriously. I think Cotto will win because he's a little bit bigger and is a real welterweight. His power may be enough to overcome Pacquiao's speed. I think Cotto wins in a decision."

• Winky Wright (former junior middleweight champ): "If Cotto stays busy, he'll win a decision. I think that Cotto will win the fight, but I thinks it's gonna be a good fight."

• Felix Trinidad (former three-division champ): "Manny is a big puncher and a good boxer, but he has never faced a natural welterweight like Miguel. Cotto is the most dangerous fight of Pacquiao's career. On the night of the fight, Pacquiao will still not be a full welterweight. And Cotto is very strong. As the fight plays out, around Rounds 7, 8, 9, that's when Cotto starts taking over. I think Cotto will win by decision, but he might even get a knockout. With all of my heart I think Miguel Cotto will win."

• Hector Camacho (former lightweight champ): "I'm a Puerto Rican like Cotto, but I like Pacquiao because he has fought better guys, like Oscar De La Hoya. I see him having no problem against Cotto. Cotto is not a smart fighter."

• Carlos Ortiz (Hall of Famer and former two-division champ): "Pacquiao is a good boxer and Cotto is a fighter. I'm going to give the edge to Cotto, and not just because he's Puerto Rican, but because of the way he fights. He always comes to fight, he's always in shape. Cotto is going to have the edge. I see him winning by decision, but I do think he can knock Pacquiao out if the chance arrives."

Yogurt210
11-13-2009, 04:30 PM
1 more day fellas, 1 more day.
I have been waiting forever.

Yogurt210
11-13-2009, 04:31 PM
My prediction: Cotto in 9.

VivaPopovich
11-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Pacquiao will knock him out in the 3rd round.

Go Manny Go!

TheMACHINE
11-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Crazy how most pros say that Cotto is bigger so Cotto will win.....by decision. WTF...he's not big enough to TKO or KO Pacman? But only win by decision?!

Whisky Dog
11-14-2009, 01:53 AM
I don't see pac getting a KO - cotto's too big and has a good chin. It took a strong dude like margarito with additional loaded gloves a whole fight to physically wear down cotto. If cotto can hit him consistently he will win. If he can't and pac is too fast it will be a pac decision.

me15lo
11-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Manny loses bad in this one, maybe even knocked out if he doesn't run. Sucks because I was hoping Mayweather got a chance to make him look like an amateur.

you'd be eating that shit in 3 hours time

Man In Black
11-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Pac is going to hurt Cotto real bad.

antimvp
11-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Pacman TKO in 7

Man In Black
11-14-2009, 11:17 PM
If Cotto fights Pac the same way he fought Clottey, he is definitely about to get his ass kicked back to Puerto Rico. Sorry Boricuas, but the Pinoy is an equal-opportunity destroyer.

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Illegal stream is up and working alright lets get this on... :ihit

BWS-1994
11-14-2009, 11:41 PM
I didn't know there was so much tension in Manny's corner (between Roach, Ariza and one of his advisers) until I saw "24/7".

And Cotto looks more relaxed contrary to reports.

Cotto for power, Manny for speed. I'll take the latter - TKO in 9.

BWS-1994
11-14-2009, 11:41 PM
I didn't know there was so much tension in Manny's corner (between Roach, Ariza and one of his advisers) until I saw "24/7".

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 11:43 PM

Manny loves Freddie though..

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 11:52 PM
RD 1 Cotto..

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 11:56 PM
RD 2 Manny fucking great Round..

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Manny got a knockdown in the 3rd, but Cotto won the rest of the Round great fight so far..

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Another knockdown for Manny he is taking over now..

u4lakers14
First Round
A huge roar went up for the crowd at the opening bell. Cotto startled Pacquiao with a shot to the head about halfway through the round but it didn't seem to hurt the Filipino. In fact, abot half a minute later Pacquiao was on the offensive. The two fighters clinched to start the final minute as the Puerto Rican half of the crowd roars Cotto Cotto Cotto. Cotto misses with a wild uppercut with 14 seconds left as the action picks up. Cotto wins the round 10-9

