PDA

View Full Version : Starting lineup vs Hornets

DesignatedT
10-28-2009, 01:05 AM
What are yall expecting for the first game of the year. i highly doubt pop throws all those guys right into the mix with big time minutes.

my projected lineup for tom night:

Tony
Manu
RJ
Duncan
Bonner

first off bench
Mason
Dyess
Hill

next off
Finley - limited
Blair - limited

ratliff DNP
bogans DNP

Amuseddaysleeper
10-28-2009, 01:06 AM
For the love of god Pop do not let Bonner start.

That would be absolutely terrible.

DesignatedT
10-28-2009, 01:07 AM
^ the way bonner played in the pre season and shot the ball i highly expect bonner to be the starting C tomorrow..... obviously come all star break i fully expect dyess to take over that role.

duncan228
10-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Monroe's projection:

Parker
Finley
Jefferson
Duncan
Bonner

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3776280&postcount=76

Riverwalkman
10-28-2009, 02:27 AM
My guess:

Parker
Mason
Jefferson
Duncan
Bonner

Manu is definitely coming off the bench. I'd like to put Fin on bench but he is likely to start. My only concern is how long will Blair and Hill log in.

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2009, 02:32 AM
Monroe's prediction will be right
with Hill and Manu first off bench

Blair is sitting out first game

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2009, 02:33 AM
i wanna see GHILL shut down cp3, fuck that flopping bitch

duncan228
10-28-2009, 02:33 AM

Where did you see that?

EricB
10-28-2009, 02:34 AM
For the love of god Pop do not let Bonner start.

That would be absolutely terrible.

OMG YES!!!

Lets start Antonio McDyess who admitted is not in shape.

Or DeJuan Blair who is nervous to begin with and probably is tossing and turning as we speak.

Its not about who starts, its about who finishes.

Re fucking lax.

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2009, 02:42 AM
Where did you see that?

he had a sore tailbone i think
someone posted it here
i forgot where though
he'll be back vs bulls

Riverwalkman
10-28-2009, 02:45 AM
Is there any source, or it's just your prediction?

Blair as backup for Timmy would be nice, his rebounding will help team when Timmy's having rest.

duncan228
10-28-2009, 02:46 AM
Blair came back from the tailbone at practice Monday after sitting out Sunday. He's not listed as inactive for the Hornets game. There wasn't anything about him not playing, but we'll know before tip when the roster is submitted.

Riverwalkman
10-28-2009, 02:49 AM
Blair back: DeJuan Blair, the rookie from Pittsburgh who was the Spurs' No. 2 scorer in seven preseason games, was back on the court for the entire practice after sitting out Sunday's workout to heal a bruised tailbone.
He's already healed, let's get ready to see The Beast!!!!!!!!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_notebook_Popovich_trims_beard_lengthens_prac tice_time.html

Darkwaters
10-28-2009, 03:39 AM
Blair came back from the tailbone at practice Monday after sitting out Sunday. He's not listed as inactive for the Hornets game. There wasn't anything about him not playing, but we'll know before tip when the roster is submitted.

He can take it easy if he needs to. We can just have him play like 10 minutes tonight. That should come out to about 8 points and 12 rebounds or so. Yea, that should be about enough.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-28-2009, 04:27 AM
OMG YES!!!

Or DeJuan Blair who is nervous to begin with and probably is tossing and turning as we speak.

Re fucking lax.

I'd start Dice anyway - this year we need to get away from Bonner as much as possible if we are going to get back to a win by defense philosophy, and that means starting games with serious enough D that it sets a tone for the rest of the game.

However, Pop is a coaching godhead (except when it comes to rookie PGs), so I'll defer to his greater wisdom, whatever it may be.

I'd like to see:

Parker
Mason
Jefferson
Duncan
Dice

...and the order I'd be using them off the bench
Manu
Hill
Blair
Bonner/Finley
Ratliff

Now THAT is a deep bench.

(I was trying to point out to the Faker fans in the NBA forum that their team is top heavy, and beyond Odom and Brown they don't have much of a bench. Predictably, they disagreed and were ugly in doing so :lol )

Chieflion
10-28-2009, 04:46 AM
He can take it easy if he needs to. We can just have him play like 10 minutes tonight. That should come out to about 8 points and 12 rebounds or so. Yea, that should be about enough.
That is way more than enough. That is super productive.

RonnekMC
10-28-2009, 05:56 AM
Why do you all guys list Duncan as the PF? Come on, since last season he is absloutely the C with Bonner starting next to him!

DynastySpurs210
10-28-2009, 07:39 AM
wait bonner as center?

FromWayDowntown
10-28-2009, 07:44 AM
I can't remember a time when the Spurs' opening night lineup was such a mystery on the morning of the opener.

