PDA

View Full Version : Obama plays more golf in 9 months than Bush did in three years

spursncowboys
10-26-2009, 08:11 AM
President Obama has already hit the links as much as President Bush did in over two years. | AP Close

President Barack Obama has only been in office for just over nine months, but he's already hit the links as much as President Bush did in over two years.

CBS' Mark Knoller — an unofficial documentarian and statistician of all things White House-related — wrote on his Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/markknoller/status/5154321964) that, "Today - Obama ties Pres. Bush in the number of rounds of golf played in office: 24.
Took Bush 2 yrs & 10 months."

This news comes on the heels of today's news (http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0910/battle_of_sexes_on_the_golf_course.html) that Obama played golf with a woman — chief domestic policy adviser Melody Barnes — for the first time since taking office.
http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0910/obama_ties_bush_on_golf.html

DAF86
10-26-2009, 08:25 AM
:lmao

ElNono
10-26-2009, 08:26 AM
This is really important (tm)

spursncowboys
10-26-2009, 08:28 AM
:lmao:wow wow.Sexy!

redskinfan
10-26-2009, 08:34 AM
I wonder how many times Obama has gone hunting? I hope more times than Bush if not I will be monumentally disappointed.

spursncowboys
10-26-2009, 08:43 AM
I wonder how many times Obama has gone hunting? I hope more times than Bush if not I will be monumentally disappointed.
Seeing how Bush was president for eight years and BHO will only be for four (if that), it won't be a good way to judge. BTW how many times did Bush go hunting? How many family European vacations with 16 teleprompters did Bush take in his eight years?

boutons_deux
10-26-2009, 08:44 AM
golf? lots of business done during golf.

dubya broke even St Ronnie's record for days of vacation.

And we know dubya worked even harder on vacation than he did at the WH.

clambake
10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
best business deals i've ever made occurred while playing golf.

baseline bum
10-26-2009, 08:55 AM
How many days has Obama spent clearing brush in Crawford?

FromWayDowntown
10-26-2009, 08:59 AM

or anywhere else, for that matter.

One man's day spent clearing brush is another's day on the links, I suppose.

boutons_deux
10-26-2009, 09:20 AM
dubya loving to clear brush was pure PR faux he-man BS, like St Ronnie riding horses and chopping wood, as dubya lives in a brushless Dallas enclave.

Repugs insult most people's intelligence with this BS, but it goes over the heads of their hard-core base. :lol

redskinfan
10-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Seeing how Bush was president for eight years and BHO will only be for four (if that), it won't be a good way to judge. BTW how many times did Bush go hunting? How many family European vacations with 16 teleprompters did Bush take in his eight years?

Obsessed aren't we?..this is exaclty why the conservative party has become such a joke..instead of trying to make life easier for us the American people they are content with teleprompter jokes or looking at how many times this man golf's and prolly shits and what type of paper he uses...btw I am sure he uses teleprompters to not come across as a total Idiot like Bush did...

EmptyMan
10-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Golf lol.

Cry Havoc
10-26-2009, 11:02 AM
http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/piratesarecool4.gif

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 11:29 AM
I bet you anything Cry havoc was laughing it up in his turtle neck and Rufus wainwright limited edition fanboy coffee mug as John Stewart would spoof Bush for not doing his job while golfing.

An utter hypocrite.

Now that obama is a worse offender, all these a-wads have short memories.

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Is there something wrong with presidents playing golf?

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Is there something wrong with presidents playing golf?

There's something wrong with being coy.

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 11:49 AM
I see you have no real objection to presidents playing golf. You object to me. Thanks for clearing that up. :tu

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 11:52 AM
I see you have no real objection to presidents playing golf. You object to me. Thanks for clearing that up. :tu

How convenient.

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 11:55 AM
I wasn't a big complainer about what GWB did in his spare time, so I feel free to dismiss it. Obama golfing now and then is a total nonissue, just like Bush clearing brush.

panic giraffe
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
we need more pirates, stat!

Shastafarian
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM

:lol

ChumpDumper
10-26-2009, 11:59 AM
The issue was Bush said he gave up golf for the troops.

He didn't.

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 12:02 PM
He did give up sweets, though.

EmptyMan
10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Clearing brush is actually pretty relaxing compared to most other work one is subject to on their property.

Winter time, cool weather, wet outside, smell of burning brush = Good times

Golf lol. Then again, Obama is a good baller. Alright, he gets a Free Pass.

spursncowboys
10-26-2009, 12:21 PM

He didn't.proof?

ChumpDumper
10-26-2009, 12:23 PM
proof?http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/13/bush-i-gave-up-golf-for-t_n_101595.html

DarrinS
I'm for Obama playing as much golf as possible.

