PDA

View Full Version : Lets Get Ready To Rumble

Strokin3's
10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
I am excited that tonight is the night that the games start to count in the NBA. I am a true red, white and blue Pistons fan, but I am a realist. I understand that my Pistons are in transition mode and not legitimate contenders to bring home the ring. That brings me to my 2nd favorite team, yes your San Antonio Spurs. I like the Spurs chances to dethrone the Lakers and love the fact that most people are overlooking them much the same as everyone overlooked the 2004 NBA Champion Detroit Pistons. If the Spurs can stay healthy they will shock the world IMO. Go Pistons, Go Spurs :lobt2:

in2deep
10-27-2009, 04:28 PM
I am excited that tonight is the night that the games start to count in the NBA. I am a true red, white and blue Pistons fan, but I am a realist. I understand that my Pistons are in transition mode and not legitimate contenders to bring home the ring. That brings me to my 2nd favorite team, yes your San Antonio Spurs. I like the Spurs chances to dethrone the Lakers and love the fact that most people are overlooking them much the same as everyone overlooked the 2004 NBA Champion Detroit Pistons. If the Spurs can stay healthy they will shock the world IMO. Go Pistons, Go Spurs :lobt2:
interesting. I can see the resemblance when Pistons got Sheed it was big news but it was also quiet, noone imagined that would be the move to put them over the top. Especially since the lakers got Malone and Payton. Then they came out of nowhere and stole that shit from the fakers!

:lobt2:

I am curious to know how long after they got Sheed did the Pistons start looking like real contenders to you? weeks? months? or it just happend in the playoffs?

urunobili
10-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Classy post from a classy piston fan :tu

Strokin3's
10-28-2009, 08:04 AM
interesting. I can see the resemblance when Pistons got Sheed it was big news but it was also quiet, noone imagined that would be the move to put them over the top. Especially since the lakers got Malone and Payton. Then they came out of nowhere and stole that shit from the fakers!

:lobt2:

I am curious to know how long after they got Sheed did the Pistons start looking like real contenders to you? weeks? months? or it just happend in the playoffs?

The Pistons were a very tough, grind it out team before getting Sheed. Once Sheed was on board he teamed up with Wallace to provide an extermely solid defense, but Sheed brought the ability to score in crunch time as well. I am not sure the exact number of games it took for the team to gel, but I remember then smothering opposing teams forcing many games in the 70's low 80's in scoring by their opponents. I think the Spurs have the ability with the addition of Jefferson and San Antonio McDyess to be a very suprising defensive unit as well. Let everyone sleep on the Spurs, it will only work to the Spur's advantage. True basketball fans understand that the Spurs have a real chance to be a very special team given good health. Go Pistons!! Go Spurs!!

BRHornet45
10-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Lmao!!!!

Strokin3's
10-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Lmao!!!!

LMAO at your Hornets getting thier Arse kicked by the Spurs.