PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum All-Star Watch

21_Blessings
10-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Easy 26 points, 13 rebounds. One game down.

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2009/04/02/andrew_bynum_at_playboy_mansion_webcastr.jpg

Greg Oden wishes he was this good.

PGDynasty24
10-28-2009, 02:45 AM
greg oden wishes he didnt look like he was 50

Allanon
10-28-2009, 03:07 AM
This is Bynum's year.

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 03:13 AM
This is Bynum's year.

your an idiot

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Oden wishes he could do something productive

Riverwalkman
10-28-2009, 03:15 AM
This is Bynum's year.
:nope

Allanon
10-28-2009, 03:16 AM
your an idiot

Oh shit, I have my own little fan troll following me around :lol

ginobili's bald spot
10-28-2009, 03:50 AM
your an idiot

:lol If you are going to call someone an idiot at least know how to spell you're.

Def Rowe
10-28-2009, 04:03 AM
your an idiot

The guy's allowed to have his opinion. Calm down.

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2009, 05:33 AM
:lol If you are going to call someone an idiot at least know how to spell you're.

ayoooooo

TheManFromAcme
10-28-2009, 06:28 AM
Lets see what Drew is doing 2 months from now. I just want to make sure nobody runs into his knees. :(

Dr Cox
10-28-2009, 09:23 AM
lol at this thread

The_Game
10-28-2009, 09:31 AM
lol at this thread

whats funny about it? barring injury...Bynum should be an all-star.

LakeShow
10-28-2009, 09:37 AM
I thought he was running pretty good last night. He doesn't have his footing set on defense yet but he's getting there.

JamStone
10-28-2009, 09:42 AM
13 ppg, 8 rpg after Gasol returns.

But with Yao out, he has a chance maybe. Depends if Duncan and Al Jefferson and Amare are listed (or considered by the coaches) as forwards or centers.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 10:51 AM
lol at this thread

How ironic...Spur fan laughing at Laker fans getting excited about Bynum, while at the same time Bukkake-ing DeJuan Blair over preseason games

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 10:53 AM
13 ppg, 8 rpg after Gasol returns.

But with Yao out, he has a chance maybe. Depends if Duncan and Al Jefferson and Amare are listed (or considered by the coaches) as forwards or centers.

I would like to see him at 15 and 10, and I think that's attainable if he stays healthy.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 11:09 AM
I thought he was running pretty good last night.

I think this is a huge part of it. I dunno if you guys remember but last year, he was always like the last guy back down on the court. He's actually running back this year.

Agloco
10-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Easy 26 points, 13 rebounds. One game down.

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2009/04/02/andrew_bynum_at_playboy_mansion_webcastr.jpg

Greg Oden wishes he was this good.

If only every game could be played against the Clips...... :rolleyes

TheMACHINE
10-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey 21, you should update your original post after everygame with his stats. ;)

ie.
Game 1 vs Cliipers: 26 points, 13 rebounds
Game 2 vs Mavs: xx points, xx rebounds

tlongII
10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
12 boards and 5 blocked shots for Oden.

Agloco
10-28-2009, 11:42 AM
How ironic...Spur fan laughing at Laker fans getting excited about Bynum, while at the same time Bukkake-ing DeJuan Blair over preseason games

Just wait till he blows his load all up in your ass Beefheart. You'll have been one of the many victims of a Blair-Bakkake fest, Oz style.

TheMACHINE
10-28-2009, 11:43 AM

MBenga > Oden

Agloco
10-28-2009, 11:44 AM

5 fouls, 0 points, 7 tunovers :rolleyes

On the bright side, his glass jaw is still intact for the next game. Care to put down a wager on Oden's over-under for games played this season? I'm in at 45.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Just wait till he blows his load all up in your ass Beefheart. You'll have been one of the many victims of a Blair-Bakkake fest, Oz style.

+1 for knowing the avi. Too bad Pop doesn't like playing rookies Ag...Blair woulda had a real chance at ROY. Say he does get his minutes tho, he'll be in foul trouble constantly till he settles in to the league. I love Blair too...I live in Pittsburgh and have seen every home game the last 2 years. I think Blair AND Young will eventually make great pros

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 11:49 AM

On the bright side, his glass jaw is still intact for the next game. Care to put down a wager on Oden's over-under for games played this season? I'm in at 45.

