PDA

View Full Version : Never in my life have I seen such a piss poor effort

monosylab1k
10-27-2009, 09:59 PM
One game in and I already hate this team.

FTM

Trainwreck2100
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
you guys should cut Gooden.........................now

mofo is win cyptonite

sribb43
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
We saw plenty of efforts like this last season...nothing new. When ever the oppoistion is missing a key player mavs always find a way to play like ass and lose

monosylab1k
10-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Gooden was the only guy playing with any energy.

Dirk looks downright pleased with his 12/44 shooting night.

Kidd seemed to enjoy letting Arenas blow by him all night while offering zero help defense, neither did he make an effort to get the offense going.

Barea is the only guy on the team who can make a play with his dribble, but he makes so many dumbass plays (along with his nonexistant defense) that he winds up being a negative impact player.

Jason Terry must have hung out with Bobby Carpenter all offseason because he's great at getting the crowd pumped up while contributing jack shit during game time.

monosylab1k
10-27-2009, 10:05 PM
and apparently all that "Shawn Marion's numbers sucked in Toronto because of the system" was bullcrap too.

monosylab1k
10-27-2009, 10:06 PM
At least Mark Cuban can talk some real good bullshit all offseason, because I'm always pumped for the Mavs only to be crushed within a week of the season starting.

ElNono
10-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Wow... Dirk scores 30+ and the Mavs get 30+ free throws and still manage to lose...

First game of the season though...

LOL Marion...

monosylab1k
10-27-2009, 10:12 PM
"this team is way more athletic!" - Donnie Nelson & Mark Cuban

My fucking ass they're more athletic. They made Randy Foye look like Dwyane Wade with a jumper out there.

I loved watching them play classic "average spare guy at 24 Hr. Fitness basketball pickup games" defense......every time someone gets an open shot, don't bother closing out, just watch him shoot and pray that it doesn't go in.

KidCongo
10-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Combine Dirk and James in Cleveland. Make it happen Stern!

monosylab1k
10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Quinton Ross looks like the second coming of Antoine Wright. Shitty offense plus the reputation of defense with very little to back that up. The only positive Ross has over Wright is that he isn't delusional in thinking he's some sort of weapon on offense, he basically stays out of the action as much as possible.

Dex
10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
CjQKFoUdk4g

monosylab1k
10-27-2009, 10:15 PM
I can't wait till Josh Howard gets back and we see even more ill advised jumpers.

dirk4mvp
10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
I can't wait till Josh Howard gets back and we see even more ill advised jumpers.

Those are the best. They have a slight chance of going in.

Ghazi
10-27-2009, 10:20 PM
exaggeration imo

monosylab1k
10-27-2009, 10:21 PM
exaggeration imo

please go David Carradine yourself.

ElNono
10-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm actually pissed that Dampier made Blatche look like Moses Malone in his prime and we threw Bonner at him...

mavs>spurs2
10-27-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't like Dirks new anorexic look

ClingingMars
10-27-2009, 10:29 PM
I don't think a freakout here is in order...this isn't your 2009 Wizards...they are back to being a playoff team again

sribb43
10-27-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't think a freakout here is in order...this isn't your 2009 Wizards...they are back to being a playoff team again

It's the same 1st round exit team plus Foye and Miller not to mention Jamison didn't play

ClingingMars
10-27-2009, 10:33 PM
It's the same 1st round exit team plus Foye and Miller not to mention Jamison didn't play

Only if they play the Cavs in the first round

Cavs is to Wizards what Spurs is to Suns

badfish22
10-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Dirk and a bunch of basketball retards.

There's not a single player that makes me more made than JJ Barea. When we have the best floor general in the god damn game, why is JJ controlling the ball? While he is turning the ball over or taking a shot he has no buisness taking, Jason fucking Kidd is just standing there watching. He plays 23 minuets with a -12 plus/minus and 3 TO's. AWESOME.

Obstructed_View
10-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Not sure what game you were watching. They gave plenty of effort, played good solid defense and took pretty good care of the ball. They settled for jumpers way too much in the second half as the game got away from them. The TV commentators mentioned that the Mavs were "trading baskets" but that's just not true. The Wizards were making layups or shooting free throws while Dallas was shooting threes and hitting one out of every four to try to keep the game in sight. That's one team taking high percentage shots and another team volume shooting low percentage shots.

