PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Lakers a good team?

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 12:38 AM
IMHO it is their interior passing. They are really good at that. It generates a lot of easy points for Gasol, Odom, and Bynum.

Teams need to figure out how to defend against it. I think that if it can be figured out, then the Lakers become a normal team.

What do you all think?

PGDynasty24
10-28-2009, 12:47 AM
a normal team? lol

Ditty
10-28-2009, 12:48 AM
lakerluva and culburn having a orgaism in 3.....2.....1

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 12:49 AM
Lakers are too big. They can score inside, dominate at rebounding, and yeah they have Kobe and Phil as well.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 12:51 AM
The longer Kobe plays the less real competition he faces. And you know what? That fucker knows it.

LA24
10-28-2009, 12:53 AM
It's not that the Lakers are a good team, it's just that the other teams aren't that good. We just suck less that's all.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 12:55 AM
It's not that the Lakers are a good team, it's just that the other teams aren't that good. We just suck less that's all.

Exactly. They're three teams in the whole f'in mess: Lakers, Celtics and Spurs, and even the Spurs are going to have to show it. Nobody gave two good shits about Dick till he landed there. Duncan is inert and Manu may be compromised.

iggypop123
10-28-2009, 12:56 AM
yeah just like damn that pick and roll. if somebody could figure it out the game would stop using it...

mardigan
10-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Good coaching, best player in the league, huge line-up thats tough to match up with, great bench. Thats why I think they are great.

Trainwreck2100

That's true look for the the nba to be like the NFL this year, a few elite teams, a bunch of mediocre teams, and alot of really really bad teams. The parity is gone this year.

dirk4mvp
lakerluva and culburn having a orgaism in 3.....2.....1

lakaluva has to have the orgasm first, then culburn comes to lap it up.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 12:58 AM
You think Kobe saw Lebrons stats tonight?

tee, hee.

And I swear that one rebound late for Bynum. That SOB held it for a moment and looked toward the scorer's table. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xellos88330
Exactly. They're three teams in the whole f'in mess: Lakers, Celtics and Spurs, and even the Spurs are going to have to show it. Nobody gave two good shits about Dick till he landed there. Duncan is inert and Manu may be compromised.

Manu I can understand criticism. As far as Timmy is concerned there is no way he can be inert. Tell you what, if Timmy is inert, does that mean that Bynum is a dud as well? I didn't see Bynum averaging 19/10.

Culburn369
lakaluva has to have the orgasm first, then culburn comes to lap it up.

Poor dirk4. Hey! You still beat the Spurs a few months back, sweetheart.

tee, hee.

TheMACHINE
10-28-2009, 12:59 AM
just wait till we get Mayo for Sasha

dirk4mvp
10-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Poor dirk4. Hey! You still beat the Spurs a few months back, sweetheart.

tee, hee.

Just admit you're in love with the guy.

dirk4mvp
10-28-2009, 01:00 AM
just wait till we get Mayo for Sasha

I've already got my purple and gold Mayo jersey preordered :toast

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Manu I can understand criticism. As far as Timmy is concerned there is no way he can be inert. Tell you what, if Timmy is inert, does that mean that Bynum is a dud as well? I didn't see Bynum averaging 19/10.

X man, not everything is numbers. Duncan is very decrepit.

BlackSwordsMan
10-28-2009, 01:01 AM
spurs :lol:lmao:rollin

dirk4mvp
10-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Arent you salty tonight. I know your team sucked ass but he Cavs stole the Suck Major Ass award from you guys.

No way, we got it locked up. We lost to the Wizards without Jamison, at least the Cavs lost to somebody.

dirk4mvp
10-28-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey Dirk, do you like the rings we got today?

I went and got a kfc bowl when the ceremony came on, didn't see it.

LA24
10-28-2009, 01:02 AM
at least the Cavs lost to somebody.

Don't worry, you'll get that chance Friday.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Just admit you're in love with the guy.

Sure, he's my mentor.

Our Number One.

You guys would have someone similar to Luva if you hadn't porked the pooch three summers & a lifetime ago.

dirk4mvp
Don't worry, you'll get that chance Friday.

Who's this fuckstick?

nvmd - you actually joined before the Gasol trade. Props.

Trainwreck2100
Arent you salty tonight..

Did you really use salty in response to a jizz joke?

xellos88330
X man, not everything is numbers. Duncan is very decrepit.

Ok, Duncan is decrepit because he is old? Bynum is young and has had more injuries than Duncan has already.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Ok, Duncan is decrepit because he is old? Bynum is young and has had more injuries than Duncan has already.

But, Bynum moves, he's mobile. Duncan just kinda takes root now, like a cactus.

LA24
10-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Who's this fuckstick?

nvmd - you actually joined before the Gasol trade. Props.

Yup I was here backing up Kwame Brown. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
10-28-2009, 01:09 AM
IMHO it is their interior passing. They are really good at that. It generates a lot of easy points for Gasol, Odom, and Bynum.

Teams need to figure out how to defend against it. I think that if it can be figured out, then the Lakers become a normal team.

What do you all think?

Because they have alot of good players and arguably the best coach of all time.
Kobe is kobe, they got lucky in the draft with Bitch ass Bynum, Derek Fisher is one of the clutchest players still in the game, got perrennial underachiever but long Lamar Odom who can flourish only when surrounded by a shitload of talent, and to cap it all off they successfully cheated in front of everyone's face and stole a franchise-center in Pau Gasol, just because Kobe was too much of a bitch to try and win it otherwise. Then they added Ron Artest.

They are unbelievably stacked.
Theres really not much to overthink here.

Jordan would have won five world series if his nba team had that kind of talent.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 01:11 AM
But, Bynum moves, he's mobile. Duncan just kinda takes root now, like a cactus.

He didn't really look mobile to me. His brace seems to be affecting it.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Odom picked up right where he left off in the Finals. Must be the Artest factor.

Buss is a gd genius.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Odom was picked up right where he left off in the Finals. Must be the Artest factor.

Buss is a gd genius.

No I don't think that is what it is.

I think Khloe must have a mouth like a Hoover vac. :lol

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:15 AM
He didn't really look mobile to me. His brace seems to be affecting it.

Just let Duncan know that there is nothing in the rule book stating a player can't separate from the floor.

Trainwreck2100
Yes, but I'm a little clueless, does salty and jizz have something in common??? If so, please enlighten me.:toast

ask culburn when he's through with you

hook..............line.............sinker

Spursfan092120
The Lakers are a good team because of a lot of things. But let's not get excited..it's game one of the season...and you beat the Clippers....and you beat them by 7...let's not pull out the 09-10 LOB quite yet.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:17 AM
ask culburn when he's through with you

hook..............line.............sinker

Wreck, stoopin' to the juvenile litany. You poor thing, you.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 01:23 AM
The Lakers are a good team because of a lot of things. But let's not get excited..it's game one of the season...and you beat the Clippers....and you beat them by 7...let's not pull out the 09-10 LOB quite yet.

I really hope you aren't implying that I am a Lakers fan. :nope

Trainwreck2100
10-28-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm asking you? You said it was salty, and I wanted to know how do you know jizz is salty?

I know you're only 16, but you ain't never talked to teh bitches about this shit. They dont like it, its salty, I mean its rumored you can make it taste sweeter but you have to eat like 20 pineapples

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:26 AM
There never was any need to get Pau Gasol, the Lakers already had Marc Gasol. The Pau trade messed up the Lakers in the long run.

Bynum/Lamar/Artest/Kobe/Brown

off the bench

Marc Gasol/Fisher/Machine/Farmar/Powell/Luke/mBenga

Lakers would have been far better off not getting Pau Gasol...they would have had $12 million extra in Cap Space to pick up a FA and still would have had Marc Gasol.

2Cleva
10-28-2009, 01:28 AM
There never was any need to get Pau Gasol, the Lakers already had Marc Gasol. The Pau trade messed up the Lakers in the long run.

off the bench

Lakers would have been far better off not getting Pau Gasol...they would have had $12 million extra in Cap Space to pick up a FA and still would have had Marc Gasol.

Stop.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:29 AM
I just wonder if Memphis insisted on Marc Gasol, or, that was our idea? I'd love to have both brothers and a sent Walton instead.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Stop.

Why? Marc Gasol will be a better player than Pau Gasol at $13 million less.

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 01:30 AM

off the bench

But we'd have one less Ring. And Lamar would have commanded more money if he wasn't seen as expendable.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Just let Duncan know that there is nothing in the rule book stating a player can't separate from the floor.

If he leaves the floor it would be an unfair advantage. Wouldn't you think? :lol

The fact that Duncan never leaves the floor is part of his style. He doesn't need insane athletic abilities to be a great player. If being athletic immediately made you a good player, then why isn't James White in the NBA right now?

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 01:31 AM
I just wonder if Memphis insisted on Marc Gasol, or, that was our idea? I'd love to have both brothers and a sent Walton instead.

They insisted he was tearing it up in Spain.

Trainwreck2100
10-28-2009, 01:31 AM
:lmao

You tool. Calling me 16, so I'm assuming you are a grown man. What grown man inquires to women how jizz taste? And who the fuck has time to eat 20 pineapples. Just drink some grapefruit or apple juice, rookie.

the last time i saw your photobucket i assumed you were 14, that was two years ago.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:32 AM
But we'd have one less Ring. And Lamar would have commanded more money if he wasn't seen as expendable.

The Lakers would have won last year with Marc Gasol.

Lamar was never expendable.

Marc Gasol THIS year, will put up Pau like numbers while playing tougher defense.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:33 AM
The Lakers would have won last year with Marc Gasol.

The NBA Title?

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm sure it wasn't Logo's idea. He was trying to stack the house.

I wished he'd a stacked us with Miller. He'd be fantastic at Staples.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:34 AM
The NBA Title?

Absolutely. I dunno if you guys watch Euro games but Marc's defense right now is much better than Pau's.

His offense is behind but he will catch up and on a stacked Lakers offense team, that's not a problem.

Spursfan092120
10-28-2009, 01:35 AM
A lot of things are going to have to go wrong for the Lakers not to win the title again. Having rookie refs was one of them.
If you think a 7 point victory over the Griffin-less Clippers assures you of winning the title this year, you've got a LONG season ahead of you...good God...it's only game 1 of the season and the fucking homers are out already.

I really hope you aren't implying that I am a Lakers fan. :nope
no way...I know you are silver and black.

Culburn369
10-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Absolutely. I dunno if you guys watch Euro games but Marc's defense right now is much better than Pau's. His offense is behind but not by that much.

Al, put the Hershey's Syrup away and go to bed.

Trainwreck2100
10-28-2009, 01:36 AM
I wished he'd a stacked us with Miller. He'd be fantastic at Staples.

Memphis wasn't getting rid of Miller without Cardinal, that's why the Mavs couldn't get him

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Al, put the Hershey's Syrup away and go to bed.

I'm tellin' yah, Marc Gasol is the one that got away.

Marc Gasol this year will be a 16 pt 10 rebound guy, for $3 million.

KSeal
10-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Stop.

I'm with you. But you gotta love Allanon for his effort :lol

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Doubt all you guys want, you'll see Marc Gasol kicking some serious ass this year, then you'll know your boy Al wuz right. :lol

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Wait...is Allonon serious or is he joking? (srs) I really do not know...I hope for his sake he is joking..

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Wait...is Allonon serious or is he joking? (srs) I really do not know...I hope for his sake he is joking..

I'm serious. I don't think you guys know how much of a baller Marc Gasol is.

What kind of stats do you guys think Marc Gasol is putting up this year? And remember, he's on a $3 million a year contract versus Pau's $15 million.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 01:41 AM
1. An aggressive and focused Lamar Odom = Danger to everyone in the NBA

2. Andrew Bynum is probably number two in the league on the "prototypical NBA center body" list. He's so close to turning the corner you have to just believe, as Lakerfan does, that it's just a matter of time. Even if he doesn't, he just has to stay on the floor to give you 13 and 8 every night.

3. Ron Artest, when focused and team-oriented, is one of the better players in this league. He's always focused and team-oriented at first, so the Lakers are going to be that much better as long as it lasts.

