PDA

View Full Version : Home from the hospital with firstborn!

LnGrrrR
10-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey guys!

I know I don't share too much of my personal life here, but I want the world to know this one :)

Devin Michael Langer was born on 0528 hrs, October 25th, 2009, healthy and big! 8 lbs, 6 ozs, and 20 inches long.

PM5K
10-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Shit I'm almost thirty and I'm not even 20 inches long.....

:wow

duncan228
10-27-2009, 07:52 PM
http://boorama.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/new-baby-boy-teddy-bear-balloon-bou1.jpg

ashbeeigh
10-27-2009, 07:54 PM
sweet! Congratulations!

LnGrrrR
10-27-2009, 07:56 PM
http://boorama.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/new-baby-boy-teddy-bear-balloon-bou1.jpg

:lol

Thanks for the balloons Duncan! :D

nkdlunch
10-27-2009, 08:44 PM
congrats. mine is coming for chrismass

Soul_Patch
10-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Congratulations bro. It is such an awesome thing...but i definately dont miss that first month or so of sleepless nights.

Taco
10-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Very very cool! CONGRATS!!!

Thanks for sharing in your joy!

LnGrrrR
10-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Congratulations bro. It is such an awesome thing...but i definately dont miss that first month or so of sleepless nights.

Hehe, thankfully, the in-laws are here from San Antonio for a week, and two weeks from now, we'll be visiting my family, so we'll have help.

Also, the Air Force has paternity leave now; 10 days. Then after the ten days, I'm going to take three weeks for the trip and to take care of my wife. (She's fine, no c-section, but a little tore up and sore :)

Crookshanks
10-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Congratulations! My 2nd son just became a father for the first time back on August 11th. I was there and it was so touching to see him hold his son for the first time.

I wish you, your wife, and that new bundle of joy many, many happy years!

mrsmaalox
10-27-2009, 10:05 PM
http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_430xN.22709308.jpg

Frenzy
10-27-2009, 10:08 PM
congrats.

your prepared....but are you ready? hahaha...no no one ever is.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Congratulations! :tu

mouse
10-27-2009, 10:26 PM
You still support Evolution?

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Congratulations, though I hope your kid doesn't inherit your lousy taste in basketball teams.

LnGrrrR
10-27-2009, 10:41 PM
You still support Evolution?

:lol Yes.

Doesn't take away from how amazing life is, to me. :)

LnGrrrR
10-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Congratulations, though I hope your kid doesn't inherit your lousy taste in basketball teams.

That was my one big fear, that I'd end up getting stationed somewhere like LA and he'd end up rooting for the Lakers or some non-Boston team. But I'm getting stationed in Hawaii, where there are no pro-teams, so I should have plenty of time to indoctrinate him in all things obnoxious. I mean, Bostonian. :lol

xellos88330
10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Congratulations!!! Make sure you tell the in-laws how much you appreciate their help. It can be pretty tough at the start.

xellos88330
10-27-2009, 10:45 PM
That was my one big fear, that I'd end up getting stationed somewhere like LA and he'd end up rooting for the Lakers or some non-Boston team. But I'm getting stationed in Hawaii, where there are no pro-teams, so I should have plenty of time to indoctrinate him in all things obnoxious. I mean, Bostonian. :lol

AF stationed in Hawaii? What base? AFSC???

LnGrrrR
10-27-2009, 10:56 PM
AF stationed in Hawaii? What base? AFSC???

Hickam, 3C271. Going to the NOSC :) Why?

Solid D
10-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey guys!

I know I don't share too much of my personal life here, but I want the world to know this one :)

Devin Michael Langer was born on 0528 hrs, October 25th, 2009, healthy and big! 8 lbs, 6 ozs, and 20 inches long.

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you're very proud and super happy. I hope your wife is doing well, also.

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Congrats!
I was 8 pound 6 too i think

Stringer_Bell
10-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Firstborn? As in you plan on making more? o.O

Haha, congratulations and enjoy the fruits of labor! :toast

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 01:58 AM
Hickam, 3C271. Going to the NOSC :) Why?

I completely forgot about Hickam. I remember Hickam as only an Army Air base. I watch too much history channel.

My father was in a comm squadron too. I should have picked an AFSC more transitional to the civilian workforce. Now, I am better qualified to be a terrorist than anything else lol.

The Franchise
10-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Congratulations!! :toast

sonic21
10-28-2009, 03:29 AM
congrats!

ginobili's bald spot
10-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Congrats brah. On the kid and the win over the cavs. :toast

Bukefal
10-28-2009, 05:13 AM
Congratulations mate!!!

