PDA

View Full Version : Rondo to join 2010 free-agent class

duncan228
10-27-2009, 01:34 AM
Rondo to join 2010 free-agent class (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-rondoceltics102609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Marc J. Spears

Rajon Rondo will not sign a contract extension with the Boston Celtics, allowing him to join next summer’s heralded free-agent class, the point guard’s agent told Yahoo! Sports late Monday.

Rondo and the Celtics have until Saturday to negotiate an extension, but his agent, Bill Duffy, said the point guard has already made a decision to become a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

Duffy said he has had recent talks with the Celtics about Rondo, but the negotiations never progressed enough to lead him to believe the sides were close to a deal. Celtics president Danny Ainge couldn’t be reached for comment.

“We’re not going to do an extension right now,” Duffy said. “The conversation has been cordial. We’ve been talking the last couple of weeks. There is a difference between the perception of him in their eyes and our eyes. With that being said, the focus is on Rajon to have a fantastic season and concentrate on winning a championship.”

Duffy, who also counts Steve Nash among his clients, said he is seeking a contract that would pay Rondo like one of the NBA’s top five point guards.

The Celtics, Duffy said, “feel differently.”

Rondo, 23, is making $2.1 million in the final season of his rookie contract. Among members of Rondo’s 2006 rookie class, Portland Trail Blazers All-Star guard Brandon Roy received a five-year, $80 million contract extension. Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge also received a five-year extension that will pay him at least $65 million.

Rondo averaged 11.9 points. 8.2 assists and 5.2 rebounds for the Celtics last season. He had a breakthrough performance in the playoffs, nearly averaging a triple-double of 16.9 points, 9.8 assists and 9.7 rebounds in 14 games.

While LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh – and possibly Dirk Nowitzki and Amare Stoudemire – will headline the 2010 free-agent class, Rondo would be the best point guard available. Because he will be a restricted free agent, the Celtics will have seven days to match any offer sheet he receives from another team.

Celtics guard Ray Allen also will be a free agent at the end of the season and Paul Pierce could join them as well, should he opt out of the final year of his contract.

Rondo frustrated the Celtics at times last season with maturity issues and his name surfaced in trade talks over the summer. Duffy, however, said Rondo is completely on the “same page” with the Celtics now and that the summer problems had no bearing on Rondo’s decision to become a free agent.

“Danny knows Rajon is taking care of business on and off the court,” Duffy said. “Danny Ainge has stated happiness with Rondo’s work ethic and leadership at this point.”

Obstructed_View
10-27-2009, 02:36 AM
That dude's hugely underappreciated for what he does, especially in Boston. People will be watching him this season with a fresh set of eyes.

AussieFanKurt
10-27-2009, 02:45 AM
He had an excellent playoffs I thought. Many trip-dubs

Chieflion
10-27-2009, 04:56 AM
That dude's hugely underappreciated for what he does, especially in Boston. People will be watching him this season with a fresh set of eyes.
He is a good player, too bad he turned out to be a son of a bitch, and he showed that in the playoffs. Most altercations with the Bulls involved Rondo as the main guy.

Danny.Zhu
10-27-2009, 04:58 AM
His recent development is unbelievable.

Culburn369
10-27-2009, 06:22 AM
He's the goodsPERIOD

Mel_13
10-27-2009, 06:33 AM
More proof that:

Celtics management>>>>>>Blazers management

anakha
10-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Duffy, who also counts Steve Nash among his clients, said he is seeking a contract that would pay Rondo like one of the NBA’s top five point guards.

I took a quick glance at the listed salaries of some prominent point guards, and it seems the two lowest salaries among these is Devin Harris's at about $8 mil per, and Parker's at about $12 mil per.

Just on last year's performance, does Rondo deserve a contract in or above that range? What should he do this coming season to earn such a contract?

mountainballer
10-27-2009, 08:58 AM
I took a quick glance at the listed salaries of some prominent point guards, and it seems the two lowest salaries among these is Devin Harris's at about $8 mil per, and Parker's at about $12 mil per.

take more time for the look.
Billups makes less than Parker (12.1),
some all stars or borderline all stars like Mo Williams (8.9), Nelson (7.6) and Calderon (8.2) make significantly less than Tony and some proven veterans had to saddle for even less, namely Bibby (6.2) and Miller (6.7).
IMO Rondo is worth a contract in the area of Jameer Nelson (5years /38 million), but I guess he thinks he is worth twice this money.

FlAVaK
10-27-2009, 09:08 AM

Just on last year's performance, does Rondo deserve a contract in or above that range? What should he do this coming season to earn such a contract?

The highest paid PGs are:
Arenas and Wade (both maybe not really PGs) at about $16 mil,
than comes Williams, Paul and Nash at $13 mil,
Parker, Davis and Billups at about $12 mil

In the next Group ($8-10 mil) are guys like:
Kidd, Calderon, Nelson, Mo Williams, Hinrich, Ford...

This source says the Celtics offered Rondo $45 mil over 5 years, that makes 9 per. He wanted $55-60 mil, 11 or 12 p.a. for 5 years.

Source: Rondo, Celts $10-15 million apart (http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/10/27/source-rondo-celts-10-15-million-apart/)

So basically the question is, does he deserve as much as Jose & Jameer or Tony & Chauncey...

And in addition to the Blazers-Comparison Mel_13 made,
Roys contract extension (5y, $80 mil) starts at $13.5 mil and ends at $19 mil.

If Rondo really "just" wants $60 mil over 5, I think he will get it easily next summer!

anakha
10-27-2009, 09:28 AM
take more time for the look.
Billups makes less than Parker (12.1),
some all stars or borderline all stars like Mo Williams (8.9), Nelson (7.6) and Calderon (8.2) make significantly less than Tony and some proven veterans had to saddle for even less, namely Bibby (6.2) and Miller (6.7).
IMO Rondo is worth a contract in the area of Jameer Nelson (5years /38 million), but I guess he thinks he is worth twice this money.

Take note of what I quoted in the original article - the agent was referencing the top 5 PGs and their salaries.