4. Pau Gasol is coming back.

5. Kobe Bryant's a great addition to an already great team.

That said, they didn't exactly dominate a terrible Clippers team that took stupid shots, turned the ball over, and were missing their best player. We'll see how they handle a desperate-not-to-go-oh-and-two Mavs team later this week.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 01:41 AM
no way...I know you are silver and black.

:toast

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Since when has Marc Gasol demanded double teams?

Since when has Marc Gasol OUTPLAYED D Howard in a 5 game series for a title....let alone switching and gaurding Rashard Lewis NUMEROUS times...sometimes switching and guarding both guys on one possession....

Are you serious?

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Since when has Marc Gasol demanded double teams?

Since when has Marc Gasol OUTPLAYED D Howard in a 5 game series for a title....let alone switching and gaurding Rashard Lewis NUMEROUS times...sometimes switching and guarding both guys on one possession....

Are you serious?

Yes, I am serious. He doesn't have the experience as Pau does, but he has the talent and skill and is already a better defender than Pau.

What kind of stats will Marc Gasol put up this year in your estimate?

Def Rowe
10-28-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm tellin' yah, Marc Gasol is the one that got away.

Marc Gasol this year will be a 16 pt 10 rebound guy, for $3 million.

I agree with this. It's not unthinkable that the Lakers would still be a championship caliber team with Marc at C/PF instead of Pau. Just look at his numbers this season.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Mavs aint got a shot in hell at beating us.

Maybe not in hell. The Mavs fans could be praying alot more.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Mavs aint got a shot in hell at beating us.

:lol Yeah okay. That scintillating single-digit win against a Griffin-less Clippers team sure made a statement, huh? The Lakers own the Mavericks at Staples, so there's really no excuse for them to lose. There was really no excuse not to beat the Clips by 20 either.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Yes, I am serious. He doesn't have the experience as Pau does, but he has the talent and skill and is already a better defender than Pau.

What kind of stats will Marc Gasol put up this year in your estimate?

Pau is an amazing finisher at the rim. He's got good hands and always keeps the ball up high. He's tailor made for the Lakers.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 01:51 AM
I don't care about numbers. Marc Gasol does not DEMAND a double team. Marc Gasol is not the low post option Pau is....or will ever be. Pau is the best low post scorer in the game right now.

All - my god....wtf are you smoking

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 01:52 AM
We were sleep walking against our cousins. No need to embarrass them. We'll save that for the Mavs.

Yeah, sleep walking against a crap team is a good sign on opening night. :lol

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 01:52 AM
I like Marc as much as the next guy, but hard to say if we would have won last year with him. And yes Gasol's addition made Lamar expendable. He's a nice luxury but still expendable. I'd much rather have Pau then Lamar.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 01:53 AM
Something sure woke Lamar up this summer. Maybe the Mavs should get Erick Dampier some chunky rich white poontang.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:54 AM
Pau is an amazing finisher at the rim. He's got good hands and always keeps the ball up high. He's tailor made for the Lakers.

The Lakers have a logjam because of Pau. Lamar Odom could just as well replace Pau at the Power Forward position.

Bynum/Lamar/Artest/Kobe/Fish would have made a fearsome starting lineup.

And as a bench Center, Marc Gasol would have been the best backup Center in the NBA. 2 years from now, the Lakers would have had 2 of the best 3 Centers in the West on their team. And Marc's only 23 compared to Pau who is 30.

And Marc's making only $3 million, the Lakers would have been able to pick up a $10 million player as well.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:03 AM
WOW...hes serious

Last year with Marc Gasol and without Pau...when Drew goes down the Lakers fall to maybe 4th or 5th seed in the west.

Their lineup would have been:

Fish
Kobe
Ariza
LO
M. Gasol

Much better than the dark years....but does that lineup get past Denver WITHOUT HCA?

Kobe would have to circa Kobe 2007 for that to happen...

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:05 AM
I don't care about numbers. Marc Gasol does not DEMAND a double team. Marc Gasol is not the low post option Pau is....or will ever be. Pau is the best low post scorer in the game right now.

All - my god....wtf are you smoking

Obviously, you haven't watched Marc play in the post. You didn't see him work both LeBron and Dwight in the Olympics.

Wait and see, you'll find that Marc Gasol is more than a capable scorer from 3 pt range on in. And he already is a better defender than Pau.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:07 AM
WOW...hes serious

Last year with Marc Gasol and without Pau...when Drew goes down the Lakers fall to maybe 4th or 5th seed in the west.

Their lineup would have been:

Fish
Kobe
Ariza
LO
M. Gasol

Much better than the dark years....but does that lineup get past Denver WITHOUT HCA?

Kobe would have to circa Kobe 2007 for that to happen...

Let's not forget the Lakers would have also been able to pick up a $13 million player.

Another 15 point scorer + Marc Gasol would have gotten the Lakers just as easily through the Finals.

If you think the Lakers are stacked now with Pau, imagine if they had 2 extra great players instead of just 1.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:14 AM
::facepalm::

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:14 AM
::facepalm::

Fuck you.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:16 AM
Fuck you.

:rollin:rollin

I honestly think your just trolling. Nobody could possibly believe what you are saying.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:18 AM

I honestly think your just trolling. Nobody could possibly believe what you are saying.

I dunno. The Lakers could have had 2 for the price of 1.

Top 5 West Center in Marc Gasol + another $13 million Player > Pau Gasol. Pretty compelling to me.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 02:19 AM
The Lakers have a logjam because of Pau. Lamar Odom could just as well replace Pau at the Power Forward position.

Odom has never proven to be that guy on a consistent basis, and he's never had the skillset. He's looking aggressive so far, but who knows how long that will last? In fact, who knows if he's even motivated as a Laker if Pau doesn't join the team?

Bynum/Lamar/Artest/Kobe/Fish would have made a fearsome starting lineup.
Wasn't that tonight's starting lineup?

And as a bench Center, Marc Gasol would have been the best backup Center in the NBA. 2 years from now, the Lakers would have had 2 of the best 3 Centers in the West on their team. And Marc's only 23 compared to Pau who is 30.
There's no doubt that Marc's a good player, but I'm unsure how two years from now has any bearing on the Lakers' ability to win a championship last year. He's very different from his brother and, in my opinion, isn't nearly as good a fit.

And Marc's making only $3 million, the Lakers would have been able to pick up a $10 million player as well.

Only if they wanted to go back over the luxury tax limit. Not an insane suggestion since they're about 20 million over it now if I remember correctly.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 02:21 AM
I dunno. The Lakers could have had 2 for the price of 1.

Top 5 West Center in Marc Gasol + another $13 million Player > Pau Gasol. Pretty compelling to me.

Okay two posts ago when the Lakers were 4 million under the lux tax, you were thinking about a 10 million a year player. Now it's 13? Did you get Odom to re-sign for the minimum too in this dream scenario?

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 02:22 AM

I actually think Allanon has a really good point. I don't understand how you can deny the logic.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:23 AM
Odom has never proven to be that guy on a consistent basis, and he's never had the skillset. He's looking aggressive so far, but who knows how long that will last? In fact, who knows if he's even motivated as a Laker if Pau doesn't join the team?

This is a misconception about Odom. Odom's averaged a very consisten 15ppg in 10 years in the league. He's pretty much the same as he's always been. People call him inconsistent because he doesn't live up to his All-Star potential; that doesn't mean he hasn't always been very good...just not an All-Star which he should be with his talent.

There's no doubt that Marc's a good player, but I'm unsure how two years from now has any bearing on the Lakers' ability to win a championship last year. He's very different from his brother and, in my opinion, isn't nearly as good a fit.

He isn't as good a fit as Marc but that's where Odom would have filled in. Marc would have been terrorizing bench centers. The thing is with Marc, they would have been able to afford another $13 million player. With Marc + $13 million player, I think they still would have romped through last year's weak Playoff competition.

Marc Gasol + $13 million player I think would have been more than enough help for the Lakers to have won the championship last year and for many years to come since Marc is a much younger investment.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:23 AM
I mean...Pau Gasol is the PERFECT PLAYER...THE PERFECT 4 for the triangle....how could I describe it

Its like my dick with Jessica Alba. its a perfect fit. nothing better. that is pau gasol

marc gasol? its like getting head from khloe - yes its head and its nice but damn...id rather take alba...

agreed?

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:24 AM
WHO IS THIS 13 MILLION DOLLAR PLAYER????

What free agent?

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:25 AM
Okay two posts ago when the Lakers were 4 million under the lux tax, you were thinking about a 10 million a year player. Now it's 13? Did you get Odom to re-sign for the minimum too in this dream scenario?

No, I'm thinking about the gap in payroll if the Lakers didn't take on Pau's salary. Pau makes $16 million a year so any number under $16 would be an accurate guess.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:25 AM
WHO IS THIS 13 MILLION DOLLAR PLAYER????

What free agent?

Not a free Agent, a trade. Mike Miller perhaps? Tyson Chandler? Emeka Okafur?

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 02:26 AM
He isn't as good a fit as Marc but that's where Odom would have filled in. Marc would have been terrorizing bench centers. The thing is with Marc, they would have been able to afford another $13 million player. With Marc + $13 million player, I think they still would have romped through last year's weak Playoff competition.

Marc Gasol + $13 million player I think would have been more than enough help for the Lakers to have won the championship last year and for many years to come since Marc is a much younger investment.

I've already challenged your math in that you just assume the Lakers would have gotten some other amazing player out of nowhere without having to give anything up. Then again, they did get Pau Gasol for nothing so it figures that the league would have gotten them someone.

In addition, I'm unsure how Odom becomes the replacement for Pau as though he hasn't been on the team all along. However, I don't really believe you believe this if you're defending Lamar Odom's effort or consistency.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:28 AM
I've already challenged your math in that you just assume the Lakers would have gotten some other amazing player out of nowhere without having to give anything up. Then again, they did get Pau Gasol for nothing so it figures that the league would have gotten them someone.

Exactly. Lakers got Pau for an expiring contract. Mike Miller was also available and we know Jerry West had close ties between the Lakers and the Grizzlies.

Hell even Richard Jefferson which was also a contract dump by the Nets (edit Bucks)

In addition, I'm unsure how Odom becomes the replacement for Pau as though he hasn't been on the team all along. However, I don't really believe you believe this if you're defending Lamar Odom's effort or consistency.

Odom as you said has been there all along so he's not a replacement but the natural starter as he was before Pau came.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:31 AM
I mean...Pau Gasol is the PERFECT PLAYER...THE PERFECT 4 for the triangle....how could I describe it

Its like my dick with Jessica Alba. its a perfect fit. nothing better. that is pau gasol

marc gasol? its like getting head from khloe - yes its head and its nice but damn...id rather take alba...

agreed?

Dude, I'm not going to continue arguing with another fellow Laker fan. All's good.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 02:32 AM
http://www.bing.com/visualsearch?q=NBA+players&g=nba_players&FORM=MFEVSS&PUBL=Google&CREA=userid17431afa33d1beaf928fea3b99899d810812c#s alary_2008_range=4&tc=40

This is a list of 7M-10M players. The quality of players is pretty damn good. I mean hell, Manu is even in this category.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:35 AM
http://www.bing.com/visualsearch?q=NBA+players&g=nba_players&FORM=MFEVSS&PUBL=Google&CREA=userid17431afa33d1beaf928fea3b99899d810812c#s alary_2008_range=4&tc=40

This is a list of 7M-10M players. The quality of players is pretty damn good. I mean hell, Manu is even in this category.

Thanks for looking that up Xelios, I don't think the Lakers could have pried away Manu from the Spurs; they need a dumber GM for this to work :lol

My point to you other fellows is, the Lakers could have had Marc Gasol (an almost double double man in his rookie season) + another good player for the price of Pau. I think that would have been more than enough to have gotten them a ring last year considering most of the good teams were injured.

And they would have been better setup for the long run due to Marc's much lower price tag, high skill level and young age.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 02:44 AM
Thanks for looking that up Xelios, I don't think the Lakers could have pried away Manu from the Spurs; they need a dumber GM for this to work :lol

My point to you other fellows is, the Lakers could have had Marc Gasol (an almost double double man in his rookie season) + another good player for the price of Pau. I think that would have been more than enough to have gotten them a ring last year considering most of the good teams were injured.