FromWayDowntown
10-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Congratulations!

JoeChalupa
10-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Congrats!!! :tu

LnGrrrR
10-28-2009, 08:52 AM
I completely forgot about Hickam. I remember Hickam as only an Army Air base. I watch too much history channel.

My father was in a comm squadron too. I should have picked an AFSC more transitional to the civilian workforce. Now, I am better qualified to be a terrorist than anything else lol.

EOD? :lol

clambake
10-28-2009, 10:11 AM
i'm happy for ya.

Soul_Patch
10-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Hehe, thankfully, the in-laws are here from San Antonio for a week, and two weeks from now, we'll be visiting my family, so we'll have help.

Also, the Air Force has paternity leave now; 10 days. Then after the ten days, I'm going to take three weeks for the trip and to take care of my wife. (She's fine, no c-section, but a little tore up and sore :)

That is great. I was pretty much back to work about 2 days after.

angel_luv
10-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Hey guys!

Congratulations on your blessing! I am very happy for you! :)

marini martini
10-28-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm so happy for you and your family!!! Congratulations!

AmericanPsycho
10-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Good luck.

I. Hustle
10-28-2009, 01:31 PM
We are expecting another kiddo in April.

RandomGuy
10-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey guys!

Welcome to the "Oh shit what do I do now" club.

Congrats and I wish you wisdom and patience for the next 18+ years.

Here's hoping you do a great job with the awesome responsibility! :toast

IceColdBrewski
10-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Your needs will no longer be important. Get used to it.

Sleep is just a luxury now. Get used to walking around like a zombie.

If you walk into the room and see Wifey crying, just back out of the room slowly.

Get a Costco/Sams Club membership for diapers and wipes.

If you want any action after the 6 week ban is lifted, you'll get up in the middle of the night and help as much as possible.

manustarting2gd
10-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Your needs will no longer be important. Get used to it.

Sleep is just a luxury now. Get used to walking around like a zombie.

If you walk into the room and see Wifey crying, just back out of the room slowly.

Get a Costco/Sams Club membership for diapers and wipes.

If you want any action after the 6 week ban is lifted, you'll get up in the middle of the night and help as much as possible.

AMEN BROTHA. .. my angel is going to be 1 on Nov 1st...

I. Hustle
10-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah dude, you need to be the first one up in the middle of the night when that baby is crying. It sucks at first but you get used to it and it helps in the long run.

LnGrrrR
10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for all the advice! In response, yeah, I pretty much know that my needs are non-existent now :) But it hasn't "hit" me yet. I was used to five and six hours of sleep, but the waking up in the middle of the night multiple times thing sucks :lol

Got a Sam's club membership already, and already trying to help my wife as much as possible. Devin has trouble latching sometimes, and so it can be a trial at times to get him fed, but we both do our best to calm and guide him.

LnGrrrR
10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
In fact, I don't know how someone CAN'T get up. Whenever I hear him squeal I'm usually popping out of bed like it's basic training and I just heard reveille.

manustarting2gd
10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
In fact, I don't know how someone CAN'T get up. Whenever I hear him squeal I'm usually popping out of bed like it's basic training and I just heard reveille.

Exactly.. you inherit that innate ability as a father almost instantly...

mouse
10-28-2009, 10:40 PM
:lol Yes.

Doesn't take away from how amazing life is, to me. :)

So are you saying your child evolved and didn't have a creator?

Didn't you and your female get together to create your child?

marini martini
10-28-2009, 10:46 PM

No!!! They got together to fck like bunnies!!!!:toast The "child" is their icing on the cake!!!!!:tu

:lmao:lmao:lmao

bigzak25
10-28-2009, 10:47 PM
congrats! :toast

jcrod
10-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Congrats fatherhood is awesome, enjoy the ride.

LnGrrrR
10-29-2009, 03:02 AM

Hate to be a dick and all, but can we leave the arguing in another thread? :D Thanks.

mouse
10-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Hate to be a dick and all, but can we leave the arguing in another thread? :D Thanks.

Sorry to ruin your "hey everyone pat me on the back I had unprotected sex" topic.
Just because someone ask you a question that you feel you the need to dodge and not answer, is not arguing.
But since your going to pull out the Bill Mahr new rules card on how we should conduct ourselves on the www I hope you follow your own advise and think about how many topics you took a hot steamy shit on.