Dunc n Dave
10-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Gooden goes 1-6 in his first game for 2 pts and 4 rebs. Still think he's the answer at center, Mavs fans?

It's true he is kryptonite to a team. Good luck Mavs fans!

NRHector
10-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Damn monos, I noticed that your english is much better

Findog
10-27-2009, 11:22 PM
It wouldn't be the regular season without an angry denunciation from Mono after a Mavs loss.

Shank
10-27-2009, 11:23 PM
That was shitty.

And I'm already tired of people using the phrase "Mavs fans". As though we were the ones going through the motions out there tonight. Hang it up.

Losing home openers is what they do. That's balla, yo.

iggypop123
10-27-2009, 11:31 PM
mavs just wanted to do hoodrat stuff nothing to see here

SouthTexasRancher
10-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Damn you guys quit on your team early. Course we all understand why! he,he

C'mon guys it'll get better. Every team has bad nights. There are still 81 games left plus the playoffs and we want you guys in the 1st or 2nd rounds before we move on to play the Lakers in the WC Finals. :ihit

monosylab1k
10-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Not sure what game you were watching. They gave plenty of effort, played good solid defense and took pretty good care of the ball. They settled for jumpers way too much in the second half as the game got away from them. The TV commentators mentioned that the Mavs were "trading baskets" but that's just not true. The Wizards were making layups or shooting free throws while Dallas was shooting threes and hitting one out of every four to try to keep the game in sight. That's one team taking high percentage shots and another team volume shooting low percentage shots.

Settling for jumpers comes from a lack of effort & focus. Thanks for making my point.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 12:38 AM

FTM

You wanna talk piss poor effort. Look at the Hornets huge loss in the playoffs last year.

Hornets1
10-28-2009, 12:58 AM
The Wizards are the better team! GILBERT IS BACK!!! WOOOO!!!!

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2009, 01:09 AM
its fun to do bad things

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Calm the f'k down. It's one gd game! The Cavs looked no better and they ain't doin' the dutch.

Kai
10-28-2009, 01:27 AM
5orlL3s161E

old, but appropriate.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Settling for jumpers comes from a lack of effort & focus. Thanks for making my point.

No, it comes from believing that they can shoot their way into any game. It's a flawed mentality that the Mavs have had for years, and the players are going to have a tendency to revert to it. They weren't giving up easy layups or failing to secure rebounds. They weren't turning the ball over or making poor passes or settling for poor shots on one-on-one plays. They were really giving effort when they were shooting all those jumpers. A sad reality is that, if enough of those shots had gone in to win them the game, you'd be really excited about how well they played.

At some point between the five minute mark of the third and the end of the game, the coaching staff could have called a timeout and drawn up ONE play going toward the rim.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:31 AM
No, it comes from believing that they can shoot their way into any game. It's a flawed mentality that the Mavs have had for years, and the players are going to have a tendency to revert to it.

Ob, with the goods/outstanding style.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 01:45 AM
I suppose I should amend what I said about believing you can shoot your way into any game being a "flawed mentality", because all shooters should have that belief, and the Mavs are full of guys that can make baskets in bunches. That said, it's up to the coaching staff to remind them that there are other ways to score, and they did a good job of it for a while and just seemed to forget. I have a really hard time blaming the players for just doing what they do in the heat of the game, especially with Gilbert "garbage time shot selection that still goes in" Arenas on the other end of the floor with a perpetual green-light.

symple19
10-28-2009, 03:24 AM
5orlL3s161E

old, but appropriate.

never seen that before...too funny :lol

Halberto
10-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Calm down... 2 years ago they opened up for 3 or 4 straight losses and ended up getting 67 wins anyway.

First game of the season and already we have people ripping the Cavs, Mavs, and touting LBJ as the God of basketball

Muser
10-28-2009, 05:03 AM
Barea was horrible.

benefactor
10-28-2009, 05:40 AM
Great points by OV. They looked really good early on and then they seemed to stray from what was bringing them success. They have to find a way to get away from the idea that long stretches of jacking up jumpers is going to yield anything good...especially when your opponent is getting baskets in a much easier fashion.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-28-2009, 06:55 AM

FTM

Gooden was the only guy playing with any energy.

Dirk looks downright pleased with his 12/44 shooting night.

Kidd seemed to enjoy letting Arenas blow by him all night while offering zero help defense, neither did he make an effort to get the offense going.