I just might give you Billups, but I wouldn't count any of those other guys you listed among that top 5.

Culburn369
10-27-2009, 10:59 AM

* Don't stop breathing is Numero Uno.

* Make sure Ainge doesn't whack off his/Rondo's nose to spite his/Ainge's face.

* Sign on the line which is dotted.

Culburn369
10-27-2009, 11:02 AM
So basically the question is, does he deserve as much as Jose & Jameer or Tony & Chauncey...

And in addition to the Blazers-Comparison Mel_13 made,
Roys contract extension (5y, $80 mil) starts at $13.5 mil and ends at $19 mil.

If Rondo really "just" wants $60 mil over 5, I think he will get it easily next summer!

(5 y, $80 mil) that's it! That's the one Rondo is eyeballin'.

And deserves got nothin' to do with it.

anakha
10-27-2009, 12:10 PM
He and his agent wants 80-85 mil. He's not worth more than 7.

7 mil over five years? That's league minimum territory there.

thispego
10-27-2009, 12:14 PM
He is a good player, too bad he turned out to be a son of a bitch, and he showed that in the playoffs. Most altercations with the Bulls involved Rondo as the main guy.

and? that makes him a son of a bitch? :rolleyes

rondo is good. if celts think they can low ball their starting championship point guard then they are retarded. I can understand the celtics position though, they know this is their last year of contention, no reason to committ alot to such a talented player.

Allanon
10-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Rondo's pissed that the entire Celtics team (Pierce, Allen, etc) +management (Rivers/Ainge/Wyc) were flown down to sign up Sheed.

Then when it was his turn, they wouldn't even talk extension (originally opting to wait until next year).

He's feelin' disrespected right now.

TwinTowers
10-27-2009, 02:50 PM
He needs to show a lot of improvement and maturity to earn the kind of money he wants with a new contract. Right now he is a 7-9 mill/year.

duncan228
10-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Rondo, Celtics go back to bargaining table (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-rondotalks102709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Marc J. Spears

Contract talks between Rajon Rondo and the Boston Celtics were revived from the dead Tuesday.

Agent Bill Duffy said Celtics president Danny Ainge restarted talks by expressing a willingness to improve a possible offer to Rondo during a meeting at halftime of Boston’s 95-89 win in Cleveland on Tuesday. On Monday, Duffy told Yahoo! Sports that Rondo would not sign a contract extension with the Celtics and would become a restricted free agent next summer. The deadline for a possible extension is Saturday.

“Our position was firm, but Danny Ainge reached out and said they were willing to move,” Duffy told Yahoo! Sports in a phone interview. “Our mind was made up on this. But he said, ‘Let’s try to talk again, let us put some stuff together and talk [Wednesday].’ ”

Rondo averaged 11.9 points, 8.2 assists and 5.2 rebounds for the Celtics last season. He had a breakthrough performance last postseason, averaging a near triple-double of 16.9 points, 9.8 assists and 9.7 rebounds in 14 contests.

Rondo declined comment on his contract situation prior to the Celtics’ win at Cleveland on Tuesday. Ainge could not be reached for comment.

Duffy said Ainge reached out to him Tuesday morning via text message to see if they could talk at halftime of the Cleveland game. During the meeting, Duffy said Ainge spoke of an improved counterproposal from their previous contract talks.

“If the Celtics are willing to move, we’ll entertain it,” Duffy said.

Duffy has told Yahoo! Sports that Rondo merits a contract worthy of a top-five point guard. A source, however, said Rondo is seeking a five-year deal in the $55 million to $65 million range.

Among members of Rondo’s 2006 rookie class, Portland Trail Blazers All-Star guard Brandon Roy received a five-year, $80 million contract extension. Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge also received a five-year extension that will pay him at least $65 million.

While both sides are speaking again, Duffy cautions that it’s not a given that a new pact will be made.

“It comes down to how much they’re willing to move,” Duffy said. “But Rajon is completely prepared to play his contract out [to become a restricted free agent].”

While the marquee players of the 2010 free agent class include LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and possibly Dirk Nowitzki and Amar’e Stoudemire, Rondo appears to easily be the top point guard available. While numerous teams have deep pockets next summer, the Celtics would have seven days to match any potential offer sheet that Rondo could sign due to his restricted status. While Rondo is just 23 years old now, the Celtics’ four other marquee players are all in their 30s – Paul Pierce (32), Kevin Garnett (33), Ray Allen (34) and Rasheed Wallace (35).

duncan228
11-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Sources: Celts, Rondo still talking (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4612132)
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Although the past few days have been mostly quiet on the contract front for Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo, both sides are expected to connect Sunday for one last attempt to come together on a new deal before Monday's deadline for contract extensions for members of the 2006 draft class, according to sources close to the process.

The annual deadline for such extensions is Oct. 31 every season but was moved to Monday at 11:59 p.m. by the NBA because Halloween fell on a Saturday. League rules stipulate that the deadline moves to the next possible business day if it coincides with a Saturday, Sunday or national holiday.

Rondo's camp appeared prepared to scrap the idea of further talks and consider the matter of an extension closed as recently as Monday. Yet a meeting Tuesday in Cleveland between Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge and Rondo's agent, Bill Duffy, resuscitated talks, with Boston making unspecified improvements to its previous offer.

Ainge, though, told the Boston Herald on Friday that he hadn't even discussed the extended deadline with Duffy after Tuesday's sitdown and said of the extra time: "I don't know if it helps or it doesn't help."

Rondo, meanwhile, has made it clear that he is more than prepared to play on without an extension and join the vaunted 2010 free-agent class as a restricted free agent next July 1, when he would almost surely attract a lucrative long-term offer from an external suitor. The Celtics would have seven days to match an offer in that scenario unless they strike their own deal with Rondo first.

"I have no idea whether we'll get something done [by the deadline]," Rondo told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Oct. 20. "It's not something I'm worried about. It's just not a big deal right now. Of course I'd like to get it done, but if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

"My agent's got a certain number in mind and if they don't reach that, we'll just wait. I feel like if we win another title, obviously that helps my chances [of getting more money]."

