PDA

View Full Version : I just changed the channel...

pauls931
10-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Let me know when the laker ring ceremony is over please..

Spursmania
10-27-2009, 09:27 PM
No shit, what an official waste of fucking time. I just changed it too.:lol

ace3g
10-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Lakers can't even use original music, stole the NBC Olympic theme song for the ring ceremony, and way to go Stern (first and only time you will hear me say that) for mentioning this is only the 10th Championship for the Lakers in LA

pauls931
10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Cool, 'The Office' is on.

Riverwalkman
10-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Absolutely you are not Lakers fan, me too.

pauls931
10-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Is it safe?

duncan228
Still on.

pauls931
Hey your avatar is upside down! And flipped horizontally.

peskypesky
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
look, they earned it. as much as i hate them, they're the champs and they get the ring ceremony. that's how it works.

pauls931
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
sweet jesus I thought you were joking!!! WTF is this shit!!!??

Riverwalkman
10-27-2009, 09:40 PM

Do you post thread with your head downwards?

pauls931
10-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Do you post thread with your head downwards?

in my sig.:lol

Crookshanks
10-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Gag me! And now the TNT guys are saying the only thing stopping the Lakers from having another ring ceremony next year are the Celtics. I hope the Spurs are watching this.

duncan228
10-27-2009, 09:50 PM

:lol

pauls931
10-27-2009, 09:52 PM
:lol

don't worry, I'll get bored and change to something else soon...

Spursmania
10-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Gag me! And now the TNT guys are saying the only thing stopping the Lakers from having another ring ceremony next year are the Celtics. I hope the Spurs are watching this.

:vomit:

InRareForm
10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
DId Chris Wallace get a ring?

Obstructed_View
10-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Once the camera wasn't zoomed in on Jeannie Buss anymore, I changed the channel too.

Obstructed_View
10-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Logo did.

Well he should, he's the reason Pau's a Laker, right? ;)

duncan228
10-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Lakers raise championship banner, get rings (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakersceremony&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Greg Beacham

Derek Fisher led the Staples Center crowd in a 3-2-1 countdown to the unveiling of the banner commemorating the Los Angeles Lakers’ 15th championship.

Then the Lakers got back to work on counting to 16.

Nine former Lakers joined the crowd in welcoming the franchise’s latest bunch of champions into their fraternity Tuesday night before the season opener against the Clippers. Wearing purple warmup jackets with 15 gold stars on the back, the Lakers’ remarkably intact roster received its rings from NBA commissioner David Stern and Lakers executive vice president Jeanie Buss.

“Tonight is such a special night for our team,” Fisher said to the crowd. “We know every night we come out here … the support from you has just been unbelievable all these years.”

Kobe Bryant got the final ring—and congratulations from Lakers greats including Jerry West and Magic Johnson—before the new gold banner was revealed high atop the arena.

Stern encouraged cheers for “a Laker team that showed us an extraordinary amount of dedication … and to the Laker fans around the world.”

Calling him “the greatest owner in sports,” Johnson urged a standing ovation for 75-year-old Jerry Buss, who watched from a luxury box high up in Staples Center.

West represented the Lakers’ 1972 champions. He was joined by Norm Nixon (1980), Jamaal Wilkes (1982), James Worthy (1985), Michael Cooper (1987), Johnson (1988), A.C. Green (2000), Rick Fox (2001) and Robert Horry (2002). The Lakers also won five titles in Minneapolis.

NBA career scoring leader Kareem Abdul-Jabbar even was on hand to accept his ring as a special assistant coach to the current Lakers.

Twelve members of last season’s team are back with the Lakers this season, from noncontributors such as Adam Morrison and DJ Mbenga to every significant member of last season’s squad except Trevor Ariza, who swapped places with Ron Artest in Houston.

The Lakers rolled to their 10th title on the West Coast through a difficult playoff run, including a seven-game series against the Rockets and a six-game triumph over Denver in the Western Conference finals.

Los Angeles finally eliminated the Orlando Magic in five games, leading to a championship parade and celebration at the Coliseum. Bryant was the finals MVP after winning his first title without Shaquille O’Neal.

After the banner unveiling and cheers to the strains of Randy Newman’s “I Love L.A.,” the Lakers all placed their rings on a table next to the Larry O’Brien Trophy and faced the Clippers, taking a 59-49 lead at halftime.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson got a special ovation from the crowd when he received his 10th championship ring as a coach, in addition to the ring he still occasionally wears from his playing days with the New York Knicks.

That Knicks ring is missing a diamond after he lost it at a Bennigan’s restaurant while he was an assistant coach with the Chicago Bulls, whom he later coached to six championships. Yet the Knicks ring is perhaps the only one in his collection that’s suitable for day-to-day wear, given the baubles’ gradual increases in size and ostentatiousness over the years.

“I don’t think any of them are wearable since they went to this format,” Jackson said, calling them “too gaudy, too large. You can’t shake hands with anybody.”

Jackson typically breaks out the ring from his most recent title during the following playoff run, which means he’s been breaking out the Lakers’ 2002 title ring for the past few postseasons.

“I really disliked that ring,” he said with a laugh. “It looked like a clown’s face, actually.”

TheMACHINE
10-28-2009, 12:57 AM
damn jeanie is HOT!

afireinside20
10-28-2009, 01:03 AM

It's alright, lets the TNT guys suck the Lakers and Celtics dicks all they want. Come June, their gonna be up on the Spurs sacs anyway.

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2009, 01:05 AM
It was torture seeing that rapist get rewarded

duncan228
10-28-2009, 01:11 AM
He got rewarded for winning the Championship. He deserved it.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 01:31 AM
damn jeanie is HOT!

QFT. One woman whose Playboy shoot didn't do her justice.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 01:57 AM
Hers?

So you're a laker fan and you don't know who people are referring to when they say "Jeanie"? Really?

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 02:23 AM
Come on View, of course I know our Queen B, I was asking you what you thought about Kim's. From now on just assume there aint shit I don't know about my team.

I said Jeanie's DIDN'T do her justice. Kim's makes her look amazing. BTW, you're probably going to get pinked for posting that picture.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2009, 02:29 AM
That being said, I think it's TOTALLY WORTH you gettin pinked so that I can continue to enjoy it.

...aaaaand done. Do w/ it what you will.

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2009, 02:32 AM
that was shit

did west get a ring also cause he had alot to do with gasol gettin traded for peanuts

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 02:48 AM
That being said, I think it's TOTALLY WORTH you gettin pinked so that I can continue to enjoy it.

...aaaaand done. Do w/ it what you will.

Right click and save before the pinkage.