PDA

View Full Version : DNC says "let them eat cake"

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 02:58 PM
PROF. SWAIN: No task too audacious for Obama -- except protecting U.S. jobs from illegal workers

Carol Swain, professor of law and political science at Vanderbilt University, has noted in the Nashville Tennessean that Pres. Obama has now promised to lead the way to cure cancer, end foreign oil dependence and guarantee higher education to everyone who wants it.

No goal appears too audacious. No effort is too bold ....

.... except when it comes to keeping illegal aliens out of U.S. jobs so that unemployed Americans (especially Blacks and Hispanics) can have them, Prof. Swain notes. She writes:

I would like to focus on something that the president has not addressed: illegal immigration and its impact on unemployment, job creation and our failing educational system. Until he is willing to acknowledge the obvious, our best efforts are doomed to fail.

Prof. Swain asks how it can make sense for Pres. Obama to leave 6-7 million illegal immigrants working in low-wage, low-skill positions that could be filled with the millions of U.S.-born workers with similar education who are desperately seeking a job.

She suggests that those 6-7 million jobs filled by illegal aliens far overshadow the 3.5 million jobs that Mr. Obama hopes to create or save from his nearly-trillion-dollar Stimulus package (jobs that Obama made sure remain open for illegal aliens to take).

And Prof. Swain is particularly puzzled by Pres. Obama's callousness toward U.S.-born Blacks and Hispanics:

A detailed breakdown of U.S. Census unemployment data released by the Center for Immigration Studies reveals startling levels of unemployment for U.S.-born blacks and Hispanics without a high school education. Blacks had a 24.7 percent unemployment rate and Hispanics were at 16.2 percent.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate for legal and illegal immigrants without a high school education was 10.6 percent.

Although the official jobless rate for less-educated foreign workers is high, they are still doing far better than their Black and Hispanic American counterparts.

This shameful situation does not exist because Pres. Obama and his federal government are powerless. Prof. Swain writes:

The president can act now to ensure that all American jobs go to people authorized to work in the United States.

We can aggressively tackle unemployment by taking simple steps to ensure that American workers are protected from illegal competition from those unauthorized to work in this country.

Many of the president's new programs lack any mechanism for verifying that the recipients are in the country legally. Such a failure to tackle the obvious does not bode well for the future. Our rising health-care costs and educational burdens are all impacted by the presence of large numbers of undocumented and unauthorized residents who make it more difficult for hard-working Americans to enjoy some of the benefits of living in a nation that used to be one of the greatest in the world.

Prof. Swain has proven that one can work in an ivory tower and still understand the world

clambake
10-26-2009, 03:01 PM
i'm glad that prof.swain has finally come out of her coma.

boutons_deux
10-26-2009, 03:07 PM
"low-wage, low-skill positions that could be filled with the millions of U.S.-born workers with similar education who are desperately seeking a job. "

"could be" yeah right.

Illegals are getting exploited by illegal low wages, and 1000s of them have been cheated out of their wages completely. Take it up with the businessmen who exploit illegals and who would never hire legals and pay minimum wage, not with Magic Negro.

How many bruvvas and legal chachos gonna pick strawberries and tomatoes for pennies per pound?

jack sommerset
10-26-2009, 03:13 PM
"low-wage, low-skill positions that could be filled with the millions of U.S.-born workers with similar education who are desperately seeking a job. "

"could be" yeah right.

Illegals are getting exploited by illegal low wages, and 1000s of them have been cheated out of their wages completely. Take it up with the businessmen who exploit illegals and who would never hire legals and pay minimum wage, not with Magic Negro.

How many bruvvas and legal chachos gonna pick strawberries and tomatoes for pennies per pound?

Solution., Kick the illegals out of the country. Problem solved. But noooooo, lets talk about whitey and how they took this country from the indians and every person on the planet has the God given right to live here.:lol

boutons_deux
10-26-2009, 03:31 PM
"Kick the illegals out of the country"

please list your workable details how to do it.

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 03:35 PM

"could be" yeah right.

How many bruvvas and legal chachos gonna pick strawberries and tomatoes for pennies per pound? whooooooooa hoss can the racist rant.about 10% of the price of lettuce goes toward labor.Now as a good little Obamatron trying to save the planet, aren't you willing to dole out thousands for cap and trade? Why not for lettuce to help employ your fellow citizens?
When you go down to the guchi little organic grocery and see the "fair trade" stickers with the toothless old brown peasant and dole out an extra buck and a half a pound for coffee, why aren't you willing to pay more to fair trade here in the U.S.
If agribus won't pay more for labor believe me there are thousands of small farmers that will take up their slack.Or do you support wealth welfare queens? And are you seriously saying that somehow we have 20 to 30 million fruit pickers in the U.S. The jobs being stolen are in construction, trucking, manufacturing, any and all blue collar jobs.The greatest concentration of illegals in America aren't in rural farmbelts. but in the most affluent of our cities.

