PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 controversy imminent...

Hank the Tank
10-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Take a look at this video. Holy shit!

Warning it does contain MINOR SPOILERS...I suppose. You do see a little of what is going on in the Infamy trailer though.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/modern-warfare-2-airport/333416

The media is gonna have a field day with this.

Slydragon
10-27-2009, 11:55 PM
I get "movie_was_not_found" so what's the controversy?

Hank the Tank
10-28-2009, 12:12 AM
wow...it was taken down already?
well search for "modern warfare 2 airport" or something of that nature.

here it is on youtube, probably not for long though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8C1PFmHXL8

shitty vid quality, but you should get what's goin on. skip to the 2 min mark if you want.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-28-2009, 12:20 AM
interesting...

I imagine that's the perspective of the terrorists...

It might create a bit of controversy, but if GTA4 lets you run over innocent people, then I don't think this is that much removed. This game is intended for adults anyway, so I don't see this being much of an issue.

Slydragon
10-28-2009, 12:38 AM
If that was in a movie it would be ok, but because it's in a game that's rated "Mature" we will still get stupid fucks going,

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/think_of_the_children.jpg

Slydragon
10-28-2009, 12:42 AM
A thread on neogaf about it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378147

BlackSwordsMan
10-28-2009, 12:45 AM
sweet can't wait to keep replaying this level over and over

Trainwreck2100
10-28-2009, 12:51 AM
that fucker offs you in the end

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2009, 05:35 AM
fuck i hate prude motherfuckers.

the game is for adults, not little kids who have no hair on their sacks

BruceBowenFan
10-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Damn that is gonna be badass to do.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Damn that is gonna be badass to do.

I keep clicking tha links, but coming up empty.

What exactly is the player supposed to do?

balli
10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
I keep clicking tha links, but coming up empty.

What exactly is the player supposed to do?

Walk through an airport and gun down entire crowds of civilians.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Does anybody have a working link for the scene?

Fpoonsie
10-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Walk through an airport and gun down entire crowds of civilians.

:wow

Wooooah.

...neat.

Heath Ledger
10-28-2009, 02:43 PM
It's no biggie but not sure if I would let my young kids do that scene. (don't have any kids) 14+ maybe.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow. Just watched the link TonysTeam provided (thanks, btw). Before seein it, I didn't think it'd be that bad. After watchin it, though, I was surprised by how disturbed I was.

IW says that the player'll have the option to skip that checkpoint...and that there's a brief "the following scene may be disturbing to some viewers" disclaimer before goin on w/ the mission.

Trainwreck2100
10-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow. Just watched the link TonysTeam provided (thanks, btw). Before seein it, I didn't think it'd be that bad. After watchin it, though, I was surprised by how disturbed I was.

IW says that the player'll have the option to skip that checkpoint...and that there's a brief "the following scene may be disturbing to some viewers" disclaimer before goin on w/ the mission.

that's gonna be the one i play to most, its like gta without the cars

Fpoonsie
10-28-2009, 04:28 PM
that's gonna be the one i play to most, its like gta without the cars

:lol

Shaolin-Style
10-29-2009, 02:54 AM
I wouldn't boycott it but man that's pretty intense.

Ballsy of them to put in such gameplay. Will be interesting to play.

AussieFanKurt
10-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Its just a game mehhh

TwAnKiEs
10-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Is this a secret move to get all the 10 year olds off this game, leaving the awesomeness for the rest of us??:king

TwAnKiEs
11-04-2009, 07:41 AM
http://www.modernwarfare247.com/

This also has some info on the scene but w\out spoiling it... 6 more days! :makemyday:makemyday:makemyday:makemyday:makemyday :makemyday

ATRAIN
11-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Someone told me that they are disabling party chat for MW2

Trainwreck2100
11-04-2009, 10:19 AM

yes they are but it may only be for some playlists, but i'm not sure if its for certain playlists or for everything. But as someone who never used it I don't give a fuck. Also a 25 kill streak gives you a tactical nuke perk. Which is an instant game over

DisAsTerBot
11-04-2009, 10:35 AM

what's the purpose of that?

BacktoBasics
11-04-2009, 11:00 AM
God dammit. I can't find it anywhere.

resistanze
11-04-2009, 11:14 AM

Yup, and private chats. Fucking sucks. I'm hoping it's only an option that can be turned on for competitive matches. I enjoyed talking with friends rather than morons spamming the mic or prepubescent boys yelling profanities in the game chat.

As for this controversial level, I love it. I don't get why there should be a warning, you spend the entire gaming shooting people. :lol

I mean, you can try to murder everyone in NY/Cali/Vegas in GTA games if you want, I don't see this MW2 as anymore heinous.

balli
11-04-2009, 11:16 AM
I couldn't find it streaming, but you can download it here:

http://www.brothersoft.com/games/modern-warfare-2-airport-terrorist-mission.html

Shit's crazy.

resistanze
11-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah I just watched it 5 minutes ago. Ruthless.

balli
11-04-2009, 11:19 AM
I enjoyed talking with friends rather than morons spamming the mic or prepubescent boys yelling profanities in the game chat.
For real. I don't think they're bringing that lame ass eavesdrop perk back, so I don't even know what their rational is. It's a bummer.

DisAsTerBot
11-04-2009, 12:42 PM
damn, i hate listening to the random morons

Trainwreck2100
11-04-2009, 12:43 PM
anything to further handicap clans is fine with me

TwAnKiEs
11-04-2009, 03:27 PM
damn, i hate listening to the random morons

I will begin the over use of the mute option.... ha ha

Heath Ledger
11-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Currently there are three or four playlists you can still use party chat.

MiamiHeat
11-04-2009, 03:54 PM
people ghost and help their friends or clan mates while dead. they tell them where enemies are and stuff, lame as hell

i am glad for this.

Höfner
11-04-2009, 04:45 PM
people ghost and help their friends or clan mates while dead. they tell them where enemies are and stuff, lame as hell

i am glad for this.

You can only spectate your team as far as I know

resistanze
11-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Who actually ghosts to help teammates? Don't you spawn like 3 secs after you die (save for HQ)? I really hope this is an optional implementation.