The Celtics have also expressed public confidence that the absence of an extension won't affect Rondo's play this season. In a interview Friday with Boston's WEEI radio, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said: "Obviously I think both sides are working to get [an extension] done. I think if it happens, it's great. If it doesn't, I don't think it affects either side. Like [I've] said before, I believe he'll be a Celtic for life whether he gets this deal done [before the deadline or not]."

Rondo would be the biggest name from the 2006 draft class not to land an extension if no deal can be struck by Monday, but he'd hardly be alone. In yet another illustration of the global economic downturn's effect on the NBA, only four 2006 first-rounders have received extensions so far: No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani (Toronto), No. 2 LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland), No. 6 Brandon Roy (Portland) and No. 13 Thabo Sefolosha (Oklahoma City).

Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay and Chicago Bulls forward Tyrus Thomas join Rondo on the list of prominent alumni from the '06 draft who for weeks have been resigned to the fact that they were unlikely to receive an extension, although Gay and the Grizzlies -- unlike Thomas and the Bulls -- are still talking.

"The talks never died," Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace said Saturday. "We have been talking since early in the summer."

WEEI reported earlier this week that the Celtics offered Rondo a five-year, $45 million extension. But Rondo, according to the station, is seeking a five-year deal worth between $55 million and $60 million.

Rondo is earning $2.3 million this season in the last year of his rookie contract. He averaged 11.9 points, 8.2 assists and 5.2 rebounds per game last season but pushed those averages to an impressive near triple-double in the playoffs with star forward Kevin Garnett sidelined.

21_Blessings
11-01-2009, 03:32 PM
"My agent's got a certain number in mind and if they don't reach that, we'll just wait. I feel like if we win another title, obviously that helps my chances [of getting more money]."

:lol

Time to open that wallet Boston.

pauls931
11-01-2009, 03:41 PM
I need to watch more games. I'm not sure if Rondo is that good or if having 3 future hall of famers on the court tweaks the D to where he can thrive.

Spursfan092120
11-01-2009, 04:05 PM
He'd be a good backup for Tony. :)

Allanon
11-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Rondo can't shoot but is probably one of the best defensive PG's, that puts him in the $8-$10 million category.

redzero
11-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I wonder how he'd do without three future hall of famers on his team.

Gant
11-01-2009, 04:49 PM
I wonder how he'd do without three future hall of famers on his team.

In the playoffs he only had 2 hall of famers and his stats went up across the board.

He's probably going to be an all star this year.
He's in the top 2 points in rebounding, probably #1 this year.
He'll be in the top 5 in assists, maybe top 3.
He'll have the highest fg% of any point.
He's the top defending point in the game.

Plus he's only 23 and constantly getting better.

What is there about this guy that makes people lose all reasoning?

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 05:07 PM
In the playoffs he only had 2 hall of famers and his stats went up across the board.

He's probably going to be an all star this year.
He's in the top 2 points in rebounding, probably #1 this year.
He'll be in the top 5 in assists, maybe top 3.
He'll have the highest fg% of any point.
He's the top defending point in the game.

Plus he's only 23 and constantly getting better.

What is there about this guy that makes people lose all reasoning?

I haven't really understood that either. He's a top 5 pg and only getting better. Right now I'd only take Paul, Williams, Rose, and maybe Billups ahead of him. He's in a tie with TP for 5th. Dude's a triple double machine

Kyle Orton
11-01-2009, 05:09 PM
He wont get the all-star nod over Rose, Jameer, or Mo.
:lol

With each passing big game the Cavs play in, nba fans are becoming more and more aware of how much this guy sucks.

DPG21920
11-01-2009, 05:18 PM
I haven't really understood that either. He's a top 5 pg and only getting better. Right now I'd only take Paul, Williams, Rose, and maybe Billups ahead of him. He's in a tie with TP for 5th. Dude's a triple double machine

Could be the dumbest thing I have heard you say.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Could be the dumbest thing I have heard you say.

No, just because I don't hold your beloved Tony Parker in such high regard as spur fan doesn't make it dumb. Basketball is played on both sides of the ball and Rondo is a badass defender, as well is a good slasher and passer. He >> TP in everything other than scoring. Rebounding, defense, passing, all by a long shot. Flame on if you want to

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 05:31 PM
The Tony Parker slob knocking on this site is pretty hilarious.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
It makes no sense to compare Rajon to the best PG's in the league because his game would drastically suffer if he wasn't on the Celtics.

He was by far their best player in the playoffs last year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
:nope

I'm off the wagon until he can hit a mid-range.

He'll never have a consistent jumper with those big ass hands, but it's not like Parker's jumper lights the world on fire, and with him, it's not an issue of hand size, it's an issue of he doesn't work on his shot as much as he should.

Other than having a slightly better mid range jumper, what does Parker do better than Rondo?

Allanon
11-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Rondo's way over-rated. I agree with Luva that he wouldn't be nearly as good if he weren't on the Celtics. His assist rate is inflated because guys like Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, KG don't miss much.

He's a great rebounder, great PG defender. He's not a good shooter, and only a decent passer, and can only go to one hand on his slashing.

He's a one-sided player; teams leave him to go defend other guys. I'd much rather see Rondo in the Playoffs than guys like CP3, Tony, DWill, etc.

If he doesn't re-sign with the Celtics, you guys will see how over-rated he is.

Put Rajon Rondo on a different team and he's Kirk Hinrich with less shooting ability.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Slightly better mid-range? You can't give back off Parker, and he's the best at getting into the lane and finishing of all the PG's.

Rondo is just as good at finishing at the rim at Parker is.

sonic21
11-01-2009, 06:20 PM
i guess we'll see who's better when they'll meet in the finals.

Muser
11-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Parker only having a "Slightly better mid range game" than Rondo :lmao

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Rondo's way over-rated. I agree with Luva that he wouldn't be nearly as good if he weren't on the Celtics. His assist rate is inflated because guys like Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, KG don't miss much.

He's a great rebounder, great PG defender. He's not a good shooter, and only a decent passer, and can only go to one hand on his slashing.