I'll put $50 on the under

tlongII
10-28-2009, 11:50 AM

Actually he had 2 points. The turnovers were ugly but he dominated the paint.

Agloco
10-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Actually he had 2 points. The turnovers were ugly but he dominated the paint.

5 fouls, 2 points, 7 turnovers :rolleyes

You never answered the bet question......

DenDen
10-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Bynum ain't shit, the bum is just a product of a deep laker team. Take away Kobe, pau, Lamar, and make him the center piece of the team, bet that's when his true protential shine, which ain't shit.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Bynum ain't shit, the bum is just a product of a deep laker team. Take away Kobe, pau, Lamar, and make him the center piece of the team, bet that's when his true protential shine, which ain't shit.

what amazing insight, where would this board be without your invaluable basketball knowledge?

thispego
10-28-2009, 11:57 AM
bynum is waaaaaay overrated by lakers fans. he wont play a whole season this year... again

tlongII
10-28-2009, 11:58 AM
The Lakers had a 1 point lead against the Clips going into the 4th quarter. Laker fans have nothing to talk about.

TheMACHINE
10-28-2009, 11:58 AM

haha way to hand pick stats. LOL!

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 12:00 PM
The Lakers had a 1 point lead against the Clips going into the 4th quarter. Laker fans have nothing to talk about.

It's called apathy...good teams can get away with it

Allanon
10-28-2009, 12:01 PM

If you're on a team with that much talent and they make you the 2nd option, you've gotta be pretty good.

Bynum's actually held back from his true potential because he plays on a team with alot of offensive options. The Lakers don't have enough shots to go around to get Bynum 20 shots per game that a player like Al or Dwight could get.

Once Pau comes back, he's gonna have to fight Pau for shooting rights, so he'll probably drop down to only 10-12 shots per game.

Venti Quattro
10-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Bynum would be okay. Just make sure he's kidnapped and kept away vs Memphis games.

Venti Quattro
10-28-2009, 12:13 PM
The Lakers had a 1 point lead against the Clips going into the 4th quarter.

Oh and so Portland also let Houston come back from 20-something up but the PDX fans have the right to show on the Laker Fans because they didn't come close as 1 point.

Laker fans have nothing to talk about.

:lobt2:

Agloco
10-28-2009, 12:23 PM
+1 for knowing the avi. Too bad Pop doesn't like playing rookies Ag...Blair woulda had a real chance at ROY. Say he does get his minutes tho, he'll be in foul trouble constantly till he settles in to the league. I love Blair too...I live in Pittsburgh and have seen every home game the last 2 years. I think Blair AND Young will eventually make great pros

Yeah, I'm not taking anything away from Bynum. I've been big on him from the get go. Injuries aside, I think he's been a good prospect for you guys and I'd hate to see what he could eventually become if he stays healthy.... But you gotta understand that for Spurs fans, Blair is the first legit thing to get excited about since Timmy.

Unfortunately I agree with you take on ROY. I just don't think he's gonna get the consistent minutes needed to contend for it. It's just as well though, I think he needs a year to get acclimated.

DenDen
10-28-2009, 12:46 PM
what amazing insight, where would this board be without your invaluable basketball knowledge?

so just because I don't enjoy a cold cup of bynum love juice, like all you faker fan, I automatically know nothing about basketball, Gtfooh.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
so just because I don't enjoy a cold cup of bynum love juice, like all you faker fan, I automatically know nothing about basketball, Gtfooh.

"He sucks and is only good b/c his team is deep" is not a knowledgeable basketball take. You just come off as a hater. Bynum just turned 22, and when he was healthy the past 2 years he looked great before going down with knee injuries. Btw, Portland's bench is much deeper than LA's, so I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Explain yourself, and try to at least have a mature answer for your rationalization this time

milkshakeballa
10-28-2009, 12:54 PM
If you're on a team with that much talent and they make you the 2nd option, you've gotta be pretty good.

Bynum's actually held back from his true potential because he plays on a team with alot of offensive options. The Lakers don't have enough shots to go around to get Bynum 20 shots per game that a player like Al or Dwight could get.

Once Pau comes back, he's gonna have to fight Pau for shooting rights, so he'll probably drop down to only 10-12 shots per game.

holy shit - allanon actually displaying some bball iq?

who woulda thunk it?