Heath Ledger
11-04-2009, 05:18 PM
I think this is a good thing anyway, theres nothing like playing a game and nobody is talking because they are iin party chat with their "click"

MiamiHeat
11-04-2009, 07:31 PM
You can only spectate your team as far as I know

you've never come across friends who play on opposite teams or are placed on opposite teams in a game?

clan mates, friends?

when I used to play CoD 4, it happened a lot....

MiamiHeat
11-04-2009, 07:31 PM
I think this is a good thing anyway, theres nothing like playing a game and nobody is talking because they are iin party chat with their "click"

yup agreed.

this is for the best.

Höfner
11-04-2009, 11:11 PM
you've never come across friends who play on opposite teams or are placed on opposite teams in a game?

If one is partied up, then one's party always joins the same team.

Without the party, there can be no party chat.

Do you mean when there's 6+ clan members all partied together? And on certain game modes where you have a delayed respawn time? I can see your point, but I would just leave if I suspected I was being ghosted

Höfner
11-04-2009, 11:13 PM

I'd agree if tons of idiots and children didn't dominate the online gaming landscape.

Trainwreck2100
11-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Currently there are three or four playlists you can still use party chat.

free for all
merc team deathmatch
third person shooters

Trainwreck2100
11-04-2009, 11:21 PM
also this new trailer is sick sick sickly sick
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/04/watch-the-modern-warfare-2-launch-trailer-as-seen-on-tv/

are they really going to have a level in space though? (:58)

MiamiHeat
11-04-2009, 11:31 PM

Do you mean when there's 6+ clan members all partied together? And on certain game modes where you have a delayed respawn time? I can see your point, but I would just leave if I suspected I was being ghosted

quit arguing

it can be done. join party after you join game, different ways to do it, but it happens a lot.

DisAsTerBot
11-05-2009, 09:22 AM

+1

seriously, maybe if this was like some huge tournament with a nice monetary prize. Otherwise, wtf? Sometimes you're gonna have good games sometimes you're not. This isn't gonna level any playing fields.

velik_m
11-05-2009, 09:59 AM
http://www.tek-9.org/news/mw2_developer_chat_reveals_more_bad_news-2115.html

MW2 developer chat reveals more bad news
Posted by Camiel jetset Rietbergen on 2009-11-04 11:37:07
Tags: MW2, Developer Chat, Modern Warfare 2
Yesterday's developer chat hosted by BestBuy has revealed more bad news regarding the PC version of Modern Warfare 2, which will hit the stores in under a week from now. After Infinity Ward's new multiplayer model and their decision not to incorporate dedicated servers lead to a massive discussion across the various community forums, the results of yesterday's chat session will no doubt put more fuel on the fire.

In a community chat session with Mackey McCandlish, Ryan Lastimosa and Vince Zampella of Infinity Ward it has become apparant that there will be no console in Modern Warfare 2, stating "we would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it" when asked about the possibility to change the fov, remove perks and graphical debris and tweak the weapons for further balance.

In addition, the chat revealed that there will be no record option (for now) in MW2, nor the option to kick players out of ranked matches. Furthermore leaning will not be possible and no decisions have been made regarding mod tools, although the developers have indicated they are currently focussing on launching the game, as they are currently still working on finishing the game. This also means there are no plans for releasing a demo.

About the dedicated servers issue the developers have stated "nothing is ever off the table" and that they've seen the massive petition online. Whether they are aware of the ping problems IW.net will most likely cause is yet to be seen. The answer to a question regarding their ping during IW.net testing, "I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great (Mackey-IW)", does not sound too promising.

Some of the more interesting questions can be found below. The full transcript with pc related questions can be found (HERE).

Is there lean in PC multiplayer.
Vince-IW: No.

You said IWnet was created to help stop piracy, what do you say about the Xbox 360 version leaked and shared on torrent sites?
Vince-IW: IWnet was designed to make the MP experience on PC easier and more balanced.

Will IW ever consider developing games on the PC to support dedicated servers, be it MW2 patches or future endeavors? Just curious if dedicated servers are on the radar anymore.
Mackey-IW: Our goal is to provide the best experience for our users, so nothing is ever "off the table". We are always evaluating our options.

Hello, are you considering ever patching in mod tools for the pc to make custom maps and such?
Mackey-IW: Right now we're focused on launching our game.
(LATER ON) Vince-IW: We haven't made any decisions regarding this yet.

Has IWnet been tested in European settings? My clan plays european leagues and we got ppl from Eastern europe, UK and Sweden meeting in the same match. How is this going to play out considering siginificant differences in Bandwith and connection qualities between players. Will host player always have the ping advantage. Can a match be hosted by 'third' person, not taking part in the match?
Mackey-IW: Players do not control who hosts.

Please give me a direct answer. On the PC version. Are all games hosted by players, and is there a 5 second delay when host migration is in effect?
Vince-IW: yes.

What are the current steps being taken in regard to active blocking measures that some major ISPs have taken regarding Peer 2 Peer connections, such as what Comcast does?
Mackey-IW: Only players capable of hosting will be host.

Will there be a multiplayer PC demo shortly after release? The PC community is largely skeptical at best right now and with no ability to trade-in or rent, this is a real gamble for our wallets.
Vince-IW: No plans for a demo currently. We are still working on finishing the PC game right now (yes, I know... we need to get done!)

Since we can not kick people in ranked matches, how will we stop hackers who get past VAC?
Mackey-IW: Our goal is to ban hackers from the game.

Will the IWNET multiplayer system compensate for the undoubtly low ping that the host computer will have for the other players, or will the host have an advantage over the other players? Also, going back to clans...Is there a way to have more than 18 people in a server, because my clan has at least 100 members and we like to get 20-30 on our servers at the same time.
Mackey-IW: Games cap out at 9v9. The software has great latency tolerance. See above!

Are you aware of the petition to for dedicated servers and mods, have you taken this into acount?
Vince-IW: yes.

Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our field of view from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun, removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?
Vince-IW: We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it.

Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?
Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings. :lol

What kinds of pings did you get during your IWNet testing and what do you say is an acceptable ping?
Mackey-IW: I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great.

