PDA

View Full Version : Hairston question

dbestpro
10-26-2009, 12:23 PM
How long do the Spurs have to decide on Hairston before they are hit with the luxury tax (for Hairston's salary) for the season?

Does it kick in on opening night or a few months later?

ChumpDumper
10-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Basically anything they pay Hairston will be subject to the tax.

dbestpro
10-26-2009, 12:46 PM
So they could run Bogans for a couple of months and sees if he improves. If so, then Malik could get the pink slip. This might be the case if we start to see Bogans on the 12 man and Malik in street clothes.

exstatic
10-26-2009, 06:57 PM
With his guaranteed money, he's paid up until 3 November. After that, all bets are off. He could last a minute, a day, a week, a month, the season, or anything in between.

AussieFanKurt
10-26-2009, 07:33 PM
I have no doubt that Hairston is a greater asset than Bogans

exstatic
10-26-2009, 07:42 PM
I have no doubt that Hairston is a greater asset than Bogans

I have no doubt that Hairston is unguaranteed and Bogans isn't.

Solid D
10-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Let's see if Hairston lasts as long as Anthony Tolliver did last year when they trimmed their roster to 14. He made it 19 games (plus 6 with the Toros) before being sent to the waiver wire on January 7th.

manu_maniac
10-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Tolliver was atrocious, though. Hairston had already impressed me with his PT as a Spur last season, and he has improved, so I will be surprised if he's waived.

Solid D
10-26-2009, 10:17 PM
I would really like to see the Spurs' feeder system work, particularly for one of their 2nd round development leaguers. Malik has the potential to be the one but the Spurs have to spend more to do so. An injury makes it more likely but we let's not go there.

SouthTexasRancher
10-26-2009, 10:20 PM
I would really like to see the Spurs' feeder system work, particularly for one of their 2nd round development leaguers. Malik has the potential to be the one but the Spurs have to spend more to do so. An injury makes it more likely but we let's not go there.

Well said. I hope Malik stays and becomes an asset everyone is proud of. I think Pop really likes Malik's potential and wants to give him the needed time to see if/that he does become what the Spurs think he can become.

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Tolliver had a big chance to join the team, he got a good amount of PT..if he could have made ANY shots, he could have stuck..

If Hairston gets the chance that Tolliver got last season, he'll definitely stick IMO..