PDA

View Full Version : Who are the regulars in IR?

ceperez
10-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Okay, would like to know your opinion on who's going to be suiting up in street clothes for most of the season.

My best guess:

(1) Bogans - Likely going to eat up time for guys like Mason which would be a bad precedent.
(2) Hairston - Still prone to errors, but a good player to relieve aging veterans in a back to back.
(3) Ratliff - Will need to manage his minutes so he can still be standing come playoff time.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-27-2009, 06:05 AM
1. Haislip - not an NBA player right now
2. Hairston - still too young, might spend some time in Austin again
3. Mahinmi - Has to move over Bonner or Blair to get significant minutes, doubtful

Mel_13
10-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Okay, would like to know your opinion on who's going to be suiting up in street clothes for most of the season.

My best guess:

My opinion is that your threadstarting privileges should be curtailed until your best guesses get much better.

Riverwalkman
10-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Very simple:
Ian Mahinmi-not in NBA level
Marcus Haislip-not in NBA level
Malik Hairston-can't beat Finley

FromWayDowntown
10-27-2009, 07:00 AM
1. Tim Duncan -- let's face it, the guy is old and can't stand up to the pounding of a regular season

2. Tony Parker -- after his stint with the French National Team and with the Spurs' history of injury to guys who play internationally, this is a no brainer

3. Richard Jefferson -- the worst thing that could happen for the Spurs is for the centerpiece of a difference-making trade to get hurt and the easiest way to ensure that he's not hurt is to keep him on the inactive list.

:pop:

AussieFanKurt
10-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Its a hard one
The only player I dont really want to see playing quite yet is Haislip and Ian and maybe Bogans too. But I know Malik will probably be in street clothes a bit

exstatic
10-27-2009, 07:33 AM
3. Mahinmi - Has to move over Bonner or Blair to get significant minutes, doubtful

That. If Hairston is even kept, these three will each see 50-60 games in suits.

MaNu4Tres
10-27-2009, 07:54 AM
, these three will each see 50-60 games in suits.

Don't tell Bruno that.

benefactor
10-27-2009, 09:15 AM
My opinion is that your threadstarting privileges should be curtailed until your best guesses get much better.
You caught that it was another Bogans hate thread to, huh?

Dex
10-27-2009, 09:15 AM
The Spurs' projected inactives for Wednesday's regular season opener against the Hornets are forward-center Ian Mahinmi, forward Marcus Haislip and Hairston.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137599

hater
10-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Ian hairston hailsip

mazerrackham
10-27-2009, 10:15 AM

Actually, I think Bogans will start on IR at the beginning. While they may not decide to keep Hairston indefinitely, they've decided to have his contract contribute towards the luxury tax for now so I think they give him a shot in the early going...

Edit: noticed that the question was for most of the season, not for the early part of the season. Hairston is more likely fits into that category...

lennyalderette
10-27-2009, 10:35 AM
hairston,ratliff,mahinmi

ulosturedge
10-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Actually, I think Bogans will start on IR at the beginning. While they may not decide to keep Hairston indefinitely, they've decided to have his contract contribute towards the luxury tax for now so I think they give him a shot in the early going...

Edit: noticed that the question was for most of the season, not for the early part of the season. Hairston is more likely fits into that category...

Well they already pretty much said he will be in street clothes for the opening game. If they will take that early of a look with him then his job is hardly safe. I don't think thats the case though. Bogans will play until they see reasons to deactivate him and give hairston a shot. Or he will be there if anyone happens to get injured(God forbid). Either way it seems like they are really impressed with Hairston. I bet he has done really well in practice as well. I think he will get plenty of shots to stick around if indeed there is a chance he still could be waived.

UnWantedTheory
10-27-2009, 12:52 PM

My best guess:

(1) Bogans - Likely going to eat up time for guys like Mason which would be a bad precedent.
(2) Hairston - Still prone to errors, but a good player to relieve aging veterans in a back to back.
(3) Ratliff - Will need to manage his minutes so he can still be standing come playoff time.

Nope Nope

UnWantedTheory
10-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Very simple:
Ian Mahinmi-not in NBA level
Marcus Haislip-not in NBA level
Malik Hairston-can't beat Finley

Yup Yup

Chomag
10-27-2009, 01:11 PM
At this stage in Bogan's and Finely's career. I think Hairston is the better player.

Spurs Brazil
10-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Mahinmi
Haslip
Malik

EricB
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
At this stage in Bogan's and Finely's career. I think Hairston is the better player.

You'd be wrong.

benefactor
11-10-2009, 06:20 AM

My best guess:

Bump...rofl

exstatic
11-10-2009, 08:01 AM
ceperez must be shitting himself. Not only is Bogans NOT in the inactive list, he's starting.