ManuTP9
11-05-2009, 10:42 AM
WIN,MW2:

http://www.playfire.com/win-codmw2/323339383534

Cry Havoc
11-05-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.tek-9.org/news/mw2_developer_chat_reveals_more_bad_news-2115.html

That pretty much guarantees that I will not be buying MW2 at launch, and probably never.

There are no words to describe how idiotic this is.

DisAsTerBot
11-05-2009, 12:09 PM
That pretty much guarantees that I will not be buying MW2 at launch, and probably never.

so you dont want the game unless you can tweak it till it's juuuuust right??

maybe you should develop your own.

Trainwreck2100
11-05-2009, 12:20 PM
teh poor pc gamers, nobody gives a fuck about what you want

balli
11-05-2009, 12:27 PM
teh poor pc gamers, nobody gives a fuck about what you want
Feel for them, but yeah, that interview was lol funny. You said it, IW doesn't give a fuck. Unabashedly.

Trainwreck2100
11-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Feel for them, but yeah, that interview was lol funny. You said it, IW doesn't give a fuck. Unabashedly.

that was an unbiased interview from both sides for true.

Now you mofos should see the new trailer i posted cause its awesome

balli
11-05-2009, 12:34 PM

Bah. The single player alone is probably worth it.

Discretionary consumerism is one of my past-times, so I understand your rage and subsequent protest... but at the same time, wouldn't you regret never playing Modern Warfare 2?

Actually, if you're that over the standard multiplayer, you might as well make it a PS3 rental.

I watched it. It was awesome.

Fpoonsie
11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
that was an unbiased interview from both sides for true.

Yeah...and Eminem didn't even ruin it. If anything, as much as it pains me to admit, his track added a little something.

And, yeah, the space scene was a bit peculiar. Lotta spoilers in that trailer...pretty sweet.

leemajors
11-05-2009, 03:11 PM
not being able to kick players = stupid. it is impossible to keep up with hackers. they're just incredibly naive.

balli
11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah...and Eminem didn't even ruin it. If anything, as much as it pains me to admit, his track added a little something.+1 It didn't hurt that they used an actual verse from one of his better tracks. I thought it was cool.

And, yeah, the space scene was a bit peculiar. Lotta spoilers in that trailer...pretty sweet.
I wonder how the mechanics/gravity is going to work in space? Space Station DLC map anybody?

Cry Havoc
11-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Bah. The single player alone is probably worth it.

$60 for 10-12 hours of gameplay? No thanks. I'm sure the MP will be great, but this is more about IW fucking with PC gamers than anything else. I have no desire to buy a game that openly flips me the bird and says, "fuck you."

Discretionary consumerism is one of my past-times, so I understand your rage and subsequent protest... but at the same time, wouldn't you regret never playing Modern Warfare 2?

If there were no other fantastic games out, yes. However, stating the obvious, there are sooo many good games out. I'm having trouble playing all the games I want to as it is.

Actually, if you're that over the standard multiplayer, you might as well make it a PS3 rental.

LOL console FPS games.

symple19
11-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm NOT buying this game. Mega-lame MP. I will crack it and mosey through the single player, but that's it. Fuck IW, can't wait for Treyarch to come back and show those little bitches how it's done

So now I'll wait and spend my money on Bioshock 2 instead.

symple19
11-05-2009, 10:43 PM
LOL console FPS games.

indeed

DarkReign
11-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Guaranteed everyone in this thread will play this game. SP and MP.

Guaranteed myself, symple19 and Cry Havoc will not.

leemajors
11-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Guaranteed myself, symple19 and Cry Havoc will not.

me either. I am also disappointed in Carmack saying Rage won't have dedicated servers either.

Heath Ledger
11-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I really don't understand what IW is thinking here, they are taking away all of the enjoyment for pc users of having dedicated servers, mods, only 9 v 9? I remember playing on 64 player servers in cod 2 if not more. Some of the modded servers were 10x more fun than out of the box servers.

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot but when you are selling the game across 3 consoles plus the pc it probalby won't hurt their bottom line.

I haven taken a break from pc gaming for the most part but I was going to jump back in for this game, even bought some kickass Tritton Pro Headphones now it looks like I will wait for the next Battlefield game.

balli
11-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I am also disappointed in Carmack saying Rage won't have dedicated servers either.
I saw that.

Here's my question for the PC community (and I know nothing about programming or pc gaming, so forgive me if it's naive):

Won't some crazy programmer just tear apart the source code for mw2 and release some underground patch or user dev kit or something that would allow people to do whatever they want? Obviously without Activision or IW's consent, but is it not conceivable that the hardcore PC community will find a way to re-write and mod this game on their own terms and for their own servers?

Heath Ledger
11-06-2009, 11:53 AM
It's a steam game it will be difficult but not impossible, my guess there will be hordes trying to piss off IW over this so its likely

Cry Havoc
11-06-2009, 12:40 PM
I saw that.

Here's my question for the PC community (and I know nothing about programming or pc gaming, so forgive me if it's naive):

Won't some crazy programmer just tear apart the source code for mw2 and release some underground patch or user dev kit or something that would allow people to do whatever they want? Obviously without Activision or IW's consent, but is it not conceivable that the hardcore PC community will find a way to re-write and mod this game on their own terms and for their own servers?

That's definitely what's going to happen. However, as with all things cracked and hacked... it's probably going to be a little buggy. Mostly what will stop it from proliferating is the acceptance rate. If someone really gets on the ball and goes out of their way from day ONE to get recognized as the group that made the game open to custom content, it could take off. Otherwise, projects like that are going to struggle to find solidarity and acceptance as hackers compete with one another to see who can write the cleanest/most encompassing code and get recognized.

It's probably going to happen, though. I might just torrent Mw2 to see if I can get ahold of one of the open mods when they are released. I will NEVER pay money for this game.

leemajors
11-06-2009, 12:51 PM
I would also imagine that Carmack will not be averse to modding at all, but I don't know how that would or would not relate to dedicated servers or not. The IW guys are averse to that as well. I guess this is probably a consequence of taking dedicated servers for granted, but it still sucks. Lack of modding in Rage probably has more to do with the amount of computing power it would take to re-render the megatextures used in the game, which could cause mods to take forever to compile. It's just that the lack of modding ability for a PC game dramatically reduces the overall shelf life of the game - standard game modes usually get boring quickly.

