PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the biggest disappointment?

da_suns_fan
10-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Which NBA off-season acquisition will be the biggest disappointment?

Chieflion
10-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Nice timing. Especially seeing how Rasheed is doing well and Shaq has been reduced to a role player in Cleveland and lost in his 1st game.

da_suns_fan
10-28-2009, 10:35 AM
I wasnt gonna go with Shaq. I dont think Cleveland is expecting that much from Shaq.

I was actually thinking of both Richard Jefferson and Shawn Marion.

dirk4mvp
10-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Whatever player the Suns picked up to make their team better.

Oh wait.

anakha
10-28-2009, 10:39 AM

Oh wait.

Hey, don't knock the Suns. They've got Griffin, Lopez, and Collins.

I. Hustle
10-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I think Marion or Snaq. It's a toss up.

Sportcamper
10-28-2009, 10:44 AM
After last nights game I have to go with Shaq…He looks so old & he is very slow….Cleveland needs to limit his playing time…I can’t believe they took on his huge contract…

I am wondering if Richard Jefferson has ever had a bad season…Solid Player…

Riverwalkman
10-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Winning a championship with Dwyane Wade helps Shaq adopted by some contenders afterwards. But they all should finally realize the move was totally a bust.

Thunder Dan
10-28-2009, 11:00 AM
the Cavs got Shaq for Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace

again, THE CAVS GOT SHAQ FOR SASHA PAVLOVIC AND BEN WALLACE

I'll say it again

THE CAVS GOT SHAQ FOR SASHA PAVLOVIC AND BEN WALLACE

they will be fine, just one game. Hard to come out and play at midseason form with a whole new team on opening night dispite what you basketball experts think

spursfan09
10-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Jefferson....

I'm just being extremely pessimistic

Sportcamper
10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Dude...How bout Shaqs huge salary...:lol

JamStone
10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Andre Miller since Nate won't start him and Brandon Roy has some power trip over sharing play making responsibilities with an actual pass-first point guard.

Thunder Dan
10-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Dude...How bout Shaqs huge salary...:lol
I'm not paying it, I don't give a shit.

plus, it's not much different than what they would be paying Ben Wallace. They were over the luxury tax anyway, so it didn't matter. Ben Wallace was making like 16,000,000 shaq is at 20,000,000 something, so it's not a big deal when you are already over the luxury tax. Keep reaching

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-28-2009, 11:15 AM

Oh wait.

Well DSF has claimed multiple times replacing Shaq with Robin Lopez and Channing Frye will make the team better, we'll see how that works.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-28-2009, 11:16 AM
But as long as Nash is having fun, Channing Frye is the off season acquisition of the decade.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2009, 11:17 AM
the Cavs got Shaq for Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace

again, THE CAVS GOT SHAQ FOR SASHA PAVLOVIC AND BEN WALLACE

I'll say it again

THE CAVS GOT SHAQ FOR SASHA PAVLOVIC AND BEN WALLACE

they will be fine, just one game. Hard to come out and play at midseason form with a whole new team on opening night dispite what you basketball experts think
Yeah, they got Shaq for 2 useless players, I'll give you that. They will improve, but I'm not sold on them "being fine." They will win most of their games due to sheer talent, but their pick 'n roll defense is going to suffer all year with Shaq. You can't undo 17 seasons of bad habits from the big man

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Their offensive spacing is also going to suck. The KG's of the world will be cheating off their man all day because Varejao is such a horrible compliment to Shaq.

thispego
10-28-2009, 11:19 AM
artest. with extreme highs come extreme lows and this guy is on top of the world right now

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-28-2009, 11:24 AM
artest. with extreme highs come extreme lows and this guy is on top of the world right now

How is 10 points and 5 rebounds on top of the world?

Allanon
10-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Shaq was a great acquisition for the Cavs, made alot of sense. If they didn't have Shaq, they would have been paying $14 million to Ben Wallace anyways. Shaq's salary is off the books following this year.