And they would have been better setup for the long run due to Marc's much lower price tag, high skill level and young age.

Don't forget that quite a few teams will be looking to shed some salary for the 2010 sweepstakes. I never thought the Spurs would get a player like Jefferson for expiring contracts.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:46 AM
Let's go back 2 seasons ago.

Its January 31, 2008. Mitch has his roster and is 28-16. Current roster is right around $72 million with Kwame's $9 million expiring. Your prized young starting center just went down for who knows how long. You have a nice young prospect in Critt who has shown promise but is years away from contributing. You have a center in Spain who is relatively unknown but turning some eyes of their.

Just looking at the #'s. Kwame has a $9 million expiring. Sasha had what a $2-3 mil expiring. That leaves you at about $60. Salary cap was at $71 that year.

So you think at that time...trading for Pau Gasol was a bad move.

You think at THIS time...trading for Pau was a bad move?

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Let's go back 2 seasons ago.

Its January 31, 2008. Mitch has his roster and is 28-16. Current roster is right around $72 million with Kwame's $9 million expiring. Your prized young starting center just went down for who knows how long. You have a nice young prospect in Critt who has shown promise but is years away from contributing. You have a center in Spain who is relatively unknown but turning some eyes of their.

Just looking at the #'s. Kwame has a $9 million expiring. Sasha had what a $2-3 mil expiring. That leaves you at about $60. Salary cap was at $71 that year.

So you think at that time...trading for Pau Gasol was a bad move.

You think at THIS time...trading for Pau was a bad move?

I thought at the time that trading Marc Gasol was a bad move. He was the MVP of the Spanish League and a tough big man with a 3 pt shooting touch. It won't be long before Marc surpasses Pau.

I'm happy that the Lakers got Pau, it could have been alot worse. And it did net a ring. I'm saying it could have been even better.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:49 AM

Bynum got injured. Is that team going to hold serve and keep HCA in the west last year without Pau???

How can....a LAKER fan of all people...try to discredit Pau here. It is mind boggling.

You are NUTS. Your credibility is shot. You should be fucking PINKED.

PERIOD.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:50 AM
I thought at the time that trading Marc Gasol was a bad move. He was the MVP of the Spanish League and a tough big man with a 3 pt shooting touch.

I'm happy that the Lakers got Pau, it could have been alot worse. And it did net a ring. I'm saying it could have been even better.

If I could ban you I would

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Ok...let me put it like this.

Right now....WITH Pau...the Lakers are favorites to win the next 4-5 titles...in a row....to be one of the BEST dynasties in any sport of all time..

And your going sit there and tell me it could have been BETTER with Marc Gasol

Dude......GTFO

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 02:52 AM

It's an interesting point, but let's face the reality that the Lakers were much more likely to end up with Drew Gooden or Rasho Nesterovic than with Manu. :)

Obstructed_View
10-28-2009, 02:53 AM
How can....a LAKER fan of all people...try to discredit Pau here. It is mind boggling.

Discrediting Pau's contribution builds up the Kobe-as-Jordan myth.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Bynum got injured. Is that team going to hold serve and keep HCA in the west last year without Pau???

You are NUTS. Your credibility is shot. You should be fucking PINKED.

PERIOD.

Yes. With Kobe/Lamar/Ariza/Marc + another good player like Mike Miller, Richard Jefferson, Vince Carter that would have been more than enough.

Now when I hear about homer Laker fans, I know who they're talking about. You can't see anything outside the greatness of the Lakers.

I can appreciate Pau but I also realize Marc's not far behind.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:57 AM
It's an interesting point, but let's face the reality that the Lakers were much more likely to end up with Drew Gooden or Rasho Nesterovic than with Manu. :)

Richard Jefferson was also up for sale and Vince Carter has been on sale for years.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:58 AM
Yes. With Kobe/Lamar/Ariza/Marc + another good player like Mike Miller, Richard Jefferson, Vince Carter that would have been more than enough.

Now when I hear about homer Laker fans, I know who they're talking about. You can't see anything outside the greatness of the Lakers.

I can appreciate Pau but I also realize Marc's not far behind.

K...I'm done....late

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Ok...let me put it like this.

Right now....WITH Pau...the Lakers are favorites to win the next 4-5 titles...in a row....to be one of the BEST dynasties in any sport of all time..

And your going sit there and tell me it could have been BETTER with Marc Gasol

Dude......GTFO

Marc Gasol + Vince Carter or Richard Jefferson is > Pau Gasol. PERIOD.

Bitch GTFO yourself if you can't come up with anything better than this weak shit.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Richard Jefferson was also up for sale and Vince Carter has been on sale for years.

::facepalm so hard i fucking knock myself out::

your unreal

Allanon
10-28-2009, 03:00 AM
::facepalm so hard i fucking knock myself out::

your unreal

And you're a blind homer.

milkshakeballa
god no wonder nobody takes you seriously on this site...never saw the light until tonight...

Allanon
god no wonder nobody takes you seriously on this site...never saw the light until tonight...

:lol

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 03:10 AM
And you're a blind homer.

Yep, he is definitely a blind homer. Focuses on the now and not the future.

LakeShow
10-28-2009, 09:32 AM

:lmao

TwinTowers
10-28-2009, 09:43 AM

What do you all think?

It's not only their interior passing, they have a flexibility in the frontcourt that most teams can't match. Having a player that can carry the offense if needed also helps a lot. Also let's not forget about coaching

TheMACHINE
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
when you have 4 great guys in the frontline who isnt even the #1 player on the team...it makes you go DAMN!

Venti Quattro
10-28-2009, 11:51 AM
- Very good starting lineup
- Potent bench (no, not you vujabitch)
- A good mix of bigs and athletic wingmen

Donkeybong
10-28-2009, 11:58 AM
allanon, you are retarded.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 12:07 PM
allanon, you are retarded.

Donkeybong, check back with me after you watch Marc Gasol this season. People will be debating who's better, Marc or Pau.... especially considering the $13 million price difference.

Donkeybong
10-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Waiting for a prospect like Marc Gasol to develop in the NBA while wasting Kobe's prime years is enough reason to see that trading for Pau was the right decision. Marc Gasol is going to be good, don't get me wrong, but it has yet to be seen if he will be as good as Pau. Sometimes the planets align where you have to make a move now like they did with Pau. I would have liked to keep Marc in the deal, but it didn't work out that way. But in the end, Lakers made the right move PERIOD. I don't even know why you are debating this in your warped head.

Venti Quattro
10-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Marc Gasol is going to end up in LA.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Waiting for a prospect like Marc Gasol to develop in the NBA while wasting Kobe's prime years is enough reason to see that trading for Pau was the right decision. Marc Gasol is going to be good, don't get me wrong, but it has yet to be seen if he will be as good as Pau. Sometimes the planets align where you have to make a move now like they did with Pau. I would have liked to keep Marc in the deal, but it didn't work out that way. But in the end, Lakers made the right move PERIOD.

The Lakers made the right move, but it could have been better. Marc ain't developing, he's already here. This ain't no NBA prospect that needs years to develop, he's an immediate impact player right now.

The Lakers could have gotten Marc Gasol + another good player for the price of Pau Gasol. That's 2 good players for 1 Pau Gasol.

Give me Marc Gasol + Richard Jefferson over Pau Gasol any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I don't even know why you are debating this in your warped head.

Your stupid mind can't comprehend that 2 is > 1 and you're calling me warped? :lol

LA24
10-28-2009, 02:03 PM
One thing the Pau Gasol trade did for the Lakers was seal Kobe Bryant in LA.
Had the Lakers lost in the 1st round again that year...

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:07 PM
STOP ALLANON JUST STOP!

you are like a fukin trainwreck...just stop talking

its better to keep quiet and let people THINK your a fool than to open your fukni trap and remove ALL doubt.

The Lakers are poised to win the next 4-5 championships in a row.......

IT CAN"T GET BETTER THAN THAT...PERIOD

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:11 PM
STOP ALLANON JUST STOP!

Come up with a better argument than this trash or go fuck yourself, Lakerfan.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Come up with a better argument than this trash or go fuck yourself, Lakerfan.

Read the rest of the fucking post dipshit.....

The Lakers are poised to win the next 4-5 championships in a row.......

IT CAN"T GET BETTER THAN THAT...PERIOD

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:13 PM
One thing the Pau Gasol trade did for the Lakers was seal Kobe Bryant in LA.
Had the Lakers lost in the 1st round again that year...

This part is true. Although the Lakers didn't win the Championship in '08, they at least made the Finals with Pau.

At the same time, if they had picked up somebody like Vince Carter instead of Pau, they would have made it out of the 1st round and maybe into the Finals as well. And the following year, Marc would have joined up with the Lakers.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Read the rest of the fucking post dipshit.....

Whatever Lakerfan, stroke off to your Pau poster and enjoy.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
This part is true. Although the Lakers didn't win the Championship in '08, they at least made the Finals.

At the same time, if they had picked up somebody like Vince Carter instead, they would have made it out of the 1st round and maybe into the Finals as well.

Vince Carter is a fucking choking quitting fucking LOSER.

Kobe fucking hates his guts.....

Give me another name because Carter would not have happened

Marc Gasol + ?????/ > Pau Gasol

BLACKMAMBA24
10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Kobe bryant,good passing in a good system.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Whatever Lakerfan, stroke off to your Pau poster and enjoy.

Exactly. You don't have a fuckign comeback because your argument is weak and fucking filled with holes.

Start calling your ass swiss fuckign cheese dipshit.

IT DOES NOT GET BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW you piece of shit.

Be fuckign thankful for once and stop fuckign crying....

tlongII
10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
It must suck to be a Laker fan right now. The feeling of impending doom coming from the Pacific Northwest must be unbearable.

LA24
10-28-2009, 02:23 PM
It must suck to be a Laker fan right now. The feeling of impending doom coming from the Pacific Northwest must be unbearable.

I love your sarcasm. Very clever. :lol

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Vince Carter is a fucking choking quitting fucking LOSER.

Kobe fucking hates his guts.....

Give me another name because Carter would not have happened

Marc Gasol + ?????/ > Pau Gasol

Sure, these other ones would have been good too:

Marc Gasol + Dick Jefferson
Marc Gasol + Mike Miller
Marc Gasol + Andres Nocioni
Marc Gasol + David Lee

All would have been more bang for the buck than Pau Gasol by himself.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Exactly. You don't have a fuckign comeback because your argument is weak and fucking filled with holes.

Start calling your ass swiss fuckign cheese dipshit.

IT DOES NOT GET BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW you piece of shit.

Be fuckign thankful for once and stop fuckign crying....

Hah, stupid homer Lakerfan. I just realized now you're the same Milkshakeballa that wuz getting laughed at here last season.

Wasn't it your dad that came and apologized for you or was that a different little kid? :lol

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Getting Pau was easily the right move. He's the perfect offensive player in the triangle for Kobe. A passing big man that has a nice touch from different spots on the floor, commands doubles, and makes his FT's. And he delivered with a Finals appearance followed up with a Championship. Not much more you can ask for from a player. This with injuries to Bynum 2 years in a row forcing him to play out of position as a center. With a healthy Bynum you will see just how good these two players will be. Lamar is a nice player, but not nearly the player Pau is. Coming off of the bench has made Lamar that much better of a player.

Marc Gasol is a nice player and i was shocked that he dropped all the way to the 2nd round. Most draft sites had him going to the Lakers in the first round but for whatever reason he fell to us in the second. Either amazing luck by the Lakers or a shrewd move by Mitch. Either way a great pick up. But he's a center and not a PF. The center position is already filled by Bynum. As much as I like Marc he won't be as good as Bynum. He's also not as versatile as Pau, who can slide in nicely into the center position for extended minutes. Marc will have more problems sliding into the PF position. The frontcourt of Pau-Bynum-Odom is much better then the frontcourt of Odom-Bynum-Marc.