But I know where your coming from brah, you want to live a double life, act like a big shit Evolutionist in the politics forum and want to seem like a creationist in the club its all good hommie! your secret is safe with me. :lmao

desflood
10-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Congratulations! There's nothing quite like it :lol

blizz
10-29-2009, 09:23 AM
congrats...my daughter will be 2 in feb and i'm loving this. i actually miss those first few weeks/months. it was fun. i missed some of the first few days because in the hospital i came down with the flu so they made me leave. my wife stayed another 2 days. once she came home i had to sleep on a mattress on the dining room floor. i had to wear a mask over my nose and mouth and wasn't able to hold her much or kiss her for about a week or so. i can't wait for another one. we would be trying right now if it wasn't for the fact that we have a big trip planned in april and that might complicate things just a bit. good luck and make sure you buy plenty of pacifiers, those things get lost so easily and get one of those straps that you clip on to their shirt so when it falls out it doesn't hit the floor otherwise you'll be cleaning it off by putting it in your mouth and that's not fun.

mrsmaalox
10-29-2009, 11:10 AM
congrats...my daughter will be 2 in feb and i'm loving this. i actually miss those first few weeks/months. it was fun. i missed some of the first few days because in the hospital i came down with the flu so they made me leave. my wife stayed another 2 days. once she came home i had to sleep on a mattress on the dining room floor. i had to wear a mask over my nose and mouth and wasn't able to hold her much or kiss her for about a week or so. i can't wait for another one. we would be trying right now if it wasn't for the fact that we have a big trip planned in april and that might complicate things just a bit. good luck and make sure you buy plenty of pacifiers, those things get lost so easily and get one of those straps that you clip on to their shirt so when it falls out it doesn't hit the floor otherwise you'll be cleaning it off by putting it in your mouth and that's not fun.

And it's not necessarily cleaning it either ;)

mrose31
10-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Congrats, I was wondering if you had had your baby yet because I think our wives had the same due date. My daughter came a little early she was born oct 14. I have not slept for more than 4 hours straight since then. I am so tired. This is my second one so I kind of knew what to expect but it is still extremly difficult and this one seems to eat a lot more often. My first daugter would sleep for 4 hours all the time this one seems to eat about every 2-3 hours.

LnGrrrR
10-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Sorry to ruin your "hey everyone pat me on the back I had unprotected sex" topic.
Just because someone ask you a question that you feel you the need to dodge and not answer, is not arguing.
But since your going to pull out the Bill Mahr new rules card on how we should conduct ourselves on the www I hope you follow your own advise and think about how many topics you took a hot steamy shit on.

But I know where your coming from brah, you want to live a double life, act like a big shit Evolutionist in the politics forum and want to seem like a creationist in the club its all good hommie! your secret is safe with me. :lmao

I believe in evolution. You are a fucking moron :)

There ya go :lol

LnGrrrR
10-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Good idea about the pacifier on a cord... I'll have to get one of those. My wife and I already determined we should probably buy a rocking chair too.

The little guy is killing us at night... we're trying to keep him awake a little this morning, to see if it helps. Last night he wanted to be fed at 12:30, 1:30, 3:30, 5:30.... :lol

The Gemini Method
10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Congrats, LnGrrrR!

mrose31
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Good idea about the pacifier on a cord... I'll have to get one of those. My wife and I already determined we should probably buy a rocking chair too.

The little guy is killing us at night... we're trying to keep him awake a little this morning, to see if it helps. Last night he wanted to be fed at 12:30, 1:30, 3:30, 5:30.... :lol

You definately need the rocking chair it is great especially for me because my wife is breast feeding so she has a hard time getting my daughter to go to sleep cause she just wants to eat with her. But I use the rocking chair laying her on my chest and she quickly falls asleep as long as she is not too hungry. You might also really want a swing it worked really well for my first daughter and kind of works with my new daughter. Good luck and remember for some reason kids always seem to be have hunger fits at night and later on when they start getting sick it will always for some reason be at night or on weekends.

DarkReign
10-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Grats, LnG.

Alex Jones
10-29-2009, 03:31 PM
I believe in evolution. You are a fucking moron

oxymoron

mouse
10-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I believe in evolution. You are a fucking moron :)

There ya go :lol

Is there really a need to go there? I was asking a legit question, after all you have a 20 page topic in the politics forum trying to shove Evolution down our throats, and then you come to the club to show off one of Gods creations?

You don't see the irony? This may be the best self ownage since Buddy Holly got busted stealing Slomo's photos and said they were his on an NSync forum of all places.