That said, Shaq will be the biggest disappointment due to expectations of the Cavs contending for a ring with HoF'er Shaq. He's supposed to "Win a Ring for the King" but their major problem wasn't at Center in the first place. Power Forward has been and still is a problem for them since last year. Danny Ferry sold his soul for the now instead of the future by bringing in 34 year old Anthony Parker and no defense Jamario Moon. And their other guards are just too small.

After this season, that entire roster is getting blown up, with or without LeBron.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Power Forward has been and still is a problem for them since last year.

This, I know the Mexicans on this site love Varejao because he's from that region and think he's some world class role player, but he's a scrub who gets eaten alive by any kind of athleticism.

CavsSuperFan
10-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Allanon knows basketball…:tu

760Spursfan
10-28-2009, 11:42 AM
This, I know the Mexicans on this site love Varejao because he's from that region and think he's some world class role player, but he's a scrub who gets eaten alive by any kind of athleticism.

First of all, Varejao is from Brasil and as a mexican I would rather give props out to Eduardo Najera.

Agloco
10-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Which NBA off-season acquisition will be the biggest disappointment?

Shaq overall, but I think Marion is gonna compete as well.

dirk4mvp
10-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Marion will be a bigger pickup than Dick Jefferson.

Agloco
10-28-2009, 12:33 PM

Yeah....Brazil is in the neighborhood.......

Dumbass.

Agloco
10-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Marion will be a bigger pickup than Dick Jefferson.

lol 1st game fail

dirk4mvp
10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
16 7 and 3 blocked shots sure is shitty.

Dumbass.

phyzik
10-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Im going to go with Emeka Okafor

IronMexican
10-28-2009, 12:43 PM

Hahah, that was pretty funny. Argentinian or Mexican would have worked.

urunobili
10-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Ariza

da_suns_fan
10-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Shaq was a great acquisition for the Cavs, made alot of sense. If they didn't have Shaq, they would have been paying $14 million to Ben Wallace anyways. Shaq's salary is off the books following this year.

That said, Shaq will be the biggest disappointment due to expectations of the Cavs contending for a ring with HoF'er Shaq. He's supposed to "Win a Ring for the King" but their major problem wasn't at Center in the first place. Power Forward has been and still is a problem for them since last year. Danny Ferry sold his soul for the now instead of the future by bringing in 34 year old Anthony Parker and no defense Jamario Moon. And their other guards are just too small.

After this season, that entire roster is getting blown up, with or without LeBron.

I agree that trading for Shaq wasnt much of a gamble. Its not like they were gonna play Palovic or Wallace and Shaq is in his last year so they truly were "rolling the dice".

As opposed to the Suns who fucked themselves over for years to come by trading for Shaq and losing a valuable trade asset in Shawn Marion. The Suns said they were "rolling the dice", but they were actually putting all their eggs in one basket. NOW they have said theyre hitting the "reset" button, only we dont get back Shawn Marion or even the salary cap space that we would have had if we had let him walk.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Mexico/Brazil
tomato/tomatoe

Agloco
10-28-2009, 06:27 PM

Dumbass.

Was referring to the team as a whole.

Dumbass.

Thompson
10-28-2009, 06:31 PM

I've read elsewhere (from Mav fans) that 5 of his points were in garbage time at the end of the game when the Wizards weren't even bothering to defend the rim.

dirk4mvp
10-28-2009, 06:34 PM
I've read elsewhere (from Mav fans) that 5 of his points were in garbage time at the end of the game when the Wizards weren't even bothering to defend the rim.

False. He was the only reason the Mavs were even close in the first half when Dirk started out 1-6. But you can keep making stuff up.

dirk4mvp
10-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Was referring to the team as a whole.

Dumbass.

Yeah cuz you replying to my post about Marion sure shows it.