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 03:41 PM

please list your workable details how to do it.Mandatory jail time for employers,first offense say 10 days in the county lock up, after that it goes up. no public services to anyone in the U.S. who isn't a legal U.S. citizen.E- verify. But your not interested in any of that. You're intrested in stuffing the ballot boxes for the DNC

boutons_deux
10-26-2009, 03:48 PM
"there are thousands of small farmers that will take up their slack"

independent farmers are a tiny %age now. They mostly all work for agribusiness now.

"The jobs being stolen are in construction, trucking, manufacturing, any and all blue collar jobs"

and those business are underpaying, overworking, and stealing illegals wages, too.

So take up your complaints with the business who REFUSE to hire your dear Americans.

spursncowboys
10-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Mandatory jail time for employers,first offense say 10 days in the county lock up, after that it goes up. no public services to anyone in the U.S. who isn't a legal U.S. citizen.E- verify. But your not interested in any of that. You're intrested in stuffing the ballot boxes for the DNC
First we should secure our borders. Then figure the rest out.

jack sommerset
10-26-2009, 03:49 PM

please list your workable details how to do it.

Gun and a badge will do just fine. I would start with every corner that has Home Depot.

clambake
10-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Gun and a badge will do just fine. I would start with every corner that has Home Depot.

you can do it now.

make a "citizens arrest".

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Gun and a badge will do just fine. I would start with every corner that has Home Depot. See great suggestion easy
inexpensive
effective
low tech.
eminetly workable and soooooooooooooooo.....won't do it.

clambake
10-26-2009, 03:59 PM
See great suggestion easy
not easy

inexpensive
incredibly expensive

effective
wouldn't even notice

low tech.
good, you got one.

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 04:02 PM

independent farmers are a tiny %age now. They mostly all work for agribusiness now.

"The jobs being stolen are in construction, trucking, manufacturing, any and all blue collar jobs"

and those business are underpaying, overworking, and stealing illegals wages, too.

So take up your complaints with the business who REFUSE to hire your dear Americans.
"MY" dear americans..aren't they yours too, or have you hitched your wagon to another star.
Well we have to take it up with a political class that refuses to enforce the laws the people have voted for, and thereby create a de facto amnesty. we have to take it up with political parties trying to shore up falling numbers who sell green cards for the price of a vote.
So in fact you're all in favor of labor laws being violated against your illegal aliens and "my dear americans" you're good with it and if I have a problem I should take it up with the bussiness class. Yes I think you've gotten down to the nut of the DNC's platform on illegal aliens.And I as an American worker am supposed to look to the left for a voice standing up for labor?

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 04:06 PM
not easy

incredibly expensive

wouldn't even notice

good, you got one. I'm sorry clambake did you say something,I didn't mean to ignore you.....again.

clambake
10-26-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry clambake did you say something,I didn't mean to ignore you.....again.

its ok, micca. i was just commenting about your knowledge.

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 04:23 PM

As for agriculture, this country fed itself beyond need, before the rise of agribus, this is another "to big to fail" mantra of the status quo.One that Monsantos loves to tell. I didn't know you were a corprate shill.As a matter of fact during the WWII the victory gardens provided 40% of all domestic produce needs.
Victory gardens were accountants puttering around their backyards after work,with a broken shovel and their grandads wheelbarrow and they were able to produce 40% of domestice needs.Just think what they could of done if they were serious about it,and tooled up.
The rise of indepedent growers is only stalled by goverment bueracracy and corprate control to dominate the industry.
Also all the lazy ass bruvvvvas and pochos you were talking about...Well maybe they would have a healthy sustainable eco friendly future as farmers and wouldn't be forced to become pimps for ACORN.

baseline bum
10-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Punish the hell out of companies that hire illegals. Not slaps on the wrist in terms of fines, but jail time for employers who break the law and shutting companies down that are repeat offenders, regardless of size.

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Punish the hell out of companies that hire illegals. Not slaps on the wrist in terms of fines, but jail time for employers who break the law and shutting companies down that are repeat offenders, regardless of size.here here.

boutons_deux
10-26-2009, 04:42 PM
"Punish the hell out of companies that hire illegals"

The policing/juridicial burden is impossible, not enough police, not enough judges for 10s of 1000s of companies that hire illegals.

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 04:54 PM
"Punish the hell out of companies that hire illegals"

The policing/juridicial burden is impossible, not enough police, not enough judges for 10s of 1000s of companies that hire illegals.DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE what OUR motto.......come on now......you know it.............DON"T LEAVE ME HANGING..................................YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!