Shastafarian
proof?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/13/AR2008051302783.html

http://cupofjoepowell.blogspot.com/2008/05/bush-lies-about-his-golf-sacrifice.html

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 12:27 PM
THe real issue is, Bush was criticized for playing golf in the first place. Him breaking his promise has nothing to do with your hypocrisy nor does it justify it.

HUffington Post! rofl rofl rofl!!

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 12:29 PM
10. The Law of Exclamation
First recorded (http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Law_of_exclamation) in an article by Lori Robertson at FactCheck.org in 2008, this states: "The more exclamation points used in an email (or other posting), the more likely it is a complete lie. This is also true for excessive capital letters."

It is reminiscent of the claim in Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels that the more exclamation marks someone uses in writing, the more likely they are to be mentally unbalanced.

According to Pratchett, five exclamation marks is an indicator of "someone who wears their underwear on the outside".

ChumpDumper
10-26-2009, 12:33 PM
THe real issue is, Bush was criticized for playing golf in the first place. Him breaking his promise has nothing to do with your hypocrisy nor does it justify it.I never criticized his playing golf initially, so there is no hypocrisy.

HUffington Post! rofl rofl rofl!!Do you have any issues with the facts put forth in the article?

DarrinS
10-26-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't care if POTUS plays golf, but I do remember how shrill the left was about how much Bush played.

spursncowboys
10-26-2009, 12:36 PM
ChumpDumper:

He didn't.

Chump:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_101595.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/13/bush-i-gave-up-golf-for-t_n_101595.html)

Shasta:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051302783.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/13/AR2008051302783.html)

http://cupofjoepowell.blogspot.com/2...sacrifice.html (http://cupofjoepowell.blogspot.com/2008/05/bush-lies-about-his-golf-sacrifice.html)

The Huffpost link said he probably quite because of a knee injury. They never used any real evidence or facts. The other two links just talked about him quitting for the troops. None of that proves that he didn't quit for the troops. Besides that, your vagueness of your statement could lead people to believe you meant he was golfing after he said he had quit. The Huffpost is not news, or journalism. It is opinions. Your comment is misleading and dishonest.

Ignignokt
10-26-2009, 12:37 PM
I never criticized his playing golf initially, so there is no hypocrisy.

Do you have any issues with the facts put forth in the article?

Just saying you could use a better source. Shasta knows.

ChumpDumper
10-26-2009, 12:37 PM
The Huffpost link said he probably quite because of a knee injury. They never used any real evidence or facts. The other two links just talked about him quitting for the troops. None of that proves that he didn't quit for the troops. Besides that, your vagueness of your statement could lead people to believe you meant he was golfing after he said he had quit. The Huffpost is not news, or journalism. It is opinions. Your comment is misleading and dishonest.He played golf after he said he decided to quit.

Bush was misleading and dishonest.

Shastafarian
10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
The Huffpost link said he probably quite because of a knee injury. They never used any real evidence or facts. The other two links just talked about him quitting for the troops. None of that proves that he didn't quit for the troops. Besides that, your vagueness of your statement could lead people to believe you meant he was golfing after he said he had quit. The Huffpost is not news, or journalism. It is opinions. Your comment is misleading and dishonest.

the Associated Press reported on Oct. 13, 2003, that he'd spent a "cool, breezy Columbus Day" playing "a round of golf with three long-time buddies ..."He said he quit in August. I got this from the second link I posted. You obviously didn't read it.

Just saying you could use a better source. Shasta knows.I know you guys throw a fit when someone links HuffPo yeah.

ChumpDumper
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
The Huffpost link said he probably quite because of a knee injury. They never used any real evidence or facts.Dates are facts. Do you have an issue with the dates given in the article when he said he quit golf and when he actually last played golf?

Cry Havoc
10-26-2009, 01:41 PM
This thread is going up there pretty quickly with the iPod and the bowing thread.

Hilarious.

spursncowboys
10-29-2009, 11:30 AM
YOu libs are dishonest. Another reason why journalists are a joke. here is what you Huffpos said about the incident

.. Bush actually played his last round of golf on October 13, 2003. This means that the reason he gave for quitting after the August 2003 U.N. bombing is dubious at best...

Here is from Cup O Joe...

Bush said his last round of golf was in August 2003 when he was informed that a truck bomb had wrecked the U.N. headquarters in Baghdad, killing 22 people, including U.N. envoy Sergio Vieira de Mello.
here is the WashPos...

Bush said he decided to stop playing golf on Aug. 19, 2003, when a truck bomb in Baghdad killed U.N. special representative Sergio Vieira de Mello and more than a dozen others.
Here is what Bush said.