Barea is the only guy on the team who can make a play with his dribble, but he makes so many dumbass plays (along with his nonexistant defense) that he winds up being a negative impact player.

Jason Terry must have hung out with Bobby Carpenter all offseason because he's great at getting the crowd pumped up while contributing jack shit during game time.

and apparently all that "Shawn Marion's numbers sucked in Toronto because of the system" was bullcrap too.

At least Mark Cuban can talk some real good bullshit all offseason, because I'm always pumped for the Mavs only to be crushed within a week of the season starting.

"this team is way more athletic!" - Donnie Nelson & Mark Cuban

My fucking ass they're more athletic. They made Randy Foye look like Dwyane Wade with a jumper out there.

I loved watching them play classic "average spare guy at 24 Hr. Fitness basketball pickup games" defense......every time someone gets an open shot, don't bother closing out, just watch him shoot and pray that it doesn't go in.

Quinton Ross looks like the second coming of Antoine Wright. Shitty offense plus the reputation of defense with very little to back that up. The only positive Ross has over Wright is that he isn't delusional in thinking he's some sort of weapon on offense, he basically stays out of the action as much as possible.

:toast A tribute to your passionate hatred of your own team, sir. There's some funny shit in there! :)

Damn monos, I noticed that your english is much better

Indeed.

Shank
10-28-2009, 10:32 AM
No, it comes from believing that they can shoot their way into any game. It's a flawed mentality that the Mavs have had for years, and the players are going to have a tendency to revert to it. They weren't giving up easy layups or failing to secure rebounds. They weren't turning the ball over or making poor passes or settling for poor shots on one-on-one plays. They were really giving effort when they were shooting all those jumpers. A sad reality is that, if enough of those shots had gone in to win them the game, you'd be really excited about how well they played.

At some point between the five minute mark of the third and the end of the game, the coaching staff could have called a timeout and drawn up ONE play going toward the rim.

But where does that mentality come from if a number of the players and the coaching staff have changed over the years?

stretch
10-28-2009, 11:26 AM
meh

1 game

yeah it was horrible, but they will be fine.

phyzik
10-28-2009, 12:04 PM
But where does that mentality come from if a number of the players and the coaching staff have changed over the years?

Your power forward is practically a perimeter player for shits sake, what do you expect?

Shank
10-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Your power forward is practically a perimeter player for shits sake, what do you expect?

That accounts for one guy, not the "they" mentioned. Dirk, largely, gets a pass because that's what he does and he does it well the majority of the time.

Findog
10-28-2009, 01:39 PM
That accounts for one guy, not the "they" mentioned. Dirk, largely, gets a pass because that's what he does and he does it well the majority of the time.

This is a 20-win team without Dirk.

badfish22
10-28-2009, 02:29 PM
The Wizards are the better team! GILBERT IS BACK!!! WOOOO!!!!

hmmmmm it seems like your a hornet fan, yet your excited for the Wizards.

Eh, I guess all fans couldn't stick around through 121-63 :lmao

monosylab1k
10-28-2009, 02:48 PM
This is a 20-win team without Dirk.

Yeah but they might only be a 45 win team with him.

Ghazi
10-28-2009, 02:54 PM
I didn't watch last night but I'll reserve judgment on the boys until Smokey is in the lineup. This teams wing depth isn't good enough to overcome his loss... of course this is assuming he'd play like he did toward the end of last season.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 06:34 PM

That mentality comes from most every player that's good enough to get to the NBA. Jump shooters shoot jump shots. It's not like philosophies haven't changed somewhat over the years, but shot selection in the NBA is everything, and the Mavs didn't make good choices with the ball. A basketball team settling for jumpers isn't uncommon, but it's inexcusable in my opinion for the coach not to recognize it and stop it from happening.

The Mavs looked to me like a team that had a good preseason and came in unprepared. The errors they made that cost them the game seem easily fixable. The more I think about it the more sure I am that this game's on the coach. I highly doubt that the players are just tuning him out in game one.

Findog
10-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah but they might only be a 45 win team with him.

Well, there you go. My comments were directed at whoever chose to castigate Dirk, as if he's the main culprit with what's wrong with the team.

Look, I'll be honest, I didn't watch the game, even though I was in Section 326. But from the few moments I paid attention, it seemed like he was getting to the line and drawing fouls. Every time I looked up from talking to my date, it seemed like the Mavs were clanging jumpers and the Wiz were clearing the rebound.