MiamiHeat
11-06-2009, 01:23 PM
modding is wonderful for pc games.

don't know why they won't allow it

wasn't Counter-Strike originally a mod? It was a customer created mod for Half-Life, and you know the rest.

what about the zombie mods too? and Day of Defeat was a mod too? and all the fun CS maps like the Simpsons and de_Rats ??

that sucks

Cry Havoc
11-06-2009, 01:29 PM
modding is wonderful for pc games.

don't know why they won't allow it

wasn't Counter-Strike originally a mod? It was a customer created mod for Half-Life, and you know the rest.

what about the zombie mods too? and Day of Defeat was a mod too? and all the fun CS maps like the Simpsons and de_Rats ??

that sucks

This is pretty much why gamers are outraged. That, and the no dedicated servers means you won't be able to play with a group of people that you can get to know and chat with, which was a HUGE part of the appeal for Counterstrike, Battlefield, and MW for me. Playing with people I get to know as friends in a clan was one of the highlights of gaming for me.

DarkReign
11-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Playing with people I get to know as friends in a clan was one of the highlights of gaming for me.

Same. The 12 or so people I met at planet-soldier-of-fortune that became our clan I am still in contact with.

We went from SoF2, to CoD2, to WoW, to Warhammer (very briefly) to nothing as of now (for me anyway, no more MMOs for me).

DarkReign
11-06-2009, 01:39 PM
I saw that.

From what I understand, its already being done via the torrent leaks.

I dont know how long it will take, and CH obviously understands it more than I do, but it seems there are already teams "cracking the code", so to speak.

z0sa
11-06-2009, 01:44 PM

They probably got sick of fanboys (you) sucking their nuts all the time.

It's all the funnier now after you spent hours and tens of posts dogging Treyarch/WaW.

balli
11-06-2009, 02:27 PM
They probably got sick of fanboys (you) sucking their nuts all the time.

It's all the funnier now after you spent hours and tens of posts dogging Treyarch/WaW.
Hey, IDGAF about what IW is doing. I have no problem with playing the game IW designed for me. This changes nothing about how I feel about them as a company.

It sucks for PC's and all, but IW is still cool with this console gamer.

Höfner
11-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Hey, IDGAF about what IW is doing. I have no problem with playing the game IW designed for me. This changes nothing about how I feel about them as a company.

True.

I think PC gamers got a shit-stick, but I'm not caring much.

Cry Havoc
11-06-2009, 02:46 PM

Don't you think this reflects their attitude toward gamers in general? You really think they're looking out for console gamers if they're so willing to give the community that made them what they are the shaft?

z0sa
11-06-2009, 02:49 PM

You moron. After all that shit you spewed sucking IW's dick - What an about face. You have no standards, fanboy.

balli
11-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Don't you think this reflects their attitude toward gamers in general? You really think they're looking out for console gamers if they're so willing to give the community that made them what they are the shaft?
I think it reflects Activision's attitude towards gamers in general. If not, like I said, that sucks for the community, but it's not my community and I could really care less at the end of the day.

Call it self interested, but my only experience with IW has been on a console and given my expectations, they've never let me down.

You moron. After all that shit you spewed sucking IW's dick - What an about face. You have no standards, fanboy.
I'm not a moron. And wouldn't an 'about face' imply that I somehow turned on IW?

i have plenty of standards. Standards that pertain to my xbox 360 console and my xbox 360 games. Why the fuck should I get indignant on behalf of a platform or gaming community I have not cared about or been a part of, ever, in the past 20+ years that I've been playing video games?

Fuck, they could completely can the PC version for all I care. It has nothing to do with me at this point.

The Gemini Method
11-06-2009, 03:13 PM
It was a dick move by IW towards the PC gamers and like Cry Havoc has said; to all gamers in general. I'm a console player and I switched from PC gamer only because alot of my closest friends moved to the Live and PS3 online environment, but to do this it kinda tempers my excitement for it. With that being said, I'm still going to play it regardless of what format its on.

Cry Havoc
11-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I think it reflects Activision's attitude towards gamers in general. If not, like I said, that sucks for the community, but it's not my community and I could really care less at the end of the day.

Wow. So your policy toward Activision is, "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

Got it.

balli
11-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow. So your policy toward Activision is, "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

Got it.

As an American I pretty much say that about a lot of the corporations I buy from. With discretion, you can try to avoid such scenarios, often successfully.

You can suck it up and give in to such a sentiment, often compromising ideals for your own ultimate benefit.

Or sometimes, you can cut off your own nose. I'm not going to cut off my own nose in a losing battle with mega-conglomerate Activision. If you choose to do so on behalf of your PC community, God Bless- good luck, seriously. But why should I? They're catering to my platform of choice.

So in this instance, I'm not saying, "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

I'm saying, "Thank you sir, for delivering me the xbox 360 experience that I've been anticipating and is all I've ever wanted."

MaNuMaNiAc
11-06-2009, 07:23 PM
With all the great games that have come out practically within a month of each other, everyone is going to have to make a choice. Its not very smart of IW to make computer gamer's choice that much easier by basically telling them to go fuck themselves. Its not like they don't have games to choose from.

z0sa
11-06-2009, 07:36 PM
With all the great games that have come out practically within a month of each other, everyone is going to have to make a choice. Its not very smart of IW to make computer gamer's choice that much easier by basically telling them to go fuck themselves. Its not like they don't have games to choose from.

It's because of fanboy idiots like Ballijuana that they feel they can give a big FU to the general populace and not give a damn.

It's okay because like Ballijuana just made utmost clear, he just doesn't give a damn despite the fact he said he has higher "morals" than to buy a game like WaW that 'ripped off' CoD: 4. Like I predicted, those morals go flying out the window now.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't blame Balli. I mean, if he doesn't play PC games, then how exactly can you blame him for not caring? Its not Balli's responsability to look out for PC gamers, if he's getting what he paid for on his XBOX360, then he's fine, he's not the one being fucked over nor the one doing it. The problem lies with IW's apparent lack of loyalty to the people that made it possible for them to be so succesful. It shows disrespect and is frankly IMO horrible business practice.