Q Mr. President, you haven't been golfing in recent years. Is that related to Iraq?

THE PRESIDENT: Yes, it really is. I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the Commander-in-Chief playing golf. I feel I owe it to the families to be as -- to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.

Q Mr. President, was there a particular moment or incident that brought you to that decision, or how did you come to that?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I remember when de Mello, who was at the U.N., got killed in Baghdad as a result of these murderers taking this good man's life. And I was playing golf -- I think I was in central Texas -- and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, it's just not worth it anymore to do.
The same wikipedia citing that the MSM always do.
Is there a decision
No
How did you come to that decision
I remember when de Mello...

Winehole23
10-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Some people think Bush prevaricated; others, apparently, that the AP lied.

Shastafarian
10-29-2009, 11:49 AM
I remember when de Mello, who was at the U.N., got killed in Baghdad as a result of these murderers taking this good man's life. And I was playing golf -- I think I was in central Texas -- and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, it's just not worth it anymore to do.

So that's when he decided. Yet he was playing gold two months later. What are we debating here?

Winehole23
10-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Because SnC still takes Bush at his word.

RandomGuy
10-29-2009, 11:56 AM

That's what inquiring minds want to know.

http://beachblogger.net/pics/media/vacation_king_061217a.jpg

Shastafarian
10-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Because SnC still takes Bush at his word.

I quoted his word. Bush himself said that's when he decided.

spursncowboys
10-29-2009, 12:04 PM
I quoted his word. Bush himself said that's when he decided.
Bush said there was no exact time. He didn't say that is when he decided to quite, just when he said it wasn't worth it.

Spursfan092120
10-29-2009, 12:10 PM
He played golf after he said he decided to quit.

Bush was misleading and dishonest.
Yeah...Obama said he wouldn't run on a National ticket in '08, because he wouldn't know what he's doing. He also said he passed 900 bills personally in the senate, when he only passed 26, most of which he did not pass himself. He also said he doesn't have lobbyists...we all know the facts behind that. Let's not get into a war of misleading...we all know who lied more.

ftbN4UmAK3o

Shastafarian
10-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Bush said there was no exact time. He didn't say that is when he decided to quite, just when he said it wasn't worth it.

So him saying something isn't worth it to do anymore doesn't = quitting whatever that action is? This is your statement?

Shastafarian
10-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah...Obama said he wouldn't run on a National ticket in '08, because he wouldn't know what he's doing. He also said he passed 900 bills personally in the senate, when he only passed 26, most of which he did not pass himself. He also said he doesn't have lobbyists...we all know the facts behind that. Let's not get into a war of misleading...we all know who lied more.

Sure do.

spursncowboys
10-29-2009, 12:12 PM
The guy asked him if there was a particular moment and Bush said no. WTF

Shastafarian
10-29-2009, 12:14 PM
The guy asked him if there was a particular moment and Bush said no. WTF

And then he gave us that moment. Notice the question had two parts and the second part wasn't yes/no. Do you ever say, "yeah" to start of a sentence even if there was no question asked? It's an idiosyncrasy.

spursncowboys
10-29-2009, 12:21 PM
So that's when he decided. Yet he was playing gold two months later. What are we debating here?
Him saying it's not worth it is not making a concrete date of when he'll quite. For the "journalists" to report it as if he had is dishonest. Do you disagree with that statement? Regardless of how the MSM think what he meant, is that what he said?

Shastafarian
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Him saying it's not worth it is not making a concrete date of when he'll quite.Right so thinking something is not worth it doesn't really mean he'll stop. He'll just consider stopping when he feels all the worth has run out.

For the "journalists" to report it as if he had is dishonest.Not really.

Do you disagree with that statement?Yes because *normally* when someone says something is not worth it anymore, they cease that action. Normally.

Regardless of how the MSM think what he meant, is that what he said?
He said it wasn't worth it anymore. Apparently it was worth it in October of that year.

clambake
10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
maybe he decided to honor every fallen soul with a bogey.

spursncowboys
10-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Shasta: He did cease it. Just not the day that the media reported it. Don't you find it a little unethical that all those articles quoted everything except Bush saying he quite? That one they coincidentally decided not to quote? Come on.

clambake
10-29-2009, 12:35 PM
i gave you the answer.

Shastafarian
10-29-2009, 12:35 PM
I just love this notion that I can keep doing things that aren't worth my time and aren't respectful to families of people who have died in combat. At least for a couple months after I decide those things aren't worth it.