As for the other player you are talking about which would have had to be a Kwame for somebody trade (more than likely Critt and a first included) due to the salary cap. Letting Kwame walk would not have been enough to get us under the cap (if i remember correctly) and with the whole Kobe drama the summer before it's hard to not see teams trying to fleece the Lakers in trades. It was a great trade and has produced both short and long term. If the cost for Pau was Marc then that's what it was. You have to give up something to get something. It was the perfect move at the time and produced and continues to produce. Not sure how anybody can call it anything different.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 03:09 PM
It was a good move but it could have been better. So many people talk about this imaginary lop-sided trade but was it really lop-sided?

When Marc's averaging 16-10 this year for $3 million a year and the Lakers are paying Pau $16 million for 18-10, who got the better end of the deal?

Kwame could have netted a player like Richard Jefferson while allowing the Lakers to keep Marc Gasol. If the Lakers didn't have Lamar, Pau would be the better choice. As much as I like Pau, I would much rather have a guy like RJ + Marc Gasol+Odom than just Pau+Odom.

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Of course it wasn't lopsided it was pretty much 4 1st rounders and an expiring for Pau. With one of them more then just potential. It was a good trade for Memphis. But the fact is this is still a big mans game. Marc is a center Pau is a forward. Odom is not nearly as good as Pau. Bynum is better than Marc. Moving Odom to the 6th spot is better then moving Marc there. This makes the PF/C rotation that much better. As for the other player who would have probably been a PG is hard to say without seeing who was available and matching salaries and all that. Not something I'm interested in doing. And in your equation down there at the bottom you're forgetting to add Bynum into the equation which is a main reason why the Lakers were more interested in Pau then Marc.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 03:26 PM
I understand alot of Laker fans don't like Lamar Odom and don't really give him much credit so I won't argue the point on the merits of Lamar Odom.

On inserting Bynum:

Bynum/Lamar/Marc Gasol/Richard Jefferson

Is better than

Bynum/Pau/Odom

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 03:32 PM
I understand alot of Laker fans don't like credit and don't really give him much credit so I won't argue the point on that.

On inserting Bynum:

Is better than

Bynum/Pau/Odom

Fuck...you really are retarded.

Who would we have traded to get Richard Jefferson?

Was this offer on the table?

So we should PASS up the trade with the Grizz to go after Richard FUCKING Jefferson??? Whose to say they wouldn't have demanded Marc too?

My god your a fucking troll

And btw.....

Bynum/Lamar/PAU GASOL/ Artest

would fucking murder

Bynum/Lamar/Marc Gasol/Richard FUCKING Jefferson

Allanon
10-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Fuck...you really are retarded.

Who would we have traded to get Richard Jefferson?

Kwame, Javaris Crittenton

Was this offer on the table?

Spurs got him.

So we should PASS up the trade with the Grizz to go after Richard FUCKING Jefferson??? Whose to say they wouldn't have demanded Marc too?

Kobe said it himself after seeing Marc in the Olympics...they didn't have to give up Marc Gasol and should have kept him.

"Me and Kobe were talking about it," said Jason Kidd. "He's a guy who knows how to play the game. Anyone would love to have him on their team."

My god your a fucking troll

And btw.....

Bynum/Lamar/PAU GASOL/ Artest

would fucking murder

Bynum/Lamar/Marc Gasol/Richard FUCKING Jefferson

Sorry but Bynum/Lamar/Artest/Marc Gasol/Richard Jefferson would have pwned Bynum/Lamar/Pau/Artest

5 on 4 kind of pwnage.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Kwame, Javaris Crittenton

Spurs got him.

Kobe said it himself after seeing Marc in the Olympics...they didn't have to give up Marc Gasol and should have kept him.

"Me and Kobe were talking about it," said Jason Kidd. "He's a guy who knows how to play the game. Anyone would love to have him on their team."

Sorry but Bynum/Lamar/Artest/Marc Gasol/Richard Jefferson would have pwned Bynum/Lamar/Pau/Artest

5 on 4 kind of pwnage.

Wow...now you think Artest would come here when we already have Richard Jefferson?

Fuck I'm sick of pwning your sorry ass

And the Spurs picked up Jefferson THIS PAST OFFSEASON DUMBSHIT

We picked up Pau on Feb. 1, 2008.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Can't we all just get along?

Allanon
10-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow...now you think Artest would come here when we already have Richard Jefferson?

Why not? RJ can play the 2/3 positions and Ron can play 3/4.

And the Spurs picked up Jefferson THIS PAST OFFSEASON DUMBSHIT

We picked up Pau on Feb. 1, 2008.

Who's to say the Lakers couldn't have gotten him sooner?

RJ to the Spurs was a pure salary dump.

Fuck I'm sick of pwning your sorry ass

I think you've only been pwning yourself this whole time, much like this:

Milkshakeballa "That's the ONLY problem with these Euro players coming over here...they don't know hood...don't know where the roots of basketball come from....the blacktop...these guys are SOFT as hell and its sad to watch"

Are you talking about Pau or Marc? :lmao

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 04:07 PM
I understand alot of Laker fans don't like Lamar Odom and don't really give him much credit so I won't argue the point on the merits of Lamar Odom.

On inserting Bynum:

Is better than

Bynum/Pau/Odom

I like Lamar Odom he's an excellent rebounder, a good passer, and a great team guy. What he is not is a player that commands doubles and consistent enough to be an offensive threat. At least can u admit that Pau is a much better player than Odom? And I disagree about adding Richard Jefferson would make that team better. We would lose or huge frontcourt advantage. Basketball is still a big mans game and the Pau/Bynum/Odom rotation is better then the Odom/Bynum/Marc rotation. An added wing player wouldn't be enough to offset the advantage we have. A PG maybe but hard to say who was out there at that time for Kwame.

Trainwreck2100
10-28-2009, 04:09 PM
STOP ALLANON JUST STOP!

fuck you don't you compare him to me

Allanon
10-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I like Lamar Odom he's an excellent rebounder, a good passer, and a great team guy. What he is not is a player that commands doubles and consistent enough to be an offensive threat. At least can u admit that Pau is a much better player than Odom?

I agree Pau is much better than Odom offensively. However; both Marc and Lamar are superior defenders compared to Pau. Lamar's defense is the reason why he and Kobe led the Lakers in +/- last year.

And I disagree about adding Richard Jefferson would make that team better. We would lose or huge frontcourt advantage. Basketball is still a big mans game and the Pau/Bynum/Odom rotation is better then the Odom/Bynum/Marc rotation. An added wing player wouldn't be enough to offset the advantage we have. A PG maybe but hard to say who was out there at that time for Kwame.

This is only true if Marc Gasol sucks. I think Odom/Marc/Bynum/Jefferson more than offsets Odom/Pau/Bynum.

In your estimate, what kind of numbers will Marc Gasol put up this year and what will Pau Gasol do this year?

Fpoonsie
10-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Collusion.

fuck you don't you compare him to me

:lol

Allanon
10-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Can't we all just get along?

I know what you mean. But don't say I didn't try. I tried to end this 3 pages ago but this little punk bitch wants to keep on running his mouth like diarrhea so we'll keep on going :lol

Dude, I'm not going to continue arguing with another fellow Laker fan. All's good.

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 04:29 PM
In your estimate, what kind of numbers will Marc Gasol put up this year and what will Pau Gasol do this year?

You're missing the point. Marc is a center Bynum is a Center. He would not see the floor nearly as much in LA as he does in Memphis. It's also much more difficult to slide him to the PF spot then it is to slide Pau to the Center spot. It would mess up the 3 man frontcourt rotation that is working so nice now. A fourth player would be needed to be brought in to play at the 4 for substantial minutes.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 04:31 PM
You're missing the point.

To say the least...I honestly thought he was trolling at the beginning.

I never thought it was possible for someone to be so dumb...:toast

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 04:33 PM
I agree Pau is much better than Odom offensively. However; both Marc and Lamar are superior defenders compared to Pau. Lamar's defense is the reason why he and Kobe led the Lakers in +/- last year.

Lamar played well defensively last year but to be honest he is not that much better than Pau defensively. They are different players and have different strengths defensively. Arguably very close or equal in rebounding with Lamar being more athletic for smaller PF's and Pau being bigger for more traditional ones. Marc is good defensively but he's a center and I'd rather have those minutes go to Andrew.

Donkeybong
10-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Just ignore allanon. He just wants to distinguish himself by making outlandish statements. Don't waste anymore time reading his posts.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 04:34 PM
You're missing the point. Marc is a center Bynum is a Center. He would not see the floor nearly as much in LA as he does in Memphis. It's also much more difficult to slide him to the PF spot then it is to slide Pau to the Center spot.

How is this different from what's going on now? There are 3 players now eating into 2 spots (Pau/Odom/Bynum) just like there would be the other way around (Bynum/Marc/Odom). It's 3 players sharing 2 spots any way you look at it, what's the difference?

So this really comes down to how good or sucky you think Marc will be this year. Please give me a guess on what you think Marc's numbers will be and Pau's numbers this year.

It would mess up the 3 man frontcourt rotation that is working so nice now. A fourth player would be needed to be brought in to play at the 4 for substantial minutes.

Lamar/Ron/Powell/Luke seems like a great 4 rotation not needing anything else. I'm not really sure what you mean here.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 04:37 PM
How is this different from what's going on now? There are 3 players now eating into 2 spots (Pau/Odom/Bynum) just like there would be the other way around (Bynum/Marc/Odom).

So this really comes down to how good or sucky you think Marc will be this year. Please give me a guess on what you think Marc's numbers will be and Pau's numbers this year.

Lamar/Ron/Powell/Luke seems like a great 4 rotation not needing anything else. I'm not really sure what you mean here.

RETARDED.

Ok:

Bynum - CENTER and ONLY a center
LO - PF and ONLY a PF
Pau - can play BOTH PF and C and dominate at both positions

See how that one works?

LO - PF and ONLY a PF
Marc - Is a true center. Has RARELY if ever seen time at PF. 90% of his minutes in the NBA will be at C.

UNDERSTAND DUMB SHIT?

KORI BAN THIS GUY.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 04:42 PM
RETARDED.

LO - PF and ONLY a PF
Pau - can play BOTH PF and C and dominate at both positions

See how that one works?

LO - PF and ONLY a PF
Marc - Is a true center. Has RARELY if ever seen time at PF. 90% of his minutes in the NBA will be at C.

UNDERSTAND DUMB SHIT?

KORI BAN THIS GUY.

Ok balla, obviously you only started watching the Lakers this month. Your ignorance is quite astounding :lol

First of all, Lamar played Center for the Lakers quite often last year as part of the bench.

Secondly, how does all your blather make anything different for 3 guys sharing 2 spots? Does this magically add more minutes?

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 04:44 PM
We disagree the point is Marc will have a hard time playing PF while Pau can slide between the 4 and the 5 easily. Don't you think Powell seeing less minutes is a good thing because of stacked lineup. We are better in the past (1 Ring), now, and potentially the future. It's a no brainer for me. And again you don't understand about looking at their numbers. It really has no bearing here. Marc would not get those numbers in LA because he would be playing behind Bynum. I could easily change it and say if you put Pau back in Memphis what would his numbers be as the focal point of that young team. He would get 20 and 10 easily much better than Marc would get there.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Just ignore allanon. He just wants to distinguish himself by making outlandish statements. Don't waste anymore time reading his posts.

There's plenty of blind homer Laker fans, I choose not to be one of them.

That's why I'm here at ST instead of LG.

The ignore function is in the control panel, use it fellas! :lol

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 04:46 PM
First of all, Lamar played Center for the Lakers quite often last year as part of the bench.

Ok you lost me here now. It was only in spot minutes against small teams. Nothing we will see in the playoffs. Your love for Odom has got to stop now.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 04:47 PM
We disagree the point is Marc will have a hard time playing PF while Pau can slide between the 4 and the 5 easily. Don't you think Powell seeing less minutes is a good thing because of stacked lineup. We are better in the past (1 Ring), now, and potentially the future. It's a no brainer for me. And again you don't understand about looking at their numbers. It really has no bearing here. Marc would not get those numbers in LA because he would be playing behind Bynum. I could easily change it and say if you put Pau back in Memphis what would his numbers be as the focal point of that young team. He would get 20 and 10 easily much better than Marc would get there.

