PDA

View Full Version : Take the #2 and rest

HB22inSA
04-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Phoenix up big on Sac-town tonight.

Spurs have the 2nd seed wrapped, so Pop should rest his guys the last two games.

exstatic
04-16-2005, 10:36 PM
They rested guys tonight. Bowen and Parker were the top two minute eaters at 35 and 29. Tim needs some playing time to get into playoff shape.

HB22inSA
04-16-2005, 10:39 PM
I agree. Don't sit them out completely, but they shouldn't play anyone over 25-30 minutes.

Ginobili could sit out the last game, though, IMO.

laker_resurrection
04-16-2005, 10:49 PM
well Pop sits them down cause they don't know how to play.Example:Sean Marks

Tek_XX
04-16-2005, 11:59 PM
If they win tommorow, everyone sits against minnesota

grjr
04-17-2005, 02:53 AM
I think as long as we're ahead of Miami then we'll have home court throughout because we won't be playing Phoenix.

HB22inSA
04-17-2005, 02:58 AM
I think as long as we're ahead of Miami then we'll have home court throughout because we won't be playing Phoenix.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Quote: Take the #2 and rest

You know, after I have some cofee, I think I will.

MadDog73
04-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Quote: Take the #2 and rest

You know, after I have some cofee, I think I will.

TMI! :lol

I agree, especially about Manu. Still, as last night proved, you can rest people and still win.

The number 1 spot looks almost impossible to get now, BUT think of this scenario: PHX loses next one, T-wolves lose today to a Seattle who wants homecourt in the 1st round.*

Then you still have a chance on Wed., and who knows? Maybe because the Wolves are out, they rest all their players too. A long shot...

*How crazy is it to be the Number 3 seed and not be guaranteed Homecourt in at least the first round? I'm totally buying this theory that the Number 3 seed is actually weaker than 4 or 5.

pjjrfan
04-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Damn, Memphis isn't gonna like it if we sit out our guys against Minne, and Minne will hate us if we sit out guys on Monday and let the Grizz get a win. But you know, what the hell, it must feel great to be able to have the Wolve's future in their hands. Pop gotta be loving it, if you win you win, if you lose you win. Either team will be a tough match-up for the Suns, as will the 7th seed against the Spurs, but being able to send the Wolves home should mean something, I love Garnetts game, but I would really love to see him sitting next to Barkley and Kenny come playoff time.

MadDog73
04-17-2005, 08:44 AM
OK, who would people rather see in the WCF:

The Suns or the T-wolves?

bigbendbruisebrother
04-17-2005, 09:06 AM
OK, who would people rather see in the WCF:

The Suns or the T-wolves?

I like seeing minny implode, and if they make it that far, maybe they'd reach some kind of "can't we all just get along" mantra. Besides, they might make it into the playoffs, but they've got no chemistry or soul, and they'll get knocked out in the first round.

Minny ain't going nowhere.

MadDog73
04-17-2005, 09:21 AM
I don't know, it'd be cool to see PHX knocked out by an inspired T-Wolves team in the 1st Round. But, you're probably right, it won't happen.

td4mvp21
04-17-2005, 10:38 AM
I want us to at least get 60 wins. That would make up for all the injuries and such because we were on pace for 65.

exstatic
04-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Looks almost academic at this point. Suns are up two games with two games left. They need to drop both and SA would have to win both to take #1 from them.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Second seed seems like a blessing in disguise. Phoenix plays Dallas in the second round if they make it that far, and they may not be able to beat the Mavs. Denver's a pretty good tune-up, and if you can't beat them then you wouldn't have beaten Dallas or Miami anyway.

Brodels
04-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Duncan needs to play some minutes with Manu and Parker on the floor. The offense is suddenly different now that Duncan is back. It's going to take some time to adjust, and Pop needs to give them all 30 minutes or more. Don't play them in the fourth if the game is a blowout, but don't underestimate the need for Tim to get his timing back and everyone to get re-acquainted with what the team wants to do offensively.

exstatic
04-17-2005, 12:45 PM
The offense is suddenly different now that Duncan is back.

Different, yes, but the BIGGEST difference is the defense. The Grizz shot 33% last night, and it's been a while since SA has put the defensive beatdown on anyone like that. The rest of the Spurs have proven that they can score without Tim on the floor. I think Tim's biggest adjustment will be on defense, as he seemed a bit slow on the help and on rotations. Nazr and Horry were huge last night. The offense will take care of itself.

MadDog73
04-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Second seed seems like a blessing in disguise. Phoenix plays Dallas in the second round if they make it that far, and they may not be able to beat the Mavs. Denver's a pretty good tune-up, and if you can't beat them then you wouldn't have beaten Dallas or Miami anyway.

Agreed, except that the Rockets (5th seed right now) could beat the Mavs.

Just saying. Either way, Suns have a tough 2nd rd. opponent.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2005, 01:03 PM
You got that right. And they should all be great to watch, too. Very few boring matchups this year.

MadDog73
04-17-2005, 01:08 PM
I really hope the Cavs make it in. Even watching the Cavs and the Heat will be fun!