Spursfan092120
10-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Sure do.
I guarantee you I can match you lie for lie what Bush said and what Obama said...plus some...difference is, Bush was in office for 8 years..Obama's lied more over his tenure as president so far and the election period than Bush did in his entire time in office. Also, he gets away with crap that no one else could. Why is it all of a sudden ok to not show your birth certificate to prove you were born in America before you run? Every other candidate was forced to...why wasn't he?

Shastafarian
10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Shasta: He did cease it. Just not the day that the media reported it. Huh? Do you think the Media reported it in August?

Don't you find it a little unethical that all those articles quoted everything except Bush saying he quite?He said he quit. He just didn't use the word "quit".

That one they coincidentally decided not to quote? Come on.
Which one are you referring to? Do we have a quote from him about when he really said he quit?

clambake
10-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I guarantee you I can match you lie for lie what Bush said and what Obama said...plus some...difference is, Bush was in office for 8 years..Obama's lied more over his tenure as president so far and the election period than Bush did in his entire time in office. Also, he gets away with crap that no one else could. Why is it all of a sudden ok to not show your birth certificate to prove you were born in America before you run? Every other candidate was forced to...why wasn't he?

:lmao we have a birther. :lmao

Shastafarian
10-29-2009, 12:43 PM
I guarantee you I can match you lie for lie what Bush said and what Obama saidHave any Obama lies that can match a lie getting us into a war?

...plus some...difference isWhy do you guys use ellipses like this? Do republicans have a hardon for ellipses that I don't know about?

Bush was in office for 8 years..Obama's lied more over his tenure as president so far and the election period than Bush did in his entire time in office.Doubtful. We even had an entire thread about this a few months ago. Some website has a tally of all the Obama lies while he's been in office. Ask SnC about it. He started that thread.

Also, he gets away with crap that no one else could.What makes you say that?

Why is it all of a sudden ok to not show your birth certificate to prove you were born in America before you run?Oh you're a birther.
Every other candidate was forced to...why wasn't he?
He was and did.

spursncowboys
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
:lmao we have a birther. :lmao
Ugh oh, we can't have people with questions. That would be ridiculous. What should we do? ugh ugh lets belittle him and his question. YEah great idea. Saul Alinsky would be proud.

Shastafarian
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
:lmao birthers

LnGrrrR
10-29-2009, 01:43 PM
The conservative movement ladies and gentleman! Let's give them all a round of applause.

:clap

ChumpDumper
10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
So Bush kept playing golf months after he decided it wasn't worth it anymore.

You guys are a piece of work.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Ugh oh, we can't have people with questions. That would be ridiculous. What should we do? ugh ugh lets belittle him and his question. YEah great idea. Saul Alinsky would be proud.Are you a birther too?

Winehole23
10-29-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't think SnC is a birther. He just thinks people should feel free to keep asking the question, even though it has been refuted a thousand times.

Winehole23
10-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Sure enough, we'll see it a thousand times more in this forum. This zombie can't be killed.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I encourage the birthers to bring up the issue whenever they want. The fact they think it's an intelligent thing to do is tremendously entertaining.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Why is it all of a sudden ok to not show your birth certificate to prove you were born in America before you run? Every other candidate was forced to...why wasn't he?I'll need some proof that every other candidate was forced to show their birth certificates.

TheProfessor
10-29-2009, 02:02 PM
The conservative movement ladies and gentleman! Let's give them all a round of applause.

:clap

Spursfan092120
10-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Have any Obama lies that can match a lie getting us into a war?
Why do you guys use ellipses like this? Do republicans have a hardon for ellipses that I don't know about?
Doubtful. We even had an entire thread about this a few months ago. Some website has a tally of all the Obama lies while he's been in office. Ask SnC about it. He started that thread.
What makes you say that?
Oh you're a birther.
He was and did.
Where was the lie that got us into a war? Is it an actual lie, or just something you are assuming is a lie? And yes...Obama has lied more than Bush...I could definitely match you lie for lie. The truth of the matter is, both Presidents made mistakes..Bush made them, Obama has made them. I just fucking hate all the people who act like Obama is so great and Bush was so bad. I can't remember the exact amount, but when Bush won the presidency, and had his celebration, everyone said we shouldn't have spent the money because of our debt. When Obama won, he spent a hell of a lot more for his celebration, and everyone said, despite our failing economy, that "America needed to celebrate." What bullshit is that? The truth is, there is no perfect president, but those who sit there and bash one President for doing something and then think it's ok for another one to do the same damn thing is a complete hypocrite.