Why can Pau play PF and Marc cannot?

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Have you seen them play. Marc doesn't have nearly the touch Pau does. He's a center face it. A good one but a center.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Have you seen them play. Marc doesn't have nearly the touch Pau does. He's a center face it. A good one but a center.

You haven't seen Marc this year have you?

Marc has an even better shooting touch than Pau.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Why can Pau play PF and Marc cannot?

Well fuck dipshit......

Why can fuckign Chris Paul play fuckign PG but fucking GReg Oden can't you fucking DOUCHE.

THINK ABOUT IT YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

ODOM PLAYED CENTER LAST YEAR....against the fucking warriors....

god your an idiot....you probably drive a freak xterra

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 04:53 PM

You've lost it now with that statement :lol

Allanon
10-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Well fuck dipshit......

Why can fuckign Chris Paul play fuckign PG but fucking GReg Oden can't you fucking DOUCHE.

THINK ABOUT IT YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

ODOM PLAYED CENTER LAST YEAR....against the fucking warriors....

god your an idiot....you probably drive a freak xterra

Nope you fool, watch some more basketball and get back to me. With Bynum out, Lamar teamed up with Josh Powell when Pau was resting. Lamar playing Center, Powell playing PF.

Hello, you didn't answer the question dumbshit, why can't Marc play PF?

milkshakeballa

k im convinced heres trolling

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

im done

Allanon

Again, you didn't answer the question. Why can't Marc Gasol play PF but Pau can?

Allanon
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM

You obviously haven't seen Marc Gasol shooting 3's and mid range jumpers.

xellos88330
10-28-2009, 04:59 PM
:corn:

Purple & Gold
Again, you didn't answer the question. Why can't Marc Gasol play PF but Pau can?

I already told you. But you disagree so we'll leave it at that. You think he's a better shooter then Pau and can open the key more for Bynum. Do you think he's a better passer as well?

ginobili's bald spot
We gotta stop this lakerfan on lakerfan violence.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Ok balla, obviously you only started watching the Lakers this month. Your ignorance is quite astounding :lol

Secondly, how does all your blather make anything different for 3 guys sharing 2 spots? Does this magically add more minutes?

Look dude, I see your stance on the situation but I vehemently disagree with it. Marc is a young center with a lot of potential, but we already have one of those in Andrew Bynum. Pau is one of the most skilled PF's in the league, and we got him in his prime! Look at the results since we've got him: 2 Finals appearances, 1 ring...and we are the prohibitive favorites to win it again this year, if not for the next couple. Kobe only has so many years left in his prime, so winning now is essential. Once Kobe's out of his prime we'll still have Bynum at C. Mitch made the right moves.

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 05:01 PM
seriously this Odom Marc Gasol love fest has got to stop :lmao :lmao

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 05:01 PM

i just did violent things to your sig ginob.:hat

Allanon
10-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I already told you. But you disagree so we'll leave it at that. You think he's a better shooter then Pau and can open the key more for Bynum. Do you think he's a better passer as well?

Ok, we'll agree to disagree. I think Marc Gasol can and WILL play PF. I don't understand where you guys think he can't play PF when he has PF skills more than Center skills.

I will leave my opinion for you.

The Grizzlies are building their own twin towers this year with Hasheem Thabeet and Marc Gasol. We'll be seeing Marc Gasol playing PF like his brother this year. Don't say Al didn't tell you so.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Look dude, I see your stance on the situation but I vehemently disagree with it. Marc is a young center with a lot of potential, but we already have one of those in Andrew Bynum. Pau is one of the most skilled PF's in the league, and we got him in his prime! Look at the results since we've got him: 2 Finals appearances, 1 ring...and we are the prohibitive favorites to win it again this year, if not for the next couple. Kobe only has so many years left in his prime, so winning now is essential. Once Kobe's out of his prime we'll still have Bynum at C. Mitch made the right moves.

I agree, Mitch made the right moves. Where are you disagreeing with me?

Morg1411
10-28-2009, 05:03 PM

Awwww. I'm enjoying it! :toast

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Ok, we'll agree to disagree.

I will leave my opinion for you.

The Grizzlies are building their own twin towers this year with Hasheem Thabeet and Marc Gasol. We'll be seeing Marc Gasol playing PF like his brother this year.

I'll bet my unborn child that Thabeet will be a VERY poor man's Mutombo...no offensive game what so ever. It's scary how uncoordinated he is.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 05:06 PM
I agree, Mitch made the right moves. Where are you disagreeing with me?

With the idea that we'd be better off with the other Gasol

Allanon
10-28-2009, 05:06 PM
I'll bet my unborn child that Thabeet will be a VERY poor man's Mutombo...no offensive game what so ever. It's scary how uncoordinated he is.

That's why they're doing the Twin Tower thing with Thabeet at Center and Marc at PF. This is so obvious I dunno why anybody says Marc can't play PF.

Thabeet's for defense and Marc Gasol for mid-range high post offense.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
With the idea that we'd be better off with the other Gasol

We'll agree to disagree.

You and the other 2 Lakerfans think the Lakers are better off with just Pau Gasol.

I think the Lakers would be better off with Marc Gasol and Richard Jefferson rather than just Pau Gasol. I believe 2 > 1.

We'll leave it at that cuz you're a cool dude usually.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
That's why they're doing the Twin Tower thing with Thabeet at Center and Marc at PF. This is so obvious I dunno why anybody says Marc can't play PF.

Thabeet's for defense and Marc Gasol for mid-range high post offense.

I just don't see it working dude...but hey, I guess we'll find out

dirk4mvp
10-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Thabeet is eventually gonna be one of those guys who you think twice about driving on. He's not a #2 pick, but this year's draft was pretty weak anyways.

ginobili's bald spot
10-28-2009, 05:09 PM
i just did violent things to your sig ginob.:hat

Did you enjoy staring at my name while you did it? That's why I put it there. I'm trolling peoples minds while they fap.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 05:10 PM
We'll agree to disagree.

You think the Lakers are better off with just Pau Gasol.

I think the Lakers would be better off with Marc Gasol and Richard Jefferson. I believe 2 > 1.

We'll leave it at that cuz you're a cool dude usually.

I think it's too convenient to say that one thing would have led to another (getting jefferson), but we'll never know. Agree to disagree:toast

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Did you enjoy staring at my name while you did it? That's why I put it there. I'm trolling peoples minds while they fap.

Haha

Just help me neg allanon ye?

Allanon
10-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Marc Gasol 2010 Season Opener
21 points
15 rebounds
3 blocks
$3 million

Pau Gasol 2010 Season Opener
0 points
0 rebounds
0 blocks
$16 million

xellos88330
10-29-2009, 03:38 AM
21 points
15 rebounds
3 blocks
$3 million

0 points
0 rebounds
0 blocks
$16 million

I see that you beat me too it lol!

21_Blessings
10-29-2009, 04:24 AM
lmao Allanon.

Why do you hate Pau so viciously?

xellos88330
10-29-2009, 04:31 AM
lmao Allanon.

I don't think he hates Pau. I think he believes that Pau wasn't necessarily the only 'answer' to the championship puzzle for the Lakers.

eisfeld
10-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Why they are good? Their bench does not look great on paper but that's not a problem for the Lakers. They have a great starting five, a great coach, they play defense and do not rely only on scoring and they play teamball.

There are a couple of teams who look better on paper but the Lakers are the team to beat. Should be an entertaining season watching the contenders play the Lakers... definitely looking forward to it :tu

Culburn369
10-29-2009, 10:47 AM
and do not rely only on scoring

Yep.

Mr. Body
10-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Lakers' biggest weaknesses:

1. Guarding point guards.

2. The bench.

Fisher can't control the fastest guards, and Aaron Brooks did extremely well against them in the playoffs last year. They'll continue to have trouble in this department.

Their bench may be the worst of any contender. It's really poor. Starters may have to play longer minutes in the regular season, providing wear and tear and leading to exhaustion and potential injuries. Fortunately their starters, except for Fisher, are all in their primes.

Culburn369
10-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Brooks will be a non issue. Yao, Mutombo, McGrady have all fallen and can't get up. And even if McGrady gets ups they swear up & down in Texas they're better off without him.

TheMACHINE
10-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Lakers' biggest weaknesses:

1. Guarding point guards.

2. The bench.

Fisher can't control the fastest guards, and Aaron Brooks did extremely well against them in the playoffs last year. They'll continue to have trouble in this department.

Their bench may be the worst of any contender. It's really poor. Starters may have to play longer minutes in the regular season, providing wear and tear and leading to exhaustion and potential injuries. Fortunately their starters, except for Fisher, are all in their primes.

i agree...fortunately, all the other teams have a longer list of weaknesses.

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 01:04 PM
21 points
15 rebounds
3 blocks
$3 million

0 points
0 rebounds
0 blocks
$16 million

in a 18 point loss..

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 01:07 PM
21 points
15 rebounds
3 blocks
$3 million

0 points
0 rebounds
0 blocks
$16 million

Last 2009 game:

Pau Gasol:

14 pts 15 rebs 4 blks 3 asts only 1 TO 6/9 FG while holding DHoward to 11 and 10. Pau also had 4 offensive rebounds this game.

Oh ye....after they game he raised that LOB trophy fucking cunt!

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

DeadlyDynasty
10-29-2009, 01:16 PM
in a 18 point loss..

22-pt loss actually:lol

xellos88330
10-29-2009, 01:48 PM
in a 18 point loss..

22-pt loss actually:lol

Didn't Pau still lose with those numbers when he was with the Grizzlies?

You can't really say that the Grizzlies still lost.

Allanon
10-29-2009, 02:32 PM
lmao Allanon.

Nah, I don't hate Pau at all, I'm trying to dispell this myth that Pau is the real MVP of the Lakers. I'm tired of all these stupid Lakerfans making Pau to be the real MVP of the Lakers.

The Lakers wouldn't be championship material without Pau? Pau was the saviour of the Lakers? What kind of ignorance is this?

The Lakers never needed Pau to begin with, they had Marc Gasol coming and would still be championship contenders today. These guys are trying to say Kobe/Bynum/Marc Gasol/Artest + another good player wouldn't be champions. WTF is up with dumb Lakerfan these days? They forget the Lakers already had Marc Gasol coming and would have been just fine.

Lots of Laker haters and ignorant Laker fans like MilkShakeBalla say the Lakers would not be contenders without Pau. These "Pau is God" fans should turn in their Lakerfan tags and get a Pau poster to stroke off to.

Kobe haters saying "Kobe couldn't do it without Pau" and Kobe's own Laker fanbase is just licking that shit up. Just plain Lakerfan idiocy. I even saw a thread at Lakersground that said "Pau is the MVP of the Lakers" Those idiots. :lol

Extreme disrespect to the other guys on the team like Kobe, Lamar, Bynum, Artest....these aren't scrubs that need Pau to save them.

:lobt:

Allanon
10-29-2009, 02:41 PM
in a 18 point loss..

I heard LeBron triple-doubled yesterday .....

What point are you trying to make bringing up "in a 18 point loss"?

Allanon
10-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Last 2009 game:

Pau Gasol:

14 pts 15 rebs 4 blks 3 asts only 1 TO 6/9 FG while holding DHoward to 11 and 10. Pau also had 4 offensive rebounds this game.

Oh ye....after they game he raised that LOB trophy fucking cunt!

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Look at this Lakerfan idiot, his avatar shows a picture of Kobe holding Finals MVP and at the same time says Kobe couldn't have done it without Pau.

Get rid of that picture Pau lover.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=15042&dateline=1247645618

21_Blessings
10-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Nah, I don't hate Pau at all, I'm trying to dispell this myth that Pau is the real MVP of the Lakers. I'm tired of all these stupid Lakerfans making Pau to be the real MVP of the Lakers.

Anyone that seriously argued that Pau was the Lakers MVP is a complete retard.

Marc Gasol is nowhere near Pau's level though.

Allanon
10-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Anyone that seriously argued that Pau was the Lakers MVP is a complete retard.

I'm sure you've seen those at LG.