u4lakers14
Round Two
Cotto continues to push the action. Pacquiao can't seem to get close enough the bigger, stronger Cotto to get in a good shot. But about halfway through the round he finds an opening and delivers a combination. Seconds later Cotto responds, getting Pacquiao against the ropes and delivering a flurry of punches. Although the action is fast, few of the punches seems to be doing much damage. Until Pacquiao gets off a rapid-fire three-punch combination with about 15 seconds left. The crowd is on its feet. When the bell sounds, Pacquiao drops his gloves and stares at Cotto. Pacquiao wins round, 10-9

u4lakers14
Round 3

Pacquiao makes the sign of the cross before coming out his corner for the third round. Cotto throws a left that Pacquiao sidesteps and, with Cotto off balance, he stumbles. Although he never falls completely to the canvas, going to one knee, referee Kenny Bayless calls it a knockdown. Pacquiao's speed, which surprised so many other fighers, apppears to be too much for Cotto, who continues to punch at spots Pacquiao just left. Pacquiao wins the round 10-8

u4lakers14
11-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Round 4

Cotto, looking for an opening, gets off a couple of good lefts early in the round but they apppears to have little effect. Pacquiao appears content to bide his time, dancing away from Cotto and making him chance. But he punches as he moves and the two fighters exchange a brutal flurry with less than 90 seconds left in the round. Cotto gets Pacquiao pinned against the ropes and momentairily gains the advnatage. But Pacquiao escapes and as the two fighers mvoes to the center of the ring, Cotto goes down again. This time, all the way down for a hard left to the chin. He looks hurt and he's bleeding below one eye Pacquiao 10-8

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Close RD 5 gave it to Cotto..

u4lakers14
11-15-2009, 12:09 AM
as usual, Pacquiao is in a higher gear than his opponent

eyeh8u
11-15-2009, 12:10 AM
why is ac slater a commentator

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:13 AM
RD 6 all Manny pulling away on the cards..

u4lakers14
11-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Round 5

The Filipino half of the crowd breaks into another chant of Manny, Manny, Manny. And this time it's Cotto who is backing away. Pacquiao is fighting forward now. But instead of going to the body of the bigger Cotto, as was expected, he's going straight at the Puerto Rican's head, perhaps hoping to expand the cut under Cotto's eye. Pacquiao appears supremely confident but he makes a mistake with 30 seconds left, throwing a wild punch that leaves his wide open. Cotto can't take advantage, through, and the round again ends with Pacquiao swarming all over the befuddled Cotto. Pacquiao, 10-9

u4lakers14
11-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Round 6

Cotto needs to get back into the fight but he's not going to try to do it with one punch. With Pacquiao going for the head consistently, Cotto is now able to duck punches. Pacquiao may need to change a bit. With 1:32 left in the round, he gets Cotto on the ropes and gets off a combination but Cotto escapes. Pacquiao gets him again in the middle of the ring with another two shots. Cotto's face is showing the damage, looking red and perhaps a bit swollen. Pacquiao twice gets Cotto on the ropes in the final 15 seconds and almost gets him down for a third time but he inexplicably stops for just a second, allowing Cotto to recover and the round ends with Cotto counterpunching. Pacquiao 10-9

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Cotto is gonna get KO'd he's looking bad..

u4lakers14
11-15-2009, 12:17 AM
RD 6 all Manny pulling away on the cards..

definitly.

ive got it after 6 rds

pacman-59
cotto-53

u4lakers14
11-15-2009, 12:19 AM
was he cut over AND under his eye?

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:21 AM
RD 8 all Manny they may stop this soon Cotto is done..

u4lakers14
he doesnt look like he did 5 rounds ago. his whole face is swelling

dallaskd
Cotto won the first 2 rounds, but ever since he's been getting worked bad. Complete retreat mode now. Keeps protecting that eye.

u4lakers14
11-15-2009, 12:22 AM
lol. that little dude is a beast

u4lakers14
11-15-2009, 12:23 AM
i gave the 2nd to pacman. it was the last close round

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Props to Cotto for coming out of his corner.

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Manny beat the hell out of Cotto in RD 9 Cotto corner should stop it

u4lakers14
11-15-2009, 12:25 AM
corner should stop it

yep. should have

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:29 AM
2 rds to go Manny killing Cotto why let this go on he has no chance to win a decision.. His corner is doing him no favors..

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Cotto looks like a dirty, smelly piece of shit. He'll get knocked out in the 12th

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:33 AM
RD 12 to go

Manny has won really every round..

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 12:34 AM
RD 12 to go

Manny has won really every round..