He's a one-sided player; teams leave him to go defend other guys. I'd much rather see Rondo in the Playoffs than guys like CP3, Tony, DWill, etc.

Put Rajon Rondo on a different team and he's Kirk Hinrich with less shooting ability.

Jeez your basketball takes are retarded. Rondo was having triple doubles out the ass last post season with no KG to pass to. Sure he has an aging Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, but D Will has Boozer, Millsap, Brewer. Tony Parker has Ginobili, Jefferson, and Duncan. Kidd has Dirk, Terry, and Marion. The point is, you can't take his triple doubles away from him for having teammates. You can't sit there and make what if's about what he would do and what type of numbers he "would" put up with other teams. All we know is that he dominates games with his defense and finds the open man while piling up assists and wins. Not to mention he's an underrated slasher and finisher at the rim. People have been discrediting him since his rookie year. Saying things like "will he be good enough for them to win it all or will he be the weak link." And then it was "he only looks good because he's on the Celtics and has KG." Well guess what, KG didn't play last postseason and Rondo was the best player on his team. Time to give the hate a rest fellas.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:18 PM
So far this year, while only through 3 games, he's averaging 12.3 ASSISTS AND ONLY 1.67 TURNOVERS! That is incredibly efficient. While shooting an equally incredibly efficient 63 FUCKING % from the field and grabbing 6 rebounds AS A POINT GUARD! Not to mention 2.3 steals. Dude is a legit beast.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Well guess what, KG didn't play last postseason and Rondo was the best player on his team. Time to give the hate a rest fellas.

This.

Spursfan092120
11-01-2009, 07:21 PM
The Tony Parker slob knocking on this site is pretty hilarious.
What? I can't hear you...I've got these trophies in my ears..

http://en.ce.cn/sports/basketball/200706/15/W020070615495759596830.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
What? I can't hear you...I've got these trophies in my ears..

http://en.ce.cn/sports/basketball/200706/15/W020070615495759596830.jpg

Robert Horry > Michael Jordan

JamStone
Rondo is really good. I don't think it's only because he plays with three superstars. He showed last playoffs that he can be a big time player, even in the spotlight of the post season. That said, I think $9 million a year is a pretty fair offer by Boston. Just because there are teams out there that way overpay for players, it doesn't mean Rondo should expect Boston to do so. Under NBA standards, he's probably worth somewhere between $8-10 million a year. To ask for upwards of $12 million is getting in that territory of either franchises in small markets have to way overpay for players or stupid owners or front offices who really don't give a shit about that kind of stuff like Cuban in Dallas or when New York was run by Isiah or Layden.

I'd be interested to see if any other team would really be willing to come anywhere close to $80 million over 5 years for Rondo. I can't see it. I think $50 million over 5 years might be as far as a team might be willing to go for his services.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

did Rajon Rondo reach his potential at the age of 19?

mavs>spurs2
Already resorting to 4 rings faggot. My work here is done

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Jeez your basketball takes are retarded.

Jeez, you're just a stupid mother fucker.

Rondo was having triple doubles out the ass last post season with no KG to pass to. Sure he has an aging Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, but D Will has Boozer, Millsap, Brewer. Tony Parker has Ginobili, Jefferson, and Duncan. Kidd has Dirk, Terry, and Marion. The point is, you can't take his triple doubles away from him for having teammates. You can't sit there and make what if's about what he would do and what type of numbers he "would" put up with other teams. All we know is that he dominates games with his defense and finds the open man while piling up assists and wins. Not to mention he's an underrated slasher and finisher at the rim. People have been discrediting him since his rookie year. Saying things like "will he be good enough for them to win it all or will he be the weak link." And then it was "he only looks good because he's on the Celtics and has KG." Well guess what, KG didn't play last postseason and Rondo was the best player on his team. Time to give the hate a rest fellas.

Why can't you take away his assists for having great shooting teammates? You only get assists if your teammates make the shot. With great teammates, your assists go way up. With shitty shooting teammates, your assists go way down.

Rajon Rondo's assist stats are a direct result of having Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, KG to play with. Put Rajon Rondo on the Hornets and you tell me if he's going to have those assist stats. Stupid Mavfan :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Already resorting to 4 rings faggot. My work here is done

Yup, you know you've won an argument when Spurfan randomly brings up rings (faggot).

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:26 PM
did Rajon Rondo reach his potential at the age of 19?

No, he didn't.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Rajon Rondo's assist stats are a direct result of having Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, KG to play with.

So Rondo's 9.8 APG in the playoffs last year was cause of KG?

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:27 PM

No, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:28 PM
No, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce.

Pick a lane and stick with. Quit changing your argument.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Pick a lane and stick with. Quit changing your argument.

How is that changing my argument? I've had Ray Allen and Paul Pierce all along. Open your eyes.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:30 PM
What about the 9.7 RPG in the playoffs last year? Did Pierce and Allen (or KG's ghost) get them for him?

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:30 PM
What about the 9.7 RPG in the playoffs last year? Did Pierce and Allen (or KG's ghost) get them for him?

WTF is your problem? Can you read? I said Pierce and Allen.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:31 PM
How is that changing my argument? I've had Ray Allen and Paul Pierce all along. Open your eyes.

You said it was cause of KG and those two, and then just said it was those two. Explain how his assist numbers actually went up when he no longer had KG?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:32 PM
WTF is your problem? Can you read? I said Pierce and Allen.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Pierce and Allen grabbed rebounds for him, that's fuckin awesome.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Jeez, you're just a stupid mother fucker.

Why can't you take away his assists for having great shooting teammates? You only get assists if your teammates make the shot. With great teammates, your assists go way up. With shitty shooting teammates, your assists go way down.