Marc Gasol is nowhere near Pau's level though.

Although Marc is not as good yet, he also would have saved the Lakers $13 million which could have gone to another player. Plus he's 5 years younger than Pau.

And 21 points and 15 boards is very competitive with Pau.

Pau is a finesse player, Marc is a power player.

To say that the Lakers couldn't have won it all without Kobe/Lamar/Marc/Ariza/Fisher is disrespectful to the Lakers. To think Pau is this great Lakers saviour is blasphemy. To continue this myth that Kobe couldn't have done it without Pau is just plain stupid, especially coming from Laker fans.

TheManFromAcme
10-29-2009, 03:11 PM

The Lakers wouldn't be championship material without Pau? Pau was the saviour of the Lakers? What kind of ignorance is this?

The Lakers never needed Pau to begin with, they had Marc Gasol coming and would still be championship contenders today. These guys are trying to say Kobe/Bynum/Marc Gasol/Artest + another good player wouldn't be champions. WTF is up with dumb Lakerfan these days? They forget the Lakers already had Marc Gasol coming and would have been just fine.

Lots of Laker haters and ignorant Laker fans like MilkShakeBalla say the Lakers would not be contenders without Pau. These "Pau is God" fans should turn in their Lakerfan tags and get a Pau poster to stroke off to.

Kobe haters saying "Kobe couldn't do it without Pau" and Kobe's own Laker fanbase is just licking that shit up. Just plain Lakerfan idiocy. I even saw a thread at Lakersground that said "Pau is the MVP of the Lakers" Those idiots. :lol

Extreme disrespect to the other guys on the team like Kobe, Lamar, Bynum, Artest....these aren't scrubs that need Pau to save them.

:lobt:

Allanon,

See your points buddy and you make a good case but I also see Milkshakes points. I am getting in on the tail end of this topic so please bear with me.

Marc Gasol almost certainly could have been a great piece just as his brother but shouldn't something be said about "intangibles" that some people have and others don't? Marc could have been a great pick-up but would he have been a Phil "guy"?. Pau is the ultimate teammate and does what is asked of him which fits perfectly with Phils system. Not saying that Marc doesn't have that but maybe there is more to acquiring a player besides just his stats. How many times have we seen guys blossom on some teams while not producing crud on another?

I still see your points though. Just that I am in the camp that thinks the Laker FO saw things in Pau which fit perfectly well with Phils system "now". They need to win "now" and not wait for Marc to morph into what they need.

Just my opnions. :toast

Allanon
10-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Allanon,

See your points buddy and you make a good case but I also see Milkshakes points. I am getting in on the tail end of this topic so please bear with me.

Marc Gasol almost certainly could have been a great piece just as his brother but shouldn't something be said about "intangibles" that some people have and others don't? Marc could have been a great pick-up but would he have been a Phil "guy"?. Pau is the ultimate teammate and does what is asked of him which fits perfectly with Phils system. Not saying that Marc doesn't have that but maybe there is more to acquiring a player besides just his stats. How many times have we seen guys blossom on some teams while not producing crud on another?

I still see your points though. Just that I am in the camp that thinks the Laker FO saw things in Pau which fit perfectly well with Phils system "now". They need to win "now" and not wait for Marc to morph into what they need.

Just my opnions. :toast

There's always room for debate Man from Acme. I just act a like dick to people who start up with dick comments, obviously I'm not talking about you, Sir. :lol

I think several things:
1) The Lakers didn't need a 20pt player like Pau to win last year, a tough defender like Marc putting up 12/10 would have been enough.
2) In addition, they would have still had about $13 million in trade bait they could have used to pick up another player.
3) For a Lakerfan to think the Lakers wouldn't be contenders without Pau is just crazy in my mind

So with Marc Gasol + $13 million trade, I think they would have been just fine last year and for even more years to come because Marc's 24. No need for Pau to come and save the Lakers, we already have Kobe for that. :toast

Culburn369
10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
No need for Pau to come and save the Lakers, we already have Kobe for that.

But, Kobe can't save himself, must less the Lakers, Al.

Pau completed Kobe. He put him back together from a shattered state and lit the path that had gone dark on Bryant.

Allanon
10-29-2009, 03:22 PM

Pau completed Kobe. He put him back together from a shattered state and lit the path that had gone dark on Bryant.

You ain't gettin' me to argue with you Cully, I've seen how that goes...haiku and shit :lol

Culburn369
10-29-2009, 03:24 PM
You ain't gettin' me to argue with you Cully, I've seen how that goes...haiku and shit :lol

That's fine.
\
& I don't argue very well, I'll admit. You guys do a grand job of it here and I'm very impressed.

TheManFromAcme
10-29-2009, 03:28 PM
There's always room for debate Man from Acme. I just act a like dick to people who start up with dick comments, obviously I'm not talking about you, Sir. :lol

I think several things:
1) The Lakers didn't need a 20pt player like Pau to win last year, a tough defender like Marc putting up 12/10 would have been enough.
2) In addition, they would have still had about $13 million in trade bait they could have used to pick up another player.
3) For a Lakerfan to think the Lakers wouldn't be contenders without Pau is just crazy in my mind

So with Marc Gasol + $13 million trade, I think they would have been just fine last year and for even more years to come because Marc's 24. No need for Pau to come and save the Lakers, we already have Kobe for that. :toast

Valid points.

TheManFromAcme
10-29-2009, 03:31 PM

Yet another valid point.

No one man is bigger than any team (at least that's the way I was trained when I played sports).

As great as the Kobster is, I think Pau fit perfectly......and yet a part of me tells me that L.A. would have done just as well with Marc.

This is getting me dizzy....:downspin:

Goran Dragic
10-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Marc and Pau are completely different players. Since the Lakers have Bynum having Pau is a lot better since Bynum and Marc wouldn't be able to co-exist on the same court.

Allanon isn't being completely ridiculous though when he says Marc can be as good as Pau. He's still young. That trade obviously helped LA, and it's helped Memphis too. They traded an unmotivated player the fans hated, and got back a very serviceable center, two first round picks, and a player they traded to get their own 2010 pick back, which in all likelihood i a top 5 in a loaded draft.

Culburn369
10-29-2009, 03:35 PM
I still wish we could've held onto Marc, gotten Pau and shipped Walton with Brown and brought back Miller. I love Miller.

NBAfan83
10-29-2009, 03:36 PM

I think several things:

what if scenarios and justification like these are hard because lets say for example...

A+ B = 2
if we replace A with something close to A then we add A^x to denote the 13 million in trade bait you were mentioning
the equation would be

((something close to A) + A^x) + B = +/- 2 in the sense that it can be less than 2 or more than 2, but not exactly 2.

so in conclusion, sure marc gasol MIGHT BE better than pao or close to him, but he isn't, sure that 13 million trade bait might have gotten someone useful, but whose to say that person would have fit the system, learned the system, hard to say.

But what you said is a good argument in proving that pao gasol or no pao gasol, lakers would have won, but it flawed in the sense that it only works in the minds of laker fans.

21_Blessings
10-29-2009, 03:42 PM
And 21 points and 15 boards is very competitive with Pau.

Not really, no. Pau at 24 was leading a team full of roleplayers to the playoffs. Marc is like the 4th option on the Grizzlies and the team is/was lottery fodder last year.

Pau is a finesse player, Marc is a power player.

Pau is longer and has much better fundamental basketball skills. Footwork, hands, passing, IQ, post moves - advantage Pau, easy.

JustBlaze
10-29-2009, 03:48 PM
^^ not to mention much hairier(sp?)

Culburn369
10-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Footwork

Yes. Just superb.

Allanon
10-29-2009, 03:51 PM
what if scenarios and justification like these are hard because lets say for example...

A+ B = 2
if we replace A with something close to A then we add A^x to denote the 13 million in trade bait you were mentioning
the equation would be

((something close to A) + A^x) + B = +/- 2 in the sense that it can be less than 2 or more than 2, but not exactly 2.

so in conclusion, sure marc gasol MIGHT BE better than pao or close to him, but he isn't, sure that 13 million trade bait might have gotten someone useful, but whose to say that person would have fit the system, learned the system, hard to say.

But what you said is a good argument in proving that pao gasol or no pao gasol, lakers would have won, but it flawed in the sense that it only works in the minds of laker fans.

Of course these are What If situations, anything could have happened. The only thing we do know:

1) Marc Gasol just scored 21 points and picked up 15 boards....these numbers are Top 3 Center numbers
2) Marc averaged 12 points and 7 rebounds as a rookie, he was no scrub as a rookie
3) Marc makes $3 million
4) The Lakers would have had $13 million to spend still while keeping Marc Gasol

Conclusion: Kobe/Lamar/Artest/Bynum/Marc Gasol/+13 million player would have been favorites to win it again. I think even non Laker fans can appreciate how good of a lineup that is.

Allanon
10-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Not really, no. Pau at 24 was leading a team full of roleplayers to the playoffs. Marc is like the 4th option on the Grizzlies and the team is/was lottery fodder last year.

He was 4th option last year because he was a rookie, he's moving up to 2nd this year. You could tell the Grizz are making them a focal point n the game yesterday.

Pau is longer and has much better fundamental basketball skills. Footwork, hands, passing, IQ, post moves - advantage Pau, easy.

Alot of people haven't watch Marc play. He's a friggin' clone of Pau. He's behind on footwork but that's about it. He makes up for his lack of footwork with his much tougher playing attitude. You'll never hear about Marc being "soft".

I'm telling you guys, you'll be wondering which Gasol is better once you've watched Marc play a few times this year. 21pts, 15 boards, 3 blocks wasn't luck or an abberation.

DeadlyDynasty
10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Guys, what's done cannot be undone. I think all parties here bring valisdarguments to the table, but the fact remains that we have Pau instead of Marc and the results immediately paid dividends. Marc has a bright young future but Pau is in his prime and had previous playoff experience (albeit an 0-12 record, lol). Acme brought up a great point about "intangibles"--Pau fits the triangle perfectly and his interior passing is second to none. Pau IS a great player, Marc WILL be too someday.

NBAfan83
10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Of course these are What If situations, anything could have happened. The only thing we do know:

1) Marc Gasol just scored 21 points and picked up 15 boards....these numbers are Top 3 Center numbers
2) Marc averaged 12 points and 7 rebounds as a rookie, he was no scrub as a rookie
3) Marc makes $3 million
4) The Lakers would have had $13 million to spend still while keeping Marc Gasol

Conclusion: Kobe/Lamar/Artest/Bynum/Marc Gasol/+13 million player would have been favorites to win it again. I think even non Laker fans can appreciate how good of a lineup that is.

Hard to say, sure on paper that's looks good, but the lakers had karl malone, gary payton and blah blah, and on paper looked unstoppable. It's hard to base on stats what could've been.

Shaq has good numbers, but we all know clevelands gonna suck this year, see what I mean? numbers don't mean anything, anything can happen...

You'll never see sportswriter say, Put Lebron, Kobe, Dwade, PRime Shaq, Duncan in one team and we guarantee our lives and our family's lives that they'll win a ship 4 in a row. Cuz anything can happen, there are no guarantees in sports.

Allanon
10-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Hard to say, sure on paper that's looks good, but the lakers had karl malone, gary payton and blah blah, and on paper looked unstoppable. It's hard to base on stats what could've been.

Karl Malone was 40 years old when he joined the Lakers. Gary Payton was something like 36. Them was the AARP Lakers. If it were the young versions, that lineup could have gone 80-2.

Shaq has good numbers, but we all know clevelands gonna suck this year, see what I mean? numbers don't mean anything, anything can happen...

Why do you keep picking on the old fellas? Shaq's 38. Find me a lineup in their prime to make your example.

You'll never see sportswriter say, Put Lebron, Kobe, Dwade, PRime Shaq, Duncan in one team and we guarantee our lives and our family's lives that they'll win a ship 4 in a row. Cuz anything can happen, there are no guarantees in sports.

Nobody's guaranteeing anything. They would be the favorites, as I said.

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Didn't Pau still lose with those numbers when he was with the Grizzlies?

You can't really say that the Grizzlies still lost.

