PDA

View Full Version : And The Suck Factor Went All The Way To 11

10-28-2009, 08:05 AM
So, I've been training for this little marathon thingy lately using CrossFit as the base of my training with some CF tuned endurance work thrown 2-3 times a week as a supplement to help get my 26.2 game on. I've been digging it, it's been all good, hadn't hurt too much.

That is, until this week.

And this week is far from over.

Roll into the pain cave on Monday evening looking to get some training on, music's loud and I'm starting to get jacked up, and then I look at the white board....

If you've got boy-type plumbing, this is going to be a kick square in the chones.

"Infidel"
20 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible in 20 minutes)
Round Equals
40M dumbbell weighted lunges (I used 25# for the round)
10 Weighted Burpees (Burpee is your basic jumping squat thrust from HS football days)
40M dumbbell weighted lunges
10 dumbbell thrusters
100 jump rope skips

I got 2.5 rounds in when time was called. Coach wasn't lying when he said: "If you've never spent time in a jail, you are now going to experience first hand what a sore arse really feels like!".

I don't wanna go to jail. Ever.

So yea, that WOD sucked the south bound end of a north bound buzzard with a case of the green apple quick step, and it took until about 1500 yesterday for me to quit walking around like a still had some colonoscopy equipment left in me, but then was last night's endurance workout....

Tabata Treadmill (Or, affectionally known as Eight Rounds Of Death)

Yes, the second kick in the chones actually did find them even thought they were hiding in my throat.

An endurance tabata treadmill goes like this:

Fire up treadmill and raise elevation to 12
Set speed at 7
30 seconds of running followed immediately by 20 seconds of rest, constantly running clock, do eight rounds of 30/20 (Or, until you pass out and crumple down to the still running treadmill and get shot out the back kinda like Wiley Coyote when the rocket skates went bad).

Did rounds 1-4 at 7, 5-7 at 7.3, and round 8 at 7.5.

I pushed it hard in round 8 and was beginning to go hypoxic, so much so that when I got off my entire body felt like a zillion fire ants were on me and stinging at exact the same moment.

So now I still feel like the colonoscopy equipment is still there, along with a pair of pliers and the doc's Super Bowl ring. And it feels like someone took out both my thighs with 12 ga. 00 buckshot.

God, I love this stuff. :D

katyon6th
10-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, well, my brother is an Ironman.

10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
I think I may add that to my bucket list of things to one day qualify for.

Blake
10-28-2009, 09:24 AM
I did some stretching today. The suck factor was probably .2.

time for a sausage kolache and coffee.

katyon6th
10-28-2009, 09:28 AM
He was in Ironman New Zealand March 2008. Pretty fucking amazing. I remember him calling me one day and mentioning he needed to take off to do his 15 mile run warm up. Ughhhhhh.