PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on Cavs vs. Cels

Riverwalkman
10-27-2009, 10:07 PM
-Anderson Varejao has improved on his footwork and mid-range jumper, but Cavaliers did not run enough offense for him. That's a problem when they brought Shaq in.

-LBJ is a beast, his deffense awareness seems improved. But Cavs rely too much on him. Still, the second player who can creat his own shot is Mo Williams, that sounds a very same, sad story.

-Cavs should trade Ilgauskas for a PF who can deffend Pick&Roll, can't afford to have to bigs who are slow and old.

-In a fastbreak session, Kevin Garnett was running as a trailer, he got the ball and missed an open dunk, when he landed to the ground, I found his left knee was a little bit discomforted. Consider it was the first game of the season, I'd say Celtics need to be careful with KG. That's a hiding problem which would make Celtics waste another year.

picc84
10-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Varejao starts out every year with a good looking jumper. It quickly goes back to normal.

Riverwalkman
10-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Varejao starts out every year with a good looking jumper. It quickly goes back to normal.
Cavs will need his jumpers, if they keeps Big Z and Big Shaq on court.

Obstructed_View
10-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I thought both teams were really sloppy, but Boston settled down first. Cleveland really needs someone to run the offense. People keep saying they're going to be in trouble because of their front line, and I think they're going to be in trouble because of their guards.

James has a good looking jumper now. Much more fluid motion. He must have been watching Ray Allen during the offseason.

KG is either still in pain or not back yet. He looked stiff to me through the entire second half, and why nobody else on the court or his sideline noticed it just baffles me. If I'm Doc Rivers, I bench the first, second and third motherfuckers who are throwing him lobs in game 1 of the season. Don't put a guy like KG out on the floor and then rely on him to regulate his own pace. The Spurs are smart enough not to do that with Manu.

I think the whole "best defense ever" talk for the Celtics can dry up now. The only reason the Cavs scored 90 is because Mike Brown decided to play Van Gundy ball during the second and third quarters.

KidCongo
10-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Varejao played well offensively from reports with his time with Brazil. Making jumpers almost out to the fiba 3 pt line.

Ball movement was pretty terrible and Rondo had Mo covered very well. Made it tough for him so the ball was in LeBron's hands most of the time.

They should be playing at an elite level by December.

Obstructed_View
10-27-2009, 10:57 PM

Are they trading for a point guard about then, or is that when Shaq's expected to finally be near game-shape?

KidCongo
10-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Are they trading for a point guard about then, or is that when Shaq's expected to finally be near game-shape?

:lol

That's when I hope they start to gel real well.

iggypop123
10-27-2009, 11:28 PM
yeah trading z is a must but then again who is a pf that can stretch the floor that is out there?

Allanon
10-27-2009, 11:31 PM

If they wait until December to get to an elite level, they'll be opening up the 2nd round of the Playoffs on the Road.

Celtics, Magic, Wizards aren't wasting time.

peskypesky
10-27-2009, 11:31 PM
well, it's not like the Cavs lost to a bad team.

Riverwalkman
10-27-2009, 11:47 PM
yeah trading z is a must but then again who is a pf that can stretch the floor that is out there?
Big Z has good trade value, Cavs should trade him to a West team who needs a big C.

How about trading Z for Carlos Boozer? Both‘s contract are expired, and Utah is most likely to lose Boozer after the season.

Killakobe81
10-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Let's be honest. Lebron is a beast on offense and help Defense sucks man to man. Shaq will get pnr all game long as will Z. Defensively Verajao is the only real option ...the Cavs are 5th best in the NBA Spurs, Lakers, Magic and Celts are ALL better.
True they lost to a better team tonight no shame there ...BUT losing at home is the killer. My guess? they finish 3rd ion the East and they will keep LBJ but dump SHAQ and get a 2nd tier star to go to Cleveland ...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Idk why people are saying Varejao is good, he looked like he'd be a horrible compliment to Shaq tonight.

iggypop123
10-28-2009, 12:14 AM
boozer to cleveland. first of all thats a trash trade 2nd of all im sure boozer inst well liked in cleveland

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 01:18 AM
Idk why people are saying Varejao is good, he looked like he'd be a horrible compliment to Shaq tonight.

I know as a Suns fan you aren't used to watching defense, but Varejao plays it pretty well.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-28-2009, 01:19 AM
I know as a Suns fan you aren't used to watching defense, but Varejao plays it pretty well.

Typical dumb Mexican Spurs fan comment, but you must have missed that Orlando series.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:21 AM
James is good. Nothing more.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 02:58 AM
Typical dumb Mexican Spurs fan comment, but you must have missed that Orlando series.

You mean that Orlando series that went six games and had an average win margin of two and a half points? Yeah, no defense there. :lol

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2009, 03:14 AM
boozer to cleveland. first of all thats a trash trade 2nd of all im sure boozer inst well liked in cleveland

Cant see that happening really.
Who would they trade?