Rajon Rondo's assist stats are a direct result of having Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, KG to play with. Put Rajon Rondo on the Hornets and you tell me if he's going to have those assist stats. Stupid Mavfan :lol

Are you fucking stupid? I just pointed out how EVERY high assist guy has great shootin teammates. And RONDO DIDN'T HAVE KG LAST POST SEASON WHEN HE WAS RACKING UP TRIPLE DOUBLES YOU FUCKING IDIOT. That means you can't cite him in your argument without looking like a moron. And if you put anyone other than CP3 on the Hornets they won't have those stats, fail argument.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:37 PM

:lmao exposed. this is why i dont argue with idiots. they only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:37 PM
You said it was cause of KG and those two, and then just said it was those two. Explain how his assist numbers actually went up when he no longer had KG?

How is KG supposed to play when he's injured? When did I ever mention last year's playoffs? Stop making shit up.

Rajon Rondo didn't even have KG for more than a quarter of the season. What do you mean he no longer had KG?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:39 PM
How is KG supposed to play when he's injured? When did I ever mention last year's playoffs? Stop making shit up.

Rajon Rondo didn't even have KG for more than a quarter of the season. What do you mean he no longer had KG?

What the fuck are you talking about? You said Rondo's assists are cause of Pierce Allen and KG, and then quickly back tracked once I pointed out how Rondo produced more assists once KG went down.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:39 PM
:lmao exposed. this is why i dont argue with idiots. they only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Apparently Rondo's 9.7 rebounds per game in the playoffs are also cause of Allen and Pierce.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Are you fucking stupid? I just pointed out how EVERY high assist guy has great shootin teammates. And RONDO DIDN'T HAVE KG LAST POST SEASON WHEN HE WAS RACKING UP TRIPLE DOUBLES YOU FUCKING IDIOT. That means you can't cite him in your argument without looking like a moron. And if you put anyone other than CP3 on the Hornets they won't have those stats, fail argument.

What is it with you dumb bitch? Did Rondo play with KG last season?

Even with KG out, he's still playing with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen or did they somehow disappear in the Playoffs?

It's not just CP3, Jason Kidd can get his assists no matter how shitty his team is, just look at his career numbers and the shitty teams he's been on. GTFO with that weak shit.

Dumb bitches like you waste my time.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:40 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? You said Rondo's assists are cause of Pierce Allen and KG, and then quickly back tracked once I pointed out how Rondo produced more assists once KG went down.

:lmao This is fun

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:41 PM

Are you just retarded or acting stupid?

Did Rondo play with KG, Pierce and Ray Allen?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Did Rondo play with KG, Pierce and Ray Allen?

Last year in the playoffs when he averaged 9.8 APG, no, he didn't.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:42 PM
What is it with you dumb bitch? Did Rondo play with KG last season?

Even with KG out, he's still playing with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen or did they somehow disappear in the Playoffs?

It's not just CP3, Jason Kidd can get his assists no matter how shitty his team is, just look at his career numbers and the shitty teams he's been on. GTFO with that weak shit.

Dumb bitches like you waste my time.

EVERY high assist guy has teammates. Ray Allen is aging and isn't even a superstar. Jason Kidd always had Carter and Jefferson. You're full of so much fail I don't even know what to say

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Last year in the playoffs when he averaged 9.8 APG, no, he didn't.

Don't be a bitch and answer the fucking question.

Did Rajon play with Pierce, Allen and KG?

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:44 PM

Yes but KG isn't the reason for his high assists. This was proven when his assists went UP while KG was INJURED. Quit flip flopping your argument you little weaseling fuck

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Yes but KG isn't the reason for his high assists. This was proven when his assists went UP while KG was INJURED. Quit flip flopping your argument you little weaseling fuck

DoK needs a little bitch like you to fight his battles? Answer the question DoK, don't be scurred :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM

Yes he did, what's your point?

mavs>spurs2
Cool smack bro. When you decide to post any evidence to back your claims other than your shitty opinions, or pick an argument with plan and a purpose other than just flip flopping, let me know

Allanon
Yes he did, what's your point?

Thankyou. Now quote me on anything that I said that contradicts this.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Thankyou. Now quote me on anything that contradicts this.

My point was that it's proven his assists have nothing to do with KG.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Cool smack bro. When you decide to post any evidence to back your claims other than your shitty opinions, or pick an argument with plan and a purpose, let me know

Yeah, come up with some facts instead of ignorance, bro. Then get back to me.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:47 PM
My point was that it's proven his assists have nothing to do with KG.

Are you saying KG has not had anything to do with his assists?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:48 PM

Based off his 9.8 APG average in last years playoffs, no, Rondo doesn't need KG to put up the assists he puts up.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Based off his 9.8 APG average in last years playoffs, no, Rondo doesn't need KG to put up the assists he puts up.

KG wasn't even playing. But Paul Pierce and Ray Allen were playing.

How does this change anything?

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah, come up with some facts instead of ignorance, bro. Then get back to me.

Jeez your basketball takes are retarded. Rondo was having triple doubles out the ass last post season with no KG to pass to. Sure he has an aging Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, but D Will has Boozer, Millsap, Brewer. Tony Parker has Ginobili, Jefferson, and Duncan. Kidd has Dirk, Terry, and Marion. The point is, you can't take his triple doubles away from him for having teammates. You can't sit there and make what if's about what he would do and what type of numbers he "would" put up with other teams. All we know is that he dominates games with his defense and finds the open man while piling up assists and wins. Not to mention he's an underrated slasher and finisher at the rim. People have been discrediting him since his rookie year. Saying things like "will he be good enough for them to win it all or will he be the weak link." And then it was "he only looks good because he's on the Celtics and has KG." Well guess what, KG didn't play last postseason and Rondo was the best player on his team. Time to give the hate a rest fellas.

There's my facts. Now you come up with something other than your KG claim which has been debunked

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:50 PM

:bang:bang:bang:bang

That's my point!!!!!! He still averaged 9.8 assists when KG wasn't playing, so clearly, he doesn't need KG to get assists.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:51 PM
There's my facts. Now you come up with something other than your KG claim which has been debunked

You're one stupid mother fucker.

I ask you then, does Rondo's assists have anything to do with KG?

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:51 PM

Is this a new trolling technique? Rogue is that you?

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:52 PM
You're one stupid mother fucker.

I ask you then, does Rondo's assists have anything to do with KG?