MiamiHeat
11-06-2009, 07:49 PM
I am playing modern Warfare 2 right now as we speak

When you first put in the game, and it asks you to adjust brightness and all that, it says

"There are levels in the game that may offend some people. Do you wish to skip these missions?"

and then it says

"No, I am not offended"

or

"Yes, skip the missions"

z0sa
11-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't blame Balli. I mean, if he doesn't play PC games, then how exactly can you blame him for not caring? Its not Balli's responsability to look out for PC gamers, if he's getting what he paid for on his XBOX360, then he's fine, he's not the one being fucked over nor the one doing it. The problem lies with IW's apparent lack of loyalty to the people that made it possible for them to be so succesful. It shows disrespect and is frankly IMO horrible business practice.

I wouldn't blame Ballijuana either if he wasn't such a twofaced jackass

balli
11-06-2009, 08:09 PM
It's because of fanboy idiots like Ballijuana that they feel they can give a big FU to the general populace and not give a damn.

It's okay because like Ballijuana just made utmost clear, he just doesn't give a damn despite the fact he said he has higher "morals" than to buy a game like WaW that 'ripped off' CoD: 4. Like I predicted, those morals go flying out the window now.
dude, fuck you z0sa. Not give a damn? I've said repeatedly. In this thread and others that I feel for the PC community. And I really do. I'm on the record as being 100% against IW's course of action. I think it's a pretty shitty thing to do to the PC community.

But I'm not Bobby Kotick. Or some honcho at IW. Or an affected PC gamer. Or in anyway unhappy with the way the developer has treated me personally, or my platform, so far.

What do you want? Seriously, what do you want? For me to say, "Fuck IW, how dare they do that to PC gamers. I was wrong- they're shitty developers. I'm not buying this bullshit."

Well nah, I'm not going to do that. I'm going to express my sincere condolences about the decision that I didn't make and don't agree with and that doesn't affect me. And then on Monday night, I'm going to go get the 360 version of mw2 and have a hell of a lot of fun playing. In that context, I couldn't care less about the PC community. I don't know what else you want? Maybe a cure for your butthurt.

z0sa
11-06-2009, 08:25 PM
dude, fuck you z0sa.

:wakeup

What do you want? Seriously, what do you want? For me to say, "Fuck IW, how dare they do that to PC gamers. I was wrong- they're shitty developers. I'm not buying this bullshit.

Well nah, I'm not going to do that.

Of course you're not, two faced bastard.

Like I said, if you hadn't of pulled your whole "i'll never buy a treyarch game because I can't support a developer like that" shtick, then I wouldn't have thought twice about the amount of bullshit you're willing to write off concerning Infinity Ward.

As it is, you should be demanding they reinstate these options that tens of thousands of gamers want - or you're a fucking phony.

MiamiHeat
11-06-2009, 08:26 PM
btw

anyone saying they won't get this game is crazy

I have played the first 4 missions so far, and then now i am eating.

It is better than the first game, by a lot. Action packed, fun, wow.

balli
11-06-2009, 08:30 PM
btw

Props to you man. :tu Glad it's been fun.

balli
11-06-2009, 08:34 PM
then I wouldn't have thought twice about the amount of bullshit you're willing to write off concerning Infinity Ward.
Just to be clear. The amount of bullshit I'm willing to write off that has no effect on me or my game whatsoever.

As it is, you should be demanding they reinstate these options that tens of thousands of gamers want - or you're a fucking phony.
Demanding it? Okay.

I demand you, IW and Activision, reinstate these options that tens of thousands of gamers want! Do so at my bidding. Immediately. The PC community doesn't deserve this.

Happy?

Trainwreck2100
11-06-2009, 08:40 PM
btw

i fucking hate you

z0sa
11-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Just to be clear. The amount of bullshit I'm willing to write off that has no effect on me or my game whatsoever.

Demanding it? Okay.

I demand you, IW and Activision, reinstate these options that tens of thousands of gamers want! Do so at my bidding. Immediately. The PC community doesn't deserve this.

Happy?

:lmao

Whatever bro. You should have been the first one campaigning for the PC gamers' plight if you are true to your words concerning IW and developers at large.

MiamiHeat
11-06-2009, 09:00 PM
i can upload a video for you guys of a little multiplayer if you want me to, just ask

symple19
11-06-2009, 09:00 PM

negative fuckface

Höfner
11-06-2009, 09:02 PM
i can upload a video for you guys of a little multiplayer if you want me to, just ask

No one wants to see you suck ass.

symple19
11-06-2009, 09:10 PM
No one wants to see you suck ass.

rofl

MiamiHeat
11-06-2009, 10:41 PM
lmao

leemajors
11-07-2009, 08:50 AM
http://kotaku.com/5399116/a-week-in-comments

balli
11-07-2009, 09:56 AM
I just don't know what the hell the PC community wants? That Kotaku commenter called out console gamers for being apathetic about the issue. What the fuck are we supposed to do? Grab some pitchforks? Form a posse? Hold Robert Bowling hostage until IW consents on dedicated servers?

I've done all I can do. I said my condolences, signed some stupid meaningless online petition, and I've said if it were my decision, it would have been different. I'm sure that's true of many console players.

WTF more do you guys want? Seriously somebody please explain it to me. Exactly what else do you think I or any console gamer owes the PC community?

resistanze
11-07-2009, 10:10 AM
From someone who was predominantly a PC gamer (online) 'till 2007, I can empathize with PC gamers for IW's decision. It was stupid and doesn't really make sense. I don't buy IW's excuse that they wanted the experience to be "the same across all platforms," unless they're allowing console gamersto play PC gamers.

But the console versions weren't affected, as dedicated servers were never part of console version of MW. There's not much console gamers can do, I mean, unless you're expecting console gamers to boycott MW2. And that's not gonna happen. So I see where balli is coming from.

leemajors
11-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I just don't know what the hell the PC community wants? That Kotaku commenter called out console gamers for being apathetic about the issue. What the fuck are we supposed to do? Grab some pitchforks? Form a posse? Hold Robert Bowling hostage until IW consents on dedicated servers?