Not the first, but not like it matters :lol

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 12:35 AM
its over. kenny bayless stops it

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Ref Stoppage in RD 12 another brilliant win for Manny

Will Floyd finally feel the pressure to fight Manny??

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Mayweather has to fight him now.

It's the only fight out there

The only one for him at all...

eyeh8u
11-15-2009, 12:36 AM
in 3 yrs this guy is gonna fight klitchko

anakha
11-15-2009, 12:37 AM
So what's the excuse for Manny's opponent losing this time?

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Manny/Floyd, would be the biggest superfight since Hagler/Leonard

It has to happen..

iggypop123
11-15-2009, 12:38 AM
why didnt buffer say to the millions watching on ppv and on links instead of just ppv. you know its the truth

me15lo
11-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao, bitches

Next!

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Manny didn't call out Floyd what the Fuck Come on????

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Freddie Roach called Floyd out :lol

InRareForm
11-15-2009, 12:47 AM
fuck outta here cotta!

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Cotto very very classy in defeat..

Big Props to him... :toast

Yogurt210
11-15-2009, 01:01 AM
decent fight.Props to Manny, he never ceases to amaze. I thought for sure Cotto would give him problems. yeah I know, rub it in, lol..owell.

Good luck to manny, and lets hope he whoops Mayweather.

MrChug
11-15-2009, 01:25 AM

Now THAT'S funny! Gonna be the first to win a title in THIRTEEN weight classes in history. lol Nice post!

jmard5
11-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Wapakman! No more Cotto Cartel.

TheMACHINE
11-15-2009, 01:29 AM
pacman - top 5 all time?

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Floyd must take this fight. They'll both make a truckload of money, just do a damn 50/50 split. I don't think it happens otherwise, not with Bob Arum pulling the strings for Manny and Floyd's need to be greedy as all hell. And he supposedly has money problems these days..

TheMACHINE
11-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Per ESPN: Richard Schaeffer told Ross Greenburg of HBO he will be calling Bob Arum Monday to make the Pacquiao-Mayweather match. Arum expects PPV numbers for this fight to be huge, so he said Schaeffer should call him on Wednesday (after PPV numbers are released) instead of Monday. LOL

jmard5
11-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Per ESPN: Richard Schaeffer told Ross Greenburg of HBO he will be calling Bob Arum Monday to make the Pacquiao-Mayweather match. Arum expects PPV numbers for this fight to be huge, so he said Schaeffer should call him on Wednesday (after PPV numbers are released) instead of Monday. LOL

LoL @ Arum calling the shots. Nice.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Cowboys stadium is being mentioned as possible locations for the Mayweather Pac-man fight... that would be amazing

TheMACHINE
11-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Cowboys stadium is being mentioned as possible locations for the Mayweather Pac-man fight... that would be amazing

We'll see how bad MGM wants it. lol.

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Arum expects PPV numbers for this fight to be huge, so he said Schaeffer should call him on Wednesday (after PPV numbers are released) instead of Monday. LOL

Oh yeah, they'll be no problems with this negotiation.. :lol

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 02:01 AM
We'll see how bad MGM wants it. lol.

Gotta cater to the gamblers..

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-15-2009, 02:08 AM
Gotta cater to the gamblers..

Yeah... But you know Jerry will push hard to try to get it

TheMACHINE
11-15-2009, 02:10 AM
crazy..during the fight i was like.."i think manny is testing cotto's power, he's just standing there getting hit." Thought it was a bold move, but it worked i guess.

TheTruth
11-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Manny is the man. Unbelievable beating he gave Cotto. Wow. Cotto gave it pretty good in return though.

Biggest surprise of the fight was definitely Pac's chin. Cotto was hitting him hard. PBF can't hurt manny.

NEXT!!!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 02:19 AM
PBF can't hurt manny.

NEXT!!!!!!!!

This damn thing needs to happen already. Not since the days of Hagler/Leonard, Leonard/Hearns, Hagler/Hearns have people wanted a fight so bad.. It would do over 2 mil PPV buys, probably the biggest buy-rate of all time..

TheTruth
11-15-2009, 02:21 AM

I don't see the Jones' being able to match the money that the MGM can give them upfront. No chance without that gambling money.

The biggest fight of the last 15 years will be in Vegas. I'd be very surprised otherwise.

TheMACHINE
11-15-2009, 02:28 AM
hell yah...pacman took all of Cotto's shot and smiled. lol. Im pretty sure Manny can take PBF's hits.