In last years playoffs, no. He gets assists and double doubles out the ass without KG. KG doesn't make Rondo. Rondo is a badass without him.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:52 PM
At least we can all agree Rondo>>>>Fisher

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:53 PM
But you can't fault him for needing Pierce and Allen (even though it's really only Allen, I almost never see him diming Pierce). Nash needed Marion, Amare/Diaw and Bell/Joe Johnson to lead the league in assists for three straight years, no PG in the NBA can rack up assists with bad teammates except for maybe CP3.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:53 PM
:bang:bang:bang:bang

That's my point!!!!!! He still averaged 9.8 assists when KG wasn't playing, so clearly, he doesn't need KG to get assists.

I said Rondo's assist stats are inflated because he plays with Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and KG. Is this not true?

Why are you all of a sudden pinning this all on KG? We all know he didn't play in the Playoffs. But Ray Allen and Paul Pierce did.

IronMexican
11-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I'd take Parker over Rondo every single time. Both are good PG's though.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:55 PM
In last years playoffs, no. He gets assists and double doubles out the ass without KG. KG doesn't make Rondo. Rondo is a badass without him.

When did I say anything about the Playoffs? Quote me.

I said Rondo's stats are inflated because he plays with Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and KG. If he never played with KG, you guys have a point. But KG was out with a freakin' injury in the Playoffs.

Now all of a sudden, Rondo's stats only occurred in the Playoffs. But during the regular season, did Rondo get assists off KG?

I never once mentioned regular season or playoffs, you guys are trying to cherry pick because your argument is weak. :lol

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:56 PM
I said Rondo's assist stats are inflated because he plays with Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and KG. Is this not true?

Why are you all of a sudden pinning this all on KG? We all know he didn't play in the Playoffs. But Ray Allen and Paul Pierce did.

Because he OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T NEED KG TO PUT UP BIG ASSIST NUMBERS, as evidenced in last years playoffs! Every good point guard has competant teammates to pass to! You're challenged. Rondo beasted that series and outshined every player on his team. According to last years playoffs, the Celtics need Rondo every bit as much as Rondo needs his teammates.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:56 PM

So fine, you admit he'd be good without KG and with just Pierce and Allen. How is he needing Pierce and Allen any different than Parker needing Manu and Duncan?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Theyre playing right now...

Rajon: 4/9/3
Paul: 19/7/3

I'd bet my life that Rajon couldn't lead the Hornets to the playoffs.

I never said Rondo > Paul. Paul is the best PG in the NBA.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Because he OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T NEED KG TO PUT UP BIG ASSIST NUMBERS, as evidenced in last years playoffs! Every good point guard has competant teammates to pass to! You're challenged. Rondo beasted that series and outshined every player on his team. According to last years playoffs, the Celtics need Rondo every bit as much as Rondo needs his teammates.

Read the whole fucking statement.

I said Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and KG. You cherry picked an injured KG.

Was Paul Pierce there? Was Ray Allen there?

To think Rajon doesn't get assist stats off KG is plain stupid.

Weak. :lol

mavs>spurs2
When did I say anything about the Playoffs? Quote me.

I said Rondo's stats are inflated because he plays with Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and KG. If he never played with KG, you guys have a point. But KG was out with a freakin' injury in the Playoffs.

Now all of a sudden, Rondo's stats only occurred in the Playoffs. But during the regular season, did Rondo get assists off KG?

I never once mentioned regular season or playoffs, you guys are trying to cherry pick because your argument is weak. :lol

You're the one cherry picking, no thanks. Rondo doesn't need KG to rack up assists. Who cares if they played together for part of the regular season. It's irrelevant to his ability to rack up assists without him

Allanon
So fine, you admit he'd be good without KG and with just Pierce and Allen.

That's fine.

How is he needing Pierce and Allen any different than Parker needing Manu and Duncan?

No different.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Read the whole fucking statement.

I said Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and KG. You cherry picked an injured KG.

Was Paul Pierce there? Was Ray Allen there?

Weak. :lol

Peace brah. Too much retarded is giving me a headache :dizzy

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 07:59 PM

I never said he didn't get assists off KG, I said he didn't need to, as in if it wasn't KG, Rondo could just as easily be diming with another PF who isn't as good as KG.

Allanon
11-01-2009, 08:00 PM
You're the one cherry picking, no thanks. Rondo doesn't need KG to rack up assists. Who cares if they played together for part of the regular season. It's irrelevant to his ability to rack up assists without him

I ain't cherry picking shit. I said "Rajaon stats are inflated because he plays with Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and KG."

All of a sudden your weak ass cherry-picks an injured KG and leaves out the other two. :lol

Allanon
11-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I never said he didn't get assists off KG, I said he didn't need to, as in if it wasn't KG, Rondo could just as easily be diming with another PF who isn't as good as KG.

That's fine. As long as we realize he also had Ray Allen + Paul Pierce. As in my original statement. And when KG wasn't injured, he also benefited.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
I'd bet my life that Rajon couldn't lead the Bulls to the playoffs.

I'd take Rose over him.

Walt Kowalski
11-01-2009, 08:05 PM
What the hell you spooks doing?

mystargtr34
11-01-2009, 08:30 PM

No, just because I don't hold your beloved Tony Parker in such high regard as spur fan doesn't make it dumb. Basketball is played on both sides of the ball and Rondo is a badass defender, as well is a good slasher and passer. He >> TP in everything other than scoring. Rebounding, defense, passing, all by a long shot. Flame on if you want to

So, Rondo = Parker because Rondo's ungodly defense makes up for the rest of Parker' superior game... but then you go ahead and put Rose above Parker despite Rose being worse than Parker on that end of the floor, and Parker being the superior offensive player.

1. Paul
2. Williams
3. Parker

Daylight

4. The rest.

DPG21920
11-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Anyone who says Rondo>Parker is dumb. You might say Rondo plays better defense than Parker or there can be certain parts of his game that are better than Parker's, but overall, it is not even close.

LMAO at saying you win an argument when Spurs fans bring up rings. That is like me saying you know when you have won an argument when another fan has to say "knobslobing" just because they say someone on their team is better, when they clearly are.