I've done all I can do. I said my condolences, signed some stupid meaningless online petition, and I've said if it were my decision, it would have been different. I'm sure that's true of many console players.

WTF more do you guys want? Seriously somebody please explain it to me. Exactly what else do you think I or any console gamer owes the PC community?

i just thought it was a good post. The same thing will probably happen to the console gamers at some point if the developers act like little tyrants. I don't really want anything besides some respect from developers. The IW crap is just insulting. I don't really care if they cater to console gamers, that's where their money is - just don't shit on what got you there. (not you, them being IW and their ilk)

balli
11-07-2009, 10:35 AM
i just thought it was a good post. The same thing will probably happen to the console gamers at some point if the developers act like little tyrants. I don't really want anything besides some respect from developers. The IW crap is just insulting. I don't really care if they cater to console gamers, that's where their money is - just don't shit on what got you there. (not you, them being IW and their ilk)
I agree with a lot of what he said. And I'd be lying if I didn't acknowledge the history of the PC community. As he points out, PC was the backbone of western gaming, especially for the FPS genre. And I think most gamers are appreciative of that.

This is not a good thing that's happening; I'd agree that it affects the industry as a whole. It is an insulting thing for IW to have done.

That said, the posters main concern has to do with apathy and lack of sympathy on the part of console owners. Very few console owners are happy about this, guarantee it. It's just, I've yet to see that Kotaku poster or anyone else, prescribe a reasonable course of action we could take, that would change something about the situation.

leemajors
11-07-2009, 11:18 AM
The only course of action is one that is unreasonable to you - don't support that studio. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not mad at console gamers at all. I'm just disappointed in developers like this - they take their fanbase for granted, encourage a fissure in the gaming community in general, in a crowded marketplace. Just seems like a bad way to do business long term.

MiamiHeat
11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
oh my god

the missions are amazing so far :) much better than the first game, wow

symple19
11-07-2009, 12:18 PM
What the fuck are we supposed to do? Grab some pitchforks? Form a posse? Hold Robert Bowling hostage until IW consents on dedicated servers?

This is a good start Balli.

I can help with mission planning for the Bob Bowling abduction

I'd like to introduce his extremities to my industrial sized tree shredder

symple19
11-07-2009, 12:23 PM
http://kotaku.com/5399116/a-week-in-comments

nice comments

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 12:23 PM
oh my god

the missions are amazing so far :) much better than the first game, wow

are you playing eminem in the background?

symple19
11-07-2009, 12:25 PM
The only course of action is one that is unreasonable to you - don't support that studio. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not mad at console gamers at all. I'm just disappointed in developers like this - they take their fanbase for granted, encourage a fissure in the gaming community in general, in a crowded marketplace. Just seems like a bad way to do business long term.

Has anybody seen anything come out of Treyarch during all this IW bs?

Cry Havoc
11-07-2009, 12:30 PM

I'm just going to be laughing my ass off when the karma comes around on you.

You're supporting a company that wants to fuck gamers over -- what do you think is going to be the end result of that?

You should absolutely boycott this game. But console gamers could obviously care less, so nothing is going to be done, and they're going to pay a company money to screw them over.

If you MUST have Mw2, how about not buying another IW/Activision game after this one? That would hurt their profits in long term and you still get to play that overhyped pile of gimpage.

symple19
11-07-2009, 12:35 PM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat just came out. I would post the trailer but it sucks. A viable alternative for spending your money elsewhere.

symple19
11-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Rofl, why is CuckingFunt viewing a thread about COD MW?

Zosa must be right

MiamiHeat
11-07-2009, 01:12 PM
are you playing eminem in the background?

I don't listen to rap music.

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 01:21 PM
pc gamers hypocrisy is so laughable they hold this "pc better than console for fps and you are stupid for playing it on a console cause mouse keyboard blah blah blah" holier than though mentality. And then expect console gamers to give a fuck about them when they have to deal with all the shit console gamers have put up with for years.

Cry Havoc
11-07-2009, 02:15 PM
pc gamers hypocrisy is so laughable they hold this "pc better than console for fps and you are stupid for playing it on a console cause mouse keyboard blah blah blah" holier than though mentality. And then expect console gamers to give a fuck about them when they have to deal with all the shit console gamers have put up with for years.

Apparently some people cannot tell the difference between politely disagreeing or jesting out of fun/humor, and seriously attacking someone.

It's okay. Be a little more butthurt, Trainwreck. It becomes you.

balli
11-07-2009, 03:22 PM
You should absolutely boycott this game.
GMAFB dude. Seriously, if that's your attitude- get fucked.

Your community can fight (and lose) it's own battles.

360 owners should boycott a game because the publisher took away the PC modification features??? Yeah fucking right. LMFAO at the suggestion. It's almost insulting; it's so dumb and selfish that you'd ask people to do that. And then ostensibly, talk shit to them when they don't. Who the fuck do you think you are to ask that of someone else? Get over yourself.

Cry Havoc
11-07-2009, 04:02 PM

360 owners should boycott a game because the publisher took away the PC modification features??? Yeah fucking right. LMFAO at the suggestion. It's almost insulting; it's so dumb and selfish that you'd ask people to do that. And then ostensibly, talk shit to them when they don't. Who the fuck do you think you are to ask that of someone else? Get over yourself.

I'm just telling you the ideal action that gamers should take. Do you think Activision is going to pass on the chance to fuck console gamers in the future? It's a nasty company that is openly, actively out to "take the fun out of video games", and you're lining up to feed them.

I don't expect you to boycott MW2. That's why my other suggestion was to stop buying their games after this title. But that probably won't happen either. You are the one who ASKED people on this thread what you can do. I offer a suggestion, and you flip out. Hilarious.

The trash talking started when attitudes consistent with the perceived norm of 360 gamers began, in all of it's immature, "neener neener" glory.

Bitch a little bit more please. It becomes you as well. And if you really think that supporting a company that's actively seeking to destroy gaming as we know it won't come back to haunt you, well, have at it! Enjoy your game.