Umm...Pau took a team of scrubs to the playoffs and 50 win seasons 2 years in a row if I'm not mistaken???? His best player at the time was whooo... Mike Miller?!?!?!?

Do you honestly think Marc Gasol can do this??? AND THIS IS NOT A DISS TO MARC GASOL...

I'm admitting he is a solid player. But Pau wit hthe Grizzlies WAS there FRANCHISE player. He had NO HELP. AT ALL. ZERO. Do you think Marc can achieve this?

For example...put Pau on this Grizzlies team.

Conley
Mayo
Gay
Pau

I bet you this year that team will at least FIGHT and be right there for an 8th seed.

Agreed?

21_Blessings
10-29-2009, 05:53 PM
He was 4th option last year because he was a rookie, he's moving up to 2nd this year. You could tell the Grizz are making them a focal point n the game yesterday.

Hahahaha. No. Marc Gasol will never be the 2nd option on a team with three shoot first guards like Iverson, Mayo and Gay. Not to mention Randolph :lol what a disaster that team is.

I'm telling you guys, you'll be wondering which Gasol is better once you've watched Marc play a few times this year. 21pts, 15 boards, 3 blocks wasn't luck or an abberation.

One game. One game where Memphis was blown out. Marc G. won't average 11 free throws or 12 defensive boards a game. I promise.

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Look at this Lakerfan idiot, his avatar shows a picture of Kobe holding Finals MVP and at the same time says Kobe couldn't have done it without Pau.

Get rid of that picture Pau lover.

HAHAHA lets go back here

You said....

And let's examine your example.

Marc Gasol + Richard Jefferson
RJ was just traded this offseason. On Feb 1 2008, how in the hell do you know you could have traded for Richard Jefferson? Off the top of my head...the Nets weren't even in firesale mode. The ONLY reason they traded Kidd was because they got freakin Devin Harris...so your RJ scenario is MOOT and NOT VALID.

Marc Gasol + Vince Carter
Also read above. How do you know you could have gotten VC? Nets were not in firesale mode at the time. Its ALL speculation on your part. And VC is a LOSER...it is pretty much known Kobe has NO respect for VC...that guy is lazy and selfish.

And for the sake of your argument...let's say the Lakers got 1 of these players. Both guys are great scorers. Both guys really don't play a lick of D. Who else is a great wing scorer who doesn't play much D? Want a name....CARON BUTLER. What did the Lakers did with Caron Butler? They sure didn't march to the finals I will tell you that.

And Marc Gasol in 2008...

Last year...immediately after Bynum went down..the Lakers went 6-0 on a roadtrip and beat CLE and BOS back to back. Do you think WITHOUT Pau Gasol in that lineup this would be possible? Honestly...do you? When Bynum went down in 08...do you really think MG could have stepped in and helped the Lakers? Even advance past the first round?

Does anyone here think a lineup of:

Fish
Sasha
Kobe
LO
Marc Gasol

is going to beat:

The Nuggets
The Jazz
The Spurs

in the 08 playoffs? Because that was our crunchtime lineup in 08 replacing Pau with Marc....Nuggets probably...but no chance against the other 2....

AND THATS NOT A FUCKING SLIGHT TO KOBE

This is where is laughable. The Lakers ARE the favorites to win the next 4 or 5 titles. BARRING MAJOR INJURY these guys are going to experience one of the BEST dynasties in NBA HISTORY. HOW IN THE FLYING FUCK DOES IT GET BETTER THAN THAT???

And your calling ME a homer? Do you see the fucking joke in that??? YOu really think the Lakers could be better than right now??? R u fucking kidding me???? I'M BEING A HOMER????????

Saying I said Kobe can't do it without Pau?!?! What in the fuck are you talking about??? KOBE IS THE FUCKIGN BEST PLAYER TO EVER FUCKING PLAY THE GAME....BUT GOD DAMN HE NEEDS HELP TO. just because i realize how IMPORTANT Pau is and how fuckign easy he makes the game for Kobe....god damn doesnt mean I don't respect Kobe. HE WILL BE THE FIRST ONE TO TELL YOUR ASS HOW GOOD PAU IS AND HOW EASY HE MAKES LIVE FOR THE FUCKING LAKESHOW.

SO GO TAKE A FUCKING HIKE YOU FUCKIGN IDIOT

21_Blessings
10-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Calm down man. It's just the internet.

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Calm down man. It's just the internet.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/p0ke_me/no20u.jpg

Allanon
10-29-2009, 06:22 PM
HAHAHA lets go back here

You said....

And let's examine your example.

Marc Gasol + Richard Jefferson
RJ was just traded this offseason. On Feb 1 2008, how in the hell do you know you could have traded for Richard Jefferson? Off the top of my head...the Nets weren't even in firesale mode. The ONLY reason they traded Kidd was because they got freakin Devin Harris...so your RJ scenario is MOOT and NOT VALID.

The nets have gotten rid of Jason Kidd, Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson. That is a fact, the rest is your opinion.

And for the sake of your argument...let's say the Lakers got 1 of these players. Both guys are great scorers. Both guys really don't play a lick of D. Who else is a great wing scorer who doesn't play much D? Want a name....CARON BUTLER. What did the Lakers did with Caron Butler? They sure didn't march to the finals I will tell you that.

They didn't have Marc Gasol.

Last year...immediately after Bynum went down..the Lakers went 6-0 on a roadtrip and beat CLE and BOS back to back. Do you think WITHOUT Pau Gasol in that lineup this would be possible? Honestly...do you? When Bynum went down in 08...do you really think MG could have stepped in and helped the Lakers? Even advance past the first round?

In 08, the Lakers lost, and Pau/Lamar were criticized for not helping Kobe. It doesn't matter what they did in 08.

In 09, yes, Marc Gasol would have been fine. Let's not forget the only hard series the Lakers had in 09 was versus the Rockets. Every other series was pretty much, let's get this over with and move on.

Does anyone here think a lineup of:

Fish
Sasha
Kobe
LO
Marc Gasol

is going to beat:

The Nuggets
The Jazz
The Spurs

in the 08 playoffs? Because that was our crunchtime lineup in 08 replacing Pau with Marc....Nuggets probably...but no chance against the other 2....

AND THATS NOT A FUCKING SLIGHT TO KOBE[/quote]

Wow, those are real powerhouses. Yes, Marc Gasol + a $13 million player would have been plenty.

HOW IN THE FLYING FUCK DOES IT GET BETTER THAN THAT???

SO GO TAKE A FUCKING HIKE YOU FUCKIGN IDIOT

I'll just quote the important part of your message and respond to it.

You Pau lovers make me sick, Kobe's the MVP, not Pau.

Suck it Pau lover, Kobe doesn't need Shaq, he sure as hell didn't need Pau. Give him a 12/10 Big man with Lamar/Ariza/Fish and he's good to go. :lol

OceaNus
10-29-2009, 06:22 PM

3) Marc makes $3 million

Win what again? Without Pau the lakers wouldn't have won it all.

Allanon
10-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Win what again? Without Pau the lakers wouldn't have won it all.

You're saying Kobe needs Pau to win a Ring?

You're saying this lineup can't win it all?

Kobe
Lamar
Marc Gasol
Bynum
Artest
Fish
+ $13 million player
+ Bench mob

Allanon
10-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Hahahaha. No. Marc Gasol will never be the 2nd option on a team with three shoot first guards like Iverson, Mayo and Gay. Not to mention Randolph :lol what a disaster that team is.

He was pretty much the first option yesterday.

One game. One game where Memphis was blown out. Marc G. won't average 11 free throws or 12 defensive boards a game. I promise.

What do you think Marc Gasol will average this year?

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 07:07 PM
The nets have gotten rid of Jason Kidd, Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson. That is a fact, the rest is your opinion.

Pau Gasol traded: Feb. 1, 2008
Richard Jefferson traded: Jun. 26, 2008 (after Kwame expired) for Yi +
Vince Carter traded: Jun. 26, 2009

Do you see the timeline of events?? Are you really that stupid or do you need me to explain it and make you a nice timeline like in 4th grade?

They didn't have Marc Gasol.

Marc Gasol at the beginning of 2008 was in Spain. In the middle of the year was in Spain. After Bynum went down...he was in Spain. Do you think the Lakers were going to bring Marc Gasol in for the playoffs? With 0 NBA experience? Once again...are you really this dumb?

In 08, the Lakers lost, and Pau/Lamar were criticized for not helping Kobe. It doesn't matter what they did in 08.

It has EVERYTHING to do in 2008. Let's go with your argument. Bynum goes down. Lakers don't get Pau. Kidd traded for Devin Harris (wait...we should have beat this trade and gave away Drew?!?!?!). Gasol kills in Spain. Drew doesn't return. Lakers fall middle of pack in WC. Playoff lineup:

Fish
Sasha
Kobe
LO
Kwame

Lakers lose in first round...or let's be nice...in the 2nd. Kwame expires. NO CAP ROOM. No flexibility. No way of getting help short of trading LO or Drew. Next year looks bleak. Kobe is APESHIT. Kobe in 2009 is wearing a fucking Bulls jersey. Or fucking in some other city.

In 09, yes, Marc Gasol would have been fine. Let's not forget the only hard series the Lakers had in 09 was versus the Rockets. Every other series was pretty much, let's get this over with and move on.

Man...I wonder why we only had 1 difficult series. Could it be...now hear me out...could it POSSIBLY be we had a big man who put up 18,10,2 blcks, 3 asts, SHOT 58% and DEMANDED a double team EVERYTIME he touched the ball? Possibly just a little tiny tiny reason why? Don't forget absolutely DESTROYING Boozer. Absolutely shutting down the paint against the Nugs. And last but not least...shutting down and DOMINATING D Howard....WHILE ALSO getting his ass out on the wing and D'in up Rashard Lewis.
Do you honestly think Marc could do this as a rookie his first time in the playoffs? SHIT...do you honestly think Marc Gasol will EVER be able to do this in his career? YES OR NO?

Wow, those are real powerhouses. Yes, Marc Gasol + a $13 million player would have been plenty.

Look up top when those players were traded. So I don't know what this $13 mil player you speak of. Marc Gasol if he were still in the org wouldn't have even played in the fucking playoffs in 08. He was still in Spain.

You Pau lovers make me sick, Kobe's the MVP, not Pau.

Show me 1 quote of mine where I said Pau is MVP? If you do I will leave this fucking forum forever. Stop your fucking LYING dipshit.

Suck it Pau lover, Kobe doesn't need Shaq, he sure as hell didn't need Pau.

Sigh...Kobe is my favorite player. I think he is the BEST to ever play the game. With that said...

Take Shaq off the 3peat teams...the Lakers don't win ONE title...
Take Kobe off those teams...the Lakers don't win ONE title...

Give him a 12/10 Big man with Lamar/Ariza/Fish and he's good to go.

Hehe...this is fun. So replace Pau with:

Kaman
Okafor
Tyson Chandler
KRISTIC!!
Biedrins!!
Okur!!!!

They would win a title right?!?!?! :rollin:rollin:rollin

Allanon
10-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Pau Gasol traded: Feb. 1, 2008
Richard Jefferson traded: Jun. 26, 2008 (after Kwame expired) for Yi +
Vince Carter traded: Jun. 26, 2009

Do you see the timeline of events?? Are you really that stupid or do you need me to explain it and make you a nice timeline like in 4th grade?

Oh I'm sorry you are an NBA GM you know those guys couldn't have been traded before those dates? Stop with the bullshit :lol

Marc Gasol at the beginning of 2008 was in Spain. In the middle of the year was in Spain. After Bynum went down...he was in Spain. Do you think the Lakers were going to bring Marc Gasol in for the playoffs? With 0 NBA experience? Once again...are you really this dumb?

Uhmm, geez dude, obviously you don't know shit. From what I recall, the Lakers didn't do shit in '08.

It has EVERYTHING to do in 2008. Let's go with your argument. Bynum goes down. Lakers don't get Pau. Kidd traded for Devin Harris (wait...we should have beat this trade and gave away Drew?!?!?!). Gasol kills in Spain. Drew doesn't return. Lakers fall middle of pack in WC. Playoff lineup:

Fish
Sasha
Kobe
LO
Kwame

Lakers lose in first round...or let's be nice...in the 2nd. Kwame expires. NO CAP ROOM. No flexibility. No way of getting help short of trading LO or Drew. Next year looks bleak. Kobe is APESHIT. Kobe in 2009 is wearing a fucking Bulls jersey. Or fucking in some other city.

