PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass Mobile

sribb43
10-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I was searching on my iphone for any new NBA Apps and come across a few new ones for the upcoming season. First is NBA GameTime ($9.99), GameTime Lite (FREE) and NBA League Pass Mobile ($39.99)

NBA GameTime Lite - Scores, standings, stats, realtime play-by-play
NBA GameTime - GameTime Lite + home and away audio broadcasts, video highlights

NBA LP Mobile - Just like the original LP, up to 40 game per week:lobt2:

Im curious to see if LP mobile is free with the purchase of LP for TV similar to how LP broadband is free when you drop the $150

Allanon
10-26-2009, 12:38 PM
LP Mobile sounds pretty bad-ass. I can watch the games even when I'm away?

Sure it's a tiny ass screen but still that's pretty impressive.

sribb43
10-26-2009, 12:41 PM

hell ya, this is what I was hoping for and NBA came through. I'm curious to see when im not connected through wifi but rather the 3g how the connection would be when trying to watch a game

hater
10-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I can barely browse on iphone using the slow 3g network. can't imagine streaming video

lefty
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
3G is pretty good here in Montreal

urunobili
10-26-2009, 01:41 PM

hook up a slingbox back home and you'll do that too... :king How do you think i watch American TV fromn wherever i am in the world?

Shank
10-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Installous through Cydia should have the full version of Gametime.

Allanon
10-26-2009, 01:46 PM
hook up a slingbox back home and you'll do that too... :king How do you think i watch American TV fromn wherever i am in the world?

I've thought about doing that as well. How does your slingbox work?

So you have your video feed to your box. How do you connect to your box from the outside? Through a web browser?

urunobili
10-26-2009, 01:51 PM
I've thought about doing that as well. How does your slingbox work?

So you have your video feed to your box. How do you connect to your box from the outside? Through a web browser?

it works flawlessly... even HD... you connect through a software... available for MAC, Windows, Symbian, Blackberry etc... i control a TV with DirecTV with LP ( i buy the LP for my friend in Phoenix) and i never miss a game...

The Key thing is to have great upload speed wherever the box is...

Thunder Dan
10-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I can't find league pass on the Iphone

sribb43
10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I can't find league pass on the Iphone

I Downloaded NBA gametime lite then entered app, click on "more gametime products" then scroll down to see NBA league pass mobile

sribb43
10-29-2009, 09:24 AM
http://newteevee.com/2009/10/29/nba-launches-live-game-video-for-iphone-and-android/

The NBA has dramatically updated its mobile offerings for the 09-10 season, including a new application for iPhone and Android that provides live video streams of games.

NBA League Pass Mobile costs $39.99 for the season, and gives users access to more than 40 live games each week. It identifies a user’s location via GPS in order to block access to the nearest local team, but other than that, the MobiTV-powered app is all-you-can-eat.

I tried out League Pass Mobile last night and it looked great, especially on Wi-Fi. The app includes live DVR capabilities, adaptive bitrate streaming, on-demand access to games for 48 hours, live stats, push alerts, and the ability to turn off all that information while you’re watching a game and just want to experience it in real time.

The app is not yet available publicly, but it should be out ASAP, definitely before the end of the week. And paying users of NBA League Pass Broadband will have to open up their wallets again; the two products aren’t bundled.

In my testing on an iPhone (see gallery of screenshots below), the 3G stream, which AT&T ratchets down to start at 240 Kbps, crapped out on me a bit, which sucks if you’ve paid 40 bucks for it. NBA Digital general manager Bryan Perez said to expect streaming quality to improve over the course of the season. “Convenience can be just as important as the content itself,” Perez said. “Just because it’s not in HD doesn’t mean it’s not adding tremendous value to your quality of life.”

Along with the big-money video app, NBA Digital is upgrading last year’s Game Time app to a paid version ($9.99) and still giving out a free “Lite” version. The paid version, available for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry, includes live audio feeds for every game — including those in your local market — as well as stats, video highlights and push alerts. The free app has scores, standings and schedules. So if you care most about not having your local team’s games blacked out, this app’s for you.

Perez told us he thinks the NBA stacks up well in digital versus other major sports leagues because it has the youngest demographic, though he admitted that Major League Baseball has been pioneering the business models for sports delivered digitally. He contended the NBA has the immense advantage of having all its assets under one roof between television, Internet and mobile, along with a vested interest on the part of Turner to promote digital projects. Next up, Perez said NBA Digital is looking to partner with regional sports providers to try to offer in-market access to games, which would have to be a major boost to usage.

ElNono
10-29-2009, 09:47 AM
NBA League Pass Mobile on iTunes (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331357837&mt=8)

Trainwreck2100
10-29-2009, 10:06 AM
well fuck i don't have those phones

NASpurs
10-29-2009, 10:33 AM
I can only imagine how this sucks your battery life. Either make sure your phone is fully charged since you may be able to watch a whole game or have your charger with you.