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Activision will gladly fuck over gamers for $$$

Hell EA fucked over football gamers when they signed the NFL exclusivity deal because the 2k series was a far superior product. People were pissed when that happened and EA is laughing its way to the bank

Cry Havoc
11-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Activision will gladly fuck over gamers for $$$

Hell EA fucked over football gamers when they signed the NFL exclusivity deal because the 2k series was a far superior product. People were pissed when that happened and EA is laughing its way to the bank

There were/are no other football "simulations" that you can buy aside from Madden.

There are dozens of other quality first-person shooters.

Not saying you're wrong, in all likelihood you will be completely correct. But it would be awesome to see a fledgling company develop a killer FPS for PC which eventually migrates to the consoles that could challenge the MW series, all because PC gamers refused en masse to buy this game. And before you say, "Impossible", think about how Counterstrike emerged as a shooter to overtake even the vaunted Quake series for FPS supremacy.

z0sa
11-07-2009, 04:44 PM

Herein lies the problem.

Not that long ago, say 3 months, you were just raving about how lazy and stupid and anti-"good for gaming" Treyarch is while constantly propping up IW and how they were the opposite and so great, now when they completely fuck half their fanbase over with ridiculous omissions everyone woudl be happier with, it takes several people calling you out for you to even begin holding a similar attitude.

I told you back then that you would only care about the morals of the developer when it fit your present needs.

Two faced bastard

balli
11-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Activision sucks ass. Nobody disputes that.

But you don't want to support Activision? You might as well stop playing videogames.

z0sa, you can suck these gigantic nuts of mine. Or stop talking entirely. But quit being such an infected dick hole.

Though I think less of IW because of this. lol Treyarch, a million times over. We wouldn't even be having this conversation about WaW, as it's a piece of shit that nobody cares about even a 1/16 as much. My beef with Treyarch has a lot more to do with their lack of talent than it does with their business practices.

Quite frankly, IW's busness practices are awesome, for me. Host migration FTW!!! The console experience got even better. :tu IW. Thanks for being so considerate of your console consumer's wishes.

Höfner
11-07-2009, 05:08 PM
It is a reasonable debate.

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2009, 11:03 PM
NI3dcUD-AFg

here it is again with better quality and in english

MiamiHeat
11-08-2009, 01:15 AM
i could make videos too lol

resistanze
11-08-2009, 11:18 AM
but you can't warm up a motherfucking pizza.

balli
11-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't expect you to boycott MW2. That's why my other suggestion was to stop buying their games after this title. But that probably won't happen either. You are the one who ASKED people on this thread what you can do. I offer a suggestion, and you flip out.
True enough. I asked for 'reasonable' suggestions, decided the boycott idea was entirely unreasonable, got offended by it, and stopped reading before I finished your post. My bad.

And if you really think that supporting a company that's actively seeking to destroy gaming as we know it won't come back to haunt you, well, have at it!
I'm sure it will. As console owners we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

iggypop123
11-08-2009, 03:49 PM
i thought the controversy was over the civilian terrorism mission?

velik_m
11-09-2009, 03:37 AM
http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php/Modern-Warfare-2-PC-release-start-errors

symple19
11-09-2009, 05:35 AM

Rofl

Won't have to worry about this myself...

DarkReign
11-09-2009, 01:30 PM

Not a chance.

Cry Havoc
11-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Wow.

Höfner
11-09-2009, 09:49 PM
I must admit I'm disappointed they didn't do any sort of terrorist zombie/horde mode. It's just ridiculously stupid and closed minded to not have some free-fire aiming mode against a source of infinite personnel and evil.

There's basically an infinite amount of ideas one could put into such a mode, customize which guns they have if any, etc

Trainwreck2100
11-10-2009, 07:26 AM
I have to wait two years to fuck up Russia :bang

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 10:29 AM
got the game at midnight and its fucking bad ass. played on live till 3 and now im fucking tired. The customized kill streak perks after you reach level 10 is bad ass.

Heath Ledger
11-10-2009, 10:50 AM
So much for them resetting the stats. I went and got the game this morning and I'm still a level 30.

Höfner
11-10-2009, 10:59 AM
got the game at midnight and its fucking bad ass. played on live till 3 and now im fucking tired. The customized kill streak perks after you reach level 10 is bad ass.

As did I. Game fucking rules.

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 11:28 AM
As did I. Game fucking rules.

yeah man I told myself I wasnt going to play it last night cause I have to be at work at 7. I got home around 1:15 and popped the game in and got party invites galore and I said ok maybe on game.....SHIT!!!! As bad ass as it was I couldnt stop.

The Gemini Method
11-10-2009, 12:23 PM
This game...wow...went to the release party at the local EB Games where I had it reserved and paid off at, and it was madness. I ended up meeting a cute gaming girl and so now we're going to go out sometime after the euphoria of the game wears off...just kidding...she's coming to watch the Pacquiao fight with me on Saturday night. So it was a cool win-win situation for me. I got to smash on her in MW2 and still she's cool about it. Oh yeah, the game was worth the fucking wait...

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 12:36 PM
This game...wow...went to the release party at the local EB Games where I had it reserved and paid off at, and it was madness. I ended up meeting a cute gaming girl and so now we're going to go out sometime after the euphoria of the game wears off...just kidding...she's coming to watch the Pacquiao fight with me on Saturday night. So it was a cool win-win situation for me. I got to smash on her in MW2 and still she's cool about it. Oh yeah, the game was worth the fucking wait...

Good job man, gamer chicks are the best cause they will let you bang em them then pick up the controller and go to battle with you. Back in my Halo2 days I played in Tournaments with girls and they were cute and fucking good at the game. Good thing I was a beast and didnt get my ass kicked by them lol. I love your title, too bad they broke up.....great fucking band.

The Gemini Method
11-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah...it was a pretty good night for me to say the least...

I didn't even know it was a band, ATrain. I took the sn from a term given to this form of torture the DeMeo Crew used for the Gambino family back in the 70's...I guess i'll have to check the band out. Thanks for the info...

Oh yeah, the care package drops are just plain awesome...

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah...it was a pretty good night for me to say the least...

I didn't even know it was a band, ATrain. I took the sn from a term given to this form of torture the DeMeo Crew used for the Gambino family back in the 70's...I guess i'll have to check the band out. Thanks for the info...