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 02:49 AM
I don't see the Jones' being able to match the money that the MGM can give them upfront. No chance without that gambling money.

The biggest fight of the last 15 years will be in Vegas. I'd be very surprised otherwise.

The gambling money is everything, Vegas will get the fight..

Ginofan
11-15-2009, 03:09 AM
http://watchpacquiaocotto.blogspot.com/

djam_24
11-15-2009, 06:41 AM
great great win for pacman.will manny be considered the greatest fighter in boxing if he fights floyd and win?

IronMexican
11-15-2009, 11:09 AM

:lmao

tlongII
11-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Great fight for Pacman. I still don't think he can beat Floyd though. He won't be able to hit him.

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Great fight for Pacman. I still don't think he can beat Floyd though. He won't be able to hit him.

It's a fight Floyd has to take. For the last few years he has acted like Manny is unworthy of a fight with him. Well get in there put on a show and back up your talk buddy..

TheMACHINE
11-15-2009, 12:27 PM
It's a fight Floyd has to take. For the last few years he has acted like Manny is unworthy of a fight with him. Well get in there put on a show and back up your talk buddy..

who you got on that fight?

Whisky Dog
11-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Too much speed.

Come on Jerry, put your negotiation skills to work and get this superfight of the 21st century right here in Dallas in the biggest, baddest stadium on earth. Dooooooo It!

Whisky Dog
11-15-2009, 12:37 PM
I hope Manny whips that bitches ass so baddd. I've never been a pac fan but he's a respectful and respectable guy it appears instead of a bitch like Floyd.

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 01:48 PM
who you got on that fight?

I'll take Floyd because of how bad he made Marquez look and Marquez gave Manny all he could handle. I thought he beat Manny the 2nd fight. Floyd is just SO damn hard to hit. But it would be a hell of a fight to see. It's time to find out already..

fmedrano1977
11-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I'll take Floyd because of how bad he made Marquez look and Marquez gave Manny all he could handle. I thought he beat Manny the 2nd fight. Floyd is just SO damn hard to hit. But it would be a hell of a fight to see. It's time to find out already..

All I have to say is Mayweather is a defensive fighter and doesn't take risk and counters all night long making his fights fucking boring. Pacman pushes forward all night long putting his ass in harms way which is why he tends to get hit and his fights more exciting.

MrChug
11-15-2009, 05:40 PM
great great win for pacman.will manny be considered the greatest fighter in boxing if he fights floyd and win?

Pac IS the best pound for pound fighter in boxing because Floyd Roy Jones'ed himself out of some big fights to cause critics to question his heart and his ego-driven retirement.

Now is Mayweather just as amazing? In my opinion, yes. He's great. But he doesn't get the distinction of the best fighter in boxing back until he beats The Pac Man.

mexicanjunior
11-15-2009, 11:33 PM
I was shocked at how easily Manny destroyed Cotto with his hand speed. I thought Cotto had more elusiveness than that but Pac can make alot of decent defensive fighters look bad. Cotto really did himself a disservice by not attacking the body more, especially when Manny put his hands straight up and dared him to hit him. I knew Cotto had a suspect chin but I didn't think Manny's power would affect him as much as it did...he has definitely made me a believer. I would take Manny against pretty much any welterweight fighting right now.

BWS-1994
11-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Same face, same result.

Cotto looked just as bad as when Margarito defeated him, also with a 12th round referee stoppage.

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2009, 05:17 AM
alot of you guys say the real money is in vegas, or cowboyz stadium, how about a match in china?

Cotto wasnt even aggressive in this match, he didnt even dictate it...

hater
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Ill be here win or lose ,lmao.

But I know for a fact..its going to be for a win..

Yogurt MIA. as expected :) where u at biatch???

Manny loses bad in this one, maybe even knocked out if he doesn't run. Sucks because I was hoping Mayweather got a chance to make him look like an amateur.

:lol luva once again dropping his "knowledge" of sports

Yogurt210
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Yogurt MIA. as expected :) where u at biatch???

:lol luva once again dropping his "knowledge" of sports

If you read back a page or two, you will see my response, and don't get cocky ho.

BacktoBasics
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
If you read back a page or two, you will see my response, and don't get cocky ho.You badly called the last two against Pac. You gonna give this guy his due?