Trophies are not the only thing to look at, but when one has a finals MVP when he was playing with Duncan, that is something to at least take note of. It is clear that TP is better than Rondo, and that has nothing to do with being a Spurs fan. It is very clear.

Lars
11-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Anyone who says Rondo>Parker is dumb. You might say Rondo plays better defense than Parker or there can be certain parts of his game that are better than Parker's, but overall, it is not even close.

LMAO at saying you win an argument when Spurs fans bring up rings. That is like me saying you know when you have won an argument when another fan has to say "knobslobing" just because they say someone on their team is better, when they clearly are.

Trophies are not the only thing to look at, but when one has a finals MVP when he was playing with Duncan, that is something to at least take note of. It is clear that TP is better than Rondo, and that has nothing to do with being a Spurs fan. It is very clear.

While I agree atm Parker is better than Rondo, I think it is closer than some might believe. Parker is clearly the better offensive player, but virtually a no show on defense. Offensive statistics are easy to quantify, yet defensive impact is far more difficult to measure.

This is abundantly clear when you have a guy like Battier on your team and you constantly have to argue with idiots on clutchfans as to why he is an integral piece despite being a below average offensive player. But I digress....

The question becomes: is Rondo's O + D > Parker's O + D. The answer is almost impossible to answer. But a pure statistician might argue that since both Boston and San Antonio have tons of offensive weapons, the player who brings more to the table in versatility is trully the more the valuable player. A counter arguement can be made however that when a team faces a lot of injuries, such as the Spurs last year, the player who can step in and fill that void in scoring is the more valuable player. So I think it is fair to make a case for both players.

And the ring arguement is just silly. Teams win rings, not players. Anyone who tries to use that criteria when rating the quality of a player does not make a good case, because of all the other variables in winning a championship.

DPG21920
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Being an MVP is also attributed to teammates as well, but that can be used as a metric. Trophies are not the end all be all, but to ignore the finals MVP is foolish.

Also, saying TP's defense is non-existent shows you do not pay close enough attention. His defense is far from bad. He is not great, but certainly he is a better defensive player than you lead people to believe.

In fact, when TP is focused, I would say his defense is closer to Rondo's defense than Rondo's offense is to Tony's.

redzero
11-01-2009, 09:23 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62510/20091101/paul_has_to_be_restrained_from_entering_bostons_lo cker_room/

Paul Has To Be Restrained From Entering Boston's Locker Room (http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62510/20091101/paul_has_to_be_restrained_from_entering_bostons_lo cker_room/)

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Paul_Chris_noh.jpg

Hornets point guard Chris Paul had to be held back after Sunday's loss to the Celtics when he tried to enter Boston's locker room.
Paul and Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo both received technical fouls after exchanging words in the second quarter.
Boston won 97-87, while Paul posted 22 points and eight assists.

Does anybody like Rajon Rondo? That boy has delusions of grandeur.

Goran Dragic
11-01-2009, 09:23 PM
To ignore averaging triple double in the playoffs is also pretty foolish.

DPG21920
11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
To ignore averaging triple double in the playoffs is also pretty foolish.

lol at you talking.

No one is ignoring it. No one says Rondo sucks. He is a very good pg. Not better than Parker.

mystargtr34
11-01-2009, 09:31 PM
While I agree atm Parker is better than Rondo, I think it is closer than some might believe. Parker is clearly the better offensive player, but virtually a no show on defense. Offensive statistics are easy to quantify, yet defensive impact is far more difficult to measure.

This is abundantly clear when you have a guy like Battier on your team and you constantly have to argue with idiots on clutchfans as to why he is an integral piece despite being a below average offensive player. But I digress....

The question becomes: is Rondo's O + D > Parker's O + D. The answer is almost impossible to answer. But a pure statistician might argue that since both Boston and San Antonio have tons of offensive weapons, the player who brings more to the table in versatility is trully the more the valuable player. A counter arguement can be made however that when a team faces a lot of injuries, such as the Spurs last year, the player who can step in and fill that void in scoring is the more valuable player. So I think it is fair to make a case for both players.

And the ring arguement is just silly. Teams win rings, not players. Anyone who tries to use that criteria when rating the quality of a player does not make a good case, because of all the other variables in winning a championship.

Of course it counts, but it isnt always the defining factor like people make it out to be. But being the best player in an NBA Finals is massive, you dont just discount that...

Also a pretty big difference between Rondo and Parker is that opposing coaches gameplan for Tony Parker. Anytime you play the Spurs, Objective #1 is limit Parker's penetration and paint scoring...

What about the argument that Rondo = Williams, or compare Rondo to Paul because his defense is so superior?... Paul and Williams are no better defenders than Parker... in fact i would say Parker has much more of a defensive mentality instilled in him than either of those two given his career coach/team philosphy. He has the lateral quickness, good size and mentality to be a decent defender, and he actually is 'decent', so im not sure where all this Tony Parker = Steve Nash on defense has come from? Is it the new way to discount TP. Two years ago it was no jumpshot or hasnt done it in the playoffs... Now that he has a mid range game and is a 25-8 playoff guy...its time for somthing new...

LnGrrrR
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
I think Parker is definitely betterthan Rondo, but he's also been in the league longer. Rondo is showing a lot of promise, and if he works on his mid jumper he could really be a perennial all-star.

mystargtr34
11-01-2009, 09:35 PM
I think Parker is definitely betterthan Rondo, but he's also been in the league longer. Rondo is showing a lot of promise, and if he works on his mid jumper he could really be a perennial all-star.

Of course, he has potential to be an All-Star...

But right now, i cant see how anyone can say he is Parker's equal.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Rajon Rondo +23.33
Tony Parker +17.33

Sometimes you have to look past the flashy scores and see who has the most impact on games from a total standpoint, including offense, defense, and intangibles. Rondo has a bigger impact on games OVERALL. What he lacks in scoring he makes up for in every other aspect of basketball including his tenacity.