:lol dumbass beaner

Goran Dragic
10-28-2009, 06:37 PM
lol dumbass beaner

Sportcamper
11-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Looks like the real Superman has some fight left in him...Shaq looked much stronger than the younger Superman...:tu

Thunder Dan
11-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Looks like the real Superman has some fight left in him...Shaq looked much stronger than the younger Superman...:tu

they actually used Shaq last night, before they were just expecting him to have an impact on the game but were not putting him in position to do it. Looks like they got their act together with the 4 days off

Indazone
11-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Ariza

FOR THE WIN!! :tu

Agloco
11-12-2009, 11:11 AM

Getting your shit sent into rich seats by Bogans qualifies. That alone puts Marion in the drivers seat of the failbus.

dirk4mvp
11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Hey did you bump this thread when Marion beat the Lakers by himself?

DAF86
11-12-2009, 01:42 PM

Mexico/Brazil
tomato/tomatoe

lol dumbass beaner

lol And then people bitch about KBP.

Agloco
11-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Hey did you bump this thread when Marion beat the Lakers by himself?

Negative.

DAF86
11-12-2009, 01:45 PM
And the answer to this thread is Artest.

mogrovejo
11-12-2009, 02:17 PM

Ben Wallace wanted to leave, he'd agree to the same buyout he got from Phoenix ($10 million). Plus, you have to factor the opportunity cost.

I always thought Ben Wallace still had plenty of basketball left in him: I believe his injury may have cost the Cavs a championship, because he was a big factor in their defence pre-injury. Actually, I think I'd rather have Wallace+Z than Shaq+Z.

The Cavs need to do one of the following to be true contenders:
- trade Z and filler for good wing (e.g. Jackson) and play LeBron at the 4 for extended minutesf (bringing Varejão off the bench as the 3rd big, giving teams a different look than Shaq at the C position)
- trade Z and filler for a starting PF (someone with quickness to defend the pick'n'roll and perimeter 4s and a well-ranged shot).

or just hope JJ Hickson has a break out season (and start him).

da_suns_fan
01-29-2010, 03:31 PM
I wasnt gonna go with Shaq. I dont think Cleveland is expecting that much from Shaq.

I was actually thinking of both Richard Jefferson and Shawn Marion.

Bump.

Im not sure the Mavs fans are THAT dissapointed in Marion considering they didnt have to give up much to get him.

I was spot on about RJ, though.

Findog
01-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Bump.

Im not sure the Mavs fans are THAT dissapointed in Marion considering they didnt have to give up much to get him.

I was spot on about RJ, though.

His defense has been really good this year. We finally have a good perimeter defender after getting eaten alive for years by Nash, Wade, Baron and CP3. It makes up for the fact that offensively he's pretty much a role player. And oh yeah, he makes half of what Dick makes.

Ghazi
01-29-2010, 03:47 PM
And the Mavs are 3rd in the West...

21_Blessings
01-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Hahah, that was pretty funny. Argentinian or Mexican would have worked.

Or Latino. Evertything South of Texas can apparently be referred to as Latino these days.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 04:00 PM
So much for getting rid of Shaq making the Suns good again.

Pelicans78
01-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Ike Diogu. Hasn't and won't play a freaking game this season.

ClippersDynasty
01-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Blake Griffin...:depressed

baseline bum
01-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Jefferson 1a)
Carter 1b)

FkLA
01-29-2010, 04:15 PM
His defense has been really good this year. We finally have a good perimeter defender after getting eaten alive for years by Nash, Wade, Baron and CP3. It makes up for the fact that offensively he's pretty much a role player. And oh yeah, he makes half of what Dick makes.

First off Dick has been a big dissapointment no doubt.

But as for Marion did you just imply that he's capable of guarding guys like Nash, Wade, Baron, and CP3? Cause he certainly is not, never was able to even during his prime in Phoenix. And he may currently make half of what Dick makes, but he also got a 5 yr deal meaning he will be making about $10 mill at age 35. Dick comes off the books after next season and if worst comes to worst, his 16 mill expiring will be a huge trade chip.

jb4g
01-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Jefferson 1a)
Carter 1b)

x2

great game last night Vince...really great man

timtonymanu
01-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Jefferson, Carter, Sheed