Mad props Allanon

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I'm not taking anything away from Bynum. I've been big on him from the get go. Injuries aside, I think he's been a good prospect for you guys and I'd hate to see what he could eventually become if he stays healthy.... But you gotta understand that for Spurs fans, Blair is the first legit thing to get excited about since Timmy.

Unfortunately I agree with you take on ROY. I just don't think he's gonna get the consistent minutes needed to contend for it. It's just as well though, I think he needs a year to get acclimated.

no doubt man, and he is in the right system to learn the NBA ropes. I begrudgingly want Blair to make those teams pay for passing him (LA traded their pick before the draft started and probably didn't think Blair would be available then). It would be a joy to see Blair dominating the NBA 78 games a year--with 4 lousy performances against the Lakers:lol

NBAfan83
10-28-2009, 01:18 PM

Actually Bynum in 2009 had per 36 mins

12.5 fga 4 fta 10 rebs 2.2 b for 17.8 pts per game

Dwight on the other hand per 36 mins has

12.5 fga 10.8 fta 14 rebs 3 blocks 20.7 points

Sure most laker fans would be happy with those per 36 mins for bynum, but we really haven't seen him play a consistently 36+ mins for a good couple of months, so it's hard to gauge.

Dwight on the other hand, we have, and these stats are a good indication of what we can expect from him. With so many weapons in the Orlando Magic, dwight really rarely gets that many FGA, but if he doesn't get the ball his defensive numbers don't dip. The same can't be said of bynum.

Also everyone's laughing at odom, that's fine, but he did had 12 rebounds and 5 blocks, eventho his offense completely sucked, switch place with bynum, and bynum would shrivel up like a ball cuz he wasn't getting his "touches" and lag on D and won't box out and etc... it will be 2008-2009 over again.

Let's face it, bynum is real good when he tries and is motivated, but when he doesn't get touches at all, he starts getting lazy. He ain't no pau gasol who benefits from being the open man, bynum rarely does, he needs to get into his rhythm and rarely really follows the system, maybe that's why PJ benches him a lot.

soo, it's not like dwights taking a huge amount of shots per game compared to bynum. But

tlongII
10-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh and so Portland also let Houston come back from 20-something up but the PDX fans have the right to show on the Laker Fans because they didn't come close as 1 point.

:lobt2:

Dude, we were never in danger of losing the game last night. Unlike you guys.

DenDen
10-28-2009, 01:26 PM
"He sucks and is only good b/c his team is deep" is not a knowledgeable basketball take. You just come off as a hater. Bynum just turned 22, and when he was healthy the past 2 years he looked great before going down with knee injuries. Btw, Portland's bench is much deeper than LA's, so I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Explain yourself, and try to at least have a mature answer for your rationalization this time

"He sucks and is only good b/c his team is deep" that explains it all right there. If you're an opposing team, your defense going to be more worry about Kobe, Lamar, pau, leaving bynum with easy ass looks. Dude get all his points gift wrap to him. I'm not a hater, I just don't think he's what you faker fan hype him up to be. Bynum is not the best center in the west, he's not even the best center on the laker.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Actually Bynum in 2009 had per 36 mins

12.5 fga 4 fta 10 rebs 2.2 b for 17.8 pts per game

Dwight on the other hand per 36 mins has

12.5 fga 10.8 fta 14 rebs 3 blocks 20.7 points

Dwight's FGA is a bit skewed because his offense consists of catching and dunking, thereby getting alot of FTA's which don't count as FGA.

If you add the 11 FTA in and divide by 2, you get Dwight's true FGA of 18 shots per game.

Dwight last year
20.6 ppg on true FGA of 18 shots

Bynum last year
14 ppg on true FGA of 14 shots

It's very comparable in my opinion. Defense/rebounding is where Dwight has Bynum beat, it's not on offense.

Brazil
10-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Kobe and Bynum are in my fantasy team so I'm happy with their performance but I hate the Lakers it's a dilemna. I need to trade them or just hoping they play great and lakers play poorly... we can dream.

ginobili's bald spot
10-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Kobe and Bynum are in my fantasy team so I'm happy with their performance but I hate the Lakers it's a dilemna. I need to trade them or just hoping they play great and lakers play poorly... we can dream.