Who said anything about trading Drew. This was the Kwame trade, remember? Or are you that dumb?

Man...I wonder why we only had 1 difficult series. Could it be...now hear me out...could it POSSIBLY be we had a big man who put up 18,10,2 blcks, 3 asts, SHOT 58% and DEMANDED a double team EVERYTIME he touched the ball? Possibly just a little tiny tiny reason why? Don't forget absolutely DESTROYING Boozer. Absolutely shutting down the paint against the Nugs. And last but not least...shutting down and DOMINATING D Howard....WHILE ALSO getting his ass out on the wing and D'in up Rashard Lewis.
Do you honestly think Marc could do this as a rookie his first time in the playoffs? SHIT...do you honestly think Marc Gasol will EVER be able to do this in his career? YES OR NO?

You don't know Marc Gasol, obviously. You have this pre-conceived notion that all Euro players are soft and sad. You said this yourself, need a quote?

Look up top when those players were traded. So I don't know what this $13 mil player you speak of. Marc Gasol if he were still in the org wouldn't have even played in the fucking playoffs in 08. He was still in Spain.

Yeah, Pau sure did a great job winning the title in '08. :lol

Show me 1 quote of mine where I said Pau is MVP? If you do I will leave this fucking forum forever. Stop your fucking LYING dipshit.

You're saying Kobe can't win without Pau. I'm saying Kobe could have won it with any decent big man. Stop your fucking Pau knobin. :lol

Hehe...this is fun. So replace Pau with:

Kaman
Okafor
Tyson Chandler
KRISTIC!!
Biedrins!!
Okur!!!!

They would win a title right?!?!?! :rollin:rollin:rollin

Yes. Take your pick, any of these would do it.

Kobe/Marc Gasol/Lamar/Ariza/Fisher/Bynum/Kaman
or
Kobe/Marc Gasol/Lamar/Artest/Fisher/Bynum/Kaman

That's a championship lineup right there.

adidas11
10-29-2009, 09:33 PM
The Lakers are a good team because they have the deepest roster in the league, with a legitimate 11 man rotation.

With that depth, they have good balance at all positions.

They are basically the 2002 Sacramento Kings, with more of a killer instinct.

The one weakness that they have is they can be a little soft at times, and might not respond as well to strong physical play.

Culburn369
10-29-2009, 09:41 PM
The one weakness that they have is they can be a little soft at times, and might not respond as well to strong physical play.

Yep. And if people think Artest is the answer he ain't. He's a pussycat.

He talks as if, but, it's just that: talk. We'll need more than we've shown if it comes down to us & Boston. Perkins is a thug. He's a career away from state prison. He doesn't care. He "sees" no further than the court in which he operates. Artest cares. He "sees" everything.

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh I'm sorry you are an NBA GM you know those guys couldn't have been traded before those dates? Stop with the bullshit :lol

Haha I posted FACTS about when those players were traded. Your telling me the Lakers could have traded for either guy BEFORE they were traded for AND that we had the pieces too. And your telling me Im acting like a GM? I used facts. Your using your own speculation as the basis for your argument. LOL ... but I'm bullshitting???

Uhmm, geez dude, obviously you don't know shit. From what I recall, the Lakers didn't do shit in '08.

?? What exactly are you trying to say? You said the Lakers would be better off with not making the Pau trade. Without the Pau trade...Lakers get booted out of the first round or second round at Kobe leaves. Without the Pau trade Kboe is probably not in LA right now...

Who said anything about trading Drew. This was the Kwame trade, remember? Or are you that dumb?

With the basketball acumen you have displayed in this thread.,..I assumed you were one of the peopel that wanted to trade Drew for Kidd....

I realize who Kwame was traded for....thats the trade you didn't want to happen...

You don't know Marc Gasol, obviously. You have this pre-conceived notion that all Euro players are soft and sad. You said this yourself, need a quote?

Feel free to use a quote by me when I was trying to piss off KBP. Also..its funny your last post you accuse me of being a Pau lover and nuthugger. Yet your saying I hate Euro players. Which one is it????

Yeah, Pau sure did a great job winning the title in '08. :lol

Thank God he helped us get to the finals otherwise Kobe might be gone! Lol would Marc Gasol have helped us beat the Celtics????

You're saying Kobe can't win without Pau. I'm saying Kobe could have won it with any decent big man. Stop your fucking Pau knobin. :lol

Lying once again. I never said Kobe couldn't win without Pau. Don't know where you got that from. A line before you say I hate Euro's and won't give Marc a chance...now you say I'm on Pau's dick....:rollin:rollin

Kobe/Marc Gasol/Lamar/Ariza/Fisher/Bynum/Kaman

Nice!! Between Bynum/Gasol/Kaman/LO...they are going all get A TON of minutes and really get in the flow of the game.

Fish
Kobe
Ariza
LO
Bynum/Marc/Kaman

:rollin:rollin:rollin
Any Laker fans think this is a championship team? 2nd round...WCF on a good year...just IMO

Kobe/Marc Gasol/Lamar/Artest/Fisher/Bynum/Kaman

Samething as above. Lots of minutes going around. Though I will agree this is a much better lineup with Artest. This team could do some damage. Win a title this year?? If Bynum is healthy I give them a shot.

But like you say....Marc Gasol is going to be the best C in the league and average 55/25!!!!!!! :rollin:rollin:rollin So not much PT for Drew!

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 09:45 PM

He talks as if, but, it's just that: talk. We'll need more than we've shown if it comes down to us & Boston. Perkins is a thug. He's a career away from state prison. He doesn't care. He "sees" no further than the court in which he operates. Artest cares. He "sees" everything.

Haha...Artest is just TALK?!?!?!

LMAO

Gm's survey 09-10

Toughest player in the NBA?
1. Artest
2. Kobe

Trust me...toughness is NOT a problem with this team....

Allanon
10-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Haha I posted FACTS about when those players were traded. Your telling me the Lakers could have traded for either guy BEFORE they were traded for AND that we had the pieces too. And your telling me Im acting like a GM? I used facts. Your using your own speculation as the basis for your argument. LOL ... but I'm bullshitting???

Yes, facts but our argument is based upon a hypothetical situation. Those guys hypothetically could have been traded at any time. To say they couldn't have been, you would have had to have been their GM.

?? What exactly are you trying to say? You said the Lakers would be better off with not making the Pau trade. Without the Pau trade...Lakers get booted out of the first round or second round at Kobe leaves. Without the Pau trade Kboe is probably not in LA right now...

Again, you're trying to say Kobe can't do it without Pau. Bring in Chris Kaman instead of Kwame Brown and Kobe's getting to the WCF. Then Marc Gasol joins the next year, that's an ass-kicking squad, Kobe ain't leaving that.

With the basketball acumen you have displayed in this thread.,..I assumed you were one of the peopel that wanted to trade Drew for Kidd....

I realize who Kwame was traded for....thats the trade you didn't want to happen...

Yes, Kwame could have been traded for somebody else, it didn't have to be Pau and the Lakers still would be championship favorites today. The Lakers aren't favorites because of your boy Pau as you try to say, it's because of Kobe.

Feel free to use a quote by me when I was trying to piss off KBP. Also..its funny your last post you accuse me of being a Pau lover and nuthugger. Yet your saying I hate Euro players. Which one is it????

You're the one that's confused. You're back-pedaling, why isn't that surprising? :lol

Thank God he helped us get to the finals otherwise Kobe might be gone! Lol would Marc Gasol have helped us beat the Celtics????

Yup. Marc Gasol will never be called "soft" like Pau was against the Celtics. Marc's toughness is his main advantage over Pau.

Lying once again. I never said Kobe couldn't win without Pau. Don't know where you got that from. A line before you say I hate Euro's and won't give Marc a chance...now you say I'm on Pau's dick....:rollin:rollin

Wait, you're confusing me. Tell me. Would Kobe have won last year without Pau?

Nice!! Between Bynum/Gasol/Kaman/LO...they are going all get A TON of minutes and really get in the flow of the game.

Fish
Kobe
Ariza
LO
Bynum/Marc/Kaman

:rollin:rollin:rollin
Any Laker fans think this is a championship team? 2nd round...WCF on a good year...just IMO

It's debateable, I say it is more than enough, you say it isn't. That's fine.

Samething as above. Lots of minutes going around. Though I will agree this is a much better lineup with Artest. This team could do some damage. Win a title this year?? If Bynum is healthy I give them a shot.

But like you say....Marc Gasol is going to be the best C in the league and average 55/25!!!!!!! :rollin:rollin:rollin So not much PT for Drew!

Nah, Marc is playing PF with Bynum, not Center. Odom as usual would be brought in off the bench and sub for Marc. Kaman would sub for Bynum. That's a seriously good lineup.

You keep avoiding the question but can make up a number like 55/25?

I'll ask you again. What do you think Marc Gasol will average this year?

Afraid to answer the question I've already asked like 3 times? :lmao

Culburn369
10-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Haha...Artest is just TALK?!?!?!

LMAO

Gm's survey 09-10

Toughest player in the NBA?
1. Artest
2. Kobe

Trust me...toughness is NOT a problem with this team....

I'm not talking about that milquetoast toughness of the Western Conference. I'm talking about Boston in particular. Unless we've "evolved" I just don't see us conquering there. We've done nothing tangible. I'm not buying Artest. Sure, he's tough "off the court" and on the periferals, as well as hothead events like with Kobe there in '09 playoffs, but, he does not intimidate or impact with his "toughness."

Donkeybong
10-29-2009, 10:00 PM
milkshakeballa, dont waste your time. Allanon is just weird. Unlike most of us Laker fans, he doesn't see what Pau brought to the table. Just let him enjoy his little "what ifs".

Allanon
10-29-2009, 10:04 PM
milkshakeballa, dont waste your time. Allanon is just weird. Unlike most of us Laker fans, he doesn't see what Pau brought to the table. Just let him enjoy his little "what ifs".

Hi balla. :lol

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 10:11 PM
LOL ok Allanon...I have two questions for you and I'm done?

1) Who is the better player right now...Marc or Pau?

2) Who will be the better player for the next four years...Marc or Pau?

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 10:14 PM
And one more question..

The Lakers are PROHIBITIVE FAVORTIES for the next 4-5 years while Kobe is in his prime.....agreed?????

How could it be BETTER than that....as you say???

Allanon
10-29-2009, 10:15 PM
LOL ok Allanon...I have two questions for you and I'm done?

I agree, after these next couple of posts, I'm not responding further. I have a 10 page or less rule this year. You want to argue more, start a new thread.

I'm answering your questions with the least reply-provoking answers.

1) Who is the better player right now...Marc or Pau?

Pau

2) Who will be the better player for the next four years...Marc or Pau?

Marc

Allanon
10-29-2009, 10:16 PM
And one more question..

The Lakers are PROHIBITIVE FAVORTIES for the next 4-5 years while Kobe is in his prime.....agreed?????

Agreed.

I'm not going to answer this shit, it's going to start another 10 pages.

KSeal
10-29-2009, 10:22 PM
And one more question..

Try 2-3 years. With the milage that's already on Kobe, he's not going to be Kobe in 4 years when he's 35.

milkshakeballa
10-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Try 2-3 years. With the milage that's already on Kobe, he's not going to be Kobe in 4 years when he's 35.

Sorry brah

Kobe is the hardest worker in the game. IMPECCABLE SHAPE. He is going to be able to COAST during the regular season and will just turn it on come playoff time. Lakers favorites next 4 or 5 years. Also in that 4 and 5 year....Bynum is a 26 year old beast...Pau and LO are just exiting their prime as is Artest....4-5 minimum brah

Donkeybong
10-30-2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pozJusNZyz4

Agloco
10-30-2009, 11:14 AM

Don't worry about the stray cat in the stands folks, it's harmless.....

J82P2Q2y_F0