Spursfan092120
10-29-2009, 06:37 PM
I'll need some proof that every other candidate was forced to show their birth certificates.
Obama did show his birth certificate later...he just wasn't forced to show it immediately, like everyone else has..and yes...that was a part of running...you had to prove you were born in America to run for the presidency.

doobs
10-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Obama's golf playing habits --> :sleep

Obama birther nonsense --> :sleep

Winehole23
10-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Obama did show his birth certificate later...he just wasn't forced to show it immediately, like everyone else has..and yes...that was a part of running...you had to prove you were born in America to run for the presidency.If that is true, why was it necessary to propose this law (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2009/03/posey-future-presidential-candidates-should-show-their-birth-certificates-wont-say-whether-he-believ.html)?

clambake
10-29-2009, 07:01 PM
spurfan is birther man. lol

ChumpDumper
10-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Obama did show his birth certificate later...he just wasn't forced to show it immediately, like everyone else has..and yes...that was a part of running...you had to prove you were born in America to run for the presidency.That isn't a link or any other form of proof.

jack sommerset
10-29-2009, 08:05 PM
20 something rounds of golf is fucking pathetic. This guy is so full of shit. This should be the toughest job in the world. He said he was going to do things different. This asshole is taking advantage of us. 9 months and this is what this asshole does. Seriously...unfucking real. The sad part is you have people defending HIM. Unfucking real. You are president 4-8 years and this prick has somehow put in 20 something rounds of golf his first 9 months. Has his date nights, plays his basketball, concerts... This is past a joke. He has zero chance to win another term. We know he has no humility but after 9 months in office I am finding out alot of Americans don't either that defend this cock.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Nice meltdown :tu

jack sommerset
10-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Nice meltdown :tu

Is that a meltdown?

ChumpDumper
10-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Yep.

George Gervin's Afro
10-29-2009, 09:24 PM
20 something rounds of golf is fucking pathetic. This guy is so full of shit. This should be the toughest job in the world. He said he was going to do things different. This asshole is taking advantage of us. 9 months and this is what this asshole does. Seriously...unfucking real. The sad part is you have people defending HIM. Unfucking real. You are president 4-8 years and this prick has somehow put in 20 something rounds of golf his first 9 months. Has his date nights, plays his basketball, concerts... This is past a joke. He has zero chance to win another term. We know he has no humility but after 9 months in office I am finding out alot of Americans don't either that defend this cock.

just in time to witness another meltdown by jack

PixelPusher
10-29-2009, 10:51 PM
4 pages down, we're halfway there...

http://www.aref-adib.com/archives/iQEII.jpg

DarrinS
10-30-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm just glad that Obama played a 5-hour round with Thomas Friedman of the New York Times. Good to know that a global warming catastrophist has the president's ear. Friedman supported the Iraq war and now wants to completely abandon Afghanistan. Smart guy. Friedman also admires the Chinese autocracy, because a one-party political system can help you shove your favorite policies down the throats of an unwilling electorate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/09/opinion/09friedman.html

clambake
10-30-2009, 08:46 AM
i'd rather he meet with friedman than cheney, but i know what you mean.

jack sommerset
10-30-2009, 09:27 AM
just in time to witness another meltdown by jack

:sleep Just facts bitches.

jack sommerset
10-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Yep.

Wrong again. Atleast you gave a opinion instead up what,how,when,why or how? Good boy.

Spursfan092120
10-30-2009, 11:33 AM
People are going to defend Obama no matter what he does...but facts remain...if this was Bush, liberals would be having a field day right now.

clambake
10-30-2009, 11:42 AM
People are going to defend Obama no matter what he does...but facts remain...if this was Bush, liberals would be having a field day right now.

lol birther

Spursfan092120
10-30-2009, 11:45 AM
lol birther
yeah? your point? I've got a lot more than that when it comes to what's wrong with this guy.

clambake
10-30-2009, 11:49 AM
i bet you do, mr birther.

Shastafarian
10-30-2009, 12:08 PM
I've got a lot more than that when it comes to what's wrong with this guy.

Air it out for us.

Spursfan092120
10-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Air it out for us.
I could go there...I could say a lot of things...His connections with terrorists, including those in his family that he sponsored for their own elections...the fact that Obama himself said he wouldn't know enough to run for Presidency in 2008, and even his own Vice President said he wasn't prepared. But the fact is, it doesn't matter what I say. I could say he's a terrorist himself and have proof and you guys would find a way to twist it, so it doesn't matter.

spursncowboys
10-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I could go there...I could say a lot of things...His connections with terrorists, including those in his family that he sponsored for their own elections...the fact that Obama himself said he wouldn't know enough to run for Presidency in 2008, and even his own Vice President said he wasn't prepared. But the fact is, it doesn't matter what I say. I could say he's a terrorist himself and have proof and you guys would find a way to twist it, so it doesn't matter.

You should define what a terrorist is.

Shastafarian
10-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I could go there...so do it

I could say a lot of things...Ellipses!