The Lakers are gonna win a bunch of games regardless so you might as well just roll with it.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 02:44 PM

Smart man, you're obviously playing with your head instead of your heart--you should win:toast

Brazil
10-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Smart man, you're obviously playing with your head instead of your heart--you should win:toast

Unfortunately I also picked Batum and Griffin :king

Allanon
10-28-2009, 02:59 PM

I think you must have read Phil's mind. Sounds like Phil is giving in to Bynum's scoring urges. I don't think 20ppg is beyond Bynum with Phil's support. Fish, Pau, Odom are probably going to have to donate 1-2 shots to Bynum this year:

Phil Jackson "It's very hard to keep Andrew away from the basket. He's going to be a force to be reckoned with. Andrew's developed a lot of moves on his own and he has a desire to score, so he's going to score points."

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Unfortunately I also picked Batum and Griffin :king

Ouch...that means you'll have to root that much harder for Kobe and Bynum :lol

picc84
10-28-2009, 03:25 PM
He needs to learn how to pass out of double teams. Or really, how to pass at all. He's the center version of young Kobe.

Xylus
10-28-2009, 03:32 PM
This thread does not deliver.

Never put the punchline of a joke thread in the title.

Allanon
10-28-2009, 03:41 PM
He needs to learn how to pass out of double teams. Or really, how to pass at all. He's the center version of young Kobe.

Yup. Once he gets the pass, it doesn't even appear as if he's looking for cutters or open men.

The day he learns how to accurately read the defense and pass out of double-teams, it will be all about him and Dwight.

I have full confidence that Bynum's gonna fix this part of his game.

Brazil
10-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Ouch...that means you'll have to root that much harder for Kobe and Bynum :lol

yeah I know a lot more depressing....:lol

BTW have a good year rooting for your LA team. Let's have a good serie for the WCF trophy ! Spurs in 6 :toast

21_Blessings
10-28-2009, 04:03 PM
BTW have a good year rooting for your LA team. Let's have a good serie for the WCF trophy !

We're counting on it. Just make sure SA does their part by not choking to the Mavericks in round 1 this time around.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 04:26 PM
yeah I know a lot more depressing....:lol

BTW have a good year rooting for your LA team. Let's have a good serie for the WCF trophy ! Spurs in 6 :toast

Lakers-Spurs should be the WCF matchup every year, with Phillip continuing his domination over Pop:toast

We're counting on it. Just make sure SA does their part by not choking to the Mavericks in round 1 this time around.

:lol

NRHector
10-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Andrew Bynum Injury-Free Season Watch is better than All-Star Watch

Brazil
10-28-2009, 06:51 PM

touché :toast

cobbler
10-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Andrew Bynum Injury-Free Season Watch is better than All-Star Watch

They are one in the same.

NRHector
10-31-2009, 01:22 AM

picc84
10-31-2009, 01:49 AM
I hope he scores 20ppg and still doesn't make the team.

Only thing is, then he might think he has to average 30.

21_Blessings
10-31-2009, 03:02 PM
Only thing is, then he might think he has to average 30.

Well if Kobe and Ron continue shooting a combined 33% then he might have to average 30.

Allanon
10-31-2009, 03:05 PM
i'm all for Andrew making the All-Star game, and his current numbers will do it.

But yah gots to play Defense too, and his defense has been mediocre. Just some more passing out of the post and more effort on defense would far exceed my expectations.

mavs>spurs2
10-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Well if Kobe and Ron continue shooting a combined 33% then he might have to average 30.

the problem was ever even relying on ron for shooting

21_Blessings
11-03-2009, 10:58 PM
the problem was ever even relying on ron for shooting

Lakers aren't relying on Ron's shooting. Why should they when Bynum is averaging 20 and 9 on 56% shooting through the first four games. Clearly on his way to the first of many All-Star appearances in his career.

Good luck NBA. You're going to need it.

j.dizzle
11-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Even when Pau gets back Andrew will be putting up big numbers since he'll be playing with the second unit more..If he stays healthy this year (knock on wood) he's gonna be ridiculous come playoff time.

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2009, 11:08 PM
He's gonna be ridiculous offensively..his defense still looks horrible, even though he actually had a few good close-outs tonight for the first time in this early season..

Allanon
11-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Andrew MuthaF*kin Bynum.

22 points, 67 FG%, 10 rebounds 3 assists

Allanon
11-03-2009, 11:10 PM
He's gonna be ridiculous offensively..his defense still looks horrible, even though he actually had a few good close-outs tonight for the first time in this early season..

He's improving on defense...seems to be moving better. I wouldn't say horrible, but average.

I agree, he still has a way to go defensively though.