Oh yeah, the care package drops are just plain awesome...

I love how you dont have to carry a stupid pistol anymore and now I can have a rocket on top of my tubes, and grenades. Also picking up amo like extra tubes is the shit. I hate noob tubes but everyone is using them i will too. Yeah dude they are a band, check em out. I think im going to take out the care package though cause they other team can take em over or one of your teamates can and that sucks lol.

The Gemini Method
11-10-2009, 01:34 PM
The Machine Pistol is highly effective from medium range in. I equipped that with the SCAR-h and I'm set. I just got the red dot scope with the SCAR and was doing okay with it. The noob tubing is too accurate though, and I hate when people rely on that. But, its part of the game...I got my first throwing knife kill, too...I was purely enjoying that shit.

I don't mind someone picking up the care packages I earn...especially if it helps my side catch-up, but I see what you mean. Last night one of my care packages gave us a Stealth B. attack, so I let a teammate of mine that had a 15-kill streak going to use it and he got three more. I think he topped out at 20, but we were aiming for the TacNuke...

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
The Machine Pistol is highly effective from medium range in. I equipped that with the SCAR-h and I'm set. I just got the red dot scope with the SCAR and was doing okay with it. The noob tubing is too accurate though, and I hate when people rely on that. But, its part of the game...I got my first throwing knife kill, too...I was purely enjoying that shit.

I don't mind someone picking up the care packages I earn...especially if it helps my side catch-up, but I see what you mean. Last night one of my care packages gave us a Stealth B. attack, so I let a teammate of mine that had a 15-kill streak going to use it and he got three more. I think he topped out at 20, but we were aiming for the TacNuke...

Yeah the throwing knifes was fun but takes more skill. Yeah the tubes is part of it but im going to keep a class on till I unlock some more things. I really want to see that nuke, have you seen it? Good idea on giving the care package to someone that is on a streak especially if its like an airstrike or chopper. What does the Stealth B do? Can someone post the kill streak perks on here, I havent unlocked any thing being a level 11.

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 01:48 PM
What does the EMP do?

The Gemini Method
11-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm at level 11 right now and that was after only a couple hours of play, so it seems easier to level up in the early part of the game.

I haven't seen the nuke, but a friend of mine said he was in a match where the guy was at a 23 killstreak and he tried to avoid a grenade and ended up falling off the map on Highrise, so I personally haven't heard of anyone who've seen it/achieved it

The stealth bomber does a carpetbomb attack where it concetrates a heavy unloading of bombs in one area. I've gotten it three times and have came out with at least one kill per airstrike. It's really limited, but if you're playing on a smallish map like Highrise and whatnot, it can be effective.

The Gemini Method
11-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I think that's Electronic Magnetic Pulse and it disrupts the UAV of your opponent...I dunno. I normally take time to learn a game, but in this case I just rushed it in the 360 and just played.

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I think that's Electronic Magnetic Pulse and it disrupts the UAV of your opponent...I dunno. I normally take time to learn a game, but in this case I just rushed it in the 360 and just played.

well ive seen the counter UAV which makes your uav all static. What about the emergency airdrop?

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 02:03 PM
found this online

EMP Description: Electromagnetic pulse or EMP for short. Temporarily disables enemy electronics like the Thermal Scope, Red Dot Sight, etc.

The EMP also stops the enemy from using killsreaks and at the same time drops down any helicopters and aircrafts that are in the air. You can use the EMP to stop the Tactical Nuke.

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 02:03 PM
WOW :wow

Tactical Nuke Description: Gives you and your team an instant win. The Tactical Nuke ends the match with a bang by killing everyone on the map.

:lmao:lmao

that shit is funny cause if your team is losing you can still win

The Gemini Method
11-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah, that is insane! You could be down like, 50 kills to 15 kills and somehow someone goes on a 25-killstreak on the losing team and voila--the game is done haha.

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah, that is insane! You could be down like, 50 kills to 15 kills and somehow someone goes on a 25-killstreak on the losing team and voila--the game is done haha.

Yeah for real but then again I think if you can get a 25 kill streak you earned it. I got over 25 in cod4 a few times but I wouldnt say I did it 10 times or nothing. 29 was my highest kill streak.

Heath Ledger
11-10-2009, 02:19 PM
The nuke is pretty much a dud, no big deal other than it ends the game.

The Gemini Method
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
I never went over 23 for my highest kill streak in the first Modern Warfare game. I usually served as the guy that would be sent out to flank a position or something like that lol, so by the time I'd make it to the area in question, they'd have re-spawned and it would be 6-on-1 or I would get fortunate and catch them slippin' and get off 4-5 kills before they realized I was behind them and i'd get smoked.

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
The nuke is pretty much a dud, no big deal other than it ends the game.

have you seen it yet?

The Gemini Method
11-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Even if he's seen it, he's wrong. It means something to the guy/girl who achieves it. 25 in a row is a pretty hard thing to do when everything is chaotic.

Trainwreck2100
11-10-2009, 02:29 PM
What does the EMP do?

I see somebody hasn't played the single player

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I never went over 23 for my highest kill streak in the first Modern Warfare game. I usually served as the guy that would be sent out to flank a position or something like that lol, so by the time I'd make it to the area in question, they'd have re-spawned and it would be 6-on-1 or I would get fortunate and catch them slippin' and get off 4-5 kills before they realized I was behind them and i'd get smoked.

yeah the way I play I dont get streaks like that but I do at times camp and own but with my friends they count on me to go in blazing.

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 02:31 PM
I see somebody hasn't played the single player

nah man prob wont touch that till this coming weekend.

Heath Ledger
11-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Yes I've seen it. Ive done it already.

Trainwreck2100
11-10-2009, 03:55 PM
nah man prob wont touch that till this coming weekend.

its fuckin sick

ATRAIN
11-10-2009, 04:00 PM
its fuckin sick

are the achievements co-op?

Trainwreck2100
11-10-2009, 04:25 PM
are the achievements co-op?

the game's not coop

Special ops is coop and kill achievements are for special op and single player. the level one's you have to do on your own

resistanze
11-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Just picked up my copy on my way home from EB games. Gonna put some hours in right now!