His connections with terrorists,I assume you're talking about Bill Ayers. Pallin' around with terrorists eh? Don'tchyaknow.

including those in his family that he sponsored for their own elections...Wait what? He has terrorists in his own family?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OaXolqxo7o4/SXo-4Kw7xGI/AAAAAAAABRo/QbpdqaCAAdM/s400/obama+fist+bump.jpg

Oh right. I forgot.

the fact that Obama himself said he wouldn't know enough to run for Presidency in 2008,He lied. Politicians do it. Hard to say how this effects his actual presidency.

and even his own Vice President said he wasn't prepared.No shit? The guy who was originally running against him had some less than stellar things to say about the man? Really? I would've never guessed.

But the fact is, it doesn't matter what I say.Something we agree on.

I could say he's a terrorist himselfWe'd laugh

and have proof and you guys would find a way to twist it, so it doesn't matter.I'm pretty sure if you had proof the sitting president was a terrorist...I can't even complete that sentence because it's so ridiculous.

clambake
10-30-2009, 01:32 PM
this guy is a fucking riot!

your team is in desperate need of a qualified human resources director.

Spursfan092120
10-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Apparently a lot of people forget about Raila Odinga...his cousin...he supports terrorism, Sharia Law, and is responsible for murdering over 1000 people in Kenya, and had 100 women and children burned alive in the Assemblies of God Church in Eldoret after he lost the election. President Kebake finally agreed to share power with Odinga if he called off his thugs. Odinga accepted, as as his first act, awarded amnesty to all the people who killed and looted. To this day, Obama supports Odinga and refuses to condemn what he did. The fact is that over 1000 people were killed in Kenya, and Obama openly supports the killer.

Spursfan092120
10-30-2009, 01:44 PM

see..this is exactly what I'm talking about...team? Fuck that..I thought America was one team. Reps and Demos are not teams...this is supposed to be about a country. I can tell you Bush was not a great president, but you cannot admit the same about a Liberal. You will condemn Bush for doing something, but will accept a Liberal doing it.

spursncowboys
10-30-2009, 01:44 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:M-IfIU2TKxFLQM:http://www.gossipcentral.com/.a/6a00d83453b9ca69e20120a5e3d2dc970c-320wihttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8SA8VKdsvoXVnM:http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvgov/newsom.jpghttp://www.floppingaces.net/wp-content/gallery/curts-pictures/codepink_fat_lady.jpghttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:zyKXi69rmd1vHM:http://www.plentyofflashgames.com/swf/Sean_Penn.jpg

spursncowboys
10-30-2009, 01:45 PM
see..this is exactly what I'm talking about...team? Fuck that..I thought America was one team. Reps and Demos are not teams...this is supposed to be about a country. I can tell you Bush was not a great president, but you cannot admit the same about a Liberal. You will condemn Bush for doing something, but will accept a Liberal doing it.

:toast

clambake
10-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Apparently a lot of people forget about Raila Odinga...his cousin...he supports terrorism, Sharia Law, and is responsible for murdering over 1000 people in Kenya, and had 100 women and children burned alive in the Assemblies of God Church in Eldoret after he lost the election. President Kebake finally agreed to share power with Odinga if he called off his thugs. Odinga accepted, as as his first act, awarded amnesty to all the people who killed and looted. To this day, Obama supports Odinga and refuses to condemn what he did. The fact is that over 1000 people were killed in Kenya, and Obama openly supports the killer.

i wasn't talking to you. i was urging the board conservatives to weed out the garbage.

Spursfan092120
10-30-2009, 02:15 PM

i wasn't talking to you. i was urging the board conservatives to weed out the garbage.
but it's still saying the same shit...team...this isn't a team thing..we're not against you...last time I checked, we were all Americans. If I think a demo is going to do a better job than a rep as President, I'll vote for him. I'm not on a team. And why did you laugh about Odinga? Are you denying it?

clambake
10-30-2009, 02:22 PM
but it's still saying the same shit...team...this isn't a team thing..we're not against you...last time I checked, we were all Americans. If I think a demo is going to do a better job than a rep as President, I'll vote for him. I'm not on a team. And why did you laugh about Odinga? Are you denying it?

i was talking about team birther, and all of your other horseshit. lol

admiralsnackbar
10-30-2009, 02:25 PM
And why did you laugh about Odinga? Are you denying it?