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2009, 11:15 PM
I meant horrible for his physical tools..good size, good length, moves well for a 7-footer..seems to be a motivation and defensive IQ issue(misses rotations, takes silly fouls at times)..

21_Blessings
11-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Bynum's a good post defender though. Mostly against the slower types. He's always defended Duncan well.

Yeah he misses some rotations and doesn't block some shots that he easily could but that can be corrected through experience.

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2009, 11:30 PM
He's a good post defender without a doubt IMO, but team defense is a lot more important in today's NBA IMO, due to the lack of contact on the perimeter, which allows everybody to get in the lane..I'm pretty sure most of Bynum's fouls in the playoff run came from team defense(was still getting back from the injury), while he was still defending the post well against guys like Dwight IMO..I'm pretty sure it would be impossible for Bynum to be a bad post defender considering his physical tools..

Also, defending a past his prime Duncan well in regular season games doesn't mean all that much..Timmy has had bad games against Darko, Marc Gasol, David Lee, and a bunch of random guys in meaningless games..Bynum is still a good post defender, just saying..

DPG21920
11-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Look, Bynum certainly has a lot to work on, but that is only because he has a chance to be great. He is already damn good and has a lot more good in his game then bad.

21_Blessings
11-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah but Duncan even gave a 19 year old Bynum huge props after the game. So you know Timmy respects Bynum's D on him.

RedsLakers24
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Bynum looks good on offense but he nees to play better D, he aint blocking shots, against the Rockets he seemed to be jumping more, so far he is avg 20 and 10

Allanon
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Bynum looks good on offense but he nees to play better D, he aint blocking shots, against the Rockets he seemed to be jumping more, so far he is avg 20 and 10

He's put more effort into D and rebounds the last 1 or 2 games. I think Phil's off-hand remarks a couple of games ago are getting to him. :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Bynum's opposition..

Chris Kaman: 18 points, 16 rebounds, 2 steals..

Erick Dampier/Kris Humphries(they were matched up against him in different times, Gooden wasn't): 16 points, 17 rebounds..

Etan Thomas: 9 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks..

Chuck Hayes: 14 points, 14 rebounds..

only Horford has struggled..

damn..

Allanon
11-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Bynum's opposition..

Chris Kaman: 18 points, 16 rebounds, 2 steals..

Erick Dampier/Kris Humphries(they were matched up against him in different times, Gooden wasn't): 16 points, 17 rebounds..

Etan Thomas: 9 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks..

Chuck Hayes: 14 points, 14 rebounds..

Bynum has outplayed all of them.

only Horford has struggled..

damn..

Also Nenad Kristic, starting Center for the Thunda.

6 pts 1 rebound.

21_Blessings
11-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Do I even need to say anything else after last night? :bking

Bynum proved, without a doubt, that he's better than Amare. Shit all over the poor guy.

kamikazi_player
01-28-2010, 12:34 AM
does any1 still think he's an all-star this year?

21_Blessings
01-28-2010, 12:38 AM

Jeff Van Gundy does.

Allanon
01-28-2010, 12:40 AM

Very close.

He might still make it if they rule out Kaman due to the Clippers crappy record.

IronMexican
01-28-2010, 12:46 AM
Fucking Clippers lost to the Nets. I know this doesn't belong here, but I am hoping Nets break the record for most losses in a season.

Allanon
01-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Fucking Clippers lost to the Nets. I know this doesn't belong here, but I am hoping Nets break the record for most losses in a season.

Clippers look like they've already packed the season in after hearing about Blake Griffin missing the season.

j.dizzle
01-28-2010, 12:49 AM
LOL at the Anaheim Clippers...I wish

Donkeybong
01-28-2010, 12:53 AM
LOL at the Anaheim Clippers...I wish

not even anaheim wants them. get the clippers the fuck out of los angeles and as far away from so cal as possible. send their asses to mexico city.

ClippersDynasty
01-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Pelicans78
01-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Why do we have two threads going on about Bynum? WTF?

Allanon
01-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Why do we have two threads going on about Bynum? WTF?

This one wuz not bumped by Lakerfan.

Why So Serious
01-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_
don't be jealous cause your team is second fiddle and has already packed it in :toast

Brazil
01-28-2010, 07:10 PM
I guess we can stop watching

Andrew Bynum
01-28-2010, 07:36 PM
I guess we can stop watching

lmao Brazilian Spurfan.