TheMACHINE
11-16-2009, 12:41 PM

I'll choose Manny using the same logic as yours. Manny destroyed Hatton in 2rounds when it took PFB 8 or 9. Manny made DLH quit when it took PBF a desicion. Also, just watching the Cotto/pacman fight, we just learned that pacman can ALSO take the hits. Its gonna be a crazy fight. Hope it happens.

BTW, i just heard a Jim Lampley interview. He said, this recent fight passed up PBF/Marquez in PPV sales by half a million, which means it'll be harded to negotiate due to PBF wanting more money then pacman. Also, he said if PBF doesnt take the fight, he better fight Mosely or he loses all credibility.

hater
11-16-2009, 01:10 PM
If you read back a page or two, you will see my response, and don't get cocky ho.

so what happened to your boy cotto? thought he was gonna destroy pacman?

:downspin:

hater
11-16-2009, 01:13 PM
which means it'll be harded to negotiate due to PBF wanting more money then pacman.

yup, this will be the dealbreaker if there is one.

If mayweather he does not take the fight, that will be his excuse. He already stated he does not have to fight pacman. pussy

bugoy
11-16-2009, 04:36 PM
i loved seeing pac sing la bamba at his post fight concert, that and him performing 'para sayo' (means 'this fights for you'

Yogurt210
11-17-2009, 01:11 PM
You badly called the last two against Pac. You gonna give this guy his due?

this is the only fight That I went against PAc, so get ya' facts straight.

anakha
11-17-2009, 01:16 PM
i loved seeing pac sing la bamba at his post fight concert, that and him performing 'para sayo' (means 'this fights for you'

Samtimes when we tats, the hanesty's too mats...

I'm proud of Manny, but get the guy away from a mic. Especially if he's singing in English. :p:

rjv
11-17-2009, 04:15 PM
yup, this will be the dealbreaker if there is one.

If mayweather he does not take the fight, that will be his excuse. He already stated he does not have to fight pacman. pussy

i think there will be so much adoration and accolades made about pac that floyd's giant ego will not be able to deal with it and he could cave.

the real issue is going to be the $$$$ but you know the powers that be want this fight to happen in the worst way because the pay off will be a record breaker.

TheMACHINE
11-17-2009, 05:13 PM
i think there will be so much adoration and accolades made about pac that floyd's giant ego will not be able to deal with it and he could cave.

the real issue is going to be the $$$$ but you know the powers that be want this fight to happen in the worst way because the pay off will be a record breaker.

PBF will pretend that its not enough money...he wants no part of the pacman. he's to busy trying to convince the world he is number 1 in interviews instead of trying to prove it in the ring. lol

bugoy
11-18-2009, 03:32 AM
PBF is a hypocrite

The thing is with Pacquiao I don't see any versatility as a fighter," Mayweather told Sky's Adam Smith. "He's a good puncher but just one-dimensional. I'm in a no-win situation. If I beat Manny Pacquiao do you know what they [the critics] are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweatherhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/3446_magglass.gif (http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=21910&more=1#). You are the bigger man.' I I knock him out they'll say, 'You're supposed to knock him out, he's been knocked out before.'

"I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no-one is going to be surprised, because he's been beaten before. He's been beaten on three occasions."

after he cherry picks marquez to fight

TheTruth
11-18-2009, 06:46 AM
alot of you guys say the real money is in vegas, or cowboyz stadium, how about a match in china?

Cotto wasnt even aggressive in this match, he didnt even dictate it...

Pay Per View wouldn't allow that to happen.

bugoy
11-18-2009, 10:33 AM
no way is the fight going to be in china

I. Hustle
11-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Samtimes when we tats, the hanesty's too mats...

I'm proud of Manny, but get the guy away from a mic. Especially if he's singing in English. :p:

He reminds me of another singer.
http://blogs.tampabay.com/.a/6a00d83451b05569e201157161ba3f970c-100wi

TheMACHINE
11-18-2009, 12:21 PM
PBF is a hypocrite

after he cherry picks marquez to fight

lol...that fool went 12 rounds with a Light Weight and expects us to give him credit for it while the guy he talks shit about went against Miguel Cotto, a legit wealterweight. :lol

bugoy
11-18-2009, 12:24 PM
have any of yall been to vegas during fight night weekend? shits pretty insane, why do half the pinays from cali have to have crazy tattoos lol most of the pinays here in texas keep it clean