PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson to be released

djohn2oo8
10-28-2009, 02:38 PM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2332112/larry_johnson_twitter_slur_to_cost.html

I wonder who will pick him up???

ATRAIN
10-28-2009, 02:50 PM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2332112/larry_johnson_twitter_slur_to_cost.html

I wonder who will pick him up???

The way Slaton has been coughing up the ball I wouldnt mind taking him.

Dr. Gonzo
10-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Please God no.

Bigzax
10-28-2009, 03:02 PM
i sit corrected...i guess it is that easy to get yourself kicked off a crappy team...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-28-2009, 05:11 PM
I'd be happy if New England or Arizona did.

760Spursfan
10-28-2009, 05:23 PM
LJ is done he is washed up, he's old(by RB standards) and injury prone. Charles will do just fine.

IronMexican
10-28-2009, 05:26 PM
That's why I hate drafting RB's in round 1. Sure, LT has(was) been great, and AD as well, but they're gone before you know it.

Greg Oden
10-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Larry can't play for the Patriots. He doesn't hate god enough.

760Spursfan
10-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Is it me or does Greg Oden look like he's 60yrs old!!!

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/greg-oden-signs-with-nike.jpg

LakerHater
10-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Oakland?

jack sommerset
10-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Looks like he is going to miss one game. Serioulsy, people need to loosen up. Some don't like gays. Live with it.

LakerHater
10-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Looks like he is going to miss one game. Serioulsy, people need to loosen up. Some don't like gays. Live with it.

Yeah, for at least 2 weeks.

mardigan
10-28-2009, 10:16 PM
This thread title is misleading.

K-State Spur
10-29-2009, 07:10 AM
This thread title is misleading.

Misleading in terms of official decisions.

But all indications around Arrowhead are that he has carried the ball for the last time in KC.

chode_regulator
10-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Completely unreal that someone's job is in danger for saying fag.
I wish I could win the lotto so I could move out of this country and go live on the beach somewhere.

LJ is not as good anymore but it is as much to do with the line as anything. I bet all you fags on here bashing him, 90% haven't watched him on a regular basis. He gets hit at teh line or before the line every play. The fact that he is even close to 3 yds/carry is amazing if you ask me.

760Spursfan
10-29-2009, 11:34 AM
I wish I could win the lotto so I could move out of this country and go live on the beach somewhere.

LJ is not as good anymore but it is as much to do with the line as anything. I bet all you fags on here bashing him, 90% haven't watched him on a regular basis. He gets hit at teh line or before the line every play. The fact that he is even close to 3 yds/carry is amazing if you ask me.

The O line can't be blamed, if that is the case then the reason LT hasn't been doing well is because of the chargers Oline as well. I could even say that LT hasn't been the same since Lorenzo Neal left the team 2yrs ago. "Juggernaut" created big holes that Jacob Hester can't for LT to run through.

LJ is done I hope Oakland picks him up if he is released.

K-State Spur
10-29-2009, 11:43 AM

LJ doesn't have anywhere near the burst that he used to. Even when they open holes for him he doesn't hit them like he once did.

Make no mistake if he was still productive OR this was his first transgression, he'd probably keep his job. But neither of those things is true.

That said, publicly saying fag would get you fired from a lot of jobs, not just the NFL. LJ should be smart enough to know this, so you can just say that he is being released for being a total MORON if that makes you feel better.

eyeh8u
10-29-2009, 12:25 PM

he is getting released becuase of what he said about the coach, beating up women, and becuase of his shit ass 358 running yards

ducks
10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
I would not mind him on the chargers
either lt or him can be hurt
spoles is awesome just can not run the ball inside the 20
to small

J.T.
10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
to small

fuck the chargers

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-29-2009, 12:53 PM
to small

Nice poetry.

chode_regulator
10-30-2009, 11:50 PM
he is getting released becuase of what he said about the coach, beating up women, and becuase of his shit ass 358 running yards

Their coach does blow and I wouldnt really call throwing a drink in someones face a beat down. the pushing another womans head was/is marginal and i would bet 100% of the time charges filed you would get punished for.
yardage, i don't know, i think he needs to be released to get a fresh start.
i've been a chiefs fan for over a decade, probably a bit longer but i'm running low on team spirit. next season doesn't turn around i'm cutting my losses. i might go to a nomad and just have no team, that way i can just enjoy watching whatever game is on tv.
no one seems to know how to take the talent they have and make it effective. seems they just want a 'quick fix'. i was actually really happy that they finally let tony go and thought they should have done it sooner. how in gods green earth that shithead cassel is a starter is beyond me, why the hell pioli and haley camn in and immediately started alienating veterans is beyond me, and i think johnson was one of them, and why we keep letting bad ass defensive players leave is beyond me.

chode_regulator
10-30-2009, 11:56 PM
LJ doesn't have anywhere near the burst that he used to. Even when they open holes for him he doesn't hit them like he once did.

Make no mistake if he was still productive OR this was his first transgression, he'd probably keep his job. But neither of those things is true.

That said, publicly saying fag would get you fired from a lot of jobs, not just the NFL. LJ should be smart enough to know this, so you can just say that he is being released for being a total MORON if that makes you feel better.

Cant argue here, I have only gotten to see one game so far this year and he had zero chance to even try to get yards.
You are also right about the transgressions, he is an outsider looking in.
As far as publicly saying fag, I don't know I have no experience there either. But im willing to bet, and I don't know bc i think twitter is the stupidest idea ever, that lots of people say fag on there everyday. he should know better and that is a statement against our society today.
i was referencing the fag statement not jsut at him but anyone and i believe america is becoming the biggest pussy of a country the world has ever had the opportunity to see. you cant even sneeze or pick a booger wihtout offending someone somehow.
i hope to god a wwIII never breaks out bc this time america won't be there to save the day. what woudl the average young american do if he had to go off to war and be separated from twitter, facebook, myspace, gossip girl, mtv, his tweezers for his eyebrows, his mirror for his mascara, his mommy to tell him that he is the most handsome and smartest and rappers who can say whatever they want and not get in trouble and the worst of all...no texting.

Horry For 3!
10-31-2009, 03:12 AM
Looks like whoever has Jamaal Charles is gonna be happy. UT!

Fabbs
11-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Would the Chiefs fall for LT Pouter and Norv for Johnson and a 1st Rder?

chode_regulator
11-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Would the Chiefs fall for LT Pouter and Norv for Johnson and a 1st Rder?

Nothing is too outlandish for the Chiefs right now. HOnestly they are going to probably just end up taking what they can for him.
I am predicting though that he will be like cedric or ricky and blow up at the next team he goes to and will be badass again.

exstatic
11-02-2009, 12:55 AM

That. There have been rumors that he's never been a great guy, but they put up with it because he was a horse. When you aren't a character guy, your career tends to come to a screeching halt the minute you are no longer a stud.

K-State Spur
11-02-2009, 07:15 AM
But im willing to bet, and I don't know bc i think twitter is the stupidest idea ever, that lots of people say fag on there everyday.

I don't doubt that. I should specify the difference between saying it publicly and others complaining about it to your boss(es) publicly.

Any company that has a PR department just isn't going to want to have to deal with it.