And if the irony is not thick enough you have the nerve to post this in the evolution topic? Shit doesn't get any easier!

I'm still waiting Are we going with "nameless creator" did it?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/66666666-1.jpg

where's the evidence for this creator?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/777777777777777876.jpg

I have to hand it you you brah you got this personality thing down packed!

Your Mr. hard ass evolutionist in the politics forum.

And Mr. Mom in the Club! :lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137730

LnGrrrR
10-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Is there really a need to go there? I was asking a legit question, after all you have a 20 page topic in the politics forum trying to shove Evolution down our throats, and then you come to the club to show off one of Gods creations?

My wife cheated on me with God? Holy shit!

God must look alot like me then.

You don't see the irony? This may be the best self ownage since Buddy Holly got busted stealing Slomo's photos and said they were his on an NSync forum of all places.

And if the irony is not thick enough you have the nerve to post this in the evolution topic? Shit doesn't get any easier!

You. Are. An. Idiot.

The joy I get from my beautiful son has nothing to do with whether or not I believe in God, or evolution, or anything. Just like, on a much lesser scale, liking the taste of Mountain Dew doesn't mean I think the idea was divinely inspired. Moron.

mouse.
10-29-2009, 05:10 PM
do you believe your child has no soul?

LnGrrrR
10-29-2009, 05:19 PM
do you believe your child has no soul?

Since I don't believe in souls, that would be correct.

gatoloco
10-29-2009, 05:21 PM
congrats on your newborn and your consistency.

mouse
10-29-2009, 05:33 PM
You. Are. An. Idiot.

I think I got it the first 10 times you posted it any more times and your just trying to convince yourself.

The joy I get from my beautiful son has nothing to do with whether or not I believe in God, or evolution, or anything.

Then to you your child may as well be a pet? why not stick it in a cage by the gold fish bowl? Don't tell me Mr.Darwin jr. feels love?

Just like, on a much lesser scale, liking the taste of Mountain Dew doesn't mean I think the idea was divinely inspired. Moron.

You have been exposed as a fraud. you act like a big shit Atheist in the Evolution topics then you act like the Nanny in the club.

It's like your going through some sort of personality crisis. Your a combination of Maury Povich and Glenn Beck.

You want the luxury lecturing others on drinking and driving as you smoke your crack pipe at Woodstock?.

You would have been better off just picking up what is left from your semi-Evolution,baby loving ass and admitted you sit on the fence, but you choose to defy me and all the posts you have made? (wrong move)

Go ahead and keep digging your hole maybe if you dig deep enough you might find another fossil to further prove your son did come from a turtle.

Just remember what forum you post in the Club is for your human side.
:lmao

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ears.jpg

You just made Darwin so proud! :tu

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/baby-chimpanzee-picture.jpg

LnGrrrR
10-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Why do you think atheists are hardass? :lol

Just because I don't think he has a soul doesn't mean I can't love him, or won't, or compare him to an animal. And frankly, this should be obvious and I'm pretty sure you're trolling.

Or maybe you're just an idiot?

PM5K
10-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Stick it in the dryer, err, I mean on the dryer, in the car seat with one sheet of snuggle.....

mouse
10-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Why do you think atheists are hardass? :lol

Just because I don't think he has a soul doesn't mean I can't love him, or won't, or compare him to an animal. And frankly, this should be obvious and I'm pretty sure you're trolling.

Or maybe you're just an idiot?

Come to think of it after reading your replies not only are you not worthy of any more of my precious input,
you should have a vasectomy immediately! please don't populate this earth with anymore of your kind, really... I beg of you for the sake of mankind, hell... Darwin himself is texting me from his grave as we speak! enough is enough already.

PM5K
10-29-2009, 05:47 PM
I used to think Mouse smoked pot, but his posts are way to lucid to be from a pot smoker.

mouse
10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I used to think Mouse smoked pot, but his posts are way to lucid to be from a pot smoker.

I used to think you was straight and funny so I guess we are both wrong.

PM5K
10-29-2009, 05:49 PM
I used to think you was straight and funny so I guess we are both wrong.

See that's what I'm talking about right there, no way I get zinged like that by a pot smoker.

PM5K
10-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Nm

Alex Jones
10-29-2009, 06:06 PM
See that's what I'm talking about right there, no way I get zinged like that by a pot smoker.

You want Zing? Go to the NBA forum and post as a Maverick fan.