Yes.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/kenya.asp

I'm glad to hear you say we're all Americans, regardless of political inclination, however. That attitude seems to be in short supply here (perhaps because it's a sports site?) so, cheers.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Apparently a lot of people forget about Raila Odinga...his cousin...he supports terrorism, Sharia Law, and is responsible for murdering over 1000 people in Kenya, and had 100 women and children burned alive in the Assemblies of God Church in Eldoret after he lost the election. President Kebake finally agreed to share power with Odinga if he called off his thugs. Odinga accepted, as as his first act, awarded amnesty to all the people who killed and looted. To this day, Obama supports Odinga and refuses to condemn what he did. The fact is that over 1000 people were killed in Kenya, and Obama openly supports the killer.:lmao

Do you believe every chain email you receive?

clambake
10-30-2009, 02:39 PM
i got an email that says odinga is austin miles father.

Spursfan092120
10-30-2009, 02:44 PM

Do you believe every chain email you receive?
Chain email? Nice...thanks for proving my point that you guys refuse to believe anything anyone says about your precious Obama. The chain letter stated he gave him money. That's not what I'm saying..I'm saying he supported him, as proven in the video below. Obama now denies they're family.

c6eVVVKFHu0

read away...
http://africanpress.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/senator-barack-obama-in-kenya-obama-and-odinga-the-true-story/

It's like talking to a brick wall...

clambake
10-30-2009, 02:49 PM
paula abeles lol

Spursfan092120
10-30-2009, 02:51 PM
paula abeles lol

lol blind follower

clambake
10-30-2009, 02:52 PM
lol birthers

Spursfan092120
10-30-2009, 02:53 PM
lol birthers
lol ignorance
brick wall
I'm done.

clambake
10-30-2009, 02:55 PM
lol ignorance
brick wall
I'm done.

no!!!!!!! don't go!

i think you're fucking awesome! i'm serious!

this place needs you.

admiralsnackbar
10-30-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm just glad that Obama played a 5-hour round with Thomas Friedman of the New York Times. Good to know that a global warming catastrophist has the president's ear. Friedman supported the Iraq war and now wants to completely abandon Afghanistan. Smart guy. Friedman also admires the Chinese autocracy, because a one-party political system can help you shove your favorite policies down the throats of an unwilling electorate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/09/opinion/09friedman.html

If you'd bothered reading the article instead of simply mining it for nuggets that conform to the positions you seem to reflexively take, you may have seen that he wasn't praising Chinese autocracy as much as complaining that the US government is hamstrung from genuine progress by a centrist president trying to jockey for clean energy while stuck between a legislative body made up of Republicans who have stepped out of the legislative process entirely and Democrats who are all over the left side of the political spectrum. He's calling out the GOP for not participating in balancing legislation and coal-state Dems for weakening legislation and demanding pork.

At the heart of the article is the premise that clean energy is an untapped goldmine, and that the GOP fails to grasp this, which he feels is inconsistent with their heritage as the "party of business." By not adapting to present economic realities (incipient petroleum cost instability, lack of energy independence), and by sequestering themselves from genuine legislative discussion, the GOP turns us into a dysfunctional parody of China's one-party system, where at least legislators have enough focus to develop their car industry with ambitions of conquering the world market.

As to the global warming catastrophist label you wanted to pin on him... I don't buy it. It's true he complains that clean energy isn't getting pushed through with the requisite decisiveness he'd like (but it's an op ed, not a manifesto), but it's clear that first and foremost he just sees clean energy as a means to an economic end ("the world’s next great global manufacturing industry," he says) , not as some shrill whining about polar bears. I know AGW is a pet topic of yours, but clean/new energy is only tangentially related to global warming. Forgetting for a moment whether or not AGW is a bona fide threat, wouldn't you agree with the notion that investing in clean/new energy technology with stable pricing and lower toxicity than coal/petroleum would drive a long-deserved stake in OPEC's heart and turn Americans into the next Saudis? Given that few countries are as well-situated to develop and implement this tech in terms of technological infrastructure as we are, and it does seem stupid to be lollygagging.

And I don't see the purpose of the Iraq/Afghanistan reference you tacked on... how many people thought Iraq was a good idea when they were told by Colin Powell that it was the right thing to do? And how many of those same people no longer feel that way? Friedman is exceptional in this regard how?

ChumpDumper
10-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Chain email? Nice...thanks for proving my point that you guys refuse to believe anything anyone says about your precious Obama. The chain letter stated he gave him money. That's not what I'm saying..I'm saying he supported him, as proven in the video below. Obama now denies they're family.

c6eVVVKFHu0Did Obama ever say they were family?

Yes or no.

read away...
http://africanpress.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/senator-barack-obama-in-kenya-obama-and-odinga-the-true-story/Read this: it's about the author of your little blog entry:

Web Spying Puts Twist on Jefferson Saga

Posted on: Saturday, 3 May 2003, 06:00 CDT

By CHRIS KAHN

ROANOKE, Va. (AP) -- The wife of a Thomas Jefferson family association official said Friday that she masqueraded as a 67-year-old black woman on an Internet chat room in a bid to keep descendants of a reputed Jefferson mistress out of this weekend's family reunion.