I wonder if Pop even knows yet who he's going to start . . . .

Bruno
10-28-2009, 08:36 AM
I'll go with Parker/Mason/RJ/Bonner/Duncan.

Dr Cox
10-28-2009, 09:16 AM
is somting wrong with mason? every one is saying finley to start...

im not a finley hater like some of us but i would think its almost 100% masons job to lose

Go For Tree
10-28-2009, 09:40 AM
is somting wrong with mason? every one is saying finley to start...

im not a finley hater like some of us but i would think its almost 100% masons job to lose

I just think it gives the Spurs a better flow for fin to start over Mason. Mason should have more minutes in the game but Fin plays better being out there with Tim and Tony. Being able to hit his spot up jumpers and coming off screens to stop and pop better than roger.

Having Manu, Hill, Mase, and Dice coming off the pine together is like throwing another starting unit out there. Guys that can get out there and run, no matter who the fifth player is, Blair... Theo, etc.

MB20
10-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Parker/Finley/Jefferson/Duncan/Bonner

anakha
10-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Parker/Finley/Jefferson/Duncan/Bonner

I'll heartily endorse this, if only for the entertainment caused by the ensuing meltdown on this forum. :lol

duncan228
10-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Why do you all guys list Duncan as the PF? Come on, since last season he is absloutely the C with Bonner starting next to him!

Duncan has been listed as the Power Forward his entire NBA career. What he does on the court doesn't change that.

Riverwalkman
10-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Duncan has been listed as the Power Forward his entire NBA career. What he does on the court doesn't change that.
:lol I remember once(or more) someone asked the same question, and D228 replied with the same answer. Isn't it a basic knowledge for a real Spurs fan?

KenziE
10-28-2009, 11:26 AM
OMG YES!!!

Re fucking lax.

hahaha

Dex
10-28-2009, 11:28 AM
I foresee both Bonner and Finley starting for the beginning of the season. While they may not be our most talented pieces, they both seem to be in playing shape and are acclimated to the system. They'll be able to get the Spurs out on the floor and at least try to set the right tone. And having weapons off the bench isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Once the newer guys start to get into a groove, I think (hope) both of them will end up with bench roles.

Mel_13
10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
I foresee both Bonner and Finley starting for the beginning of the season. While they may not be our most talented pieces, they both seem to be in playing shape and are acclimated to the system. They'll be able to get the Spurs out on the floor and at least try to set the right tone. And having weapons off the bench isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Once the newer guys start to get into a groove, I think (hope) both of them will end up with bench roles.

The voice of reason has spoken.

silverblackfan
10-28-2009, 11:31 AM
The voice of reason has spoken.

Reason has no place here.

Mel_13
10-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Reason has no place here.

Regrettable, but true.

PDXSpursFan
10-28-2009, 11:51 AM
No Boner, No Finley, No Mason please. BEST 5 should start PERIOD and set the tone for the season:

TD
TP
Manu
RJ
McDyess.

Whisky Dog
10-28-2009, 01:26 PM
ESPN has their gameday predicted starters as Parker, Finley, Jefferson, McD, and Duncan.

From what I remember last year Mason played better as a starter so I have no idea why he wouldn't start tonight.

My Fault
10-28-2009, 01:27 PM
I'll go with Parker/Mason/RJ/Bonner/Duncan.
+1

The meltdown that comes following is gonna be great.

SenorSpur
10-28-2009, 03:13 PM
ESPN has their gameday predicted starters as Parker, Finley, Jefferson, McD, and Duncan.

From what I remember last year Mason played better as a starter so I have no idea why he wouldn't start tonight.

Just heard the same of ESPN 1250 The Zone.

I can understand why Pop would start Bonner for now, but Finley? GMAFB!

You're correct. Mason did indeed play better as a starter, than off the bench. Did he suddenly go "belly up" over the summer?

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Finley is much worse as a bench guy than Mason IMO..Roger has SOME ability to create his own shot, Finley doesn't, so I don't mind it..Finley doesn't seem to play well off the bench for some reason..they're both bad defensively, so that's not a big issue..

I would love to see 'Dice starting though..I feel like Bonner would be a big asset to have against other team's bench units, and McDyess matches up better against starters from a defensive standpoint..

EmptyMan
10-28-2009, 03:31 PM
OMG YES!!!

Re fucking lax.

wtf is this blasphemy?

The only thing Blair tosses and turns is the great ocean as if he is the God Poseidon himself!

sabar
10-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Finley and Bonner will start and the others will have to earn that spot with the minutes they get. This is how it's been for years for most NBA teams and it isn't changing now.

duncan228
10-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Monroe was right. Starters: Parker, Finley, Jefferson, Bonner and Duncan.