Actually I have been out of weed for over two weeks and I can't take it anymore... I thought voting for Obama was supposed to open up some weed connections? .:bang

Ps: my Pm.box is empty my wallet is full. :smokin

LnGrrrR
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Come to think of it after reading your replies not only are you not worthy of any more of my precious input,
you should have a vasectomy immediately! please don't populate this earth with anymore of your kind, really... I beg of you for the sake of mankind, hell... Darwin himself is texting me from his grave as we speak! enough is enough already.

Too bad Mouse, I have successfully passed on my genetic inheritance to the next in line. Darwin ain't got nothing on me. :lol

But hey, the whole point of different kinds of people in a population is so that some members will survive no matter what. I guess there's a possibility we may need retards in the future, in which case I would expect your genetic pattern to thrive.

mouse
10-29-2009, 08:45 PM
If only you would have said that 5 hours ago! When my kid finally goes to sleep meet me back in the politics forum. :smokin

Solid D
10-30-2009, 12:55 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/05/20/alg_fossil_1.jpg

Here's one for your family album.

J.T.
10-30-2009, 02:04 AM

He used to but no one in San Antonio will sell to him because they think he's a narc with MPD.

J.T.
10-30-2009, 02:05 AM
And congrats on your baby boy.

I hope he grows up to be a bigger Colts fan than me.

mouse
10-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Who's the Godfather Richard Dawkins? :lmao

mouse
10-30-2009, 02:37 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/05/20/alg_fossil_1.jpg

Here's one for your family album.

That is so wrong and yet it makes a good point. What if an Atheist gets an abortion does in make it ok since they have no souls?
:wakeup

click link to see ST Evolutionist's get pwn3d......

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136687&page=22

xellos88330
10-30-2009, 03:19 AM
EOD? :lol

2w151 (7 level certified master technician)

Was a badass at it too. I was also selected for EOD certifications since our base at Holloman only had 3 people it seemed like at EOD. Mastered 4 different airframes too. F-117A, F-15, F-16, and A-10. Was about to get a TDY after my rotation was done in the Gulf to start learning the B-52's but my career was cut unexpectedly short.

LnGrrrR
10-30-2009, 10:46 AM
And congrats on your baby boy.

I hope he grows up to be a bigger Colts fan than me.

Bastard :lol

LnGrrrR
10-30-2009, 10:47 AM
That is so wrong and yet it makes a good point. What if an Atheist gets an abortion does in make it ok since they have no souls?
:wakeup

click link to see ST Evolutionist's get pwn3d......

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136687&page=22

It depends on the atheist, of course. Just because something doesn't have a soul means one is justified in terminating its life.

LnGrrrR
10-30-2009, 10:49 AM
2w151 (7 level certified master technician)

Was a badass at it too. I was also selected for EOD certifications since our base at Holloman only had 3 people it seemed like at EOD. Mastered 4 different airframes too. F-117A, F-15, F-16, and A-10. Was about to get a TDY after my rotation was done in the Gulf to start learning the B-52's but my career was cut unexpectedly short.

Sweet dude. Sorry about your career; I've got 10 more years doing this before I'm retirement eligible. My most recent reenlistment takes me to 2014, so after that, another 4 years and some change (July 2019) and I'll be set.

I figure, if I can spend 3 of the years in Hawaii, then hopefully get to Europe or Japan, the 10 years will be worth it.

Fpoonsie
10-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Don't worry about mouse, LnGrrrR. He's just bitter 'cause no self-respecting woman will have consensual sex w/ him, much LESS carry one of his "gifts from God" to term.

MB20
10-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Congrats LnGrrrR !!! :toast
And get ready to work overtime! :hat

I have 3 kiddos aged 6,4 and 2.

LnGrrrR
10-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Congrats LnGrrrR !!! :toast
And get ready to work overtime! :hat

I have 3 kiddos aged 6,4 and 2.

My goodness, are you a sadist? lol

My wife and I want to try and wait until this one is out of diapers, around 3 or 4.

MB20
10-30-2009, 01:09 PM
My goodness, are you a sadist? lol

My wife and I want to try and wait until this one is out of diapers, around 3 or 4.

I strongly agree. :lol
But no more than 3. We wanted them to be as close as possible to each other in age.
I had a brother 6 years younger, and I couldnīt share many things/time with him when we were young.

LnGrrrR
10-30-2009, 03:40 PM
That makes sense. My brother was 3 years apart from me, and it was just close enough to be able to do things together.

Summers
10-30-2009, 06:08 PM
I just skipped right to page 4 to congratulate you on your little one. :)