Now if that's the motto of Obama why do you question it..............It is also the motto of the illegal aliens and their supporters in La Raza...Si se puede...........what a funny coincidense. But to the American people you say no you can't, no you can't, immpossible...blah blah balh

George Gervin's Afro
10-26-2009, 05:29 PM
PROF. SWAIN: No task too audacious for Obama -- except protecting U.S. jobs from illegal workers

Carol Swain, professor of law and political science at Vanderbilt University, has noted in the Nashville Tennessean that Pres. Obama has now promised to lead the way to cure cancer, end foreign oil dependence and guarantee higher education to everyone who wants it.

No goal appears too audacious. No effort is too bold ....

.... except when it comes to keeping illegal aliens out of U.S. jobs so that unemployed Americans (especially Blacks and Hispanics) can have them, Prof. Swain notes. She writes:

I would like to focus on something that the president has not addressed: illegal immigration and its impact on unemployment, job creation and our failing educational system. Until he is willing to acknowledge the obvious, our best efforts are doomed to fail.

Prof. Swain asks how it can make sense for Pres. Obama to leave 6-7 million illegal immigrants working in low-wage, low-skill positions that could be filled with the millions of U.S.-born workers with similar education who are desperately seeking a job.

She suggests that those 6-7 million jobs filled by illegal aliens far overshadow the 3.5 million jobs that Mr. Obama hopes to create or save from his nearly-trillion-dollar Stimulus package (jobs that Obama made sure remain open for illegal aliens to take).

And Prof. Swain is particularly puzzled by Pres. Obama's callousness toward U.S.-born Blacks and Hispanics:

A detailed breakdown of U.S. Census unemployment data released by the Center for Immigration Studies reveals startling levels of unemployment for U.S.-born blacks and Hispanics without a high school education. Blacks had a 24.7 percent unemployment rate and Hispanics were at 16.2 percent.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate for legal and illegal immigrants without a high school education was 10.6 percent.

Although the official jobless rate for less-educated foreign workers is high, they are still doing far better than their Black and Hispanic American counterparts.

This shameful situation does not exist because Pres. Obama and his federal government are powerless. Prof. Swain writes:

The president can act now to ensure that all American jobs go to people authorized to work in the United States.

We can aggressively tackle unemployment by taking simple steps to ensure that American workers are protected from illegal competition from those unauthorized to work in this country.

Many of the president's new programs lack any mechanism for verifying that the recipients are in the country legally. Such a failure to tackle the obvious does not bode well for the future. Our rising health-care costs and educational burdens are all impacted by the presence of large numbers of undocumented and unauthorized residents who make it more difficult for hard-working Americans to enjoy some of the benefits of living in a nation that used to be one of the greatest in the world.

Prof. Swain has proven that one can work in an ivory tower and still understand the world

so what

EmptyMan
10-26-2009, 06:18 PM

Shieeeeeet brotha, pick strawberries for pennies a pound my ass!

Mailbox do ya good. Ya feels me?

jack sommerset
10-26-2009, 10:10 PM
you can do it now.

make a "citizens arrest".

I am off next Monday. I am going down to the Home Depot and call the police. I'm curious if they will show and if they do what would happen. I will update.

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 10:20 PM
I am off next Monday. I am going down to the Home Depot and call the police. I'm curious if they will show and if they do what would happen. I will update. I'll tell you what happens if enough citizens complain home depot asks them to leave ,then through your tax dollars a La Raza lawyer tries and bluff them, since the ethnic shakedown artist have more money than the average group of American workers they grind Home Depot down, until once again the citizens in the community complain.But it can be won, I know I've seen it done.

baseline bum
10-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I am off next Monday. I am going down to the Home Depot and call the police. I'm curious if they will show and if they do what would happen. I will update.

Why don't you arrest the person responsible for hiring the illegals?

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Why don't you arrest the person responsible for hiring the illegals?why not both of them?

jack sommerset
10-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Why don't you arrest the person responsible for hiring the illegals?

I am going to take baby steps. First the Home Depot.

hope4dopes
10-26-2009, 10:27 PM
I am going to take baby steps. First the Home Depot.If you're really interested I'm sure their are border security groups in your community you can get active with, or nearby, or you can organize one, but there are plenty of them around the number has exploded in the last 3 years.

Winehole23
10-26-2009, 11:05 PM
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/beckr/february-28-2009/prof-swain-no-task-too-audacious-obama-except-protecting-us-jobs-ill

jack sommerset
10-27-2009, 09:38 AM
If you're really interested I'm sure their are border security groups in your community you can get active with, or nearby, or you can organize one, but there are plenty of them around the number has exploded in the last 3 years.

I'll look into that.