LnGrrrR
11-01-2009, 10:16 PM
How old was GP when Parker played him? IIRC, it was on the downswing of his career. (could be wrong about that though)

mystargtr34
11-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Rajon Rondo +23.33
Tony Parker +17.33

Sometimes you have to look past the flashy scores and see who has the most impact on games from a total standpoint, including offense, defense, and intangibles. Rondo has a bigger impact on games OVERALL. What he lacks in scoring he makes up for in every other aspect of basketball including his tenacity.

WTF are these numbers?

DPG21920
11-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Rajon Rondo +23.33
Tony Parker +17.33

So Jermaine Oneal (+29) is better than Lebron (+28) and has more impact?

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 10:22 PM
WTF are these numbers?

efficiency so far this season. i know the season is young, but the point is rondo has a major impact on games obviously in ways some of you can't see. it's like it's sailing right over your heads

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 10:23 PM
So Jermaine Oneal (+29) is better than Lebron (+28) and has more impact?

no, but jermaine o'neals won't last, he'll come back down to earth. the other guys are right at about where they usually stand

DPG21920
11-01-2009, 10:28 PM
no, but jermaine o'neals won't last, he'll come back down to earth. the other guys are right at about where they usually stand

TP was +23.4 last year

DPG21920
11-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Not too mention, TP is in MVP talks. He received votes. Rondo, not so much.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 10:35 PM
TP was +23.4 last year

Parker is a damn good player. I'm just doing my best to sway the pendulum in the other direction, because honestly it's a lot closer than most think. I want people to see that. Rondo is a hell of a player and very underrated. By the way, Parker is my favorite spur FWIW

DPG21920
11-01-2009, 10:36 PM
I like Rondo, but to me this is like comparing Pau to Dirk.

mystargtr34
11-01-2009, 10:49 PM

Lol more like Marcus Camby to Dirk

Pau is a legit star.

mavs>spurs2
11-01-2009, 10:50 PM

Lol Dirk and Pau are actually not that far apart either. Pau is a damn good player, I'd say Dirk is a 1.5 and Pau is a 2nd option kind of guy. So I guess your analogy works :tu

Allanon
11-01-2009, 10:54 PM

Are you high DPG? :lol

Rondo's nowhere that close.

DPG21920
11-01-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't think Pau is that close to Dirk either, so maybe it came off wrong based on people's opinions of Pau.

Pau and Rondo are both fine players, but in these comparisons in my mind, I think Dirk and TP are clear cuts.

Finperro
11-01-2009, 11:23 PM
I don't think Pau is that close to Dirk either, so maybe it came off wrong based on people's opinions of Pau.

Pau and Rondo are both fine players, but in these comparisons in my mind, I think Dirk and TP are clear cuts.
Pau is just poor at leading his team, in terms of which Dirk is way better than him but there's little element to exaggerate differences between the individuals. Dirk's able to score from the arc, which is probably Dirk's only advantage over Pau at offensive end, while Pau is more of a threat at low post than Dirk is. Plus, by any means Pau isn't weaker than Dirk in defense if not better either.

It's heart-breaking to see some Mavs fans are actually Dirk luvas, and such an illness will spread all over our fanbase if no cure or vaccine is invented in time.

mystargtr34
11-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Pau is just poor at leading his team, in terms of which Dirk is way better than him but there's little element to exaggerate differences between the individuals. Dirk's able to score from the arc, which is probably Dirk's only advantage over Pau at offensive end, while Pau is more of a threat at low post than Dirk is. Plus, by any means Pau isn't weaker than Dirk in defense if not better either.

It's heart-breaking to see some Mavs fans are actually Dirk luvas, and such an illness will spread all over our fanbase if no cure or vaccine is invented in time.

I would say Pau is definately a better defender than Dirk - because he provides length/shot blocking at the rim.

Dirk is the better overall player though.

mojorizen7
11-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Too bad we already drafted him but he's not here.
Too bad we extended the anti-Rondo-type-PG for 3 more years.

Danny.Zhu
11-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Celtics give Rondo $55 million extension

Yahoo

mogrovejo
11-02-2009, 11:03 AM

You and Lakaluva are easily the worst talent evaluators I've ever met in decades of talking and reading about basketball.

This "He plays with 3 HoFers crap" needs to stop. If Pierce, Ray Allen and Garnett were at their peak, maybe you could have a point. But especially considering the last third + playoffs of the last season, where he actually stepped up, your argument is simply retarded.

Rondo's supporting cast was basically an ageing Pierce (who most of the times creates his own shot), an old Ray Allen who is arguably out of the top-10 players at his position, a backup 4th big in Glen Davis, a defensive minded role-player in Perkins, a 8th man in House and a 11th man in Scalabrine.

Are you saying this is a great supporting cast? Really? This is the kind of teammates that inflate the stats of a point-guard? An All-Star, a fringe All-Star, a decent role-player and a couple of scrub?

Is your hate and stupidity so big that you pretend to convince us that Pierce, Allen, Big Baby, House, Perkins and Scalabrine is the best supporting cast a point-guard in the league may have?

One could argue that considering the existence of primitive cluelless fans who overrate scoring like Allanon and Lakaluva, Rondo's playing in a strict distributor role hurts his value on the public eye. When the Celtics needed his scoring, he stepped up.

kace
11-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Celtics give Rondo $55 million extension

Yahoo

yep.

With new pact, Rondo gains elite status:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?id=4616123

EDIT: didn't see the thread about it.

mavs>spurs2
11-02-2009, 02:20 PM
You and Lakaluva are easily the worst talent evaluators I've ever met in decades of talking and reading about basketball.

This

Allanon
11-02-2009, 02:22 PM
This

Yeah, I noticed you were too chicken shit to take up my Marc Gasol bet the other day. Alot of talk but no conviction. Afraid you're going to lose to me?

So what's up, bitch? You going to take 15 points and under on Marc Gasol this season? Or are you going to continue hiding out?

You lose, your title on the left says "I'm Allanon's bitch" for 1 full year. You win and I'll put whatever you want in my title line on the left for 1 full year.

Don't be scurred.