"It might have been somewhat unethical," said Paulie Abeles of Washington, D.C., who participated for eight months in the Yahoo! message board created for relatives of Jefferson slave Sally Hemings.

"It might have been childish, but I really think I was working in the best interest of the majority of the family members to make the reunion a calm and civilized gathering," she said.

Abeles' admission rankled members of both families on the eve of the reunion at Jefferson's estate in Charlottesville. Some Hemings descendants suggested Abeles was covering for her husband, Nat, the head of the Jefferson family Monticello Association.

The Hemings clan was formally excluded from membership last year, but some members of the association continue to invite slave descendants to accompany them to the annual cocktail party and cemetery visit.

David Works, a sixth-generation grandson of Jefferson who sympathizes with the Hemings heirs, said he has asked federal authorities to investigate.

"This isn't a fraternity house panty raid - this is serious," said Works, who supervised the Internet group and traced messages back to the Abeles computer.

Paulie Abeles said she was curious last August when she found out the Hemings family was communicating through an Internet group, but she thought her name would have made it difficult to be included.

So Cassandra Mays-Lewis was born. In her Yahoo! profile, Abeles made Cassandra a descendant of Jefferson slave Joe Fossett, describing herself as having an interest in black genealogy. In her messages, she played the part of an elderly woman, stricken with emphysema, thanking Works at one point for his "kind attentions to an old woman."

Abeles said she never told her husband about Cassandra until a few days ago when Works discovered she was a fake. Instead, she said she informed her husband of the Hemings' conversations by having Cassandra send him e-mails.

"The information itself was quite valuable," Nat Abeles said. "They were planning on all kinds of ways to get people in and trying to trick people into making inappropriate comments."

Lucian Truscott IV, a Jefferson descendant who believes the Hemings family should be recognized, said he believes the Internet impostor was Nat Abeles, not his wife.

Truscott said that when the Hemings family started discussing the reunion on the Yahoo! site about three months ago, Nat Abeles promptly told the Jefferson family they were only allowed to bring two guests each.

When Truscott tried to accommodate the few dozen Hemingses by getting invitations from other Jefferson family members, Abeles countered by telling association members they had to be present to bring guests.

Then Truscott thought of using junior members - teenagers attending the event with their parents - to sponsor the Hemings family. Nat Abeles said only full members were allowed to bring guests.

"Every time we'd think of a way to get the Hemings there, he'd come up with a new rule," Works said.

Some have begun calling the episode "Cassandragate." Hemings descendant Jill Sim said she finds the whole thing insulting.

"It really was a stupid thing to do," said Sim, 33. "It feels like a mockery."
http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/5888/web_spying_puts_twist_on_jefferson_saga/index.html

If that was too long for you, she was actively lying to keep blacks out of her organization. It's not a stretch to think she would do the same to keep a black man out of the White House.

It's like talking to a brick wall...It's like talking to a person who likes to cite racists to bolster his arguments.

admiralsnackbar
10-30-2009, 03:25 PM

c6eVVVKFHu0

read away...
http://africanpress.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/senator-barack-obama-in-kenya-obama-and-odinga-the-true-story/

It's like talking to a brick wall...

Money or no, the Snopes does a fair job of debunking claims that Obama and Odinga are related, and credibly frames the situation such that Odinga was trying to campaign using Obama, not the opposite way your article frames it. So ask yourself: why does it behoove Obama to campaign for Odinga when he (Obama) is himself campaigning for the biggest job in the world? Even if they WERE related, that would make no sense strategically. Doesn't it make more sense that Odinga was trying to cozy up to Obama to get some of his political mojo?

It's interesting that a) the only link to this story lives on a single wordpress site, and that b) the story suggests impropriety without anything more than circumstantial proof. Where's the proof that Obama campaigned for him? Video of the two together doesn't mean anything if Obama isn't saying "vote for this Odinga guy." Obama also met with other politicians on the campaign trail... does that mean he campaigned for them, too?

ChumpDumper
10-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Some of those former Hillary supporters are psychotic. Abeles and the birther lawyer Berg are cut from the same cloth.

admiralsnackbar
10-30-2009, 03:42 PM
There's also this to think about...

http://www.africanews.com/site/OBAMA_NATION_AUTHOR_ARRESTED_IN_NAIROBI/list_messages/20899

Shastafarian
10-30-2009, 05:54 PM
:lol He's a birther AND he believes chain mail. This thread got so much better after I left.